PDA

View Full Version : Start a Mass Reporting of The Fakes on CityX?

GioBeYourBody
07-04-19, 03:32
Anyone else care to join in with me? I'm going to go off on a binge of reporting the obvious fake ads for that particular site. I plan to do it daily. Do any of you think it will help limit the flooding of fakes if we all join in to do it? Or does it make no difference on the site? I've never noticed if they actually remove the profiles I report.

I guess I'd like to hear some feedback on this. And, which one of these categories do you believe will have the most impact? Here's the options on their site:

Please select a category for your report:

-Content involves underage persons or non-consensual activity.

-Other illegal content.

-Spam.

-Overposted ad.

-Miscategorized ad.

-Ad violates copyright or otherwise protected content (DMCA takedown request).

GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS MONGERS.

Gio.

NomineVeritas
07-04-19, 10:50
You're definitely not alone in wanting this done or having done this. I sat at my comp one night for nearly an hour reporting ad after ad for spam, though I think it did little more than embolden the spammers to up their game and increase it. Maybe more folks doing so will get their attention, maybe not, but it beats doing nothing and swimming through the spam sea CityX has become.

Anyone else care to join in with me? I'm going to go off on a binge of reporting the obvious fake ads for that particular site. I plan to do it daily. Do any of you think it will help limit the flooding of fakes if we all join in to do it? Or does it make no difference on the site? I've never noticed if they actually remove the profiles I report.

I guess I'd like to hear some feedback on this. And, which one of these categories do you believe will have the most impact? Here's the options on their site:

-Other illegal content.

-Spam.

-Overposted ad.

-Miscategorized ad.

Gio.

Cephlapod Love
07-04-19, 14:36
Anyone else care to join in with me? I'm going to go off on a binge of reporting the obvious fake ads for that particular site. I plan to do it daily. Do any of you think it will help limit the flooding of fakes if we all join in to do it? Or does it make no difference on the site? I've never noticed if they actually remove the profiles I report.Kudos on taking some initiative instead of just grousing about it! I wish you godspeed in your endeavors!

Not sure how it works exactly but don't clicks and website visits "count" as to what a site can get in revenue from advertisers? Would it be effective to stop visiting the site altogether and see if the drop in clicks effects the bottom line? Vote with your clicks to effect $ as a way to effect change?

As I reported elsewhere, I have figured out how to spot the fakes or potential fakes such that I only spend a minute or two on the site. For me, my mongering time is limited, so when one source quits working, I go elsewhere.

No one site has emerged as a dominant force like BP was, so hunting around and using multiple sites is a technique I have had to adopt. Here is a list from last year of the "traffic" on various sites. I use many of them while looking around for poetry reading talent.

Just an alternate thought, fwiw.

DDP9999
07-04-19, 14:57

-Other illegal content.

-Spam.

-Overposted ad.

-Miscategorized ad.

Gio.I will Add the ones I find.

Glenn Bobb
07-05-19, 12:08
I hate fake ads they are annoying. How annoying? I would put them more annoying than panhandlers, less annoying than robo calls. However they do remind me to always be questioning everything. We all can spot the fake ad: TGTBT pic, Pics that are way too overtly sexual, ads written with poor syntax, the ad with no phone number but an email that follows a format like AAA999@spam.com, etc and so on.

Why I don't bother flagging these? The reason I joined this board was not to brag, or to win fake internet points. It was when I was talking to providers and finding out there are a bunch of bonehead guys overpaying and making this harder for the rest of us. Newbies step out on the scene flush with cash and just inflate prices. Girls see how stupid newbies are, and try to start ripping people off because they think we are all stupid. Eventually I get one of those girls trying that on me and it's a bad time for everyone. So I decided to hand out free educational lessons. Most of my posts focus on 2 themes; 1. Keeping prices low, 2. Safety issues. I seldom post about what a great time I had with a provider. None of you care what I did or how many times I did it. If there are bad apples out there and have wasted my time or I see them pulling shady garbage, I will let the world know. This hurts the bad providers and sends more traffic to the good ones. So I'm never one to yell at some new guy asking where to find girls. RTFF is a horrible reply to give anyone. I give newbs the locations and most importantly hard prices. For example $20 is the max for a SW to start, if she was good tip her A LITTLE. $20 buys 2 hits of whatever that girls is hooked on.

So now getting back to fake ads. There are stupid guys we can't help, mostly because they don't know this site exists. We all look at those fake ads and say who would fall for this? Well I'm sure their are dopes that do. Those dopes will end up hurting us in the long run. I find it's better to let them get scammed when they 1st start, leave a bad taste in their mouth about this hobby and have them move on to something like cam girls. I'm also afraid the scammers might get smarter if we let on that we know they are. There used to be a panhandler in Philly I hated. Everyday at the light he would give me his homeless sob story. It was good. Finally I snapped on him and said I know you aren't homeless because while you are dressing in a dirty clothes you have bright white Jordans on your feet. Next time I saw him, he had 2 different shoes on. I had inadvertently helped the guy I wanted to fail. I probably wasn't the only person that noticed the shoes and didn't give him money. I don't want to be helping the bad guys. If they think they are winning, they won't change their approach is what I'm saying.

On the other site of the coin I would LOVE to send a message to these sites that we won't stand for fake ads and spammers. However I feel the site only cares about money so if it's spammers paying money it won't matter. If they get paid everytime we click a posting it might be easier to stop it. City X is unusable in a place like Philly, but good for a small area like DE and South NJ. City X is also free. I like free and with free I understand some BS comes with it.

I love the idea of being united and taking down fake ads, I'm just not sure if it's the best idea. Sometimes the Devil you know how to get around is better than the one you don't. Let's use this collective unitedness and start to figure out solutions to this and other pitfalls in this hobby.

GioBeYourBody
07-31-19, 00:50

-Other illegal content.

-Spam.

-Overposted ad.

-Miscategorized ad.

Gio.For everyone who has checked cityx today, I believe you noticed a major difference in the ratio of catfish / scam ads verses legit ads. Well yeah, that's kinda because of me busting my balls to get all the fakes and scams off of our little corner of that website. I've been hacking down the scams one by one for hours on end, and it's finally paying off. I'm witnessing these ads being up at time X, and removed by time Z. So you could say I'm kind of a big deal around here. LOL. You're welcome gentleman. It should be very helpful moving forward not having to weed through the bullshit all the time. Soo yea, if any of you fine gentleman would like to credit me a date with any of your favorite UTR's, that would be simply smashing (pun intended). Or just inbox me some pretty flowers to say thank you for your service Mr Gio. Just havin fun with ya fellas. Happy Mongering out there, and enjoy the new filtered version of cityx's Delaware ads.

Peace,

Gio.

CSerpnt
08-08-19, 08:12
Though taking down the spammers will help. Imo, it will only work till they find another angle. At the moment, for the most part, I've figured out what's good and what's not on cxg- as most of you gentleman have. I'll not post the obvious signs, why? You know folks find this info here & use it, next we'll be having a much harder time. All kinds of folks can be posting to deter us. Better we learn their game. If you crack an enemies code you don't tell them. You use it and let them think it's working for them. Intelligence & counterintelligence. Down scope!

Frasier69
08-10-19, 09:01

Gio.There are simply too many fake ads on CityX to bother trying to help. It's also clear to see that CityX isn't doing anything to filter / ban fake ads. If your goal is to only have valid postings on CityX so to make your job finding someone easier then your time would be better spent using a sugar daddy site like seeking. You still need to put in some work along with paying for a membership but you'll end up spending less time with better rewards for your efforts.

I do miss the days of fishing for true UTR on CL. It took more work than a sugar daddy site but you could find some real diamonds / values. But before they removed their sections the level of fake postings was nearly on par with CityX.