PDA

View Full Version : Burner recommendations?

CnjDevilish
06-02-19, 16:26
Decided that it's time to pick up a burner phone. Are they all pretty much the same. Any recommendations?

FarFarAway
06-02-19, 16:54
Decided that it's time to pick up a burner phone. Are they all pretty much the same. Any recommendations?I have posted on this before on specific sugar threads, you can go back to it for more info. I use a TracFone smartphone, it cost like $40 at Walmart or Target. I installed Google voice on it which enables me to get texts on the web, like on my laptop when I am at home. No need to risk having the burner there. You can load up for minutes or texts (I never use the native texts anymore) or web gigs, which I use a lot of. I do like to speak by phone w / a POT sugar baby before trying to meet, it saves aggravation if they are an air-head, and increases the likelihood they will show up.

TrojanHorsey
06-02-19, 16:58
Decided that it's time to pick up a burner phone. Are they all pretty much the same. Any recommendations?I have accumulated a bunch of old phones and never threw one away. I simply went to Best Buy and bought a BYOP TracFone kit for $1. Each kit has 3 SIM cards--ATT, TMob, VZN. I purchased a MasterCard gift card--the amount depends on how long a service you want. I used the gift card to anonymously start a 1 year TracFone service. Pay for everything in cash in relation to your burner. No papertrail back to you. Use an anonymous email when setting up your TracFone account. TracFone allows you to change your area code and number up to 4 X per month. When I go to a new city I simply choose a new number. 702 for Vegas as an example. So easy a caveman can do it, and I am using a phone that I already intimately know very well.

This is just one of many suggestions on how to do a burner, but it has served me well due to anonymity and flexibility. The added bonus is I am plugging the SIM into an old Android phone that has downloaded a few free WiFi only texting-calling Apps so I have 5 or 6 different phone numbers on one phone--one real, the other are 5 easily disposable electronic ones.