PDA

View Full Version : I need to ask

Yodaman
08-24-05, 16:02
With all of the comments and concern about LE and their underhanded activies I need to get real answerw to assumptions that I have operated successfully under for years (perhaps times/laws have changed)

What is illegal about getting a massage,?

As I understand the law, massage is not illegal, if it were they would simply close all MP's. Sex between consenting adults is also not illegal UNLESS money is exchanged or a specific act is requested and money is part of the request. Is this a true statement? How can you be arrested if the "crime" cannot be proven?Even if LE monitors the forums, and I guess they do, what is illegal about posting? Even if specific details are posted will LE be able to get a warrant based on the post? BTW I am NOT advocating posting any specific details, its just common sense not to.

Perhaps I have been under the wrong impression for the past 30 years. Someone that knows ,and is not guessing the answers, please post.

Thanks
Yoda...Out!

Speck
08-24-05, 21:40
What is illegal about getting a massage,?

Nothing, but cities often require specific training and licenses to be a masseuse. So police can check out the businesses based on this.

Even if LE monitors the forums, and I guess they do, what is illegal about posting? Even if specific details are posted will LE be able to get a warrant based on the post?

There is nothing illegal about posting, and I have no idea where you got the idea that anyone believes it may be illegal to post. I will tell you that the majority of posters here do treasure thier anonimity.

And yes, LE could get a warrant based on postings here. However, with the type of illegal business a mp might conduct, a search warrant is relatively useless. Instead, LE will use info they find here to have a under cover officer go to the mp posing as a customer, and yes, male LE can get naked.

Yodaman
08-25-05, 12:31
"There is nothing illegal about posting, and I have no idea where you got the idea that anyone believes it may be illegal to post. I will tell you that the majority of posters here do treasure thier anonimity.

And yes, LE could get a warrant based on postings here. However, with the type of illegal business a mp might conduct, a search warrant is relatively useless. Instead, LE will use info they find here to have a under cover officer go to the mp posing as a customer, and yes, male LE can get naked. "

Speck, I really do not have the impression that posting is illegal obviously if I thought it were I wouldn't post(LOL), It was a retorical question. However, your response was very well put. I guess I wasn't really very clear, my point was that LE reading these posts from anon posters would most likly be hard pressed to get a judge to issue a warrent based soley on the post, and as you point our even if they got the warrent is would be useless.

Thank you for your response. I have participated in MP's for over 30+ years, in many states and countries, and never even been close to a bust. The purpose of my questions is to be informed by those of you that really know the laws. There is so much paranoia that I believe the facts will speak for themselves. IMO information is the beginning of caution, so thank you Spec for your informative post.

Be cautious, be informed!
Yoda

Stoner
08-25-05, 13:48
Here is an excellent read to understand the logic behind the legality of MPs.

http://www.memun.org/SchoolsProject/html/Resources/themes/sexually_orient.htm

It relates to Maine, but the principles are true elsewhere. Its these regulations put in place by the town that makes it legal to search...and its the state laws on prostitution that get enforced if evidence appears alluding to it.

Oc Amper
06-03-06, 19:42
The 2nd link I found particulary interesting. From the brief, it appears that a municipality would need to create an ordinance that would allow for warrantless searches. If they do so, then they would be able to inspect at will. According to this case, that would be a legal search.

Injunction Against Certain Actions by Prostitutes Does not Violate Constitutional Rights
http://www.swlearning.com/blaw/cases/constitutional/1201_constitutional_01.html

Warrantless Searches of Massage Parlors Constitutional
http://www.swlearning.com/blaw/cases/warrantless_searches.html