PDA

View Full Version : Search limits

Seva Lurker
08-13-05, 09:07
jackson,

I sincerly appreciate the effort you put into bot the international and US sex guides. Of the recent changes, I would like to see one of them go back to the way it was.

It now seems that there is a 100 message limit on returns for a search. Not only for the "New Reports", but also for regular searches. I tried to locate a bit of information that I know was posted a couple of years ago and maybe even more recently. When I made the search, the date frame when I knew the posts was made did not show up because it was after the 100 message limit.

I know there are work arounds to this, such as set a date range, but the 100 limit even impacts the new postings. I try to check the forume daily, but on a busy day for posts, it is possible to have more than 100 new posts in less than 24 hours.

though I'd like to see the limit upped or removed, this request is not a show stopper. The forum is not locked up or posts aren't appearing, etc. Just my two cents worht.

Ulie Facedown
10-04-06, 17:07
I'll second the desire to have more than 100 returned. Especially the request for the New Reports/Today's Reports search.

Thank-You--UF

BladeRunner007
10-31-06, 02:31
I don't have the privileges to create a new thread, so I just wanted to throw in two more suggestions:

When you click on photo gallery, at the top right it shows the option to sort by date or location and the drop-down shows "newest" and "forum name". wouldn't it be less confusing to use date and location?

When search results are returned instead of listing the link to the thread, isn't there a way to link directly to the post(s) with the searched term?

Double Nickle
11-12-06, 13:18
I understand that formerly all search results were posted. Currently results cut off at 100. With the lesser resources this uses, is it possible to expand the ability to search for small or common words. I might want to search for a provider whose age I remember was posted as 38 but whose name escapes me. Or I might want to find references to the 15 year rule or to TS (table shower), etc. Just a thought for a possible improvement. The site is delightfully easy to navigate, fun to read, informative, useful. Oops, please don't delete because this sounds like an advertisement for USASG. -DN

Benchseats Rock
11-13-06, 17:04
When search results are returned instead of listing the link to the thread, isn't there a way to link directly to the post(s) with the searched term?

Newbie, you really ought to learn how to use the advanced search function.