PDA

View Full Version : NYC Law Enforcement Q&A.

Myke Mark
07-18-05, 09:55
Like most of my monger friends I love my car and I cant see no pig auctioning my car for his family to have it. So Lets Make this part for questions and answers.

How do you know when you see a sw, she's not a dcoy or LE?

If you do get caught by LE what should you do?

Does asking a sw if shes "A COP" give you enough for entrapment?

These are the ususal questions. If you know answers feel free to post or if you have your own questions feel free to post. Lets Stick together!!!!!

corvettepsych
07-19-05, 00:27
Hello fellow mongerers!

I'm new to this board. I've been away for some time. I'm trying to get back into my old 'mongering form.' Well, since 2000, I observed a number of 'Sting Operations' in NYC, Queens, and the Bronx. If you are familiar with the track(s), and the culture of the neighborhood, you will easily recognize a LE operation. As a mongerer, you must adhere to a few basic rules:

Survey the track prior to hooking up. Take a look around. LE SWs always
dress more conservatively than real SWs, at least in most situations. Most of the time, I would watch another John pick-up the SW before I did. This approach would almost guarantee my safety! In addition, I observed situations where the LE SWs allow the genuine SWs to work while they conduct their sting. Confusing, huh? Pay attention!

At times, during the midst of a sting operation, there may be marked cars nearby. I observed one sting in HP where the marked cars would block the street after an LE SW gave the signal that a crime was committed. The marked cars were hiding on the streets parallel to the main track. Once they were alerted, they blocked the street...then, the undercovers (who were on foot) came out of a parked van to make the arrest. The John's egress was blocked! Oh yeah, LE SWs always have undercovers close to them. When driving through the track, look inside the cars where the SWs are standing prior to your hook-up. This technique may also protect you from a crazy pimp!

Always remember one thing about NYPD: When they are determined to make arrests...they will! I wouldn't worry about verbal semantics. If you approach an LE SW, and remotely suggest that you are looking for action, I guarantee that you are going to get hauled in. There were times while I was cruising the 40's in Manhattan when I observed undercover LE follow various Johns (after the pick-up) and arrest them once they parked. There was no verbal exchange whatsoever!

One more thing: When you pick-up an SW, try to make sure that there are no cars behind you. There were times that I would get out on foot and aproach the SW...and then, bring her to my car; however, you may not want to get out of your car in certain areas. NYC is a good place to practice this technique. Oh yeah, after you make the pick-up, NEVER EVER receive your service on the track! Try to get away from the track and the scores of horny guys driving back and forth.

Hopefully, I've said enough. Please e-mail if you need more info. Thanks!!!

mrlionkingx
07-19-05, 00:34
Just ask her whats good whats she up to they cant get you on that. A cop tried to get me with that shit. I just ask what shes up to if shes in the car don't talk . Just motion her to lift up the shirt and see tits. They can't get that on mic then she should be good to go.

07-19-05, 10:27
I almost bought it in Brooklyn one time. There was a cute Latina I pulled up on. I always ask it they need a ride or just say hey what's up. A true SW will get in the car. LE will try and get some key details from you before they do so. It's rare the LE will get in the car. They do not want to put the officer in such a vonerable position. If some psyco monger is armed this could get hairy.

This time in Brooklyn, she kept asking what do you want to do and all I said was hop in and we'll work it out. She kept going back to what do you want to do. She had a gym bag about 15 feet away. She was saying what do you want, I need to get my bag. She wanted to snag me verbally and while she was getting the bag her partners would swoop in for the collar. My Spidey sense went off and I said maybe next time.

I pulled over up the block and watched the next poor monger get busted. Needless to say I went home without trying any goods this evening.

07-19-05, 10:33
Another thing, with all these threads popping up for every stupid reason, I applaud Mike Mo for comming up with one that makes perfect sense. Lets not bastardize it by doing additional treads like - NYC Law Enforcement Q&A on a Thursday when it's raining and I'm wearing brown shoes ect. It seems there are more theads these days that actual posts. Mike, this one is on the money. We can all learn fron each others knowledge and mistakes.

mrlionkingx
07-19-05, 17:16
Man Sticky, you said a mouthful. An undercover tried that shit on me, I pulled up and there was a dude standing 20 feet away giving her signals. I pulled up cause man she looked good, and then I asked her "whats cooking" and she said "what you wanna do?" I asked her whats she up to and she said "you wanna go to the hotel?" Man my spidey senses were buzzing and tingling like crazy and so was the spidey senses in my pants. Like I said, she was fire, but I had to pass. I circled the block and did recon on her and then she goes to the dude who looked like her partner or pimp. Then a Audi pulls up she jumps in. I followed like 200 feet back and guess what? A whole bunch of DTs popped up and caught that dude. Poor dude, he took one for Team Monger. Now he will be someones ***** and his car might go on auction.

New Yorker
07-19-05, 18:26
Another thing, with all these threads popping up for every stupid reason, I applaud Mike Mo for comming up with one that makes perfect sense. Lets not bastardize it by doing additional treads like - NYC Law Enforcement Q&A on a Thursday when it's raining and I'm wearing brown shoes ect. It seems there are more theads these days that actual posts. Mike, this one is on the money. We can all learn fron each others knowledge and mistakes.Right Sticky. I was thinking the same thing when Mike came up with the idea to post this.

I'm a completely passive monger. A have never said or done anything incriminating before my knob was being polished.

Of course the hit/miss ratio can be terrible as a result of this passive approach, but I just don't take chances.

The last bj I had over on the 28th and Lex strip was from Torey who did all the real talking.(I have to find her again). When she told me to grab her P___y before we proceeded, I knew it was on.

Gtrack
07-19-05, 21:15
Hello fellow mongerers!

I'm new to this board. I've been away for some time. I'm trying to get back into my old 'mongering form.' Well, since 2000, I observed a number of 'Sting Operations' in NYC, Queens, and the Bronx. If you are familiar with the track(s), and the culture of the neighborhood, you will easily recognize a LE operation. As a mongerer, you must adhere to a few basic rules:

Survey the track prior to hooking up. Take a look around. LE SWs always
dress more conservatively than real SWs, at least in most situations. Most of the time, I would watch another John pick-up the SW before I did. This approach would almost guarantee my safety! In addition, I observed situations where the LE SWs allow the genuine SWs to work while they conduct their sting. Confusing, huh? Pay attention!

At times, during the midst of a sting operation, there may be marked cars nearby. I observed one sting in HP where the marked cars would block the street after an LE SW gave the signal that a crime was committed. The marked cars were hiding on the streets parallel to the main track. Once they were alerted, they blocked the street...then, the undercovers (who were on foot) came out of a parked van to make the arrest. The John's egress was blocked! Oh yeah, LE SWs always have undercovers close to them. When driving through the track, look inside the cars where the SWs are standing prior to your hook-up. This technique may also protect you from a crazy pimp!

Always remember one thing about NYPD: When they are determined to make arrests. They will! I wouldn't worry about verbal semantics. If you approach an LE SW, and remotely suggest that you are looking for action, I guarantee that you are going to get hauled in. There were times while I was cruising the 40's in Manhattan when I observed undercover LE follow various Johns (after the pick-up) and arrest them once they parked. There was no verbal exchange whatsoever!

One more thing: When you pick-up an SW, try to make sure that there are no cars behind you. There were times that I would get out on foot and aproach the SW...and then, bring her to my car; however, you may not want to get out of your car in certain areas. NYC is a good place to practice this technique. Oh yeah, after you make the pick-up, NEVER EVER receive your service on the track! Try to get away from the track and the scores of horny guys driving back and forth.

Hopefully, I've said enough. Please e-mail if you need more info. Thanks!!!The most important thing is to recognize the mongers you are about to deal with. Walk by them a few times and see if they are receptive to dating.If you go to your familar track most of the time you can recognize the regulars. People that are over dressed are generally LE and they usually stand by themselves near a corner from what I have observed. I walk so I usually dont have to be worried about being pulled over.

In 28 years of mongering I have been stopped less than ten times by LE

Dudebro1
07-20-05, 20:42
I've been caught twice but let go both times. This was pre-Giuliani and COMPSTAT, though. The first was they rolled up on me on the track while the action was on, the provider non-chalantly hops out of the car and walks away, the LE boys sit there and make fun of me for a minute then tell me to leave. The second was I picked up the real deal and they followed me for 10 minutes as we looked for "safe" spots. They zipped by in an undercover car that looked just like a NYC taxi. Luckily, they stopped us after two minutes but negotiations were still ongoing, no action or transaction had occurred, so they tried to get me to admit what was going on for 15 minutes, then told me to go home and stay out of the area. This is over 17 years so I've kept off the radar pretty well with the tips Mike Mo gave.

One last tip. If you date some of the girls on the track and they get to know you, they might warn you about ULE in the area while your window shopping. If you drive the track on the way back with one they also point out the others who are real providers and you can remember for next time. They might also mention who other mongers have complained about poor service or craziness. They might just hate the girl, but why not use every possible resource out there in the street?

Bro

Myke Mark
07-21-05, 11:59
Another thing, with all these threads popping up for every stupid reason, I applaud Mike Mo for comming up with one that makes perfect sense. Lets not bastardize it by doing additional treads like - NYC Law Enforcement Q&A on a Thursday when it's raining and I'm wearing brown shoes ect. It seems there are more theads these days that actual posts. Mike, this one is on the money. We can all learn fron each others knowledge and mistakes.Dude,

It was something on my mind for a while to do because the site has something like this but we ALL know NYPD is something WAY different! I am just glad all have contributed so much!

Guys all the tips on here are great to know. And now I want to share something I found on the net. Incase some mongers on here aren't as lucky as our brethren hopefully this website can do some good! http://www.colleluorilaw.com/PracticeAreas/PracticeAreaDescriptions6.asp

I actually have a almost got bagged story but I'll type it later! And some tips and such I learned myself as well!

Keep up the posting guys!

Panama Free
07-23-05, 21:11
I do everything to avoid the stings. On one occasion I saw a smoking hot bsw. I pulled up to her and said "need a ride". She said "just trying to make some money", I said "hang on".

I pulled over into a gravel lot well off of the street and got out of my vehicle. She walked over and followed me behind the vehicle. Then vice swooped out of no where, I did check 2 surrounding blocks prior to this and nobody was hanging out in cars.

Vice cuffed me and processed me at a remote site. In her police report (decoy sw), she said that I had offered her $5 for a BJ. The vehicle was impounded, a rental but still I had to pay $1K to get it out.

Legal fees to defend this crock of sh*t ran about 1K, and still no one believed that I did not solicite in any way, shape, form.

Lesson: if they're looking to make their numbers and an impact to impress the community it's going to happen no matter how preventitive your measures are.

It's not fun, and your word will never beat a cops word. Unless you wire your vehicle and record your sessions. You can find power transformers (convert 12v to 110v), and wireless nanny cams on ebay for cheap. Then you just use a laptop and software like http://www.video-capture.info/ to record your sessions. ($250 is better than $2000+).

Stay safe.

07-25-05, 10:04
Panama,

That all sounds fucked up. I thought this was the USA where you are inocent until proven guilty. What proof did they have besides her word? LE usually wears a wire, not olny for your statements but for her to communicate to her back up.

AJC1959
08-01-05, 23:33
Hello all,

I recently was informed that my website was cited here on this board and I have received a number of hits and have spoken to a few of you concerning matters you have raised here. I thought I would log on and see if I could bring anything to this thread.

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE INFORMATION PROVIDED HERE IS FOR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE AND IS NOT "LEGAL ADVICE". IT IS NOT MEANT TO CREATE A LEGAL RELATIONSHIP ( THAT ONLY OCCURS ONCE YOU PAY ME. IF YOU HAVEN'T GIVEN ME MONEY, WE HAVE NO LAWYER CLIENT CONFIDENTIALITY AND I DO NOT REPRESENT YOU) FINALLY, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU FOLLOW WHAT IS OFFERED HERE TO THE LETTER AND IT DOESN'T GET YOU THE DESIRED RESULTS.

1. A cop, undercover or not, can break the law to nab you. Yes it weakens their case, yes you still wind up behind bars and in a forfeiture status if you get busted. Hence even if they lift their tops or show their "private" parts they can still be a cop and you can still be arrested. SORRY!

2. Asking if they are a cop and receiving a false denial not only doesn't hurt their case one iota but it also points out that you knew what you were up to. It can be used as an indicia of your guilty conscience. DO NOT DO THIS. In fact if you get busted SHUT UP the less anyone says the better. BTW if they seem like they are trying to make you say the words, they are LE or stupid. Count on LE not on stupid, in the long run it is safer.

3. LE is not always using taps anymore but I think this hurts them at trial. SO if you get busted IMMEDIATELY Ask for a lawyer. (My phones are answered 24/7 and someone from my staff will usually go to where you are being held to try to get you out on an appearance ticket. NOTE WE CANNOT POST BAIL FOR YOU IT IS CONSIDERED AN ETHICAL VIOLATION). Whatever you do DO NOT SIGN A RIGHTS CARD AND DO NOT WAIVE YOUR RIGHTS TO AN ATTORNEY EVEN IF THEY TELL YOU IT WILL SLOW YOUR PROCESSING UP. Again the best advice is to SHUT THE F__K UP!

4. Do not try to bargin your way out with the cops. They will take any attempt by you and use it against you. Wait until you speak to a lawyer and let him plead for you. He is better at it than you and his words cannot usually be used against you. MOREOVER DO NOT OFFER THE COPS ANYTHING THEY WILL CHARGE YOU WITH BRIBERY and then your really screwed. In Other words SHUT UP !!!!!!!

5. If you are busted in the city of NY and do not get out on an appearance ticket (aka a DAT) you will be held a minimum of 18 and a usual maximum of 24 hours. Not using a legal aid or assigned counsel and having your own counsel there will shorten the stay a few hours but not more than a couple. It will cost you money. (BTW legal aid lawyers are in fact attorneys and do a pretty good job given the case load they carry, however solicitation and prostitution is not a very serious case as these things go so you will probably not be a prioity to them.

6. A lawyer is as expensive to use as a high priced call girl. SO if you hobby it is a good idea to have about 1k in cash in a place that can be gotten to without your help. ( your in jail and you cannot help nor can you use a credit card or a check to post bond you need CASH) As for the lawyer, a good one will want a minimum of 1500 and will charge at least 225 an hour ( more if he has a lot of experience but the NYC average is 450 and the LI average is about 250) I charge 300 but come out in the dark of night and in the cold to get your sorry butt out of jail so I think I am worth it. Also the lawyer is gonna want payment up front ( just like the call girl come to think of it) many take credit cards too. Hmm I see waaaay too many similarities...

7. It is easier to get nabbed in an incall or by a SW, but you all have probably figured that out by now.

8. Believe it or not a cop can get it on with you if it means not blowing her cover. ( Yeah I get the double entendre but YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN).

9. In order to prove their case at trial the prosecution needs a pretty clear contract for sex this means there has to be an offer, and acceptance of said offer and of course consideration. They will testify that any euphamism for sex is a code (ie full service and Billy Joel and Frankie and Hank Jones etc) Hell I have a case where they asked a stripper to meet them after work for breakfast and they are gonna testify that breakfast meant that she agreed to a blowjob... go figure.Point being that just because they arrest you doesn't mean that your gonna get convicted, but that probably isn't going to matter to you. IF You go to trial and win you can sometimes get your money for your trouble back in a civil rights suit but don't count on it. Nevertheless you should probably go to trial in most of these cases. The prosecution almost never tries them and they therefore lose a lot. AS LONG AS YOU HAD SHUT THE FUCK UP WHEN YOU SHOULD HAVE!!!

Any way I hope this post has helped and I think this thread has some good suggestions ( including a visit to my web sight at http://www.colleluorilaw.com/PracticeAreas/PracticeAreaDescriptions6.asp)
I just hope that I haven't broken any rules in my post and you all can feel free to leave questions for me on the contact sheet on the web site and I will answer what I can, or your sysop can contact me by e mail and I will log on to see if I can answer the questions.

Thanks,

TonyC.

Blackops93
08-03-05, 11:40
Thanks for the information Tony, reminds me of an episode of Homicide where the moral of the story was to just shut the f*ck up.

I think what we all have to remember is that there is a difference between being arrested and LE having a case. Sure you can find yourself arrested for just saying hi to a SW but LE won't necessarily have a case. But after going through the process paying the fine can look very apealing. And I am sure a high percentage of guys pay the fine to just get it over with.

Myke Mark
08-03-05, 18:36
Wow I am so glad that this thread has sparked so much discussion. Like I said or do say at least not on here is knowledge is power!

Tony I hope you are not upset that I posted your site but I ran into it on a search and thought it was VERY informative to post and also I would like to thank you for comming on here and explaining that shut the fuck up should be the world not of the day but of the century!

With all that said maybe craigs isnt looking so bad right now!

MasterShake
08-08-05, 06:51
Over the weekend someone posted a link to this thread on CL in an effort to be helpful. And although that was nice of them I don't think they understand the consequences of what they have done.

What keeps this site BS free is it's unique UTR status we all follow the rules here and we take pride in what we do. Putting us OTR on a site like CL invites trouble and the last thing we need are some of the A**'es that are on CL to come here.

So please, don't link to this site if you want to share information from here just copy and paste the info.

Myke Mark
08-12-05, 10:34
Over the weekend someone posted a link to this thread on CL in an effort to be helpful. And although that was nice of them I don't think they understand the consequences of what they have done.

What keeps this site BS free is it's unique UTR status we all follow the rules here and we take pride in what we do. Putting us OTR on a site like CL invites trouble and the last thing we need are some of the A**'es that are on CL to come here.

So please, don't link to this site if you want to share information from here just copy and paste the info.LISTEN PEOPLE DONT BE STUPID POSTING THIS SHIT ON CRAIGS!

WE WANT TO KEEP OUR CARS AND DONT WANT TO SEE CENTRAL BOOKING!

CRAIGS IS ALL 5-0 THAT SHIT IS CRAWLING WITH THEM!

BE SMART AND BE CONSIDERATE OF US! WE DO NOT NEED ASS HOLES ON HERE PEOPLE!

(Jackson sorry for the all caps but sometimes you have to emphazie things claeraly!)

ThickJohnson
08-12-05, 20:05
I saw that post shake and my first thought was what an idiot. No telling what kinda problems this could cause from both LE and newbies.

Myke Mark
09-01-05, 12:12
Fellow Mongers WATCH OUT! Its the end of the month and the first of the month. Meaning that LE has to finish their ticket books and they start new ones. LE has a quota no matter what anybody says! And they cant just write all their tickets in one day/week. It doesnt look right. Their superiors ask them "If you finish your book in one week what the hell were you doing for the rest of the month?" So they bang out about half in the first weeks, maybe one or two in the middle of the month, and finish the rest in the end!

SO when the 20's come like 23rd or 24th of the month, WATCH OUT. They have been on the hunt this end of month and we can only assume they are on it for the begining of Sept.

Knowledge is Power Remember that!!

AJC1959
09-10-05, 16:00
Mike, I appreciate your letting the folks on this board know about our firm. Moreover it seems that LE is working overtime on vice issues until the election is over. They have been closing down the stripclubs and SW are being prosecuted by the dozens Johns too. Conneticut police have also been increasing strip club enforcement. Again I believe that LE are using cheap tricks to both arrest and pressure convictions. As sex is an otherwise legal activity, I urge you all to be careful not to come close to breaking any laws. I also urge you to fight any prosecution that is unfair or based on lies of a cop. I have read where here that someone believes that the cops word will be taken before that of the accused. That may in fact be true moreoften that not. however a good cross borne in truth will make that cop look like the liar he is. I wouldn't be afraid of them, assuming you have a real advocate at your side and not a dump truck. It also presupposes you have followed the rules and you SHUT UP when arrested.

Have a good month.

TonyC.

Myke Mark
09-12-05, 10:17
Mike, I appreciate your letting the folks on this board know about our firm. Moreover it seems that LE is working overtime on vice issues until the election is over. They have been closing down the stripclubs and SW are being prosecuted by the dozens Johns too. Conneticut police have also been increasing strip club enforcement. Again I believe that LE are using cheap tricks to both arrest and pressure convictions. As sex is an otherwise legal activity, I urge you all to be careful not to come close to breaking any laws. I also urge you to fight any prosecution that is unfair or based on lies of a cop. I have read where here that someone believes that the cops word will be taken before that of the accused. That may in fact be true moreoften that not. however a good cross borne in truth will make that cop look like the liar he is. I wouldn't be afraid of them, assuming you have a real advocate at your side and not a dump truck. It also presupposes you have followed the rules and you SHUT UP when arrested.

Have a good month.

TonyC.

Dude I need to carry your car on me at all times! Seriously!

Unfortunately I used to work for the New York Pigs Department but just not on the LE side of things. But I talked to alot and I personally know a couple. They are really SHADy, especially when its quota time or the captians get a 49 about something that needs to be done. In this case its Mr. Bloomberg trying to keep the streets clean until November.

Maybe we should monger in NJ!

Seems like Cody doesnt care!

Sean EZ
10-10-05, 20:00
Is there any risk going to incall massage or sensual bodyrub that does not advertize as full service one of many such as

http://health.*************************sensualreiki/

?

Same Q goes for CL ads..

Paranoid in NYC.

Open Mind
10-12-05, 23:19
On point 7, Tony indicates that it is easier to get nabbed in an Incall. I wasn't aware of this. I frequent AMP's and have always had the question of what happens to the customer. If I go to an AMP and there is a bust, can I simply be an innocent customer going for a proper full body massage?

also, how likely are LE to bust an independant Incall provider in middle of act? don't they have bigger fish to catch?

someone please advice.
Thanks

AJC1959
11-26-05, 14:49
Sorry I have been unable to check your questions for a while. If anyone moderates this thread (Mike?) if I don't get back to you, give me a call and we will either post of you can relay the answer for me.

Anyway in response to the last question:

In call is an easier shot than out call because LE can set up the sting and get the perfect enviorment for taping etc. They are also safest when they are in control hence the Incall bust is easier for them. Of course on an incall sting they are VERY unlikely to bust after the action has begun. The bust will come usually at the latest after the John has removed his clothes but usually upon the agreement of Sex for Money. Hence do not enter into a negotiation of sex or a sex act for money. If a girl wants to have sex with you during your assignation she will if not she won't if you ask her and she says no, don't date her again if that's not your thing, If she says yes so be it BUT IF YOU OFFER HER MONEY TO CHANGE HER MIND, YOU HAVE SOLICITED HER AND COMMITTED A CRIME. IF SHE SOLICITS YOU, AND YOU SAY YES, YOU HAVE COMMITTED A CRIME (FORGET THE ENTRAPMENT THING FOR NOW WINNING THE CASE WILL STILL COST YOU WAY MORE THAN IF THE ARREST NEVER HAPPENED.)

Nes NYC
01-17-06, 12:05
Thanks for the tips AJC1959! I was thinking the exact same thing. Incalls are far easier for setting up stings as someone coming into your home would require a warrent of some kind signed by a judge, no? And BTW, LEo is only interested in numbers so they would rather set up an incall and have those patty wagons waiting to be loaded. Catching one monger at his home at a time is very resource intensive and honestly, I haven't heard of these type of operations going down. Usually, it's at an incall location or motel where the traps are set.

Cagep1967
01-17-06, 13:51
Guys,

One bit of advice from a fellow monger. When picking up a SW for a car date, I never talk to her unless she is in my car and we have driven away from the area that I have picked her up from.

I usually chat it up for a while on some other topic, then when far enough away from possible backup, we have the conversation.

Female undercovers will always want to talk while she is outside the car and will never drive away from the area with her backup.

Also, if you pickup someone and LEO follows you it gives you enough time to spot them. Although in NJ you can get busted for even talking to/picking up a known SW in a known stroll. I don't know what the charge would be or the legality behind it having never been caught in 20+ years of hobbying.

Later,

Cage.

Benchseats Rock
06-09-06, 09:50
Cops, using the Net, nab five in prostitution ring; prostitutes children placed in foster care

Breaking News Alerts

BY MICHAEL FRAZIER
Newsday Staff Writer

June 9, 2006

Millions of online users turn to the popular Craigslist.com Web site in search for a home, tickets or a car, but many also use it to find sex.

Understanding that, Nassau police routinely monitored the site and this week arrested five people accused of using it to advertise prostitution.

Police said they suspect dozens of so-called Johns in recent weeks answered the ads and met for sex at motels in Plainview and Jericho.

"This is an ongoing problem to Nassau County and the metropolitan area ... that the vice squad is attentive to," said Capt. Steven Skrynecki of the Nassau County Vice Squad. "It's a constant battle to keep this under control."

Numerous resident complaints and undercover operations led to the arrests of the five who appeared Thursday in First District Court in Hempstead, authorities said. Police said they all, except a man-and-woman team, acted independently.

Craigslist.com, a site allowing Internet users to peruse and post notices for free, has more than 10 million visitors each month, the site said.

Illegal sex-for-money ads can be found under the site's erotic section. Some are accompanied by lewd or sexually explicit language and pictures.

"We received quite a bit of calls from parents ... and from adults themselves who ... find this to be offensive," Skrynecki said "It's a fine line in promoting prostitution and allowing advertisement."

Craigslist's founder, Craig Newmark, didn't return a call Thursday seeking comment.

On Tuesday, Ebony Gilreath, 21, of Brooklyn, was arrested on a charge of prostitution at a Plainview motel. Shaneesa White, 21, of College Park, Ga., and Keith Cowan, 23, of Riverdale, Ga., were arrested at a Jericho motel.

White had her daughter, 4, with her at the time of her arrest. The child was placed in a Suffolk County foster home, .police said.

When White met customers for sex, she left her daughter alone in the car outside the hotel room, police said. They said Cowan served as White's chauffeur and security guard.

White was charged with prostitution and endangering the welfare of a child. Cowan was charged with promoting .prostitution, endangering the welfare of a child and criminal possession of marijuana.

On Wednesday, police arrested Claudinette Rodriguez, 38, of Miami Beach, and Victoria Finley, 21, of Orlando, Fla., at Plainview motels and charged each of them with prostitution.

Gilreath was released without bond, pending a June 19 court date.

White had a bail set of $2,000 cash or bond. So did Rodriguez.

Cowan was ordered held on a bail of $2,000 bond or $3,000 cash, while Finley's bail was set at $5,000 bond or $2,500 cash.

Craigslist has long been criticized for allowing unmonitored, and in some cases illegal ads, to be posted. Arrests stemming from sex ads posted there are occurring across the country.

Under federal law, Craigslist isn't liable for what appears on its site, said Kurt Opsahl, a staff attorney for the San Francisco, Calif.-based Electronic Frontier Foundation.

Clubber55
06-18-06, 09:23
Forget even thinking about that entrapment defense, because the pigs will lie about any detail of the arrest after they put the handcuffs on you to the prosecutor and you will be powerless to stop it. Thanks to all the federal antiterrorism money that the NYPD got, they are using it now to pay for vice overtime to set up stings for us dangerous NYC mongers.