PDA

View Full Version : Truckers Busted

BigDaddy69
06-25-05, 14:33
I just thought I would post something I heard.

I heard that last nightTruckers got busted and everyone went to jail. If I hear anymore I will post it.

Knot Sure
06-25-05, 15:05
anybody gone by there today to see if they are open?

BigSexy
06-25-05, 18:10
Heard the rumor also. Trucker's is open from what I understand. No girls at all, no patrons, and dead as a doornail. Supposedly, they will open back up on Monday as an eating joint and bar. From what I hear, don't think they would have any waitresses in anytime soon.

SP has basically shut down also. All they are serving lately is warm coffee and cold drinks.

Seva Lurker
06-25-05, 21:11
I don't know if they are open, but here's a link to the story.

http://www.wbtw.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WBTW/MGArticle/BTW_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031783499782&path=

NC Stick
06-26-05, 15:14
How am I going to explain this to little Stick??

Someone please give us an update ASAP. Thanks.

Stoner
06-27-05, 00:49
Sorry, boys...but those mofos had it coming for a long while. We all knew it. Way too much radar contact, and it has nothing to do with posts or whatever. It was about the open air drugs and shit. Bad combo.

Knot Sure
06-27-05, 10:02
Sounds like one of our favorite places has bitten the dust! Might want to be careful at SP in the near future. Although they are in a different county they may be awaiting a similar fate (hope not, but who knows).

Needless to say our little meeting that we had planned for an upcoming date is canceled. By the way, did anybody else notice that the date of the raid was the first date of the week listed for our together (the date that was posted publically), hmm coincidence, I think NOT!!!!!!! We need to be careful!!!!!!!

Sprinter4544
06-27-05, 10:12
Knot Sure,

I'm with you, too MUCH of a coincidence if you ask me!! Just goes to show who's reading the forum, and what they're doing with the "Public" info they read.
I guess Marlboro County is crime free, since they're spending time busting places like Truckers, and not out looking for the real criminals, murderers, bank robbers, etc!

I don't agree with the drug stuff that was evidently going on there, but that comes with the territory, and the lifestyle too. Oh well, guess I'll have to stick with the regulars I know of, and be sure not to share any info in public.

Have fun, (if that's still possible) and Stay safe!

Cola Bill

buster2067
06-27-05, 17:28
The first thing that I thought of was the meeting some of you were planning. I am glad to see all of you are safe, and I do agree as a matter of fact I noticed some poster last week that I have never seen asking for directions an info about truckers. If I am wrong about them then I apologize , but as the saying goes you never can be too sure who is reading this forum.

Stay Safe and be careful.

Big Guy Eight
06-27-05, 17:45
I had predicted that this would happen after the new LE took office in January, but since it didn't I figured that they were safe.

Our good friend Lolly was among the 12 - she was (and still is) a real sweetheart.

BigSexy
06-28-05, 01:46
How did Trucker's become such a big target? It has been around longer than most of us on this board. It is out in the middle of nowhere, no schools or churches or anything around, they don't advertise or draw attention to themselves. It's very discreet and low-key about the whole thing. I'm sure LE knew about Trucker's way before this board and many of them probably visited at one time or another. The small amount of drugs that they list on the news sounds like personal use and not large scale distribution, so they probably weren't running drugs through the place. It was sort of a good ol-boys' joint. After all of these years, what would bring this about all of a sudden?

Knot Sure
06-28-05, 16:28
How did Trucker's become such a big target? It has been around longer than most of us on this board. It is out in the middle of nowhere, no schools or churches or anything around, they don't advertise or draw attention to themselves. It's very discreet and low-key about the whole thing. I'm sure LE knew about Trucker's way before this board and many of them probably visited at one time or another. The small amount of drugs that they list on the news sounds like personal use and not large scale distribution, so they probably weren't running drugs through the place. It was sort of a good ol-boys' joint. After all of these years, what would bring this about all of a sudden?

short answer new sherref in town

Just a Girl
06-28-05, 17:02
P.S.Thank you for support Big Guy Eight! Luv Ya Baby

xoxo L.A.

Ruthless
06-28-05, 19:51
That sucks to hear about Lolly - she's had a run of bad luck - she was one of the ones that got caught when the place in Newport TN got busted last year. Poor girl - she is a definite all-star.

Knot Sure
06-29-05, 00:06
It sucks all the way around that Lolly and the others got busted. When ever I visited truckers they always treated me right. The people who ran the place were nice folks and the vast majority of the girls who worked there were great too. Is a major bummer that it has come to a sad end. Got an interesting pm today from one of our members who expressed how sad a day it was when he heard that Truckers had been shut down, he was sad and what made it worse he couldn't share with anybody why he was sad. I think we have all seen the passing of a place that years from now people will still be talking about when Truckers was open their memories and all the special girls like Lolly that they spent time with there.

buster2067
06-29-05, 09:41
I am glad to see that the state of South Carolina is so safe and crime free that the only crimes we have is busting up brothels. I guess all that on the t.v and in the newspapers, about murders, robberies and rapes is all just make believe. It really does suck first Santee now Truckers, I have too say I really enjoyed every visit at Truckers the staff was really nice an treated me real good. I will miss them,and I wish only the best for those 12.

Stay Safe and Take Care.

PWhipped
06-29-05, 10:35
Knot, Buster, Cola , all you guys who have been around a while, newbies too, and especially Lolly. I warned of this, we can never be too carefull, yes, the open date was a magnet for the bust to happen, sure, they were to do it sometime, but just think, if the LE could have found some of us ol time frequent posters there, they would be thrilled, just think, Cola Bill, KnotSure, others and myself, they would be gloating, hell they still may think they got us, Hmm, they did, right(grin) . At the bust at Brown House, Danny R said the feds asked specifically about PW, hmm, and you wonder why I am so carefull about specifics. I did not know the owners of Truks so I do not have any info about asking about posters, but for sure, danny called me the next day after Newport bust and told me that they asked about me. I have never done anything that is illegal , I only go for the conversation, beer and food. Only posts about action is pure fiction as is all yours also. Yep, just all a dream.

Lolly, we love you and stay in touch and stay safe, e-mail me or call me if you need something or where you are. Love to you PW

And wet dreams to everone else, Lolly no dream for you, but I can be wet(grin) OL PW

Knot Sure
06-29-05, 11:24
The idea that "The Feds" would be asking about anybody who posts here is more than a little bit scary. Not exactly sure how anything we post here is a federal offense, but still it is more than a litle bit scary!

Ruthless
06-29-05, 12:46
Gentlemen, I would exercise exteme caution in the next few weeks, especially in reference to Trucker's and any other local facilities. I have heard some rumors from a credible source that this whole thing is not finished. Take that for what it's worth, but for those of you I know, PM me for details. For newbies or others, sorry to be vague, but self-perservation is a powerful motivator!

PWhipped
06-29-05, 12:56
Reason?? Most likely to bust me so I would spill the beans , but I have no beans, I make all this up, right, just pipe dreams. Right. They, feds, sherr, LE whatever want to bust as many as they can, $$ in pocket, publicity, and info, any SW you pick up will rat you out in a heartbeat hopeing to save any part of her ass also.

Ruthless. thanks for the heads up, if anything I need to know, please PM me as I know you are flooded with PM asking and I am sure you are busy.

Wet dreams, PW

SC Oral Guy
06-29-05, 12:56
I cant figure what the Feds would want to bust truckers there is no fed law against prostitution, only reason may be racketeering and corrupt cops like they did in chicago in the early 80's.

Now I dont put it past the feds to be looking for us members that post quite often but what could the charges be, bad story telling? Well at least all my posts are stories and not real experiences, im trying to get enough to publish a fictional book.

I know both the owners of truckers and SP ill have to see if I can get some info from them altho I dont want to go to them while things are still hot....

SC Oral Guy

Stoner
06-29-05, 13:52
We had a brothel bust in another state where the feds were involved...specifically DEA and IRS.

They are the ones who have the power to go after these joints and really shut them down. Local LE has its hands tied as its, at most, a misdemeanor offense for most, and hard to substantiate the person in charge was guilty of any crime.

The DEA gets involved if their is a whiff of drugs taking place...imaginary or not. Even "personal" use quantities can justify them coming as they will use this to bait for more intel. They did in the case with a certain upscale brothels up north.

The IRS is involved cause the guy in charge may have understated taxes. Again, that was the case else where, and if that is the case, they have the authority to dig and dig. In our case up north, they started seeking out every lady that worked the brothel in the past 6 or 7 years. Why? All for the purposes of collecting back taxes and getting allegations of serious tax fraud...a very serious offense, more serious than running a brothel.

As for going after posters here an elsewhere...again...it was for the purpose of building a case against the joint and see it shut down hard. In our case, they literally used posts from the former WSG to corner some of the ladies and try to get them to "own up" to the reports.

Obviously its BS, and they -can't- press serious charges on you for posting...but they could attempt to detain you for questioning. In all likelihood, they are very practiced in interogating folks and getting them to spill beans...

The best bet is to use your right to remain silent at all times unless to identify yourself physically (not by the web or whatever).

Would they really time it for nabbing you guys specifically...I seriously doubt it as it takes a SERIOUS amount of planning and money for an inter-operational swing as they probably did at Truckers. Remember, they don't know what to expect in these situations and so have to plan very carefully. It may have taken them 4 months or more to plan this.

Yet, if they were lucky or you gave enough time for them to consider catching 2 birds with one net...anything is indeed possible with the current Taliban in charge. However, they probably wouldn't need you. They nabbed other mongers in the bust, so they will get all the details they want and need to substantiate and intimidate.

Take care all...and good luck. I, too, know what its like to miss your favorite speak-easy. You feel at a real loss, yet you can't share it with others. SC is my long time stomping ground for golf and adult fun. Damn shame to see the Taliban rolling through.

PS...keep in mind, that if the IRS is involved, that they have lots of resources to play with. Its very possible for them to be monitoring communication with various suspects in order to build up the present investigation. Hell, they may have went after Truckers because of some of the ladies going from the other palce that got busted migrating to Truckers. Actually...come to think about it...thats probable.

Hang in there, gents.

Sprinter4544
06-29-05, 15:04
SC Oral Guy,

I'm with you! All of my posts have been nothing more than my wild imagination sharing my thoughts with other "dreamers"! Let me know when you're gonna get that book to the publisher, I have a chapter or two to contribute! My thoughts and prayers go out to those that were busted, I too agree that LE needs to spend their time and efforts on more "serious" crime in our fine state, but that's just my opinion, and come to think of it, this is all a dream anyhow. Guess I'll go back to sleep now.

Have fun, stay safe and most of all, be carefull!

Cola Bill

Bud911
06-29-05, 15:15
I cant figure what the Feds would want to bust truckers there is no fed law against prostitution, only reason may be racketeering and corrupt cops like they did in chicago in the early 80's.

Now I dont put it past the feds to be looking for us members that post quite often but what could the charges be, bad story telling? Well at least all my posts are stories and not real experiences, im trying to get enough to publish a fictional book.

I know both the owners of truckers and SP ill have to see if I can get some info from them altho I dont want to go to them while things are still hot....

SC Oral GuyThere is a federal law called the Mann act. It involves crossing state lines for immoral purposes (prostitution). Most of these girls travel around the southeast for that purpose, though I doubt they are being prosecuted for that.

Puff
06-29-05, 16:17
This morning I left a post and saw a couple from others(lolly included). Now I can't find crap. Also the link to the bust was gone this moring but it's back now. WTF gives?

Big Guy Eight
06-29-05, 17:52
By the way, this is not the first time Trucker's has been busted. I happened a few years ago, and it wasn't long before they were back in business. Give it some time, and maybe a comeback will be in order.

BigDaddy69
07-02-05, 21:46
Isn't the new sheriff a black guy? that is what I heard and Truckers wont let black guys par take in the menu right? Ever thought of that? Was just wondering out loud.

dreamer0308
07-05-05, 07:06
Really courious to know about S.P. Are they still serving warm coffee.If you go by there tell Gino I said Hi.

KYJ
07-09-05, 09:11
From the report on the raid on Truckers,
" and found more drugs, drug paraphernalia, and business records showing transactions of illegal sex. "

WHY oh why did anybody keep business records showing transactions?????

And every place of buisness should know that it is an invitation to a raid to permit any drugs what so ever on the premises.

Stoner
07-11-05, 10:32
Its pretty clear now...this was as suspected...the new Sheriff and the old establishment having there fist fight. Good luck, Sheriff.

Truckers plans to reopen.

Interestingly...there is zero credible sign of federal involvement.

KYJ...if Trucker's didn't show income from a source, and failed to keep records of "something" taking place...they would have been investigated for tax evasion, with a lengthy time served for Mr. Stanton for frauding the U.S. Gov't.

His "records" saved his bacon, since all he got charged with was prostituition...meaning they couldn't get him on RICO, operating a brothel, or any form of money laundering. As you may or may not know, money laundering is the process by which large amounts of illegally obtained money is given the appearance of having originated from a legitimate source. Hotels were once very popular for money laundering schemes. Its one of the reasons that many motels require ID to register...to show that they have legit customers who actually exist. :)

Very shrewd on his part to have the records to cover his ass. This will be interesting to follow.

Is the new Sheriff a black guy?

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WBTW/MGArticle/BTW_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031783670206

Former Coroner Promises 'Legitimate' Motel Business After Prostitution Raid

Rusty Ray
News13
Tuesday, July 5, 2005

Two Fridays ago, former Marlboro County Coroner James Stanton didn't speak to News13 as deputies led him away in handcuffs.

But last week, Stanton spoke out to the Marlboro Herald-Advocate newspaper.

Stanton told a reporter: “any alleged prostitutes and their belongings have been removed from the property and will remain so.”

Stanton continued: ”we will remain open as a legal, entirely legal, legitimate bar and grille and motel.”

When News13 tried calling Stanton at the Trucker’s Motel on Tuesday afternoon, we were told it was "closed."

"Like I told Mr. Stanton, as long as it's a legitimate business, I'll have no problem with it,” said Sheriff Fred Knight. “What I will do from this point on is monitor what goes on there at the motel, and if there's no prostitution, and no drugs, he'll have no problem out of the Marlboro County Sheriffs Office."

Stanton went on to tell the Herald-Advocate: “The management of the truckers motel is deeply apologetic and did not condone the drug activity of those alleged prostitutes.'

Sheriff Knight says the motel cleanup was a long time coming...

"I think the citizens realize the Sheriffs Department does mean business, that we're here, trying to be fair with all the citizens of Marlboro County,” said the Sheriff. “We'll be fair to Mr. Stanton as long as he's fair with us."

buster2067
07-11-05, 15:35
The media and everyone one else can say it was mainly drug related, but that is a bunch of bull. Just like the sheriff said in the news he knew about Truckers and what went on there sense he was a little kid. It didn't matter about bookkeeping or drug use they knew what they were going to find when they raided the place.He said during his campain he was going to clean up the county now when it is re-election time he has something to base his campain on. I am sure they are a lot worst places in Marlboro county than Truckers, I bet if you want to find some crack(the drug that is) there are plenty of crackhouses.

MountainMan
01-28-06, 01:44
Well Truckers is gone for good. It is being auctioned off on Feb. 11th go to http://www.shorttauctions.com for details.

Miles Monroe
01-29-06, 00:26
Well Truckers is gone for good. It is being auctioned off on Feb. 11th go to http://www.shorttauctions.com for details.Too bad. I really liked that place. You could always sit at the bar, have a good conversation and a good burger. I'll miss it.

travelernc
01-30-06, 10:23
Was hoping that after a little while when things cooled off it would reopen to its old Glory. Was always a great place to visit and relax.

M Fever
01-30-06, 12:45
This really sucks...I have been going to Truckers for over 10 years during my business travels. I have never been offered any drugs or ever saw any. It was always a fun and safe place to stop and have a beer, talk to the locals and see the sweet girls.
1st it was The Brown House in Newport, the place in Anderson and now Truckers. Damn, I feel lost now!