PDA

View Full Version : Boston Sports Chat

Pages : [1] 2 3

MeatMan
03-08-18, 22:25
Hell, why not?. I decided to create this thread because well, years of Boston dominance asks for it LOL!. Asides from sex, Let's talk sports!. Patriots, Bruins, Celtics, Red Sox, Revolution, college sports. Locally as well as nationally.

Let's go for it, fellas!.

Nrlmus
03-09-18, 02:26
Celtics are on the way down, Bruins are on the way up but I've been getting into Renegades lately and in more ways then one too. Their back up quarterback she sure plays hard. Still hurting after the last night practice. It's hard to be her goto receiver I tell you.

MeatMan
03-09-18, 08:48
Celtics are on the way down, Bruins are on the way up but I've been getting into Renegades lately and in more ways than one too. Their back up quarterback she sure plays hard. Still hurting after the last night practice. It's hard to be her goto receiver I tell you.Since the All-star break, the Celtics have looked like a completely rejuvenated team.

They have put up point totals of 110,121, 109, and 134 and have won 4 straight games to boot. The math says that's an average point total of 118.5. If the Celtics continued that pace, and yes I know they won't, that would make them the #1 scoring team in the NBA. They're ascending at just the right time. If they continue this form at least for the month of March they are a real threat to take home the #1 seed and avoid a second-round pairing with Cleveland, which makes them that much more likely to make it to the Conference Finals. For the Bruins, they've been playing lights out hockey trampling over damn near the Eastern Conference!. I'll take a peek at the Renegades, because, I'm an ass man and I need a 'football fix' LOL!.

WillieFudPucke
03-09-18, 10:20
I need a 'football fix' LOL!.I understand the need for a fix but NFL is best and that is over for a while.

I can't watch hockey or hoops or soccer because I suck at those sports. BASEBALL however is my sport. I've played baseball and every derivative of it (soft, whiffle, stick, pimple, you name it) since I was a little twerp. Still do play softball, we start in April, Milton. I am team captain and league prez.

PM me if you know which end of the bat to hold, are local, and both willing and able to play on Sundays between 10 am and 2 pm April through end of October.

Thanks to all you members sharing tips, advice, etc.

WillieFudPucke
03-09-18, 10:25
soft, whiffle, stick, pimpleMaybe I should see a doctor?

Sorry for spamming the board. I could not resist re-reading my post.

MeatMan
03-09-18, 12:57
I understand the need for a fix but NFL is best and that is over for a while.

I can't watch hockey or hoops or soccer because I suck at those sports. BASEBALL, however, is my sport. I've played baseball and every derivative of it (soft, whiffle, stick, pimple, you name it) since I was a little twerp. Still do play softball, we start in April, Milton. I am team captain and league prez.

PM me if you know which end of the bat to hold, are local, and both willing and able to play on Sundays between 10 am and 2 pm April through the end of October.

Thanks to all you members sharing tips, advice, etc.I keep forgetting to watch a televised Red Sox game. They are decent in Spring Training and I'm just not following as closely. In any event, they play the Marlins this afternoon and it's on NESN, so I'll try to remember to tune in. Sporadically.

Nrlmus
03-09-18, 16:07
I'll take a peek at the Renegades, because, I'm an ass man and I need a 'football fix' LOL!.Watch them live and root as though you're at the Patriots game and they match up. Avoid linebackers unless you're want to find a woman who chances are would be able to kick your ass. If that's your thing then the icebreaker would be: "If they would've let you take Hightower's spot when he went down the Pats wouldn't have missed a beat".

Just make sure that your bones are in good shape before going that route.

MeatMan
03-09-18, 17:10
Watch them live and root as though you're at the Patriots game and they match up. Avoid linebackers unless you're want to find a woman who chances are would be able to kick your ass. If that's your thing then the icebreaker would be: "If they would've let you take Hightower's spot when he went down the Pats wouldn't have missed a beat".

Just make sure that your bones are in good shape before going that route.I happened to take a peek at one of their games on Youtube. I'll take a quote from the infamous Don Imus:

"Goddamn, those are some rough girls from the Renegades, they got tattoos, those some nappy head hoez".

If I were to ever stick my dick in them, I may just lose the damn thing!. Since we're on the subject of football, Richard Sherman has been released from the Seattle Seahawks. I'm not sure what his health status is, but if he is healthy why not ship him in?. The dude is smart and an upgrade over what we have now. Would rather keep Butler, but that ship has sailed and will be pretty expensive. I LOVE Butler and all but, knowing how the Patriots don't pay, I see him either in Detriot or San Francisco.

I On Da Street
03-09-18, 17:22
I keep forgetting to watch a televised Red Sox game. They are decent in Spring Training and I'm just not following as closely. In any event, they play the Marlins this afternoon and it's on NESN, so I'll try to remember to tune in. Sporadically.Maybe I'm an old soul but I prefer listening to the games on the radio. I still remember sneaking a transistor radio into school in 78 Bucky Fucking Dent.

Gives my general age away.

OlGary
03-09-18, 18:20
Kyrie Irving is a beast and Yankies don't suck! Please, discuss.

Nrlmus
03-09-18, 21:32
I happened to take a peek at one of their games on Youtube. I'll take a quote from the infamous Don Imus:

"Goddamn, those are some rough girls from the Renegades, they got tattoos, those some nappy head hoez".

If I were to ever stick my dick in them, I may just lose the damn thing!. Since we're on the subject of football, Richard Sherman has been released from the Seattle Seahawks. I'm not sure what his health status is, but if he is healthy why not ship him in?. The dude is smart and an upgrade over what we have now. Would rather keep Butler, but that ship has sailed and will be pretty expensive. I LOVE Butler and all but, knowing how the Patriots don't pay, I see him either in Detriot or San Francisco.Yea, unless there are some serious health issues I'd love to see Sherman in Pat's uniform! I bet Sherman wouldn't mind playing on the Tom Brady's team too. Smart guy and great player. I never quite understood what happened to Butler. Whether he was sick or not Pats really had nothing to lose, the D wasn't doing much anyway, Foles sure wasn't throwing much in the direction of Gilmore and Butler was still available. Let him play and then trade him or even release him if he presented such a big disciplinary problem. Belicheck sure can be a pigheaded fuck sometimes, all of his positives notwithstanding.

P.S. James Harrison still seem to be hanging around, eh? Good for him. I hope he makes the team next year too.

ScoobyDoo22
03-10-18, 10:01
Kyrie Irving is a beast and Yankies don't suck! Please, discuss.Kylie is a beast I can't wait to see him hit that other gear in the playoffs. Anybody else more comfortable trading jaylen brown and resigning Marcus smart this offseason. Yankees are good but so are the Sox Cora will do wonders for these young guys. Been watching this whole forum for a while now and my first post is about sports. I'm such a honk LOL.

MeatMan
03-10-18, 10:45
Yea, unless there are some serious health issues I'd love to see Sherman in Pat's uniform! I bet Sherman wouldn't mind playing on the Tom Brady's team too. Smart guy and a great player. I never quite understood what happened to Butler. Whether he was sick or not Pats really had nothing to lose, the D wasn't doing much anyway, Foles sure wasn't throwing much in the direction of Gilmore and Butler was still available. Let him play and then trade him or even release him if he presented such a big disciplinary problem. Belichick sure can be a pigheaded fuck sometimes, all of his positives notwithstanding.

P.S. James Harrison still seem to be hanging around, eh? Good for him. I hope he makes the team next year too.My thing is that the secondary has been a problem since Revis and Browner left. And just because they won the super bowl in 2016 does not mean that it wasn't a problem then either. Superbowl LI, they got beat like a drum by Matt Ryan and thank GOD the O-line went Blitzkrieg on the Falcons. The D-line is important, but that doesn't mean that the secondary can't be retooled. And the fact that Belichick already tried to get Talib earlier this week tells me that Bill is looking to improve the secondary too. The Eagles coaches were laughing at the fact that Rowe was playing so much (considering they knew his lack of ability). I can see D-Bo (Harrison) coming back to the Patriots. He damn sure showed his true grit and he's fierce. Patriots have a LOT of work to do with off-season signings. Bill "The hoodie". Isn't looking too good against his detractors. This whole offseason is messy!.

Maybe I'm an old soul but I prefer listening to the games on the radio. I still remember sneaking a transistor radio into school in 78 Bucky Fucking Dent.

Gives my general age away.I remember that day very well. It happened on my 11th birthday. Imagine how my whole day went.

Nrlmus
03-10-18, 14:42
I was actually surprised that he himself didn't request to go to Frisco. The guy achieved everything there is to achieve here. Getting a chance to lead his hometown team to the SB, especially considering that it's the former Montana's team would've given him that extra intensive that he just might lack now. I don't know about you guys but I felt that Tom was kind of on an autopilot all season despite again nearly winning the SB. I mean 5 SBs, 6 SBs, 7 SBs another SB: who cares. It's a law of diminishing returns unless you give yourself that extra angle that could reignite fire under your ass.

I was visiting friends in Georgia and naturally they're both Brady haters. Cheater, not fare, brakes rules, doesn't let anybody else win and all the other whining. So I was taunting them that they should again find something to accuse Tom with to get him angry. If they would be finding something to piss him off every year we, here in New England would be having Superbowl parties for years to come. LOL.

MeatMan
03-12-18, 11:38
I was just looking at Richard Sherman's deal with the 49 ers. I don't think it's that bad for him. The agents may spin it so that they are the needed party for players contract. Sherman is a smart dude and does his research. I doubt an agent could have done any better with a CB coming off not just one, but two Achilles tears. Remember this guy isn't even running yet in the process of rehab. He has no leverage other than his past. So the contract has to reflect the process of injury recovery for CB. The guaranteed money is split into every step of the recovery, from signing (3 mil), after TC (2 mil roster bonus), and playing incentives to reflect how well he has retained his talent after the injuries. And this is just for his first year of recovery. In 2019 and 2020, the guaranteed are high and fully, once the team accepted him for that year.

It's a fair deal for both sides. What he could have done for the Patriots is anyone's guess. I doubt the Patriots were willing to take a risk on a cornerback with not just a torn ACL but two. The Patriots usually start from the ground up with fresh new untapped talent that wants to prove themselves.

MeatMan
03-14-18, 12:33
Jeez,

Danny, Malcolm, Nate, and Dion. Gone. I want to add more, but this sucks. The Patriots seem to be stripping down and starting over. Anyone wish to interject?. Great comeback by the Bruins though so, that kind of eased my pain.

WillieFudPucke
03-19-18, 09:42
Jeez,
Anyone wish to interject?. Edelman is coming back. Gronk, Cooks, Hogan downfield.
Gillislee in the backfield. We'll see if Bolden steps up.
Clayborn is a maniac on the defensive edge.
Alan Branch is a push up the middle and Hightower + McCourty behind that.
And I haven't yet mentioned the GOATs (B&B).

Edit: We got Cordell Patterson to stretch the field. Speed!

MeatMan
04-02-18, 21:29
This game looks to be a mighty fine battle!. Anyone betting on it?. I do have my money on Michigan.

WillieFudPucke
04-03-18, 11:36
Anybody want some DK action on the 4-day Masters golf? I'll set up a private league.

If you've ever seen the course in person, you'll appreciate the the skill of the pros on tv. The camera shots on tv don't come close to appreciating the +/- elevation. It's subtle, strategic and is a reason why it's the only major that does not change venue.

MeatMan
05-23-18, 14:02
Any Celtics fans wish to chat about the incredible run they are on?. No Kyrie, Haward, Thies, or Larkin and they are STILL chuggin' along!.

Longjblues
05-23-18, 15:14
Celts find their offense, which they forgot to bring with them to Lebronland.

Defense kicks up a notch with help from home crowd. Lebron has no support tonight, other than Love 12 points, and Korvers 10 points.

Tatum, Brown & Horford remember how to finish on their flushes. No missed dunks tonight, even by Baynes.

Scary Terry is in the house. Morris and Smart get their swagger back.

Celts fans leave Gawden smiling!

Any Celtics fans wish to chat about the incredible run they are on?. No Kyrie, Haward, Thies, or Larkin and they are STILL chuggin' along!.

MeatMan
05-23-18, 15:50
Celts find their offense, which they forgot to bring with them to Lebronland.

Defense kicks up a notch with help from home crowd. Lebron has no support tonight, other than Love 12 points, and Korvers 10 points.

Tatum, Brown & Horford remember how to finish on their flushes. No missed dunks tonight, even by Baynes.

Scary Terry is in the house. Morris and Smart get their swagger back.

Celts fans leave Gawden smiling!The three missed dunks and three missed layups (there may have been more I missed) would've made it a much different game if they simply made those. I dunno maybe using TWO HANDS to jam it instead of one would ensure the ball goes through the goddamn hoop!?!?!. It also looked like a lot of jitters in that first quarter. They have to calm down and play their game. Two prime issues that should be addressed is T T. Rozzay being picked on by the Cavs offense. Limit switching when LeBron is trying to get Rozier off that switch. Also need to stick like glue to Korver on the perimeter. Keeping him and JR in check makes an impact on their offense.

Nrlmus
05-23-18, 19:16
Any Celtics fans wish to chat about the incredible run they are on?. No Kyrie, Haward, Thies, or Larkin and they are STILL chuggin' along!.Yea, it's unreal but it really isn't. Good coach is an amazing thing, especially when you're dealing with bunch of middle of the road young kids, especially with such a clear veteran leader as Al Horford is. They got Lebron, we got the team. BTW, the same thing is happening with Brazilian national soccer team. On the surface it seems nothing out of the ordinary, let's say compared to the star infused Argentines but an amazing coach turned in into tournament favorites. Or look at the NHL: a truly mediocre team is probably going to win Stanley cup only due to having the hottest goaltender in the game.

Be as it may, the Celts are awesome and way over their grade and they may even be able to go by the Cavs but the real final is taking place now in the West. Although. If Houston gets by GS but something (God forbid, right?) were to happen to Harden we sure would be on a much more level playing field, eh? IF GS wins we wouldn't stand a chance. Steph or no Steph, KD or not. It would take 2 of their stars to be out of the game for us to have a chance beating them. I hope I'm wrong though.

Longjblues
05-24-18, 07:52
Yes, golden state or rockets are better than celts, but celts play team defense very well. I will take my chances. Have to get to finals to win. If nothing else, it would be a learning experience for all of celts. If I had my option, I would opt for Houston. Easier to defend. Less ball movement.

Yea, it's unreal but it really isn't. Good coach is an amazing thing, especially when you're dealing with bunch of middle of the road young kids, especially with such a clear veteran leader as Al Horford is. They got Lebron, we got the team. BTW, the same thing is happening with Brazilian national soccer team. On the surface it seems nothing out of the ordinary, let's say compared to the star infused Argentines but an amazing coach turned in into tournament favorites. Or look at the NHL: a truly mediocre team is probably going to win Stanley cup only due to having the hottest goaltender in the game.

Be as it may, the Celts are awesome and way over their grade and they may even be able to go by the Cavs but the real final is taking place now in the West. Although. If Houston gets by GS but something (God forbid, right?) were to happen to Harden we sure would be on a much more level playing field, eh? IF GS wins we wouldn't stand a chance. Steph or no Steph, KD or not. It would take 2 of their stars to be out of the game for us to have a chance beating them. I hope I'm wrong though.

Sgiii
05-24-18, 09:27
Any idea where the Yankees usually stay when playing the Sox?

Nrlmus
05-24-18, 13:53
Yes, golden state or rockets are better than celts, but celts play team defense very well. I will take my chances. Have to get to finals to win. If nothing else, it would be a learning experience for all of celts. If I had my option, I would opt for Houston. Easier to defend. Less ball movement.Yea, I agree. Easier to intimidate too. It's hard to intimidate Draymond Green or Steph too for that matter.

MeatMan
06-02-18, 14:30
Yes, golden state or rockets are better than celts, but celts play team defense very well. I will take my chances. Have to get to finals to win. If nothing else, it would be a learning experience for all of celts. If I had my option, I would opt for Houston. Easier to defend. Less ball movement.Well said. The Celtics are young and obviously inexperienced. Jason Tatum, Jaylen Brown, should hit the gym to build that muscle (which I think they will). Once the band is fully back together, teams will have to be VERY wary of our transitions.

Longjblues
08-06-18, 08:01
Went to bed last night with sox losing to Yanks, 4-1. Learn today, Sox score 3 in 9th, 1 in tenth, to win 5-4, for sweep. Sweet.

MeatMan
08-07-18, 19:54
Went to bed last night with sox losing to Yanks, 4-1. Learn today, Sox score 3 in 9th, 1 in tenth, to win 5-4, for sweep. Sweet.The sweep of tbe Yankees showed me and many others what the Sox are made of. They aren't quitters, that's for damn sure. My concerns is that lethargic bullpen down the stretch. With the emergence of Eovaldi, does this make David Price to the pen in October a possibility? I think it's even more of a possibility if ERod comes back healthy and effective. You'd have Sale / Price / Porcello / Eovaldi / ERod / Pom for 4 spots. Having Price for multiple inning stints would be a pretty big weapon as shown last year.

Possibly Price or Pomi goes to the BP?. Who knows.

MeatMan
10-06-18, 14:16
The Yankees damn near got lasts nights win by the skin of their teeth. The Yankees also have been terrible with RISP all year and, it's not going to suddenly improve. As fucking usual, our bullpen is as unstable as taking a shower with a toaster oven!. Tonights game is a MUST win. If shaky David, doest pull his head out of his ass and we don't win, we are going to be in some deep deep doo doo!.

MeatMan
10-09-18, 11:13
Fuck it. I'll just talk to myself. Brockstar hits for the cycle, Eovaldi pitched his ASS off and the bats were merciless last night. Keep the pedal to the metal because, the Yankees are known to respond to lopsided loses. I have no idea what CC Sabathia's record in the post-season is but each time I've seen him pitch against the Sox, its always been shaky. By the way, how in the hell does Servino and Boone not know when yesterday's game starts?.

Jafo101
10-09-18, 11:37
fuck it. I'll just talk to myself. Brockstar hits for the cycle, eovaldi pitched his ass off and the bats were merciless last night. Keep the pedal to the metal because, the yankees are known to respond to lopsided loses. I have no idea what cc sabathia's record in the post-season is but each time i've seen him pitch against the sox, its always been shaky. By the way, how in the hell does servino and boone not know when yesterday's game starts?.holt makes history kick that yankee ass! Choke Choke is shaky when he faces the sox should be a good game

Sounds
10-09-18, 15:43
holt makes history kick that yankee ass! Choke Choke is shaky when he faces the sox should be a good gamePrice not pitching so Sox have a chance for sure. Porcello can be great or just OK. Hopefully he pitches like Eovaldi.

Jack A Dogov
10-10-18, 00:21
Fucking Kimbrel almost gave me a heart attack in the ninth but luckily the end result was good.

Banjomania
10-10-18, 07:55
Fucking Kimbrel almost gave me a heart attack in the ninth but luckily the end result was good.Doesn't his name sound like some sort of moderately priced massage girl? He needs to shave that beard though if he wants any business.

MeatMan
10-10-18, 11:41
Fucking Kimbrel almost gave me a heart attack in the ninth but luckily the end result was good.I was at Game On at Fenway Pahk CLENCHING my hands together, trying to squeeze air to death, pacing back and forth, stretching up and down, basically doing squats, and screaming at every strike and ball and hit and run with loudness. The people at the bar were far much worse than I was. People were screaming fuck, motherfucker, SOB's, fucking Kimbrell and all sorts of colorful language. It was thrilling, to say the least. I kinda wished they'd kept Sale for the 9th because Kimbrell scares the living shit out of me in critical moments and he damned near gave it up again. Could have been worse, It could have Price's shaky ass the closer.

I can hear Jim Murray's (He's on the 98.5 The Sports Hub from 2-7 PM) Price's impersonation now. LOL. Posted a Youtube link as an example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb4N0uOgC5Y

MeatMan
10-15-18, 09:45
Anybody's thumb sore from channel switching?. Great games last night. Respect to the Chiefs for bringing their game. Mahomes looks like the real deal and if we see him again in the AFC Championship, he will be a PITA!. How and why does the Pats D keep leaving receivers open?. Can anyone answer that?. Out D has GOT to get their act together. As for the Sox, Price?, well, we got the win and that's what counts. Kimbrell, has GOT to get his cards in order, hes been giving up runs in critical moments and that's going to be a big concern heading to Houston if were leading. Hell of a night, guys!.

Samuel05
10-15-18, 10:52
Anybody's thumb sore from channel switching?. Great games last night. Respect to the Chiefs for bringing their game. Mahomes looks like the real deal and if we see him again in the AFC Championship, he will be a PITA!. How and why does the Pats D keep leaving receivers open?. Can anyone answer that?. Out D has GOT to get their act together. As for the Sox, Price?, well, we got the win and that's what counts. Kimbrell, has GOT to get his cards in order, hes been giving up runs in critical moments and that's going to be a big concern heading to Houston if were leading. Hell of a night, guys!.Glad the other went to bed early. Didn't have to listen to her dribble. Kimbrel was throwing strikes and the ICD / Defib was ready to give a kick start. Who was covering Hill? Maybe Donta should have knocked him around. But who's complaining? Only the boss because nobody's doing work.

Sounds
10-15-18, 10:53
The channel switching did suck.

Really was a must win for Pats. They need to keep pace with the other teams and now have the tie breaker over the Chiefs. Hopefully they will get homefield in the playoffs if KC can lose at least a couple more. Pats do seem to get better as year goes on, so hopefully that trend will continue.

Yeah Kimbrell has kind of sucked lately. No clean 9th in the playoffs. If it was a one run game, would have been in trouble.

Rest of Bullpen did surprisingly well. Still have a shot at getting to the series if they continue pitching great and Kimbrell gets back to form.

Astros and KC are good, no denying that.

Will take the wins!

MeatMan
10-15-18, 14:30
The channel switching did suck.

Really was a must win for Pats. They need to keep pace with the other teams and now have the tie breaker over the Chiefs. Hopefully they will get homefield in the playoffs if KC can lose at least a couple more. Pats do seem to get better as year goes on, so hopefully that trend will continue.

Yeah Kimbrell has kind of sucked lately. No clean 9th in the playoffs. If it was a one run game, would have been in trouble.

Rest of Bullpen did surprisingly well. Still have a shot at getting to the series if they continue pitching great and Kimbrell gets back to form.

Astros and KC are good, no denying that.

Will take the wins!The Sox are in for a HUGE test in Houston. The three games will test their will in how they'll do. They have GOT to play sharp and get early leads. AND KEEP THEM FOR FUCKS SAKES! Porcello has been great coming from the bullpen so far. (I think he's the game 4 starting pitcher). Kimbrell makes me fucking nervous in the 9th when we have a lead. He hasn't been the pitcher we've seen in the regular season. Tall task coming tomorrow so, lets see.

The Pats defense is quirky. Chiefs defense isn't a 5 star hotel either. Come the middle of November-December, they have to tighten those screws because, lets just say suppose we meet The Rams or Vikings in the Superbowl, how will the D respond?. Quite simply, its not good and good in New England doesn't cut it. James White is hella good though!.

ArchersTarget
10-15-18, 19:33
The Sox are in for a HUGE test in Houston. The three games will test their will in how they'll do. They have GOT to play sharp and get early leads. AND KEEP THEM FOR FUCKS SAKES! Porcello has been great coming from the bullpen so far. (I think he's the game 4 starting pitcher). Kimbrell makes me fucking nervous in the 9th when we have a lead. He hasn't been the pitcher we've seen in the regular season. Tall task coming tomorrow so, lets see.

The Pats defense is quirky. Chiefs defense isn't a 5 star hotel either. Come the middle of November-December, they have to tighten those screws because, lets just say suppose we meet The Rams or Vikings in the Superbowl, how will the D respond?. Quite simply, its not good and good in New England doesn't cut it. James White is hella good though!.I'm feeling good about the Sox in Houston. JD hasn't hit yet and I think he will go on a tear so hopefully our hitters will help our pitchers. I'm not that upbeat with the Pats as they have no Defense. They will go far but not far enough although I've said that before about them and they won the Superbowl so hopefully they prove me wrong again.

Sounds
10-16-18, 08:36
At least the Celtics opener and Red Sox are not on at the same time (unless the sox game goes extra long).

Hopefully Bregman's video posting of Eovaldi giving up homers to Houston will bite the Astros in the ass. Be great if it fires up Eovaldi to pitch the game of his life and shut them down.

Little Tony II
10-16-18, 09:46
Have we had a day that the SOX, Celtics, Pats, & Bruins have all played the same day?

Longjblues
10-16-18, 12:24
Look around the NFL. There are no teams without serious flaws and deficiencies, Pats included. However, Brady and Belichick increase the Pats chances against other clubs. The Pats had NO penalties on Sunday. The Belichick Pats are prepared, and generally improve as the season progresses. All coaches, no matter the sport, would love to have their teams improve as the season progresses, but few do.

The Sox are incredibly resilient. The Celts are incredibly deep and talented.

Enjoy the ride.

I'm feeling good about the Sox in Houston. JD hasn't hit yet and I think he will go on a tear so hopefully our hitters will help our pitchers. I'm not that upbeat with the Pats as they have no Defense. They will go far but not far enough although I've said that before about them and they won the Superbowl so hopefully they prove me wrong again.

MeatMan
10-16-18, 15:38
At least the Celtics opener and Red Sox are not on at the same time (unless the sox game goes extra long).

Hopefully Bregman's video posting of Eovaldi giving up homers to Houston will bite the Astros in the ass. Be great if it fires up Eovaldi to pitch the game of his life and shut them down.Ahh!. Ya stole my thunder!. Anyway, When Eovaldi gave up those runs, he was with the Rays. He was also not so good, added the guy has had had two Tommy Johns. He made 10 appearances (all starts) with a 4.26 ERA and 34 record, while recording 53 strikeouts and eight walks in 57 innings pitched.

Bregman's video is going to bite him in the ass when Nathan takes that mound. Kinda like when the Yankees were calling us out in the division series. Be careful what you wish for, ya may just get it!.

MeatMan
10-17-18, 10:47
Alex Bregmans is now eating humble pie. Bregman's video bit him in the ass when Nathan took that mound. Kinda like when the Yankees were calling us out in the division series. Be careful what you wish for, ya may just get it!. Eovaldi did his job ON The field and JBJ hit a grannie!. Pierce hit a major key HR as well to put them back in the lead. Great game!. Tonight is a HUGE game for Porcello. If we take this game tonight, The Astros will be, crapping thier pants. Lets go, Sox!

Side note,

The Celtics. Great to see Gordon back on the parquet. Tatum is the future and Jalen is a fucking pitbull!. Homie ain't* scared of nuthin' Damn, I LOVE being a Boston fan!. LOL!

Sounds
10-17-18, 10:57
Home runs in the present much better than home runs in that past that don't matter.

Sounds
10-17-18, 15:21
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/25001681/mlb-investigating-houston-astros-photographer-alcs-vs-boston-red-sox

Not surprised. All teams do whatever they can to get an advantage. NFL just jealous of the Pats and blew their situation out of proportion.

Sounds
10-18-18, 08:52
Kimbrel needs to get his shit together. Got bailed out by Benny. Been lucky so far. Good thing JBJ is on fire!

MeatMan
10-18-18, 09:18
Jesus FUCKING Christ!. Kimbrell is a shaky fuck, that Benentendi catch made me piss my pants and, the so-called controversial catch by Mookie were the heart-stopping moments in the game.

About Mookie?, Man o man talk about balls of iron. He's a Gold Glover in a premium position with 30+ home run power, 30 ish steal speed, great on-base capability, smokes the ball and makes it look easy. Tremendous athlete, seemingly an all-around great guy, marketable, and can handle playing in Boston. I am confident in saying he's one of the top five players in the game. Easily the best position player we had in years and a perennial MVP candidate.

If you can talk him out of free agency, you do it immediately. No? Imagine him sliding between Judge and Stanton as the Yankees next CF. Ellsbury or Damon he is not.

JBJ has been lights out this postseason. He is Fist-Fucking the Astro-Gliders..LOL!. What I don't hear now are all the JBJ haters wanting him out of Boston. They can eat crow sauteed with hollandaise!.

MeatMan
10-18-18, 09:23
Kimbrel needs to get his shit together. Got bailed out by Benny. Been lucky so far. Good thing JBJ is on fire!Hell!, Braiser, Kelly and fuckin' Barnes have been WAY better than him in the clutch!. How many goddamn times is he going to load the damn bases in the 9th? IMHO Kimbrel right now is falling into the same category as Price.

Sounds
10-19-18, 00:11
David Price and Justin Verlander switch bodies as Boston defeats Houston in ALCS!

MeatMan
10-19-18, 10:18
If you would've told me David Price was going to pitch a gem and it will take the Sox to the World Series, I would take you to the nearest hospital for a psych test. If you would've told me JBJ would be the ALCS MVP, I would be highly skeptical based on his regular-season performance. If you would've told me Kimbrell would pitch a solid inning last night, I would do a facepalm. The fact that these three individuals are off to the World Series is some unprecedented stuff!. Overall, Alex Cora keeping the ship afloat with a patchwork bullpen, 1st year as the Sox manager, got them back in the World Series on his birthday. Finally the price is right for once. Maybe the Sox should pitch him on 3 days rest more often. Jbj wins MVP honors! He damn near put the team on his back in the ALCS. .

Devers homer in the 6th was awesome!. Man, to be a young 21-year-old kid, now a young stud just shows his resolve. I left Champions Bar feeling good about our next opponent. Whether its the Dodgers or the Brewers, they are about to run into a fucking freight train!. Oh, as of right now, Bregman is eating a heaping slice of humble pie. It IS an acquired taste. LOL!!

LETS GO SOX!!!.

MeatMan
10-23-18, 10:58
Drew Pomeranz is on the goddamn roster!?!?!....Jesus fucking Harlem-Shuffling Christ.....

Sounds
10-23-18, 12:03
Oh, as of right now, Bregman is eating a heaping slice of humble pie. It IS an acquired taste. LOL!!

LETS GO SOX!!!.Eovaldi striking him out in the last game was awesome!

MeatMan
10-24-18, 15:08
Nunez three run dinger to the monstah off Alex Woods opened the flood gate!. Manager Roberts knew well not to have Baez pitch to Nunez(Baez was throwing bullets none the less). Either way, it didn't work out well for the Dodgers. On to game 2!

MeatMan
10-27-18, 19:02
Hat's off to all the Red Sox and Dodgers for this marathon game. It was worth staying up to 3:30 EST for this matchup. Nate Eovaldi pitched a masterful performance and to Nunie for putting it all out there.  I'll say this though, If the Sox don't win tonight, this WS may end up being a dogfight!.

MeatMan
10-28-18, 01:26
Some observations. E. Rod giving up that 3-run homer really hurt in the 6th. I was pissed. Steve Pearce and Mitch Moreland. Holy hell did he have a a night or what?. Steve Pearce was on fucking fire! Chris sale firing up the Red Sox dugout. They needed that so much. I love you Chris Sale! Ortiz did that in 2013 in game five when the Sox bats were dead. Chris sale did it this year. One more!.

Fuck, at least I didn't have to stay up till 4 am again LOL. GO SOX!.

P.S. Mookie and J. D. 's bats are ice fucking cold this whole World Series. They NEED to snap out of it!. Lets fucking go!

Longjblues
10-28-18, 09:54
Fantastic game. Dodgers thought they had game once they had their 4 run lead. Red Sox resilient and and relentless under Cora. Very happy for Pearce. He was a little emotional about his performance speaking on tv after game. Moreland's homerun was a thing of beauty as well.

Are they going to win their 3rd playoff series this year in their opponents’ home field? Red Sox have been tough team.

Some observations. E. Rod giving up that 3-run homer really hurt in the 6th. I was pissed. Steve Pearce and Mitch Moreland. Holy hell did he have a a night or what?. Steve Pearce was on fucking fire! Chris sale firing up the Red Sox dugout. They needed that so much. I love you Chris Sale! Ortiz did that in 2013 in game five when the Sox bats were dead. Chris sale did it this year. One more!.

P.S. Mookie and J. D. 's bats are ice fucking cold this whole World Series. They NEED to snap out of it!. Lets fucking go!

Sounds
10-28-18, 16:14

P.S. Mookie and J. D. 's bats are ice fucking cold this whole World Series. They NEED to snap out of it!. Lets fucking go!Yeah, Mookie sure does not look like the player he was in the season batting. JD has been better them him, but not great.

Best moves of the season were picking up Eovoldi and Pearce. Not sure how they would have fared this post season without them.

Before the 3 run Puig HR thought Belenger should have been called for interference and been out. Was running in fair ground. At least that blown call didn't end up costing the Sox a win.

Jack A Dogov
10-29-18, 01:54
World Series Champions! YES!

Samuel05
10-29-18, 14:37
What a series. What a team. What a time to be a fan.

Pats tonight. Might be seeing Pats and Rams in Super Bowl. No revenge just domination.

Nrlmus
10-29-18, 14:43
What a series. What a team. What a time to be a fan.

Pats tonight. Might be seeing Pats and Rams in Super Bowl. No revenge just domination.Celtics sure have a chance too. If Bruins pick up, imagine if we were to get a Grand Slam? Do you think the rest of the country hates us now? LOL.

MeatMan
10-30-18, 01:02
Guess that 17-1 start was no fluke after all. Best team from April to October. Who'd of thought our pitching would man up the way it did? Have to admit I didn't, but hats off to all of them especially Eovaldi, Price and surprisingly for me, Joe fuckin' Kelly!. I honestly thought that Joe was done back in September, boy was I wrong. Also, credit to Cora and Dombrowski for seeing something in Pearce and Eovaldi that I didn't. Those were the trades that likely won it for us.  I was down by Copley Sq and after the game, there crowds were behaved.

WE ARE A SPOILED CHAMPIONSHIP FUCKIN' CITY!..LOL!

Sounds
10-30-18, 10:13
Guess that 17-1 start was no fluke after all. Best team from April to October. Who'd of thought our pitching would man up the way it did? Have to admit I didn't, but hats off to all of them especially Eovaldi, Price and surprisingly for me, Joe fuckin' Kelly!. I honestly thought that Joe was done back in September, boy was I wrong. Also, credit to Cora and Dombrowski for seeing something in Pearce and Eovaldi that I didn't. Those were the trades that likely won it for us.  I was down by Copley Sq and after the game, there crowds were behaved.

WE ARE A SPOILED CHAMPIONSHIP FUCKIN' CITY!..LOL!Agree about Kelly. End of season he was awful. In the Series he was awesome! Did step up for sure. Hope he continues that way.

Sounds
10-30-18, 10:14
Celtics sure have a chance too. If Bruins pick up, imagine if we were to get a Grand Slam? Do you think the rest of the country hates us now? LOL.Way Golden State has been playing lately, don't think anyone has a chance against them.

But a Grand Slam sure would be nice!

Nrlmus
10-30-18, 14:57
Way Golden State has been playing lately, don't think anyone has a chance against them.

But a Grand Slam sure would be nice!Oops, sorry, I forgot the Revolution. Why do I always seem to forget them? LOL.

Ok so it's the Pats, the Sox, the Celts, the Bruins and the Revs too! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGLGzRXY5Bw

Sounds
10-30-18, 18:09
Oops, sorry, I forgot the Revolution. Why do I always seem to forget them? LOL.

Sometimes I forget that soccer is even a sport.

Sounds
12-06-18, 20:55
First Pearce and now Eovaldi.

Repeat coming our way!

Nrlmus
12-07-18, 02:45
Sometimes I forget that soccer is even a sport.Dude, soccer is the only sport. The rest are nothing but regional games.

MeatMan
12-07-18, 03:05
First Pearce and now Eovaldi.

Repeat coming our way!There are some naysayers that think Eovaldi is not worth the pricetag. 4 YRS $68 M. Considering the man had two surgeries and other issues, it is an eye opener.

Sounds
12-07-18, 10:23
There are some naysayers that think Eovaldi is not worth the pricetag. 4 YRS $68 M. Considering the man had two surgeries and other issues, it is an eye opener.Good point. But always going to be naysayers. Looking forward to them being proven wrong.

MeatMan
12-08-18, 19:03
The last few weeks for our beloved Patriots are approaching for the playoffs, fellas!. With tomorrows "Hat and T-Shirt" game, this could be a tough task.

Spread: Patriots -7. 5.

Over / Under: 47.

It can be a tough task as most of us know how difficult it can be down in Miami at this time of the season. I'd say the Pats over the Dolphins by one TD or 10 PTS. Also, as a note, do you guys think with tonights Celtics game against the Bulls will mark the Celtics turnaround?. I'd say no. It'll be a good win but, there is MUCH more to improve on. Not much of a hockey fan but, my god. If the Bruins are lost against the freaking Florida Panthers 5-0, they need a serious reality check. I even heard the word from Bruins fans 'Tank'.

MeatMan
12-09-18, 17:54
A fucking lateral.......I'm PISSED right now

Joe Parkers
12-09-18, 20:08
A fucking lateral.......I'm PISSED right nowThis one is on Brady and Gostkowski. How the HELL you miss 2 crucials FIELD GOALs and you knew in your GUTS that would come back to hunt you and it F**cking DID.

Nrlmus
12-10-18, 00:55
This one is on Brady and Gostkowski. How the HELL you miss 2 crucials FIELD GOALs and you knew in your GUTS that would come back to hunt you and it F**cking DID.And don't forget the missed extra point too. Shit the whole touchdown worth of points just went and left on the field. The lateral play was a fluke but it should've never come to that.

There is something about Brady's face that I don't like this season. I can get rid of the feeling that he's bored.

MeatMan
12-10-18, 03:00
This one is on Brady and Gostkowski. How the HELL you miss 2 crucial FIELD GOALs and you knew in your GUTS that would come back to hunt you and it F**cking DID.They sure as fuck didn't make any effort attempting to go for a TD late in the 4th quarter which irked my fucking nerves!. Missed field goals and mental mistakes in the 2nd quarter only told me that this was going to be a long drawn out game.

Sounds
12-10-18, 10:42
They sure as fuck didn't make any effort attempting to go for a TD late in the 4th quarter which irked my fucking nerves!. Missed field goals and mental mistakes in the 2nd quarter only told me that this was going to be a long drawn out game.Hindsight is 20-20. But felt they should have gone for the TD instead of the final field goal. Even if they didn't get it Miami would be on the 1.

Though the way the game played out, probably would not have mattered and they still would have lost.

At least they did not lose ground to Houston since they also lost. Was a long shot to catch the Chiefs in the standings to begin with, but think it is impossible now.

MajorMudd
12-10-18, 10:42
It's the sort of loss that might motivate them for the rest of the season. Let's see if they annihilate the Steelers next week. I haven't had very high expectations for them this season but this might turn things around.

Skatar018
12-10-18, 18:07
Let down, Sorry Joe I don't agree that it was just Brady or Gostkowski, that was the whole team, players, coaches, staff you name it, team had both mental & physical breakdowns through out the entire game.

Hind sight is 20 20, but I got to say get back to friggin basics, don't put Gronk a offensive player in on defence because you run some situational plays during practice.

Let the defence do their job & the offence do theirs.

If I'm Kraft I'm asking Bill, WTF guy really 7 seconds left & you can't stop them from a 69 yard score.

That was the worst let down from the Pats that I've seen my entire life!, & that's including the first loss to the NYG super bowl that ended our almost perfect season!

BTW Joe Scarlet profile on STG is gone.

This one is on Brady and Gostkowski. How the HELL you miss 2 crucials FIELD GOALs and you knew in your GUTS that would come back to hunt you and it F**cking DID.

MeatMan
12-16-18, 14:16
I'm sure most of us Pats fans have gotten over the loss against the Dolphins. It stung but, this has passed. As for the rest of the AFC division, the Chargers beat the Chiefs last Thursday, tying the AFC West and damaging the Chiefs chances of getting a 1st round bye and sole possession of home field(They also have an upcoming game against the Seahawks. Chiefs will blow it!...LOL). Also, dare I say, the Browns are in the playoff hunt?. Wow!. That win over the Broncos was huge for that suffering franchise.

This weeks game against the Steelers is HUGE for the Patriots and, they can NOT screw this up. I saw that they are favored to win, but I got this game going down to the wire. Possible final score.

Patriots 28

Steelers 25

My hands are going to be sweaty as this game is in Pittsburgh and the stakes are pretty high.

Sounds
12-16-18, 14:58
I'm sure most of us Pats fans have gotten over the loss against the Dolphins. It stung but, this has passed. As for the rest of the AFC division, the Chargers beat the Chiefs last Thursday, tying the AFC West and damaging the Chiefs chances of getting a 1st round bye and sole possession of home field(They also have an upcoming game against the Seahawks. Chiefs will blow it!...LOL). Also, dare I say, the Browns are in the playoff hunt?. Wow!. That win over the Broncos was huge for that suffering franchise.

This weeks game against the Steelers is HUGE for the Patriots and, they can NOT screw this up. I saw that they are favored to win, but I got this game going down to the wire. Possible final score.

Patriots 28

Steelers 25

My hands are going to be sweaty as this game is in Pittsburgh and the stakes are pretty high.Chiefs always manage to blow it at the end. I bet LA (wow weird to write that and not SD) takes the division.

Pats should win. Steelers seem to find a way to lose against the Pats. Surprises me that Tomlin still has a job with the Steelers.

Think he is a horrendous coach and does not have control of his team.

MeatMan
12-16-18, 16:18
Steelers seem to find a way to lose against the Pats. Surprises me that Tomlin still has a job with the Steelers.

Think he is a horrendous coach and does not have control of his team.The Rooneys NEVER fire their coaches, Never. Since the Rooney Rule was established, several NFL franchises have hired African-American head coaches, including the Steelers themselves, who hired Mike Tomlin before their 2007 season. He may just blow it once again against the Pats. If he does, imagine this scenario......

The Pittsburgh Steelers have fired Mike Tomlin making it their 1st time ever firing a head coach. That would send shockwaves across the NFL, hell sports in general!.

MeatMan
12-16-18, 20:32
Penalties Penalties Penalties Penalties Penalties

Sounds
12-16-18, 20:39

Penalties Penalties Penalties Penalties PenaltiesYup!

And Brady sucked throwing the ball that last scoring opportunity. All his throws were too high. No chance to be caught.

MeatMan
12-16-18, 20:52
Yup!

And Brady sucked throwing the ball that last scoring opportunity. All his throws were too high. No chance to be caught. Brady is throwing the goddamn so high as if Gronk has rubber arms!. WHY the fuck were they getting penalties at the most crucial moments! Ya know Sounds, I'm not going to get mad anymore, you know what it is?, we've been riding the 1st round bye high horse for nearly 20 years and the Patriots are looking for a challenge. Right now we are 3rd seeded. Overall, this game was bullshit. I haven't seen these many penalties from the Patriots in a while. Time to face some adversity!.

MeatMan
12-21-18, 17:47
I meant to bring this up a couple of days ago when it was breaking news, while I'm here thinking about Josh Gordon.

Mental illness and drug addiction is nothing different from cancer or diabetes in that it's an illness, and it can be fatal. Calling someone a nut-job or a fruitcake is nothing short of cruel and ignorant. Now in a professional environment, a person faces scrutiny for his mental health issues while someone else receives the utmost compassion for his physical illness or injury. Gordon is suffering and I wish him all the support in the world. On a football note, It's likely He's out for the rest of his career.

This severely hurts the Patriots chances of returning to the Superbowl. This is really adversity at its finest and our chances are in serious jeopardy.

Boston99
12-21-18, 18:56
I meant to bring this up a couple of days ago when it was breaking news, while I'm here thinking about Josh Gordon.

Mental illness and drug addiction is nothing different from cancer or diabetes in that it's an illness, and it can be fatal. Calling someone a nut-job or a fruitcake is nothing short of cruel and ignorant. Now in a professional environment, a person faces scrutiny for his mental health issues while someone else receives the utmost compassion for his physical illness or injury. Gordon is suffering and I wish him all the support in the world. On a football note, It's likely He's out for the rest of his career.

This severely hurts the Patriots chances of returning to the Superbowl. This is really adversity at its finest and our chances are in serious jeopardy.Most mental illness is not easily seen and looked on as weak nothing could be further from reality would wish it on anyone.

Nrlmus
12-22-18, 00:29

This severely hurts the Patriots chances of returning to the Superbowl. This is really adversity at its finest and our chances are in serious jeopardy.I sure second you about Gordon Meat. Poor guy. A good guy too. It's written all over his face and the way his teammates seem to relate to him too. All the best to him. So much promise. What a shame.

I'd like to play a contrarian again to your other point though. Something tells me that this type of adversity and the fact that all the talking heads on TV now give Patriots no chance to get out of AFC just might reignite fire under Tommy's butt. You know, he's being put down again, he's being underestimated again, "I was 7th round draft pick, and after 5 Superbowls they still think I'm not good enough"-thing that he lives for.
I also have suspicions that they've been holding Gronk back somewhat, saving his best for the times that matter.
Let's also pray for Dorsett to finally show his metal. Who knows. Wasn't he the first rounder when he was first picked? He shows some true flushes of brilliance sometimes, albeit not often enough.

My bet this year is on Rivers finally getting his ring. Unless of course Tommy and the gang get in the way again.

Skatar018
12-22-18, 08:01
I am not so concerned about our offence so much as I am about our defence.

I am a ardent believer that defence wins championships.

Least we forget we won our first three SuperBowls largely on the back of our defence.

We also lost three against teams with a better defence.

Against Atlanta that was a whole team effort on both defence & offence, but to me more so on the defence.

Last year was a tough one as the game was a seesaw battle going back & forth, 2:53 left to play & we get the ball back Philly is 38 we're 33 & I figured Brady to go down & score & win the game, but Philly made one more defensive play than we did & stripped Brady of the ball, game over.

There's been no consistency on defence & guess you could say the same about the team as a whole.

As much as it pains me to say it I don't see us going far should we make it to the playoffs (hope I'm wrong), I think we'll be one & done.

We've been spoiled with this Pats team during the greatest run ever in the NFL, but as there was a beginning there will be an end, not saying it's here now but we're getting close.

Let the naysayers have their time as they will finally get it right at some point after years & years & years of getting it so very wrong.

Me I'm just glad that I got to see the greatest football team ever to have played in my life time!

MeatMan
12-22-18, 18:36
I am not so concerned about our offence so much as I am about our defence.

I am a ardent believer that defence wins championships.

Least we forget we won our first three SuperBowls largely on the back of our defence.

We also lost three against teams with a better defence.

Against Atlanta that was a whole team effort on both defence & offence, but to me more so on the defence.

Last year was a tough one as the game was a seesaw battle going back & forth, 2:53 left to play & we get the ball back Philly is 38 we're 33 & I figured Brady to go down & score & win the game, but Philly made one more defensive play than we did & stripped Brady of the ball, game over.

There's been no consistency on defence & guess you could say the same about the team as a whole.

As much as it pains me to say it I don't see us going far should we make it to the playoffs (hope I'm wrong), I think we'll be one & done.

We've been spoiled with this Pats team during the greatest run ever in the NFL, but as there was a beginning there will be an end, not saying it's here now but we're getting close.

Let the naysayers have their time as they will finally get it right at some point after years & years & years of getting it so very wrong.

Me I'm just glad that I got to see the greatest football team ever to have played in my life time!The dynasty isn't over until the Patriots have an actual bad season. Similar stories about Belichick losing control spawned way back in 2003. The media has been hyping up stories like this almost every single offseason and people fall for it every time. I'll believe it when the Patriots actually post a subpar record and show incompetence for longer than a 4 game stretch. I and many others aren't ready for the Patriots to ride off into the sunset!

MeatMan
12-23-18, 17:33
Decent win for the Pats and a big loss for the Texans means we can solidify the 2nd round bye. Not going to rest as the Patriots have a huge gap to fill for the O-line. I and many Pats fans are happy with the division but, its Superbowl, or nothing at all!.

Skatar018
12-23-18, 21:57
Game to win before the Pats take the second seed, I hope you're right, there is also a remote possibility of being the number one seed if KC loses their last two games (not likely) & LAC loses their last game, home field would be great during the playoffs! BTW Ravens D damn good & Tomlin blew another one for the Steelers!

Decent win for the Pats and a big loss for the Texans means we can solidify the 2nd round bye

Sounds
12-24-18, 00:42
Decent win for the Pats and a big loss for the Texans means we can solidify the 2nd round bye. Not going to rest as the Patriots have a huge gap to fill for the O-line. I and many Pats fans are happy with the division but, its Superbowl, or nothing at all!.Glad for the win and the potential bye. But I think something is up with Brady. He didn't look real sharp and they ran the ball a lot. Also put in Hoyer. They never seem to do that. That is what really makes me think something is going on with him.

MeatMan
01-05-19, 20:41
Houston sucks. Clock management was laughable and NO ONE on that team knows how to play in critical moments. O'Brien should KNOW better. Oh well, not my team.

Sounds
01-06-19, 00:16
Houston sucks. Clock management was laughable and NO ONE on that team knows how to play in critical moments. O'Brien should KNOW better. Oh well, not my team.Had to work and couldn't catch the game. Guess we are stuck with Charger or Ravens. Either will be a challenge. Probably better off getting the Chargers than Ravens. Pats suck against mobile quaterbacks.

MeatMan
01-06-19, 17:33
Had to work and couldn't catch the game. Guess we are stuck with Charger or Ravens. Either will be a challenge. Probably better off getting the Chargers than Ravens. Pats suck against mobile quaterbacks.Looks like you got your wish. Ravens played with NO urgency at all. Thier offensive line was laughable and so many dropped passes. I expected better from them.

MeatMan
01-06-19, 20:51
Talk about icing the kicker. He had one job. Fuck.

Skatar018
01-13-19, 15:56
Did I say I had a concern about our defence, not today, half time & we're up by 28, Holy sheep dip!

I am not so concerned about our offence so much as I am about our defenceThere may come a day when we lose heart but it is not this day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApUu1DA5HCs.

Skatar018
01-13-19, 17:14
KC KC what ya going to do what ya do when we come for you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on9TXY8kYyk.

MeatMan
01-13-19, 17:28
Once again, the lights are out on the Chargers. Rivers can't win the big one when it counts. Big task ahead for next week against the Chiefs. Lets see how Mahomes does in pressure situations against a veteran team!

Sounds
01-13-19, 21:22
Once again, the lights are out on the Chargers. Rivers can't win the big one when it counts. Big task ahead for next week against the Chiefs. Lets see how Mahomes does in pressure situations against a veteran team!Chargers were done at the start of the second half. You are down a ton, and you take your sweet time running plays with the clock running. Give yourself a chance and hurry up the snap.

Damn Miami game bites us in the ass. If it wasn't for that last play, game would be in Foxboro next week.

Definite challenge playing KC. Then again I though the Chargers would be more of a challenge than they were. Pats have sucked on the road, but think they will step up next week. Belichick will have some wrinkles that no one has seen before. Hopefully be enough.

Sounds
01-15-19, 14:06
Was un-easy about the AFC Champioinship game in KC.

With the weather report coming out that it is going to be like 10 degrees, feel confident. Brady is great in cold weather.

We shall see how KC and Mahomes do. Hopefully they do not handle it well.

Nrlmus
01-15-19, 15:48
Was un-easy about the AFC Champioinship game in KC.

With the weather report coming out that it is going to be like 10 degrees, feel confident. Brady is great in cold weather.

We shall see how KC and Mahomes do. Hopefully they do not handle it well.Actually I think Chargers' coach made a major error when he took his team back to LA following Baltimore game. Not to take anything away from the Pats but I'm sure it was a factor coming here from sunny LA, in addition to jet lag back-and-forth. Talking about shock to the system. I've no doubt it played some part in the way LA came out in the first half (re: lethargic). Chargers are not Jets. It's a much higher caliber team. 21-7 Pats at the half I'd understand, but 30-something or other?

I think they should've stayed in Baltimore and used Raven's facilities for a week. It's ok about families-and-children and all that, they could've waited another week. I'm sure Ravens players could've hooked them up with family-substitutes, if anybody needed any. I remember LT talked about similar type of thing happening back in the day. It was for a different purpose but still.

MeatMan
01-15-19, 17:17
Was un-easy about the AFC Championship game in KC.

We shall see how KC and Mahomes do. Hopefully, they do not handle it well.I'm not so concerned. Do you recall the AFC divisional game against the Titans? That game was called "The Ice Bowl" it was -5 degrees. Sure, most of the players of old are gone now, but I would think our staff, as well as the opposing team, is equipped to handle cold climate games, minus Mahomes. He's young, inexperienced and when the lights are too bright, he tends to falter. Let's just see how this plays out come Sunday.

Actually I think Chargers' coach made a major error when he took his team back to LA following Baltimore game. Not to take anything away from the Pats but I'm sure it was a factor coming here from sunny LA, in addition to jet lag back-and-forth. Talking about shock to the system. I've no doubt it played some part in the way LA came out in the first half (re: lethargic). Chargers are not Jets. It's a much higher caliber team. 21-7 Pats at the half I'd understand, but 30-something or other?

I think they should've stayed in Baltimore and used Raven's facilities for a week. It's ok about families-and-children and all that, they could've waited another week. I'm sure Ravens players could've hooked them up with family-substitutes, if anybody needed any. I remember LT talked about similar type of thing happening back in the day. It was for a different purpose but still.

I couldn't agree more. It would've been smarter for them to stay East to get acclimated to the weather. Flying back West then flying again back East to the cold was a bad idea. Should've stayed, but noooo. Too bad!...LOL!.

Nrlmus
01-16-19, 00:36
I couldn't agree more. It would've been smarter for them to stay East to get acclimated to the weather. Flying back West then flying again back East to the cold was a bad idea. Should've stayed, but noooo. Too bad!...LOL!.I think Brady and Brees are going to have one thing in common next Sunday. At the end of their respective games both are going to say to their young counterparts: "Not yet!" LOL.

The other thing I wanted to mention is that I'm not sure who is going to take SB this year (probably us but I'm sure Brees would have something to say about that too) but I would put my money on the Colts for next year. What I saw in Tennessee and Kansas was very impressive. Great D but what's more important is did you see how long they kept Luck in the pocket? True he had nobody to throw the ball to but that offensive line kept him standing there for almost a minute! I'm joking, sure, but you know what I mean. If Colts keep their core OL together and add couple of young receivers through the draft and at least one reasonable running back it would be an "Achtung Colts!" time.

Sounds
01-16-19, 09:27
If Colts keep their core OL together and add couple of young receivers through the draft and at least one reasonable running back it would be an "Achtung Colts!" time.Colts would be a good landing spot for Antonio Brown and Le Veon Bell, if they thought they could deal with them. Would make them contenders.

MeatMan
01-16-19, 11:18
I think Brady and Brees are going to have one thing in common next Sunday. At the end of their respective games, both are going to say to their young counterparts: "Not yet!" LOL.

The other thing I wanted to mention is that I'm not sure who is going to take SB this year (probably us but I'm sure Brees would have something to say about that too) but I would put my money on the Colts for next year. What I saw in Tennessee and Kansas was very impressive. Great D but what's more important is did you see how long they kept Luck in the pocket? True he had nobody to throw the ball to but that offensive line kept him standing there for almost a minute! I'm joking, sure, but you know what I mean. If Colts keep their core OL together and add a couple of young receivers through the draft and at least one reasonable running back it would be an "Achtung Colts!" time.

Seeing two historically great quarterbacks Brees and Brady would make a hell of a Superbowl story. Of course, the edge goes to Brady. Brees at times does break in high-pressure situations and throws the ball wildly. They nearly squeaked it out against the Eagles last week. Lots of penalties in that game.

As for the Colts, they're rebuilding to get back to their "glory days". What's funny is, every time Jim Irsay opens his mouth, he BADLY wants the Manning days back. Chris Ballard does have a plan to put the pieces together to make the Colts a more respectable franchise. Not that I give a flying fuck. On a personal note, fuck the Colts, from the higher-ups to their fans. Ever since the Patriots punched them in the mouth in the 2014 AFC Championship, then goes to the press, then the commissioner to complain that the balls were deflated, that whole organization can eat a dick!. To top it off, the Colts hang an AFC Finalist banner to make it as if what they did is respectable. THEY GOT THEIR ASS KICKED 45-7!. Hell, Jim Irsay sat on the competition committee and change some rules all because that cocksucking franchise couldn't beat our defense!. They won the Superbowl XLI. The Colts are a fucking joke!.

Longjblues
01-16-19, 11:46
I am with you MM. Colts haven't been the same since they lost to the Pats, and then started Deflategate.

I don't think that the Colts will be any more than the tease that they were this year. They did absolutely squat against the worst defensive team in the NFL in the playoff game against the Chiefs. Both Luck and their offense melted in the bright lights. Next year won't be any different. Make the playoffs, and then take a quick vacation. Luck has no fire in the belly.

Seeing two historically great quarterbacks Brees and Brady would make a hell of a Superbowl story. Of course, the edge goes to Brady. Brees at times does break in high-pressure situations and throws the ball wildly. They nearly squeaked it out against the Eagles last week. Lots of penalties in that game.

Love to see Brees vs Brady in the SB.

As for the Colts, they're rebuilding to get back to their "glory days". What's funny is, every time Jim Irsay opens his mouth, he BADLY wants the Manning days back. Chris Ballard does have a plan to put the pieces together to make the Colts a more respectable franchise. Not that I give a flying fuck. On a personal note, fuck the Colts, from the higher-ups to their fans. Ever since the Patriots punched them in the mouth in the 2014 AFC Championship, then goes to the press, then the commissioner to complain that the balls were deflated, that whole organization can eat a dick!. To top it off, the Colts hang an AFC Finalist banner to make it as if what they did is respectable. THEY GOT THEIR ASS KICKED 45-7!. Hell, Jim Irsay sat on the competition committee and change some rules all because that cocksucking franchise couldn't beat our defense!. They won the Superbowl XLI. The Colts are a fucking joke!.

Nrlmus
01-16-19, 15:15

As for the Colts, they're rebuilding to get back to their "glory days". What's funny is, every time Jim Irsay opens his mouth, he BADLY wants the Manning days back. Chris Ballard does have a plan to put the pieces together to make the Colts a more respectable franchise. Not that I give a flying fuck. On a personal note, fuck the Colts, from the higher-ups to their fans. Ever since the Patriots punched them in the mouth in the 2014 AFC Championship, then goes to the press, then the commissioner to complain that the balls were deflated, that whole organization can eat a dick!. To top it off, the Colts hang an AFC Finalist banner to make it as if what they did is respectable. THEY GOT THEIR ASS KICKED 45-7!. Hell, Jim Irsay sat on the competition committee and change some rules all because that cocksucking franchise couldn't beat our defense!. They won the Superbowl XLI. The Colts are a fucking joke!.I agree with you Meat in regards to "fuck the Colts" and that they always were whinny girly men. Still, I found that OL impressive and the D was ok too against pretty potent KC offense. I also think that the way their new coach chose his draft picks last year point to a solid and cool mind. That's all I was saying.

Nrlmus
01-17-19, 01:09
https://sports.yahoo.com/england-patriots-quarterback-tom-brady-212129383.html

This is what you call "Total control".

MeatMan
01-20-19, 15:10
Yeah, stats don't mean shit but.

Belichick is 59-1 when Patriots run for 100+ yards (and Pats this season are 10-0 with same). You can bet it's going to happen. The general view of "Chiefs by about 3 points" is not much of a vote of confidence in them vs. Patriots. Mahomes is "cool and calm"? Brady has been MR COOL for years. I'm taking NE 38, KC 33. Also, People are quick to forget that Boston went through sports hell for a long time before getting here. The Pats always sucked, the Red Sox need no explanation, and the Bruins always came up short in the playoffs in heartbreaking fashion. Only the Celtics had sustained success throughout the 70's and 80's. .

Joe Kickass
01-20-19, 16:38
I'm not too confident in them winning at KC this year. They have been amazing at home. But, when they have hit the road this year, it's been pretty bad. Shit performance against the Steelers. Losing over a dumb play against Miami. Completely horrible against Jacksonville and Detroit. Not even showing up against the Titans either. They have been Jekyl and Hyde all year. I don't see anything that will change that pattern. Mahomes is the real deal. That offense is stacked. And they are at home. Not looking good. Go Pats.

Belichick is 59-1 when Patriots run for 100+ yards (and Pats this season are 10-0 with same). You can bet it's going to happen. The general view of "Chiefs by about 3 points" is not much of a vote of confidence in them vs. Patriots. Mahomes is "cool and calm"? Brady has been MR COOL for years. I'm taking NE 38, KC 33. Also, People are quick to forget that Boston went through sports hell for a long time before getting here. The Pats always sucked, the Red Sox need no explanation, and the Bruins always came up short in the playoffs in heartbreaking fashion. Only the Celtics had sustained success throughout the 70's and 80's. .

MajorMudd
01-20-19, 18:01

Belichick is 59-1 when Patriots run for 100+ yards (and Pats this season are 10-0 with same). You can bet it's going to happen. The general view of "Chiefs by about 3 points" is not much of a vote of confidence in them vs. Patriots. Mahomes is "cool and calm"? Brady has been MR COOL for years. I'm taking NE 38, KC 33. Also, People are quick to forget that Boston went through sports hell for a long time before getting here. The Pats always sucked, the Red Sox need no explanation, and the Bruins always came up short in the playoffs in heartbreaking fashion. Only the Celtics had sustained success throughout the 70's and 80's. .It's funny for an old guy like me to see the Celtics' "sustained success" described as occurring in the 70's and 80's considering that they won eight consecutive championships from 1959 to 1966. You think people around the country hate the Patriots? That's nothing compared to how hated the Celts were in the 60's. .

MeatMan
01-20-19, 19:30
The edge goes to Brady. Brees at times does break in high-pressure situations and throws the ball wildly!.See what I mean?

Nrlmus
01-21-19, 02:11
Wow, talking about two very lucky teams. The Rams are really lucky and truly undeserving too. The refs basically just gave them the game. In addition I was really salivating at the prospect of watching Brady vs. Brees in the finals and the stupid refs ruined it.

As for us, well, we kind of lucked out too with the coin toss going our way. I think few doubt that if KC would've won that toss we wouldn't be going to Atlanta. Still at least the Pats deserved their luck. Rams truly didn't IMHO. In addition I'm kind of weary of Brady facing Ndamukong Suh. This guy is crazy enough to try to take Brady out even at the expense of being thrown out of the game himself.

Anyway I think this was the best conference finals I ever seen. S.

MeatMan
01-21-19, 02:37
The Rams are really lucky and truly undeserving too. The refs basically just gave them the game. In addition I was really salivating at the prospect of watching Brady vs. Brees in the finals and the stupid refs ruined it.

As for us, well, we kind of lucked out too with the coin toss going our way. I think few doubt that if KC would've won that toss we wouldn't be going to Atlanta. Still at least the Pats deserved their luck. Rams truly didn't IMHO. In addition, I'm kind of weary of Brady facing Ndamukong Suh. This guy is crazy enough to try to take Brady out even at the expense of being thrown out of the game himself.

Anyway I think this was the best conference finals I ever have seen. S.That helmet-to-helmet was an obvious call and the refs missed that?. Absolutely ridiculous!. Payton should've thrown that flag, though the call I believe was under review. And of course, down the clutch, Brees screwed up again!. I didn't expect anything different.

As for us, my god, what a game. I am too old for this. Every time the Patriots play in the clutch, my nerves go frigging haywire!. LOL. We barely made it out of Arrowhead! Patriots fans are VERY aware of Suh as he played for the Dolphins. Most know how he plays dirty, added to that defense, Aqib Talib who was also familiar with and Bradon Cooks. We got our hands full in a couple weeks.

I'm not too confident in them winning at KC this year. They have been amazing at home. But, when they have hit the road this year, it's been pretty bad. Shit performance against the Steelers. Losing over a dumb play against Miami. Completely horrible against Jacksonville and Detroit. Not even showing up against the Titans either. They have been Jekyll and Hyde all year. I don't see anything that will change that pattern. Mahomes is the real deal. That offense is stacked. And they are at home. Not looking good. Go Pats.

NEVER doubt the G.O.A.T!. I admit that the game was nerve-wracking going back and forth in the 4th quarter. Julian Edelman is a piece of iron!.

It's funny for an old guy like me to see the Celtics' "sustained success" described as occurring in the '70s and 80's considering that they won eight consecutive championships from 1959 to 1966. You think people around the country hate the Patriots? That's nothing compared to how hated the Celts were in the '60s. .

I became a casual follower of the Celtics in 1980(I was 12 at the time) I really started following them in 1981 when they were steamrolling against every team but the Sixers, at the end of the season, both teams were 62-20. It came down to the Eastern Conference Finals to see how really good they were and boy did they show up!. The best game I've ever seen was game 6 of the ECF at the Philadelphia Spectrum. That game was a dogfight!. Fans were into it, Cedric Maxwell fighting with fans, etc. It was chaotic!. Today if he were to do that, he'd be suspended for half the year, if not the whole year. In the end, we ended up winning 91-90, going to game 7 winning the ECF as winning a 14th World Championship. Hell, I even went to the parade against my mom's wishes. Since then, I have been to ALL major Boston based championship parades and I can proudly say, I haven't missed one since. Damn, we're spoiled rotten!...LOL!.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbNXHJcxbjc

Skatar018
01-21-19, 08:09
O-line played lights out & protected Brady all day with very little pressure. To me they are the unsung heroes of this game. Lots of heart in throat moments to be sure & back & forth lead changes. We're on to the SUPERBOWL & the Rams! Holy crap number 9 in 18 years unreal just un-fucking believable!

Longjblues
01-21-19, 10:14
They defender never looked for ball, tackled the receiver before the ball got there, and led with his helmet and hit the receiver in the head. Besides saying that they blew the call, the ref said he thought the pass was tipped at the line. No evidence or suggestion of that in video replay. Also doesn't explain helmet to helmet non call. Terrible mistake. Logically suggests crooked ref.

Wow, talking about two very lucky teams. The Rams are really lucky and truly undeserving too. The refs basically just gave them the game. In addition I was really salivating at the prospect of watching Brady vs. Brees in the finals and the stupid refs ruined it.

As for us, well, we kind of lucked out too with the coin toss going our way. I think few doubt that if KC would've won that toss we wouldn't be going to Atlanta. Still at least the Pats deserved their luck. Rams truly didn't IMHO. In addition I'm kind of weary of Brady facing Ndamukong Suh. This guy is crazy enough to try to take Brady out even at the expense of being thrown out of the game himself.

Anyway I think this was the best conference finals I ever seen. S.

Longjblues
01-21-19, 10:21
Coach can't throw flag for non call. There is no review for non call or even a called penalty, ie. Phantom call against kc defensive lineman for roughing the passer (Brady) that negated interception.

That helmet-to-helmet was an obvious call and the refs missed that?. Absolutely ridiculous!. Payton should've thrown that flag, though the call I believe was under review. And of course, down the clutch, Brees screwed up again!. I didn't expect anything different.

As for us, my god, what a game. I am too old for this. Every time the Patriots play in the clutch, my nerves go frigging haywire!. LOL. We barely made it out of Arrowhead! Patriots fans are VERY aware of Suh as he played for the Dolphins. Most know how he plays dirty, added to that defense, Aqib Talib who was also familiar with and Bradon Cooks. We got our hands full in a couple weeks.

NEVER doubt the G.O.A.T!. I admit that the game was nerve-wracking going back and forth in the 4th quarter. Julian Edelman is a piece of iron.
c

Skatar018
01-21-19, 12:35
Phantom call against kc defensive lineman for roughing the passer (Brady) that negated interceptionWhile I agree that it wasn't roughing the passer however there wasn't a interception on that play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SRk1XkFkhU. The INT came when Dee Ford for KC lined up off sides http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001012329/article/dee-ford-on-offsides-on-int-ive-got-to-see-the-ball & clearly he was off sides, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiXh8H6dozk.

The punt return with Julian Edleman was hard for KC fans to swallow, but ultimately to me the refs got the call right unlike the Saints Rams game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X5aOiujb_I.

Hope the NFL fix calls or non-calls like this going forward, maybe something like adding another ref along with teams able to challenge one non-reviewable play per game.

Nrlmus
01-21-19, 15:34
Coach can't throw flag for non call. There is no review for non call or even a called penalty, ie. Phantom call against kc defensive lineman for roughing the passer (Brady) that negated interception.I think they should start treating last two minutes of NFL the same as they've been treating last minute of NBA games, meaning review anything that even remotely smells of controversy. Maybe allow video review team to call in their doubts to the head ref if there are any, similar to the way they just began doing in FIFA international games. Maybe only have it apply in playoffs but considering that both football and baseball games consist of enormous number of game stoppages as is, I find complains about "slowing down the game" laughable.

As for overtimes, here is "my proposal". First, have teams go at each other for 10 minutes sudden death period, kind of like with MLB extra innings. Get rid of the coin toss and have home team posses the ball last. Teams go at each other until somebody wins. As one who posses last, home team would always have a chance to tie the game irrespective of what visiting team does.

Second, in unlikely scenario, if after 10 minutes overtime the score would still remain tied (remember last SB with us vs. Philly where both defenses could hardly stop anything) it would go to the field goals (kind of like with NHL regular season overtimes). The kickers would kick from (let's say) 50 yards in regular kicking formation so defenses would still have a chance to block kicks until we have a winner. Defense involvement would also at least somewhat dilute the pressure (and fault) of a kicker once someone loses. Home team would always have the last word.

I think it would make game more exciting, more unpredictable, would increase value of kickers, and would make outcomes appear more fare then with a coin toss when both defenses are so beat that whoever wins the coin toss is basically assured themselves a win.

Or if NFL would really want to preserve coin toss have the winner of the coin toss decide whether it wants to go first or last.

Sounds
01-21-19, 15:51
Coach can't throw flag for non call. There is no review for non call or even a called penalty, ie. Phantom call against kc defensive lineman for roughing the passer (Brady) that negated interception.There was a roughing the passer call, but that was not the play that negated the interception. That was an obvious offside by one of the Chief's linemen. No disputing that one.

There were calls in both games that were non-calls of penalties. There was a facemask on Goff that should have been called that would have extended their drive and made it first and goal. Maybe the non-call for the PI at the end of the NFC game was payback for that non-call.

Was a lot of PI that was not called all day.

There will be bad calls that go both ways always. Just part of the game.

Sounds
01-21-19, 16:00
They defender never looked for ball, tackled the receiver before the ball got there, and led with his helmet and hit the receiver in the head. Besides saying that they blew the call, the ref said he thought the pass was tipped at the line. No evidence or suggestion of that in video replay. Also doesn't explain helmet to helmet non call. Terrible mistake. Logically suggests crooked ref.One of the worst calls in a big game happened before that. Payton called a pass on first down of that series instead of a run play to bring down the clock or force the Rams to use a time out. Pass was dropped, and stopped the clock. Left enough time on the clock for the Rams to come back and tie it. If they ran the ball each down, would have not had the missed PI / Helmet hit on the receiver and had left very little time for the Rams to come back.

Skatar018
01-21-19, 16:24
Or if NFL would really want to preserve coin toss have the winner of the coin toss decide whether it wants to go first or last.To some degree they do get to choose if they want to receive the ball or kick the ball to the opponent, the refs still can mess it up https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/12/27/10670696/patriots-jets-overtime-coin-toss-confusion-rules-kick-receivehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovb_jGwAAq8.

Not sure if the OT rules need to be changed or amended, there has to be an end in case neither defence can stop the opponents offence, I like them the way they are.

The coin toss lends to the unpredictability, then it's game on, offence vs defence, you stop the opponent & then score a touchdown or a field goal you win, you don't stop the opponent & they score a touchdown you lose.

In the event of the team who gets the ball first only scores a field goal the opponent will then have an opportunity to try & score a touchdown or field goal, a touchdown would win the game, after that next score wins.

Longjblues
01-21-19, 16:35
Running the ball should have been correct call, but it would have forced Rams to use their timeouts rather than letting time run down. It got worse, I believe, because Saints had to actually call timeout because the play clock was about to expire on one of the next plays. Officials weren't the only screw up but was the major one. The Saints still had to kick the field goal as well.

One of the worst calls in a big game happened before that. Payton called a pass on first down of that series instead of a run play to bring down the clock or force the Rams to use a time out. Pass was dropped, and stopped the clock. Left enough time on the clock for the Rams to come back and tie it. If they ran the ball each down, would have not had the missed PI / Helmet hit on the receiver and had left very little time for the Rams to come back.

MeatMan
01-21-19, 22:31
When the Referee's don't call a penalty in the first, second, or third quarter it usually isn't a big deal, but when there are less than two minutes left in the 4th quarter, in the NFC Championship game of all things, the missed or ignored penalty means everything. Saints got fucked, but the Refs don't care because it's just the Saints. Topping off with not reviewing it is laughable. Hello, league office? Hello?. Hellloooo??

Sounds
01-22-19, 11:12
When the Referee's don't call a penalty in the first, second, or third quarter it usually isn't a big deal, but when there are less than two minutes left in the 4th quarter, in the NFC Championship game of all things, the missed or ignored penalty means everything. Saints got fucked, but the Refs don't care because it's just the Saints. Topping off with not reviewing it is laughable. Hello, league office? Hello?. Hellloooo??Bellichick has been wanting this kind of thing to be reviewable for years. Blew up in the NFL face this time, so something will happen with it. Plus Payton is on the competition committee.

MeatMan
01-27-19, 12:36
I got to admit something, I really didn't think the Pats would pull out the game they had, but #12 & BB figured it out. At the end of the game, I could not believe it, My hands were shaky and my feet felt like spaghetti!. Some very telling stats I got from the NFL website. The Pats controlled the ball 43:59 minutes while the Chiefs controlled the ball for 20:53 minutes. The Chiefs defense was tired. The Patriots had 94 plays on offense, the Chiefs had 47. Total yards for the Pats 524 to Chiefs 290. Belichick and his crew outcoached Andy Reid, AGAIN (in Forrest Gump voice) The Pats let by #12 executed the game plan and outplayed the Chiefs psychically and systematically.

A little rant, Tony Mazz, fuck him and all his idiotic chatter about what a terrible player and terrible person Kyle Van Noy is. And Mark Bertram, fuck him for all his idiotic chatter about how ill-prepared the Pats would be to face the Chiefs after their shootout with Rams. How did their "expertise" work for em?, toolbags!. Anyway, watching the rally as I type this. Lets go, Pats!

#EVERYTHINGWEGOT!

Skatar018
01-27-19, 13:57
We had most thing go our way in the AFC title game (other than 2 turnovers) especially in the first half. If we play mistake free ball we should win.

Match ups I'm looking for is our O-line against their D-Line, that's a nasty D-line the Rams have, Aaron Donald is a beast & if they double team him Suh & others may feast, but I think our O-line can handle it.

If our Defence plays as good the this entire game like they did against KC in the first half we should be good & win our 6th SUPERBOWL!

Superbowl ThoughtsGreatest football team ever, salary cap, no salary cap, Superbowl, pre-Superbowl!

MeatMan
02-02-19, 20:33
Ty is the most deserving of that early Patriots run that isn't Brady or Vinatieri. So happy for him. Was afraid he'd get passed over because I'd pretty much knew Bailey and Reed were getting in and I was worried they wouldn't put in that many secondary guys. SOOOOOO PUMPED FOR HIM!. Now, there's one thing left to do, got to go out there and get that ring in his honor. As for tomorrow game, which is less than 24 HRS away, my goddamn heart cannot take any more close Super Bowls! I know that sounds like a spoiled statement but, it does a number on your heart and my stress would go through the roof the entire time. I'm not sure how anyone that posts on this thread will be alive tomorrow, LOL!.

Hell, I'm jittery now!. That being said.

LETSGOPATS!!

P.S. Ty Law and Lawyer Malloy OWNED Peyton Manning in the regular season and the playoffs!.

Skatar018
02-03-19, 23:15
Number six, Defence played light out, O-line mostly held up, nice touch pass to Gronk, & thank GAWD for Gilmores INT!

MeatMan
02-04-19, 00:48
The empire rises again you hatin' ass motherfuckers!. Bow down, KNEEL and kiss the rings!. The 6 X New England Patriots RUUUUN the fuckin' NFL!.

Nrlmus
02-04-19, 02:30
What a great game! I'm actually happy that it turned into the defensive slugfest. I really miss those old Baltimore-Pittsburg low scoring Polamalu vs. Lewis affairs sometimes. Still, not Brady's best it was. Brady played his heart out last year and lost. Brady was just ok last night and won. Go figure.

Also not to take anything away from Edelman, and he sure was the best that our offense could offer last night but that still dousn't say much because our offense was nearly invisible while our D was the boss! The only reason Edelman got MVP was because there was nobody on defense that stuck out of the crowd. Everybody was awesome! Still if it would've been up to me I would've given it to Van Noy or even Jason Mccourty if for nothing else then for that one play on Cooks.

Also, remember our first Superbowl win in 2002 when everybody were jumping for joy and shooting fireworks and acting all crazy and congratulating each other? Now at the end of the game it's like: "alright, good game! Give my high five! OK, got to go now. Tomorrow's back to work" LOL.

Sounds
02-04-19, 14:55
The empire rises again you hatin' ass motherfuckers!. Bow down, KNEEL and kiss the rings!. The 6 X New England Patriots RUUUUN the fuckin' NFL!.The best thing about 6 is the Pittsburgh haters can no longer say they are better because they had more rings!

MeatMan
02-07-19, 16:32
There's plenty of speculation about The Patriots for next season, besides all the free agency usual questions of who'll come and go. Are we really going to see core players retiring?. I really can't tell. I think Gronk is more likely to hang his cleats than the McCourtys. Two names I really want to keep, but don't think will fit the cap space: Trent Brown and Trey Flowers. I'll dream if by some contract tweaks we can keep 'them.

We need WRs for next season, except for Edelman( He's a baaad Mofo!). We don't have a reliable receiver and he is 33 next season. Will we go the draft or free agency? Also, most obvious move this season: Extending Brady. The man can still play.

Regarding the Celtics. I'm torn on Irving. He seems to not elevate the other players on the floor. I think the young guys are more assertive when he's not out there. I'm also torn about Anthony Davis. I like him as a player, but I don't see the value of trading "no ceiling in sight" players to get him and I don't think he makes anyone else on the floor any better either. I also don't think these '5-centric' teams realize that much overall success. I'd like to see some depth in the frontcourt. Any suggestions?. By the way, Remember Markelle Fultz when we had him for the Celtics in the 1st round draft, then traded him to the Sixers for Jason Tatum? Now Markelle has mental as well as physical issues?. He's has been traded to the Orlando Magic for some laughable option picks. Gaaaawdamn.

Trader Danny HOSED the Sixers!. LOL.!. Congrats on Patrice Bergeron reaching his 1000th game. Hell of a milestone!.

Longjblues
02-08-19, 12:35
Now that Fultz is with the Magic, I hope he puts his physical and mental issues behind him, and starts to play.

A lot can change between now and July 1st with Davis, particularly if the Celtics make it to the Finals, and how everyone plays. I am not a fan of trading Tatum. I am a little less hesitant with Brown, although I prefer not to do so. However, Davis is a unique and singular player in this league, and in the top 10 player list. Should be a fun ride from here to July.

I does seem like the Devin & Jason McCourtys will be retiring, but the Pats defensive backs situations is still fairly solid. I hope Pats can resign Flowers. It would be nice to have Trent Brown, but he is more likely to be overpaid elsewhere, based on Pats standards.

I think Gronk will be back, if the Pats are willing to make a few concessions with him, but they may not think its worth it at this stage of his career. Whether Gronk comes back or not, Pats need upgrade in their receivers skill sets.

There's plenty of speculation about The Patriots for next season, besides all the free agency usual questions of who'll come and go. Are we really going to see core players retiring?. I really can't tell. I think Gronk is more likely to hang his cleats than the McCourtys. Two names I really want to keep, but don't think will fit the cap space: Trent Brown and Trey Flowers. I'll dream if by some contract tweaks we can keep 'them.

We need WRs for next season, except for Edelman( He's a baaad Mofo!). We don't have a reliable receiver and he is 33 next season. Will we go the draft or free agency? Also, most obvious move this season: Extending Brady. The man can still play.

Regarding the Celtics. I'm torn on Irving. He seems to not elevate the other players on the floor. I think the young guys are more assertive when he's not out there. I'm also torn about Anthony Davis. I like him as a player, but I don't see the value of trading "no ceiling in sight" players to get him and I don't think he makes anyone else on the floor any better either. I also don't think these '5-centric' teams realize that much overall success. I'd like to see some depth in the frontcourt. Any suggestions?. By the way, Remember Markelle Fultz when we had him for the Celtics in the 1st round draft, then traded him to the Sixers for Jason Tatum? Now Markelle has mental as well as physical issues?. He's has been traded to the Orlando Magic for some laughable option picks. Gaaaawdamn.

Trader Danny HOSED the Sixers!. LOL.!. Congrats on Patrice Bergeron reaching his 1000th game. Hell of a milestone!.

MeatMan
03-08-19, 23:17
As some of you may not know, Micheal Bennett has now joined the Patriots and Danny "Mr. Superbowl' has been released by the Dolphins. Also just a rumor, but I even heard that Martellus wants to join his brother on the team. Gaawddamn man, I just LOVE being a Patriot fan!. This is just a rough draft, fellas. Lets see how all this bubbles out!. Whoo hoo!.

Sounds
03-09-19, 13:30
As some of you may not know, Micheal Bennett has now joined the Patriots and Danny "Mr. Superbowl' has been released by the Dolphins. Also just a rumor, but I even heard that Martellus wants to join his brother on the team. Gaawddamn man, I just LOVE being a Patriot fan!. This is just a rough draft, fellas. Lets see how all this bubbles out!. Whoo hoo!.Looking good!

Be interesting for sure. They always also seem to have some mantra to rally around for motivation. Wonder if this year it will be related to the Kraft bust?

Jaristas
03-18-19, 21:19
Is it legal in MA? I use some sites that allow it. Anyone know?

MeatMan
03-24-19, 19:24
He's had a great 9 years. Sadly with all the injuries, he wanted to hang up the cleats. Going to miss him and his goofy, fun-loving ass. *sniff*.

Is it legal in MA? I use some sites that allow it. Anyone know?Not yet. I think it's still on the ballots.

MeatMan
04-14-19, 15:29
Tiger won?. I sure as hell didn't see that coming. Wow!.

ArchersTarget
04-14-19, 20:09
Tiger won?. I sure as hell didn't see that coming. Wow!.When you have the lead and Tiger is right behind you. They always choke.

MeatMan
04-21-19, 18:35
Happy Easter all!. Not to jinx but, it seems as if the Sox are starting to turn it around. Sweeping the top team in the MLB gives them the shot of boost juice that they needed so badly!. The new kid, Chavis looks like a nice find!. Celtics sweeping of the Pacers was a walk in the park. Gordon Heyward looks as if he's coming around after his injury. He was shooting lights out basketball. We're moving on to the next round. And of course the cardiac Bruins. GAAAME7! (Haven't Bruins fan seen this before?) The damn game had me on the edge of my feet. It had looked like Toronto was going to make a furious run in coming back but, key stops from Krejci and Marchan held the line!. I was finger fucking my remote back and forth switching channels between all the games that I may need to replace it!. None the less, great games today!.

ArchersTarget
04-24-19, 07:38
Just when everyone thought the Sox where on a roll by sweeping Tampa then they take a big dump. I'm blaming Cora for this mess as there is to much talent on this team to be this bad. Cora needs to light a fire up their asses and be a good leader but I think he is to layed back.

Sounds
04-24-19, 09:30
Just when everyone thought the Sox where on a roll by sweeping Tampa then they take a big dump. I'm blaming Cora for this mess as there is to much talent on this team to be this bad. Cora needs to light a fire up their asses and be a good leader but I think he is to layed back.The fault is with the players not performing. Watched the game during Bruin's intermission and after they won. Had a number of scoring opportunities with men on base and could not drive anyone in. Never was a problem last year.

May be you are right that Cora needs to light them up. Certainly would not hurt! Hopefully get their act together and start playing the way they should.

MeatMan
04-24-19, 17:09
Just when everyone thought the Sox where on a roll by sweeping Tampa then they take a big dump. I'm blaming Cora for this mess as there is to much talent on this team to be this bad. Cora needs to light a fire up their asses and be a good leader but I think he is to layed back.I wasn't going to dump on the Sox hard after the sweep of the Rays but, this is a cause for concern. Sale is not himself though he did pitch a solid game, the pitching is just unstable and tepid. Speaking of Sale, I was on a forum and someone boob wanted to make Sale the closer. Too many Tide pods for that guy. The Sox aren't playing Sale 29M to be a damn closer, fool!.

Right now, anyone focused on the NBA and NHL Playoffs?.

Sounds
04-25-19, 08:44
Right now, anyone focused on the NBA and NHL Playoffs?.I am hoping for the quartet of Championships. All 4 major sports within one year. City of Champions!

MeatMan
04-25-19, 09:17
I am hoping for the quartet of Championships. All 4 major sports within one year. City of Champions!Now THAT would be amazing. All four home teams winning in one year would be the ultimate sports orgasm for this city that NO one could match. EVER!.

The Celtics have an uphill climb against the Bucks. I'm taking the Celtics in 6 although I'm much less optimistic if Khris Middleton keeps shooting as he did against us last year. Milwaukee sweeping Detroit by a large margin actually works in our favor to steal game 1. Usually, the team that has had to fight in the previous round arrives much more prepared for the next series that the one who didn't face real competition. Let's just hope the Celts come out swinging and take a game in the Fiserv.

For the Bruins, If they go after the Jackets physically, it's going to wear the Blue Jackets out. I'm really not sure what to expect. This is a team that swept the top team in the NHL!. I honestly think the Cup is right in the Bruins hands seeing that the top-seeded teams are out.

Sounds
04-25-19, 11:39
Now THAT would be amazing. All four home teams winning in one year would be the ultimate sports orgasm for this city that NO one could match. EVER!.

The Celtics have an uphill climb against the Bucks. I'm taking the Celtics in 6 although I'm much less optimistic if Khris Middleton keeps shooting as he did against us last year. Milwaukee sweeping Detroit by a large margin actually works in our favor to steal game 1. Usually, the team that has had to fight in the previous round arrives much more prepared for the next series that the one who didn't face real competition. Let's just hope the Celts come out swinging and take a game in the Fiserv.

For the Bruins, If they go after the Jackets physically, it's going to wear the Blue Jackets out. I'm really not sure what to expect. This is a team that swept the top team in the NHL!. I honestly think the Cup is right in the Bruins hands seeing that the top-seeded teams are out.Agree the Bruins have a great shot at the cup. The top teams being out certainly helps. Plus they seem to play better backed against the wall.

Celtics have a tougher road for sure. Still doable, but stiff competition remaining just to get to the finals. Then the Western Champ would be the favorite.

3 of 4 would still be great, but one can still dream!

MeatMan
05-06-19, 16:25
Is it too much to ask for some fucking quality officiating? I think that's all fans want, an evenly called game!. When you see what the refs allow versus Kyrie and Al, allowing the Bucks to beat them up for steals which should be fouled and, you have on the other end the whistles ready for any time Giannis misses!. I know some will say "don't blame the refs" and yes they aren't the sole reason the Celtics lost but, for fuck sakes, man, they shouldn't be absolved of blame every time they call a bad game because teams should "just play through it. Give me a fucking break with that cockamamie BS. Just call the game right!.

Is there a deeper conspiracy here?. I think the NBA is just trying to milk this series for all its worth.

For the Bruins, I've been a low brow fan for quite some time going back to the days of Brad Park, Cam, Sweeny and don't kill me for this, Andy Moog. I don't know the ins and outs of the sport but, what I see from the Bruins is true grit and fight. Tuukka is playing his ass off!. I didn't think he had it in him. He sure as hell proved me wrong. In closing, These are HUGE games for BOTH teams. I may have whiplash by the end of the night watching both at the local bar.....Or an ulcer.

Being a born and bred Boston sports fan is a gift and a curse.

Nrlmus
05-06-19, 17:46
Is it too much to ask for some fucking quality officiating? I think that's all fans want, an evenly called game!. When you see what the refs allow versus Kyrie and Al, allowing the Bucks to beat them up for steals which should be fouled and, you have on the other end the whistles ready for any time Giannis misses!. I know some will say "don't blame the refs" and yes they aren't the sole reason the Celtics lost but, for fuck sakes, man, they shouldn't be absolved of blame every time they call a bad game because teams should "just play through it. Give me a fucking break with that cockamamie BS. Just call the game right!.

Is there a deeper conspiracy here?. I think the NBA is just trying to milk this series for all its worth.

For the Bruins, I've been a low brow fan for quite some time going back to the days of Brad Park, Cam, Sweeny and don't kill me for this, Andy Moog. I don't know the ins and outs of the sport but, what I see from the Bruins is true grit and fight. Tuukka is playing his ass off!. I didn't think he had it in him. He sure as hell proved me wrong. In closing, These are HUGE games for BOTH teams. I may have whiplash by the end of the night watching both at the local bar.....Or an ulcer.

Being a born and bred Boston sports fan is a gift and a curse.Count your blessings brother! lol

Imagine you're in DC or Atlanta, or even better, Omaha NE and you got to get yourself hyped for the home teams there instead of here! When you add it all up even NY doesn't have it as good as we do sports wise, and they more than double our number of teams there. LA is the only place in the country which is in the ballpark with us but even they don't have it as good cumulatively. Knock on the wood, let's not jinx it.

Sounds
05-06-19, 18:46

Unfortunately did not have the opportunity to watch the C's game. However, in my opinion NBA officiating is the worst! Always has been. They were talking about refs missing calls against Golden State in one of the games last week. And the NBA even admitted there were missed calls.

Certainly does seem the officiating is fixed at time. Remember they had a ref that was involved with gambling a few years ago. Wouldn't surprise me if there are others.

Longjblues
05-07-19, 07:20
Grinders. Bruins just keep grinding and mucking, until they finish. Thankfully they put the blue jackets away in six. Great job by Rask.

Celts on the other hand, have lacked that fortitude and toughness all year. Brown, Morris and horford are the only celts competing out there on the floor.

Tatum has disappeared on the defensive end, and only scores when there is no pressure.

Kyrie has been less than efficient on the offensive end, but is at least trying on defensive end.

Hayward has been nonexistence.

Celts have been as disappointing in the playoffs as they were in the regular season. Have not stepped it up.

MeatMan
05-07-19, 08:50
Hats off the the Jackets. Good team and good fans. Unfortunately, they ran out of gas. Jackets goals were to shift, block everything and, hit everything clearly wore them down. B's are rolling now. They got it from everywhere. Great team plays, good defense and, great shot on goals. Who is this Coyle guy?.LOL!. Anyone from Weymouth, Mass here because, thats where he's from. What a great pickup he has been!. As for the Whale..... Err um, the Canes, they will be tough but, I think B's match up well. If they continue to play team hockey like this, no one will stop them. Rask is the reason this series is over right now.

As for the Celtics, I know it's bash Kyrie night and he's definitely is having a horrible series, but where's the help? Where are these "superstar" potential players that we had?. Nobody else had 20!. I agree that Kyrie was messing all the way up which indicates to me he's a IB player that needs a 1A player. This is something I should have known already, but he was convincing me that he could figure it out with this talent that we had, but its not happening!. Gordon and Kyrie were supposed to be two top tier players who would take over the Celtics, well Kyrie is all alone. I would say it's not his fault that Gordon isn't playing up to par, but, it kind of is. The Celts backs are against the wall. I've seen this before when the Celtics were down 3-1 to the Sixers back in 81' only to come back and win the ECF but, that was then and this is now. Do the Celtics have any fight because, their getting slapped around like a kid getting bullied for his lunch money!.

Longjblues
05-07-19, 09:16
Bledsoe and George Fuc* Hill are killing the Celts, not to mention Connaughton. Celts just are not bringing the D. Starts with D.

Hats off the the Jackets. Good team, good fans. Unfortunately, they ran out of gas. Jackets goals were to shift, block everything, hit everything clearly wore them down. B's are rolling now. The B's got it from everywhere. Great team plays, good defense, great shot on goals. Who is this Coyle guy?.LOL!. Anyone from Weymouth, Mass here because, thats where he's from. What a great pickup he has been!. As for the Whale..... Err um, the Canes, they will be tough but, I think B's match up well. If they continue to play team hockey like this, no one will stop them. Rask is the reason this series is over right now.

As for the Celtics, I know it's bash Kyrie night and be definitely is having a horrible series, but where's the help? Where are these "superstar" potential players that we had?. Nobody else had 20!. I agree that Kyrie was messing all the way up which indicates to me he's a IB player that needs a 1 A player This is something I should have known already, but he was convincing me that he could figure it out with this talent that we had, but it just cannot happen!. Gordon and Kyrie were supposed to be two top tier players who would take over the Celtics, well Kyrie is all alone. I would say it's not his fault that Gordon isn't playing up to par, but, it kind of is. Back are against the wall now. I've seen this before when the Celtics were down 3-1 to the Sixers back in 81' only to come back and win the ECF but, that was then and this is now. Do the Celtics have any fight because, their getting slapped around like a kid getting bullied for his lunch money!.

ArchersTarget
05-07-19, 10:19
Hats off the the Jackets. Good team and good fans. Unfortunately, they ran out of gas. Jackets goals were to shift, block everything and, hit everything clearly wore them down. B's are rolling now. They got it from everywhere. Great team plays, good defense and, great shot on goals. Who is this Coyle guy?.LOL!. Anyone from Weymouth, Mass here because, thats where he's from. What a great pickup he has been!. As for the Whale..... Err um, the Canes, they will be tough but, I think B's match up well. If they continue to play team hockey like this, no one will stop them. Rask is the reason this series is over right now.

As for the Celtics, I know it's bash Kyrie night and he's definitely is having a horrible series, but where's the help? Where are these "superstar" potential players that we had?. Nobody else had 20!. I agree that Kyrie was messing all the way up which indicates to me he's a IB player that needs a 1A player. This is something I should have known already, but he was convincing me that he could figure it out with this talent that we had, but its not happening!. Gordon and Kyrie were supposed to be two top tier players who would take over the Celtics, well Kyrie is all alone. I would say it's not his fault that Gordon isn't playing up to par, but, it kind of is. The Celts backs are against the wall. I've seen this before when the Celtics were down 3-1 to the Sixers back in 81' only to come back and win the ECF but, that was then and this is now. Do the Celtics have any fight because, their getting slapped around like a kid getting bullied for his lunch money!.I think Kyrie has checked out and he will be gone after this season. Hopefully they can find someone to fill that position. He's a great player when he wants to be but he is a head case.

MeatMan
05-08-19, 23:30
And rightfully so. So, what about Hayward?. Specifically, what if Hayward never returns to form?. Even when people were claiming he was finding his stride this season, he never even came close to the player he once was. This is a guy that was a 20,5, and 5 guy on a playoff team in a tough Western Conference. Additionally, he had a stellar playoff performance leading a mediocre Utah team past the first round averaging over 24 points per game. He's now two years removed from that season and looks, at best, like a shell of himself. I think we all forget how crucial adding Hayward was for our plans because of the emergence of Tatum, but let's not forget that Hayward was supposed to be our 2nd star, a good player with a huge contract who lost his game due to injury. I'm not sure how you move forward with him, stick to your guns?.

The roster needs to be overhauled. Lack of rebounding and outside shooting has been an issue for some time. There are 2 paths really, Go all in with Kyrie and try to get Antonio Davis or Kyrie walks and you build around a young core. The 49-33 record to me was a tell-all sign that it wasn't going to go right.

ArchersTarget
05-09-19, 07:27
And rightfully so. So, what about Hayward?. Specifically, what if Hayward never returns to form?. Even when people were claiming he was finding his stride this season, he never even came close to the player he once was. This is a guy that was a 20,5, and 5 guy on a playoff team in a tough Western Conference. Additionally, he had a stellar playoff performance leading a mediocre Utah team past the first round averaging over 24 points per game. He's now two years removed from that season and looks, at best, like a shell of himself. I think we all forget how crucial adding Hayward was for our plans because of the emergence of Tatum, but let's not forget that Hayward was supposed to be our 2nd star, a good player with a huge contract who lost his game due to injury. I'm not sure how you move forward with him, stick to your guns?.

The roster needs to be overhauled. Lack of rebounding and outside shooting has been an issue for some time. There are 2 paths really, Go all in with Kyrie and try to get Antonio Davis or Kyrie walks and you build around a young core. The 49-33 record to me was a tell-all sign that it wasn't going to go right.We also have to look at the coaching. I like Stevens but I'm not sure the players like him. We have no leader on the team. It should be a interesting off season as something has to change.

Sounds
05-09-19, 09:36

The roster needs to be overhauled. Lack of rebounding and outside shooting has been an issue for some time. There are 2 paths really, Go all in with Kyrie and try to get Antonio Davis or Kyrie walks and you build around a young core. The 49-33 record to me was a tell-all sign that it wasn't going to go right.Hayward, Reggie Miller, Len Bias?

OlmanDriver
05-09-19, 10:16
Hayward, Reggie Miller, Len Bias?Reggie Lewis.

MeatMan
05-09-19, 10:24
Hayward, Reggie Miller, Len Bias?Lets reel that back in, Sounds. No one since then has died. Look, Kyrie, he's is extremely talented player in my opinion, but being face of the franchise doesn't just require talent. You need certain level of maturity that he doesn't have at the moment. The ability to stay calm, and control your emotions is very important. This is a painful lesson for him. He will either learn from this, and become that type of player, or he will have to accept that he is a second star. That will impact his decision to stay in Boston too. He will have to do some soul searching, a lot. As for the whole team, chemistry issues, egos, Hayward's injury are obvious problems. I really thought we'd be ok by mid-season, but things got worse, Kyrie acted out and, I never thought Hayward would be plodding the whole year. His injury was fucked up. He was in great shape and ready to build. Instead, he's two years older, it's been a legit nightmare. Tatum was probably the primary ego guy breaking plays, Rozier and Jaylen adjusted. He could regress next year, but Smart could be a legitimately good shooter now. And Williams is a project but was a great find. Morris had a career year.

We simply lost to a good team. Doesn't mean our internal issues are a big problem. Best case, Kyrie re-ups, we ship out Tatum+ for Davis, Horford resigns, we crush the draft, Hayward comes all the way back physically, and the chemistry issues work out next year with a different pecking order. Kyrie's got some growth as a player and person if he decides to leave, major setback. Worst case Kyrie walks, Davis goes somewhere else, Hayward is toast, Horford is old, we strike out in the draft, Brown plays his way to a max we can't afford not to pay him, and we watch to see if he and Tatum can become the big key two. Celtics have a LOOOOT of re adjustments to make this off season.

Turning the page, Bruins predictions tonight as well as for the ECF?. Comments?.

Nrlmus
05-09-19, 10:58
Lets reel that back in, Sounds. No one since then has died. Look, Kyrie, he's is extremely talented player in my opinion, but being face of the franchise doesn't just require talent. You need certain level of maturity that he doesn't have at the moment. The ability to stay calm, and control your emotions is very important. This is a painful lesson for him. He will either learn from this, and become that type of player, or he will have to accept that he is a second star. That will impact his decision to stay in Boston too. He will have to do some soul searching, a lot. As for the whole team, chemistry issues, egos, Hayward's injury are obvious problems. I really thought we'd be ok by mid-season, but things got worse, Kyrie acted out and, I never thought Hayward would be plodding the whole year. His injury was fucked up. He was in great shape and ready to build. Instead, he's two years older, it's been a legit nightmare. Tatum was probably the primary ego guy breaking plays, Rozier and Jaylen adjusted. He could regress next year, but Smart could be a legitimately good shooter now. And Williams is a project but was a great find. Morris had a career year.

We simply lost to a good team. Doesn't mean our internal issues are a big problem. Best case, Kyrie re-ups, we ship out Tatum+ for Davis, Horford resigns, we crush the draft, Hayward comes all the way back physically, and the chemistry issues work out next year with a different pecking order. Kyrie's got some growth as a player and person if he decides to leave, major setback. Worst case Kyrie walks, Davis goes somewhere else, Hayward is toast, Horford is old, we strike out in the draft, Brown plays his way to a max we can't afford not to pay him, and we watch to see if he and Tatum can become the big key two. Celtics have a LOOOOT of re adjustments to make this off season.

Turning the page, Bruins predictions tonight as well as for the ECF?. Comments?.Bruins will win tonight and should win the series. Carolina looked great against the Isles but we're riding a hot goalie. Still my money is on the Bs. Here are some good analysis from the Carolina camp of what's to come. To me the writer sounds nervous.

https://www.canescountry.com/2019/5/8/18536848/carolina-hurricanes-boston-bruins-series-preview-eastern-conference-final-nhl-stanley-cup

In the other pair I'd take San Jose over St. Louis. It should be a tough fight but Logan Couture (got to love the guy!) would be the difference IMHO.

A side note on NBA. I think at the end of it all the Bucks will upset the Warriors.

ArchersTarget
05-13-19, 16:45
Bruins will win tonight and should win the series. Carolina looked great against the Isles but we're riding a hot goalie. Still my money is on the Bs. Here are some good analysis from the Carolina camp of what's to come. To me the writer sounds nervous.

https://www.canescountry.com/2019/5/8/18536848/carolina-hurricanes-boston-bruins-series-preview-eastern-conference-final-nhl-stanley-cup

In the other pair I'd take San Jose over St. Louis. It should be a tough fight but Logan Couture (got to love the guy!) would be the difference IMHO.

A side note on NBA. I think at the end of it all the Bucks will upset the Warriors.The Bruins can't let this opportunity slip by them as all the top teams are out. Rask is in top form thank god. The Sharks will be tuff but this will be the only time the Bruins will be in this position so lets get it done.

Nrlmus
05-13-19, 17:31
The Bruins can't let this opportunity slip by them as all the top teams are out. Rask is in top form thank god. The Sharks will be tuff but this will be the only time the Bruins will be in this position so lets get it done.Carolina dropped first two in Washington but then came back to win the series. Justin Williams is a very dangerous player, on but especially off the ice. I'm sure that Cassidy is banging this into our guys' heads all through practice.

Tomorrow should decide whether it's going to be an easy ride or not. Their goalie's been suspect. If I'd be their coach I'd put him back in tomorrow but if it doesn't change things I'd go with the backup for the game 4.

MeatMan
05-14-19, 11:47
Carolina dropped first two in Washington but then came back to win the series. Justin Williams is a very dangerous player, on but especially off the ice. I'm sure that Cassidy is banging this into our guys' heads all through practice.

Tomorrow should decide whether it's going to be an easy ride or not. Their goalie's been suspect. If I'd be their coach I'd put him back in tomorrow but if it doesn't change things I'd go with the backup for the game 4.I'm glad Cassidy reeled all the ball washing that the Bruins were getting. A quote from Cassidy: "We needed to win the first 10 minutes," Cassidy told reporters. "I hear people saying they come into another team's building and 'We've got to weather the storm. ' Well, we want to create the storm. We're not interested in weathering any storm. We want to go out and let them know we're here to play, be aggressive and assertive. ".

Well, said Cas, well said!.

ArchersTarget
05-14-19, 13:50
I'm glad Cassidy reeled all the ball washing that the Bruins were getting. A quote from Cassidy: "We needed to win the first 10 minutes," Cassidy told reporters. "I hear people saying they come into another team's building and 'We've got to weather the storm. ' Well, we want to create the storm. We're not interested in weathering any storm. We want to go out and let them know we're here to play, be aggressive and assertive. ".

Well, said Cas, well said!.I wish Cora could think like that. I hope he's listening.

MeatMan
05-14-19, 14:14
I wish Cora could think like that. I hope he's listening.Care to interpret what you mean by Cora not listening?.

ArchersTarget
05-15-19, 09:16
Care to interpret what you mean by Cora not listening?.I just think Cassidy says the right things and gets his team motivated and points blame if needed. Cora is kind of layed back and I'm not sure if he is manager material. I know he won a Championship but I think I could of coached that team with that much talent. I just don't like the way Cora goes about coaching as he has made a bunch of blunders that I didn't agree with but I will give him his Glory as the record doesn't lie. Time will tell.

MeatMan
05-15-19, 09:51
I just think Cassidy says the right things and gets his team motivated and points blame if needed. Cora is kind of layed back and I'm not sure if he is manager material. I know he won a Championship but I think I could of coached that team with that much talent. I just don't like the way Cora goes about coaching as he has made a bunch of blunders that I didn't agree with but I will give him his Glory as the record doesn't lie. Time will tell.You're comparing apples to oranges. He's a 1st-year manager who gave a toxic team some fresh air from John Farrel and won a championship. IMHO John was out of touch with the players and they couldn't wouldn't listen. Also, let's be serious here. This is the first time that Cora has faced some adversity in his managerial career. I think he will do what is needed to right the ship. The players do listen to him. Chris pitched a hell of a game last night despite the heartbreaking loss which I think amounts to something.

As for Cassidy, it's just a whole different makeup. Yes, he may say the right things but, what has he proven?. Again, I'm not a hockey guy but, from what I see and from the way he presents himself, he does have what Brady says all the time-laser focus. Given last nights win, the Bruins are hungry bears on a mission.

MeatMan
05-17-19, 10:13
Welcome to the Stanley Cup Finals once again B's. Marchand had a great game as did Bergy, Kuraly, Nords, McAvoy, Carlo, Clifton, Krug, and even Pasta came to play after the first period. What can you say about Tuukka?. He has been AMAZING!. Now, its time to rest up all those bumps and bruises while staying mentally and physically sharp.

Nrlmus
05-17-19, 13:48
Welcome to the Stanley Cup Finals once again B's. Marchand had a great game as did Bergy, Kuraly, Nords, McAvoy, Carlo, Clifton, Krug, and even Pasta came to play after the first period. What can you say about Tuukka?. He has been AMAZING!. Now, its time to rest up all those bumps and bruises while staying mentally and physically sharp.I just hope that Tukka stays in his form by the time the other series works itself out. Because if he plays like he played in last two series it wouldn't matter who we'd get. I'd make sure to work my magic on the guy next time I run into him at my Whole Foods LOL. I know that the guys in the meat counter always make sure that he gets best cuts, so they do their thing. No bear steaks (they're used to that in Finland) but Filet Mignon would have to do.

Talking about the other series. What a bummer was that overtime goal in the last game, eh? They got to start doing it the way they do it in international soccer now. In soccer if video review has any issues with the scored goal (and potential penalty kick) they transmit that to the referee on the field and he goes to take a look at the replay. They got to do that for the goals in hockey, at least for tying goals in say last 10 minutes of the game as well as in overtime. Even questionable baskets in basketball games get different video review treatment in the last minute of the game, especially in tight games. Why not tailor that to hockey?

MeatMan
05-22-19, 09:11
So, after watching the St. Louis Blues win the WCF, any Bruins fans have predictions?. Bruins are well, rested and bruises healed. I could imagine the Finals going a full 7 games. It would be great to finish them off early. I want to attend the parade plus head overseas!. It would be a great way to start the summah!. So, with that being said,

Bruins Sweep
Bruins in 5
Bruins in 6 or,

The full 7 game series?. Comments?

ArchersTarget
05-22-19, 10:55
So, after watching the St. Louis Blues win the WCF, any Bruins fans have predictions?. Bruins are well, rested and bruises healed. I could imagine the Finals going a full 7 games. It would be great to finish them off early. I want to attend the parade plus head overseas!. It would be a great way to start the summah!. So, with that being said,

Bruins Sweep
Bruins in 5
Bruins in 6 or,

The full 7 game series?. Comments?I'm going with Bruins in 6 but I haven't been right in any of the series. I never thought Boston would sweep Carolina.

Nrlmus
05-22-19, 12:57
I'm going with Bruins in 6 but I haven't been right in any of the series. I never thought Boston would sweep Carolina.Bruins in 6 or 7. They're rusty so they'd be losing the first game IMHO. StL is in the perfect position in that regard. They'd be well rested by Monday but not too rusty yet. It all depends on Tuukka. If he is back in the same form it may even be in 5. I'd be sure to relay him your best wishes next time I'd see him in the Whole Foods.

Sounds
05-22-19, 14:53

Bruins Sweep
Bruins in 5
Bruins in 6 or,

The full 7 game series?. Comments?I'm going with 5. Think they are too focused to lose more than one. Been playing real good hockey.

Assuming they are not going to be impacted by the long layoff and the extra free time is all positive.

MeatMan
05-28-19, 00:48
First things first. I would like to send my deepest condolences to the passing of Bill Buckner. Despite that ill famous moment in our lives that will be forever etched and, ALL Sox fans know what it is, he still was a great player and had the numbers to back it up. Life isn't fair. The poor guy was roasted for one bad moment in '86 after a stellar career. You win as a team and lose as one. He took the heat when McNamara should have for not putting in a defensive replacement for Buckner who was hobbled. Buckner also had teammates who also didn't get the job done that night. He's no longer with us and now is at peace. RIP, Bill.

The Bruins had to get rid of that cement in the boots sooner or later!. One period of rust and even that wasn't terrible, just not good. Getting down early was probably the best thing to happen for the Bruins, it woke them up. For all the forechecking I've heard for the past week, St. Louis sure didn't seem to have a lot of it. Obviously, a long way to go still but the bear is hopefully awake for the duration now. And no worries, Chara is fine. Just a boo boo. As a side note, I was down at the City Hall Viewing Party and man there were girls amongst the crowd in Bruins gear that looked damn sexy!.

ArchersTarget
05-28-19, 08:06
First things first. I would like to send my deepest condolences to the passing of Bill Buckner. Despite that ill famous moment in our lives that will be forever etched and, ALL Sox fans know what it is, he still was a great player and had the numbers to back it up. Life isn't fair. The poor guy was roasted for one bad moment in '86 after a stellar career. You win as a team and lose as one. He took the heat when McNamara should have for not putting in a defensive replacement for Buckner who was hobbled. Buckner also had teammates who also didn't get the job done that night. He's no longer with us and now is at peace. RIP, Bill.

The Bruins had to get rid of that cement in the boots sooner or later!. One period of rust and even that wasn't terrible, just not good. Getting down early was probably the best thing to happen for the Bruins, it woke them up. For all the forechecking I've heard for the past week, St. Louis sure didn't seem to have a lot of it. Obviously, a long way to go still but the bear is hopefully awake for the duration now. And no worries, Chara is fine. Just a boo boo. As a side note, I was down at the City Hall Viewing Party and man there were girls amongst the crowd in Bruins gear that looked damn sexy!.Very well said Meatman as Buckner was a hard nose player and was as gritty as they come. He had an outstanding career and his numbers show it. He was one of my all time favorites and he died with an awful disease that nobody wants to go through. I hope he can rest in peace as it's not easy playing in Boston. Go Bruins.

Sounds
05-28-19, 08:07

The Bruins had to get rid of that cement in the boots sooner or later!. One period of rust and even that wasn't terrible, just not good. Getting down early was probably the best thing to happen for the Bruins, it woke them up. For all the forechecking I've heard for the past week, St. Louis sure didn't seem to have a lot of it. Obviously, a long way to go still but the bear is hopefully awake for the duration now. And no worries, Chara is fine. Just a boo boo. As a side note, I was down at the City Hall Viewing Party and man there were girls amongst the crowd in Bruins gear that looked damn sexy!.Totally agree about Buckner. He should not have been in the game at that point, and there is plenty of blame to go around for bad managing and pitching. Just happened to be the last play so he got to stand out.

Bruins did have a poor first period. But totally outplayed the Blues the rest of the game. If the Bruins continue with that intensity St. Louis may still be looking for their first Stanley Cup finals win.

MeatMan
06-02-19, 14:54
Going to keep it short. This is my 1st time ever in the "Gateway City". Weather is great, food is good, and, of course, I'm here to see the Stanley Cup Playoffs. I watched the game at a sports bar called Fox Sports Midwest and, the place was PACKED with Blues fans. This is a HUGE deal for them. They haven't experienced anything like this since I was 4 years old. Of course, there were a few Bruins fans there that I had to give a high-5 to and, of COURSE, the ribbing and trash talkers. One hater had to open his gullet and say:

"Hey, you must be a Patriot fan!, fuck the Patriots and that cheatin' ass Tom Brady!". I, of course, wasn't going to let that slide. I countered back with:

MM: "Hey!, What's the difference between a Rams fan and a baby?. The baby will stop whining after awhile!"

I could hear a couple of Bruins fans saying: "Ooooooo!" All in all, it was fun and games. Didn't want to push it because I sure as hell knew I was in enemy territory. Anyways, I'll be here for a few days taking in the scenery and places to go. And some debauchery!. I'll post Monday night after the game.

MeatMan
06-06-19, 11:03
No comments since Monday?. Mk, guess I'll just chat with myself.

No excuses at this point. The Bruins have to find a way to score. Refs can't be controlled, scoring can. Dirty play and late hits? Maybe try stringing a couple passes together and take advantage of the moronic Blues players putting themselves continually out of position. Playing hurt? Yeah, well basically everyone on both teams are. Getting outhit? Hit them back!. The Bruins will win when it asserts itself physically. Of course, The Blues want the cup badly as do we. They are diving, trying to injure, and playing hungry. None of those things are going to change. They are what they are: a good team doing everything they can to win. The Bs are a better team, but are they as hungry? My feeling is they are. Go Bs!

Oh forgot, The Patriots will receive their Superbowl rings tonight!. Can't wait to see what those babies look like!.

ArchersTarget
06-07-19, 09:20
That was the worse officiating Iv'e seen in a long time. I know they wanted to put the whistle in their pocket but you can't get your head taken off or take your feet out from under you with a stick without getting a call. I know people are going to say you can't blame the refs for a loss but come on. This is what the NHL wants and they are getting it. Hopefully we see a game 7.

MeatMan
06-07-19, 09:46
That was the worse officiating Iv'e seen in a long time. I know they wanted to put the whistle in their pocket but you can't get your head taken off or take your feet out from under you with a stick without getting a call. I know people are going to say you can't blame the refs for a loss but come on. This is what the NHL wants and they are getting it. Hopefully, we'll see a game 7.The refs are moronic. That second goal sucked but Boston scored 1 goal and their powerplay was garbage. They played well in the first then had moments where they pressured well but, they needed their top guys to have a big game and their powerplay unit to come through, that simply didn't happen. Also, Pasta and Marchand need to get their heads out of their asses. Otherwise, this SCF is over!.

Nrlmus
06-07-19, 15:03
The refs are moronic. That second goal sucked but Boston scored 1 goal and their powerplay was garbage. They played well in the first then had moments where they pressured well but, they needed their top guys to have a big game and their powerplay unit to come through, that simply didn't happen. Also, Pasta and Marchand need to get their heads out of their asses. Otherwise, this SCF is over!.Yes, I thought that Bruins had it handed to them in this game, call or no call. The better team won.
I actually was quite unhappy when they blew StL away in game 3. Such results usually serve to motivate the losing side more then to help the winning one. I'm sure the old timers remember when the Celts demolished the Lakers in the first game of the finals only to lose the series. I'm sure Pat Riley used it as a rallying cry and pissed Magic and Co. To such an extent that they began to play much better than they probably would've otherwise. I hope the same thing doesn't happen this time.

Also, please, Cass, no more 7 defencemen shit! Chara will be fine, and even if he is not it's better to finish the game with 5 Ds then screw up the rotation where nobody really fully knows who they're playing with on at any point in time. I thought that was the main thing that f-ed us up in game 5. Bruins often looked as if there were lost, lost fluidity of movement, at least to me they did. We'll see if I'm right on Sunday.

Drewonhere
06-07-19, 15:05
The refs are moronic. That second goal sucked but Boston scored 1 goal and their powerplay was garbage. They played well in the first then had moments where they pressured well but, they needed their top guys to have a big game and their powerplay unit to come through, that simply didn't happen. Also, Pasta and Marchand need to get their heads out of their asses. Otherwise, this SCF is over!.Other than making that epic save, what has Krejci done in this series? Nada. Every guy on lines 1 and 2 got to get their heads out of there asses. PP opportunities are one thing but how's about scoring 5 v 5? Rask can't do any better. If the Bs win it, it will be due to Lines 3 and 4 imo.

StL responded after that hand pass lost them a game. Bs turn AGAIN, after they did it with that puck coming back from out of play that cost them. The NHL already added an additional ref and they still can't get it right, EVEN WITH replays. What a shit show this year. Bs strength has been their focus, tenacity to overcome adversity (injuries\blown calls) and adjust. I hope they can continue. StL is f_ckin hungry man. Bs got to be the Bs that got them this far.

MeatMan
06-09-19, 13:07
Expect the worst. Hope for the best. Bruins are more talented, but it hasn't shown through as much as I'd like. I'm still sour on the whole thing after game 5. If the B's pull off a win tonight, it will be monumental, kinda like when the Celts were down 3-1 to the Sixers in '81. Yeah, I go back that far!.

Sounds
06-09-19, 16:40
Expect the worst. Hope for the best. Bruins are more talented, but it hasn't shown through as much as I'd like. I'm still sour on the whole thing after game 5. If the B's pull off a win tonight, it will be monumental, kinda like when the Celts were down 3-1 to the Sixers in '81. Yeah, I go back that far!.Think the Bs play better when their backs against the wall. They were in the same situation in the Toronto series and pulled things out. Hoping for the best as well.

Drewonhere
06-10-19, 00:24
1st game 7 at home for the Bs.

Let's go BRU-INS!!

MeatMan
06-10-19, 09:16
I was at West End Johnnies watching the game and man o man, when 'Pasta' scored the 1st goal, the place went crazy!. The INCREDIBLE save by Rask & McAvoy had me and others had our ass puckers outside in!. That save was damn near immaculate!. Throughout the game, In all seriousness, the Bruins showed incredible resolve and belief in each other. Can't wait for Wednesday!. By my count, this will be the first-ever Game 7 for the Stanley Cup in Boston. That game will be FUCKING massive!.

Also "Big Papi" was shot at a club in his home country, the Dominican Republic. Some random fucking coward shoots him in the lower back. Thankfully, he will be ok.

HumptyHarley
06-10-19, 21:00
I was at West End Johnnies watching the game and man o man, when 'Pasta' scored the 1st goal, the place went crazy!. The INCREDIBLE save by Rask & McAvoy had me and others had our ass puckers outside in!. That save was damn near immaculate!. Throughout the game, In all seriousness, the Bruins showed incredible resolve and belief in each other. Can't wait for Wednesday!. By my count, this will be the first-ever Game 7 for the Stanley Cup in Boston. That game will be FUCKING massive!.

Also "Big Papi" was shot at a club in his home country, the Dominican Republic. Some random fucking coward shoots him in the lower back. Thankfully, he will be ok.Ummmm, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Marchand score the first goal? Pasta did get the assist though.

MeatMan
06-10-19, 21:12
Ummmm, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Marchand score the first goal? Pasta did get the assist though.Correction. Marchand got the 1st goal. And Patsa did get the assist. Sorry bout' that. I had a few drinks from last night. As a side note, I've been watching the news regarding Papi being flown to Boston to get the best treatment in the world. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

HumptyHarley
06-10-19, 21:26
Correction. Marchand got the 1st goal. And Patsa did get the assist. I had a few drinks from last night As a side note, I've been watching the news regarding Papi being flown to Boston to get the best treatment in the world. Hoping for a speedy recovery.Totally agree with the Papi sentiment. I had a few drinks myself, LOL.

MeatMan
06-12-19, 10:18
There will be a looooot of people calling in sick Thursday if the Bruins pull this off. Beers will be flowing, college kids will be out acting nuts, the Boston Common, TD Bank, Fenway area will be swamped. Of course, this is all an early prediction. Anyways, this is it!. The LAST NHL game of the year! The B's can't hold anything back now. Bruins will come out fucking swinging!. The TD Crowd will be pumped with adrenaline and it will be outright L-O-U-D!. Lets go, Bruins!.

By the way, if they do win, is the parade Saturday?. That would make a lot of sense!.

Longjblues
06-12-19, 14:33
Saw a billboard recently on Route One (Saugus? Malden?).

It said something to the effect, "Go Bruins. Win the Stanley Cup for all those four month old babies that haven't experienced a championship parade yet!

Should be a great game. Only fear is that the Blues don't care if they get suspended any games after this one, so they probably will be head hunting the whole night, and running at Rask.

There will be a looooot of people calling in sick Thursday if the Bruins pull this off. Beers will be flowing, college kids will be out acting nuts, the Boston Common, TD Bank, Fenway area will be swamped. Of course, this is all an early prediction. Anyways, this is it!. The LAST NHL game of the year! The B's can't hold anything back now. Bruins will come out fucking swinging!. The TD Crowd will be pumped with adrenaline and it will be outright L-O-U-D!. Lets go, Bruins!.

By the way, if they do win, is the parade Saturday?. That would make a lot of sense!.

MeatMan
06-13-19, 07:37
I'm at a loss for words. Great season but, a disappointing loss. To be fair, I'm more of a middle-of-the-road hockey fan and to see the true diehard Bruins fans heartbreak, I can understand that feeling.

Sounds
06-13-19, 14:09
The way the Bruins were attacking the Blues the first period, they should have had at least 2 goals.

Binnington made some great saves.

Just a few shots on goal by the Blues. 2 make it all the way through.

Stanley Cup all comes down to the hot goalie.

Longjblues
06-14-19, 13:47
Both 1st period goals demonstrate why the more talented team doesn't always win in Hockey. Rask had no real chance on either goal. He needed luck to stop those, and the luck was on Binnington side all night.

The real killer was Marchand choice to change up rather than cover his man into the defensive zone. Odd man rush always help the offense.

Bruins had better opportunities to score in first period, but nothing went in.

The way the Bruins were attacking the Blues the first period, they should have had at least 2 goals.

Binnington made some great saves.

Just a few shots on goal by the Blues. 2 make it all the way through.

Stanley Cup all comes down to the hot goalie.

OkWhatever
06-14-19, 13:55
Agree with everything you said. Bruins had a chance to score a few goals in the 1st. Blues goalie was just on a hot streak the whole game.

Both 1st period goals demonstrate why the more talented team doesn't always win in Hockey. Rask had no real chance on either goal. He needed luck to stop those, and the luck was on Binnington side all night.

The real killer was Marchand choice to change up rather than cover his man into the defensive zone. Odd man rush always help the offense.

Bruins had better opportunities to score in first period, but nothing went in.

ArchersTarget
06-14-19, 14:02

Bruins had better opportunities to score in first period, but nothing went in.The second goal was the killer but I thought the Bruins would come out and chip away at that lead but it didn't happen. We should of had at least 2 or 3 goals in the first period but like you said the luck was on Binnington. I know a lot of people say Rask chokes in the big games but there wouldn't be any big games if not for Rask. He was the best player in every series. We can point fingers at a lot of players but there is always next year to look forward to although I'm not sure the door will be wide open like it was this year. Let's go Sox.

Nrlmus
06-14-19, 18:54
When a goalie is in the zone you can stand on your head if you wish it won't be happening.

Also, soft ice always works in favor of the power team and against the finesse and/or speedy team because it slows the game down and makes puck bouncy and even more unpredictable. I thought it came through crystal clear in that game, and in fact in other games of the series too. They should mount some more ACs into Boston Garden. I think if the game would've been played in StL we'd have a different result.

MeatMan
06-20-19, 07:40
This is just a quick post on my thoughts on this whole triangle with "Big Papi".

A drug kingpin has been named in the shooting of David from reading the international news and not from the Boston medias point of view. My question is, why would Papi put himself in harms way over some pussy?. Power?. Ego?. His mindset of being untouchable?. Look, If you're fucking a gangsters side chick, don't come crying when it ends badly!. Again, there's so much he-say, she-say in the media, that it's giving me a headache.

The woman named in the shooting is Maria Yeribell Martinez Garcia. An Instagram model (if there's such a thing). She is sexy but, not worth having my black ass or ANYBODY's in the hospital over from drug lords pussy!. Papi brought this woman an 84 k Lexus. Like, WTF?. Tiffany Ortiz is probably pissed right now.

Side note: My brother will be going to the DR in a couple of months and the prices for hotel rooms and bungalows have plummeted. The going rate was $40USD a night for a huge upstairs/downstairs house!, Including breakfast, pool, the whole shebang. This is an excellent time go to if you're not intimidated by the media's coverage on not only David's incident but, the several deaths(9 as of recent) that have been happening in the Dominican Republic. It has truly been a mess.

Current exchange rate vs the USD as seen on XE.com:
1 DOP = 0.0197753 USD
1 USD = 50.5681 DOP

Yeah, he'll have a fucking blast.

Nrlmus
06-21-19, 00:08
Side note: My brother will be going to the DR in a couple of months and the prices for hotel rooms and bungalows have plummeted. The going rate was $40USD a night for a huge upstairs/downstairs house!, Including breakfast, pool, the whole shebang. This is an excellent time go to if you're not intimidated by the media's coverage on not only David's incident but, the several deaths(9 as of recent) that have been happening in the Dominican Republic. It has truly been a mess.

Current exchange rate vs the USD as seen on XE.com:
1 DOP = 0.0197753 USD
1 USD = 50.5681 DOP

Yeah, he'll have a fucking blast.I think it's some fellow Caribbean islander trying to divert tourist traffic away from Dominicana and hopefully to his / her island by poisoning random Americans. If I'd be Dominicans I'd concentrate on some place nearby currently trying to develop or recover its tourist industry. I'd say latest hurricanes might be the answer. I might look for answers in Puerto Rico.

MeatMan
06-30-19, 12:53
I like the move. Anyone else?. Its not like the Celtics are blowing the whole thing up, it's a rebuild.

ArchersTarget
06-30-19, 18:16
I like the move. Anyone else?. Its not like the Celtics are blowing the whole thing up, it's a rebuild.I like the move also but Kyrie is much better and losing Horford is a killer. I think Stevens is the problem as he has no respect from his players. I think he's another Patino and can't coach in the NBA. Walker won't be enough as we need one more top tier guy and I don't think we are getting one.

MeatMan
07-03-19, 06:34
I like the move also but Kyrie is much better and losing Horford is a killer. I think Stevens is the problem as he has no respect from his players. I think he's another Patino and can't coach in the NBA. Walker won't be enough as we need one more top tier guy and I don't think we are getting one.A couple of years back people were claiming Kyrie is more skilled, more clutch and more mentally tough for the playoff games. I didn't see it in the semis with Miluakee. I don't think Brad Stevens was the problem regarding the Celtics, the WHOLE starting roster was the issue. Too many inflated egos and individuals wanting the ball. That, of course, creates a somewhat toxic environment. I for one am glad Kyrie left. The Celtics don't need that headache. Let Brooklyn deal with them.

Longjblues
07-13-19, 14:55
The Celtic entry is so much fun to watch.

Rookies, Robert Williams and 7'6 Fall have offered some decent basketball.

MeatMan
07-14-19, 16:31
The Celtic entry is so much fun to watch.

Rookies, Robert Williams, and 7'6 Fall have offered some decent basketball.Boston better sign this kid and let veteran bigs or even retired bigs on the Celtics staff teach this kid how to move his footwork on low post games and build this kid into the next Shaquille O'Neal. He could be amazing, I'm telling ya!. He's got the potential. I'm rooting for the big guy. Also, Tacko's underrated quality is his ability to understand plays. He is hardly in a bad position. Give him a great coach and a game-plan and this guy is set. He could be that 'diamond in the rough'.

Nrlmus
07-14-19, 16:42
Boston better sign this kid and let veteran bigs or even retired bigs on the Celtics staff teach this kid how to move his footwork on low post games and build this kid into the next Shaquille O'Neal. He could be amazing, I'm telling ya!. He's got the potential. I'm rooting for the big guy. Also, Tacko's underrated quality is his ability to understand plays. He is hardly in a bad position. Give him a great coach and a game-plan and this guy is set. He could be that 'diamond in the rough'.Yes, he could be your next Hakeem Olajuwon but he also could be your next Manute Bol.

Spike77
07-14-19, 18:18
Yes, he could be your next Hakeem Olajuwon but he also could be your next Manute Bol.Tacko has more weight on him then Manute. Manute was too frail and would get pushed out of his spots. That being said, Manute still had an NBA career. Like they say. "You can't teach 7'6". " Tacko can dunk without leaving his feet. How many other NBA players can do that? Zero. The problem with guys that size is their bodies can't hold up over time.

MeatMan
07-16-19, 10:28
Tacko has more weight on him then Manute. Manute was too frail and would get pushed out of his spots. That being said, Manute still had an NBA career. Like they say. "You can't teach 7'6". " Tacko can dunk without leaving his feet. How many other NBA players can do that? Zero. The problem with guys that size is their bodies can't hold up over time.I was watching Felger and Mazz last night talking about Tacko and they were just crapping on him the whole time. Bunch of armchair experts. God, I want someone to punch Felger and Marhsall Hook in the mouth!.

Sounds
07-16-19, 10:33
I was watching Felger and Mazz last night talking about Tacko and they were just crapping on him the whole time. Bunch of armchair experts. God, I want someone to punch Felger and Marhsall Hook in the mouth!.Actually liked Felger when he first came to Boston. He turned into a big douche since then. Or probably always was and just was on his best behaviour in the begining.

MeatMan
08-13-19, 13:49
You guys are probably unaware but, 98.5 The Sports Hub is celebrating their 10th anniversary on the air. I became an instant fan when it was broadcasted on the FM dial. Prior to the Sports Hub, it was nothing but WEEI. WWMG and another sports-themed station that I forget couldn't compete with WEEI. I tried listening to it back then but, the signal sucked. Anyway, the mornings it was Don Imus, "The Big Show w / The Big-O" Glenn Ordway and I forget who was on the evening dial. Good times and laughs. So, if you listen to sports radio, did you instantly switch to 98.5 or are you a mainstay at WEEI?.

DougF
08-13-19, 14:00
You guys are probably unaware but, 98.5 The Sports Hub is celebrating their 10th anniversary on the air. I became an instant fan when it was broadcasted on the FM dial. Prior to the Sports Hub, it was nothing but WEEI. WWMG and another sports-themed station that I forget couldn't compete with WEEI. I tried listening to it back then but, the signal sucked. Anyway, the mornings it was Don Imus, "The Big Show w / The Big-O" Glenn Ordway and I forget who was on the evening dial. Good times and laughs. So, if you listen to sports radio, did you instantly switch to 98.5 or are you a mainstay at WEEI?.I like 98.5 better than WEEI but it's teally not saying much. I hate the culture of hot takes and I now listen more to podcast than radio. I also can't stand when the mid day or delver and mass talking about basketball. They know absolutely nothing about the sport and I have to change the station every time.

Sounds
08-13-19, 14:41
You guys are probably unaware but, 98.5 The Sports Hub is celebrating their 10th anniversary on the air. I became an instant fan when it was broadcasted on the FM dial. Prior to the Sports Hub, it was nothing but WEEI. WWMG and another sports-themed station that I forget couldn't compete with WEEI. I tried listening to it back then but, the signal sucked. Anyway, the mornings it was Don Imus, "The Big Show w / The Big-O" Glenn Ordway and I forget who was on the evening dial. Good times and laughs. So, if you listen to sports radio, did you instantly switch to 98.5 or are you a mainstay at WEEI?.Listen to sports radio in the car. Ended up listening on Sirius / XM which have had for longer than 10 years.

Sounds
08-13-19, 14:45
Might be a little early to start this. But someone will take the blame for the Red Sox season and be gone.

My vote goes to LeVangie. When you have a staff pitching like crap, including your aces, Sale and Porcello, seems like an obvious first choice.

MeatMan
08-14-19, 14:03
Might be a little early to start this. But someone will take the blame for the Red Sox season and be gone.

My vote goes to LeVangie. When you have a staff pitching like crap, including your aces, Sale, and Porcello, seems like an obvious first choice.I have very little expectations for change in 2020. Minimal roster turnover (not that overhauls are needed). I expect minimal coaching changes. I absolutely don't expect any bullpen acquisitions (Which has pissed me off all season!). I also believe it's time to non-tender Bradley (unless a trade can be worked out prior). I think it might actually be necessary to trade Betts, but that depends on a lot of financial stuff of which I have only cursory knowledge. I also expect neither of those things to happen. I'm not expecting a change in 2020. Not in players. Not in staff. And not in the standings.

The Sox KNEW what they were getting in Dombrowski. There are rumblings that he'll get the ax as well despite what he's done last season.

Longjblues
08-15-19, 00:15
I have been listening more and more to music rather than sports. Couldn't listen to Callahan on weei, and Sports hub crew in 6 to 10 slot just laughing hysterically at mundane crap all the time. Midday on Sports hub and 2 to 6 on weei are the shows I prefer. Maz & Felger make me want to scream. Felger knows nothing about sports and Maz is alway negative about everything Boston sports. They are just two trolls on the radio. The radio personalities are the story and the topics rather than the sports and athletes. It's constant on air drama is just total bs.

Thus, listening to music now, more often than not.

You guys are probably unaware but, 98.5 The Sports Hub is celebrating their 10th anniversary on the air. I became an instant fan when it was broadcasted on the FM dial. Prior to the Sports Hub, it was nothing but WEEI. WWMG and another sports-themed station that I forget couldn't compete with WEEI. I tried listening to it back then but, the signal sucked. Anyway, the mornings it was Don Imus, "The Big Show w / The Big-O" Glenn Ordway and I forget who was on the evening dial. Good times and laughs. So, if you listen to sports radio, did you instantly switch to 98.5 or are you a mainstay at WEEI?.

MeatMan
08-15-19, 14:12
I have been listening more and more to music rather than sports. Couldn't listen to Callahan on weei, and Sports hub crew in 6 to 10 slot just laughing hysterically at mundane crap all the time. Midday on Sports hub and 2 to 6 on weei are the shows I prefer. Maz & Felger make me want to scream. Felger knows nothing about sports and Maz is alway negative about everything Boston sports. They are just two trolls on the radio. The radio personalities are the story and the topics rather than the sports and athletes. It's constant on air drama is just total bs.

Thus, listening to music now, more often than not.Listen to this. From last year, Fred Toucher absolutely CHEWS out Kirk Minihane and it was well deserved. Kirk is a fuckwit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAm1GZyvDjU

Here's another. Howard Stern giving a virtual tongue-lash of Dennis & Callahan from 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZNkoa_nM9I

Skatar018
08-15-19, 18:46
There's enough real life drama without it being forced fed on the radio.

Football is the only sport I religiously follow, & I swear that if the NFLPA don't take away Goodell's dictatorship of having the last word on what punishment is handed out to who for what in the next CBA (collective bargaining agreement) in 2021 then I'll be done with football, or at least when the Belichick & Brady era is over.

I'd even support a NFL strike over the issue, christ I hate want to be sport casters & there's not many I will listen to, mostly I mute the TV. I used to loving listening to Gil Santos on the radio while watching a game, may he rest in peace, I miss that man.

The radio personalities are the story and the topics rather than the sports and athletes. It's constant on air drama is just total bs.
Thus, listening to music now, more often than not.

MeatMan
08-25-19, 12:23
I've said it a few times and I still stand by it, Fuck the Colts, their dumb ass fans and, the front office. Ever since 'Deflategate' and having TB12 suspended for 4 games and that 1 million dollar fine. I wish that team misery as long as I breathe. Anyone recall Jim Irsay joining the competition committee back in 05-06?. He joined all because he wanted to change the rules on coverage all because he couldn't beat our defense. Within two years, they go to Superbowl XLI and win it. Personally, straight up ***** move. Fuck him!.

Regarding how quarterbacks are protected, let's get real here, in the NFL, The O-Line is the most key positions in football and Andrew Luck was a really talented quarterback who got wasted away because of years of not having a good offensive line coach. THEY were horrible!. That's what happens when a team doesn't invest in protecting their QB until it's too late. He just wasn't protected well enough. Notice how the Patriots hardly never have a bad line?. Notice how Tom Brady is still playing at his highest level at 42?. On a personal note, I wish Andrew the best. He did everything he could especially the first 5 years in his career with a shit offensive line. Good luck to him. For the AFC South, I could see the Texans taking the division but, Deshaun Watson is out for the season. Could the Jags take it with Foles?. The Titans?.

Fuck The Colts and their stupid ass fans though. I wonder if Bill could pull Andrew out of retirement to join us when he heals?. That would STICK it to the Colts. Fuckin' cocksuckers...

MeatMan

HumptyHarley
08-25-19, 12:47
I've said it a few times and I still stand by it, Fuck the Colts, their dumb ass fans and, the front office. Ever since 'Deflategate' and having TB12 suspended for 4 games and that 1 million dollar fine. I wish that team misery as long as I breathe. Anyone recall Jim Irsay joining the competition committee back in 05-06?. He joined all because he wanted to change the rules on coverage all because he couldn't beat our defense. Within two years, they go to Superbowl XLI and win it. Personally, straight up ***** move. Fuck him!.

Regarding how quarterbacks are protected, let's get real here, in the NFL, The O-Line is the most key positions in football and Andrew Luck was a really talented quarterback who got wasted away because of years of not having a good offensive line coach. THEY were horrible!. That's what happens when a team doesn't invest in protecting their QB until it's too late. He just wasn't protected well enough. Notice how the Patriots hardly never have a bad line?. Notice how Tom Brady is still playing at his highest level at 42?. On a personal note, I wish Andrew the best. He did everything he could especially the first 5 years in his career with a shit offensive line. Good luck to him. For the AFC South, I could see the Texans taking the division but, Deshaun Watson is out for the season. Could the Jags take it with Foles?. The Titans?.

Fuck The Colts and their stupid ass fans though. I wonder if Bill could pull Andrew out of retirement to join us when he heals?. That would STICK it to the Colts. Fuckin' cocksuckers...

MeatManGreat post MeatMan especially the last paragraph! GO PATS!

Nrlmus
08-25-19, 13:41

MeatManActually I somewhat disagree with you here Meat. Last year when I was watching KC giving it to the Colts I thought that the Colts' offensive line was doing a hell of a job protecting Luck vs. Pretty damn good KC defense. I remember myself thinking that finally the Colts got someone who cares about their QB coaching them, actually a former QB himself. I thought that Luck had plenty of time with a ball and for the first time since I can remember didn't have to use his legs excessively to make a completion. In fact I picked Colts over KC as a likely team that Tommy should worrying about the most this year. So I really don't dig this retirement at all.

I think Luck's injuries just into his head and maybe he was thinking of RG3 too much, who was really fucked by his stupid ass coach IMHO, the coach that gave RG3 way too much freedom as a rookie. I would've benched RG3 after his 3rd rushing sack and tell him 'you either stay in the pocket young man or find yourself another line of work before you turn cripple". RG3 BTW, to his credit got healthy and went from being 'young and stupid' to 'wise and cool' and is still trying to come back (respect! In fact I think we should bring him here to back up Tommy. Something tells me that today's RG3 would do well in Belichick's system.

MeatMan
08-25-19, 14:45
I think Luck's injuries just into his head and maybe he was thinking of RG3 too much, who was really fucked by his stupid ass coach IMHO, the coach that gave RG3 way too much freedom as a rookie. I would've benched RG3 after his 3rd rushing sack and tell him 'you either stay in the pocket young man or find yourself another line of work before you turn cripple". RG3 BTW, to his credit got healthy and went from being 'young and stupid' to 'wise and cool' and is still trying to come back (respect! In fact, I think we should bring him here to back up Tommy. Something tells me that today's RG3 would do well in Belichick's system.Truly amazing that the Colts had two of the best / most promising QB's of their generation in the last 20 years and have one Super Bowl to show for it. I like Luck and this really does suck for him but, the Colts failed him. Irsay deserves this. If this had happened to the Pats, I think they'd still have a winning season with Stidham. Granted the divisions are very different but Irsay never helped out Luck. They only recently started to build the O-Line. Should've gotten Luck a running game from the start. It all starts with ownership. For GR3, It took one season for NFL defenses to figure him out. Mike and Kyle Shanahan developed an offensive scheme that utilized Griffin's gift-the ability to create split-second indecision as to whether he will run, pass, or handoff, perfectly. Then the injury took away the threat, and he was not a pocket passer. Frankly, Shanahan and the Redskins owner fucked up RG3's career and he hasn't been the same since.

Nrlmus
08-26-19, 00:52
Truly amazing that the Colts had two of the best / most promising QB's of their generation in the last 20 years and have one Super Bowl to show for it. I like Luck and this really does suck for him but, the Colts failed him. Irsay deserves this. If this had happened to the Pats, I think they'd still have a winning season with Stidham. Granted the divisions are very different but Irsay never helped out Luck. They only recently started to build the O-Line. Should've gotten Luck a running game from the start. It all starts with ownership. I still think that Frank Reich was in the process of making Colts right for Luck, and in a year or sooner Luck will regret his decision. I wouldn't be surprised if Luck would try to come back to another team but be a shadow of what he is now.

For GR3, It took one season for NFL defenses to figure him out. Mike and Kyle Shanahan developed an offensive scheme that utilized Griffin's gift-the ability to create split-second indecision as to whether he will run, pass, or handoff, perfectly. Then the injury took away the threat, and he was not a pocket passer. Frankly, Shanahan and the Redskins owner fucked up RG3's career and he hasn't been the same since.Right. But I knew RG3's carrier would be short when I first time saw him taking a hit or a sack. He'd always take it on the head or get whacked on the run, in short in the worst way possible, instead of sliding legs first under the approaching defencemen. RG3 wasn't build to be a running back and obviously wasn't really trained as a running back too. It was coach's responsibility to put overconfident (and cocky) youth in his place and tell him to do it the right way or sit out the game. Shanahan could've afforded to do it too with Cousins as a backup. Nobody is your greater enemy than you yourself, especially when you're still young and feel yourself invincible. At those times you need older and wiser hand to put you in the corner in order to be saved from yourself. If Shanahan felt uncomfortable with doing it himself, he could've outsourced it to a respected vet or something, may be even phoned Elway to have him speak to the kid. In any case it pains me to see a good talented and smart guy going down in such a stupid way. I'm sure you've noticed the way Tommy began taking sacks after he missed a season with an injury. He began doing it way before they started to water down the D. That skill is probably the main reason why he's still playing.

Brunter
08-26-19, 04:45
Colts are a shit franchise ran by complete morons. I hope andrew luck fucking blasts them for being so unprofessional and so inept LOL.

Sucks that someone with so much talent has to leave the league early because the team he played for wasnt capable of keeping the guy safe LOL. Fuck the colts. Literally one of the most shit organizations in all of sports LOL.

Skatar018
08-26-19, 20:11
I must of missed that some how, when did that happen? I searched googled & went to the NFL & Houston site but couldn't find anything thing about Watson being out for the season. Funny thing is he played briefly in Saturdays preseason game against the Cowboys, did he get hurt during the game or after? I know their running back Lamar Miller tore his ACL, but nothing about Watson getting hurt.

Could you link to the info about it? Thanks.

I could see the Texans taking the division but, Deshaun Watson is out for the season. MeatMan

Sounds
08-27-19, 07:53
I must of missed that some how, when did that happen? I searched googled & went to the NFL & Houston site but couldn't find anything thing about Watson being out for the season. Funny thing is he played briefly in Saturdays preseason game against the Cowboys, did he get hurt during the game or after? I know their running back Lamar Miller tore his ACL, but nothing about Watson getting hurt.

Could you link to the info about it? Thanks.Actually think he was injured last year and out for the season then. Coming off injury this year.

MeatMan
08-27-19, 09:37

Could you link to the info about it? Thanks.CORRECTION: My mistake. The old noggin went through a blur and I mentioned Deshawn. I actually meant Lamar. How his injury will impact the Texans running game?.

Skatar018
08-27-19, 20:40
Seems sudden impact is always affecting Houston, with Watson getting hurt last season (after finding a good QB) & Watts can't seem to make it through a full season (good guy & player).

Now Clowney holding out & looks like a trade is forthcoming & the injury to Lamar, just when it seemed Houston had maybe all the pieces to the puzzle bang it goes to shit again.

They may be able to pick someone up for the running game but it won't be as good as with Lamar out there. I figured they'd make a run for the division title especially after hearing about Luck retiring.

If Houston can get a half way decent running game & get Watson back on track they still have a shot at the division but not going to the SB as there are too many better teams in the AFC.

It's one of the things I really like about football, the unpredictability of the game!

CORRECTION: My mistake. The old noggin went through a blur and I mentioned Deshawn. I actually meant Lamar. How his injury will impact the Texans running game?.

MeatMan
09-06-19, 13:52
To me, It's not the right moment. This fool will be looking for top dollar still since he gets "no respect. " The Pats will have to wait until the offseason when all he can get is a one-year prove-it deal and he's been humbled. Not sure if he'll make it here mentally. We demand top performance. HOWEVER, if he gets cut, I see BB kicking the tires on him and offering a one year NSA contract that's loaded with incentives, with zero guarantees.

On a more sensible side and yes, It looks hypocritical for me to type this but AB is a fucking toxic child and I emphasize the word 'child'.

The child has quit on 2 teams in the past 9 months.
The child has been the mother of all distractions for the two teams he eventually quit on.
The child vents every thought and frustration through social media, with his tantrums reading as if he is illiterate and a special needs candidate.
The child publicly abused management who happens to be a BB confidante.
The child would have to accept a reduced contract, agree to unprecedented conduct terms, and check his ego at the door. All non-starters for this petulant type A psycho.

Other than that.

Former Patriot Jacoby Brissett and Brian Hoyer getting sweet deals from the dolt, er umm, I meant Colts. Great for them, but call it an insurance policy or, once mans trash is another man's treasure!. LOL.

J. C. Jackson comments on Ju Ju Smith is not what the Patriots stand for and, I am sure BB is pissed about that. Imagine the walk to the front office getting chewed out by "The Hoodie" on that subject. *urgh*.

The final score for the Pats VS Steelers.

Us 31.

Them 17.

GO PATS!.

MeatMan
09-07-19, 18:03
AB Signs with the Patriots. H-O-L-Y Shit. LMAO!. I can't contain my emotions now. We're signing this psycho child? AND WE PLAY PITTSBURGH TOMORROW!.

Un-fucking-believable!.

HumptyHarley
09-07-19, 19:05
AB Signs with the Patriots. H-O-L-Y Shit. LMAO!. I can't contain my emotions now. We're signing this psycho child? AND WE PLAY PITTSBURGH TOMORROW!.

Un-fucking-believable!.Not sure yet how I feel about the signing but hey most thought getting Randy Moss was a mistake. They signed him for either 15 or 16 million so he can't bith about the money. If they get another Super Bowl win, then it was worth it.

Nrlmus
09-07-19, 20:19
Don't want to jinx it but I think for the first time since "that" season I can actually see them going for the perfect season again, and I actually thought that before they signed AB, when they got Demaryius Thomas to hedge Josh's unpredictability. What would it have to be 19:0? 1972 Miami my ass.

Tom and Giselle are selling their NE home. If Pats go 19:0 I think Tom is done. At least he'd be done here. I still think he might later resurface and try to get one more for his hometown team since I think Garoppolo is too fragile to last 5 games, let alone the whole season.

In any case, I think AB should fit fine here. Remember the troublemaker Corey Dillon? No trouble here. There seemed to be many players that were unhappy with the coach in Pittsburgh. Le'Veon Bell? How can you lose a player like that?! Than AB. James Harrison before that. Something is off in their organizationally. I don't think Ben was the problem.

As for the Raiders obviously AB wasn't going to deal with the "lucky Superbowl" Gruden too and his Raiders that are going nowhere. Remember, Gruden won SB with Tony Dungy's Tampa against his former team whose playbook he obviously knew by heart since he was the one to devise it in the first place.
I think AB'd be fine with Tom and Bill. He knows that he might be AB but it's the Edelman's team as far as receiving corps go. If Josh Gordon has to play "team" and James Harrison had to play "team", AB would be just fine with doing the same. I'm sure all the formers like Randy Moss, Rodney and the gang might also get a chance to whisper into AB's ear about how lucky (and privileged) he should consider himself to be.

I also have a feeling that James Harrison might've had something to do with all of this too: it was like "yo'bro, you get your ass out of Pissburg and no matter where they send you you start throwing tantrums the minute you get there so they'd release your butt and than we'd pick you up". Do you think it's unlikely? I don't.

Longjblues
09-07-19, 23:42
Brown is a total head case, but in Bill we trust.

However, Brown still needs to gain the trust of TB, and stay out of trouble. Not sure he can do that for 16 plus games.

I was thinking this was the most talented Pats team for the past 15 years, before they got Brown.

Nrlmus
09-08-19, 03:26
Brown is a total head case, but in Bill we trust.

However, Brown still needs to gain the trust of TB, and stay out of trouble. Not sure he can do that for 16 plus games.

I was thinking this was the most talented Pats team for the past 15 years, before they got Brown.I don't know. I agree with this article 100%. And I gloat at every word of it.

https://sports.yahoo.com/this-is-why-everyone-hates-you-new-england-000844442.html

And again I'd like to bring up Corey Dillon, and Randy Moss for that matter too.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2852831-antonio-brown-ready-to-fit-in-with-patriots-culture-says-agent-drew-rosenhaus

19:0. Let's just pray that Eli all of the sudden won't find his third wind.

Skatar018
09-08-19, 04:14
It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

AB is a boat full of talent & a head full of crazy.

To me this more about the money with AB than him wanting a SuperBowl ring.

If I'm not mistaken he's making more than Tom Brady & that's just wrong.

His contract with the Raiders will be going through litigation before he see much if any of the money he signed for.

Not sure if AB had much say in the trade to the Raiders, hopefully he's with the team he wants to be with, if so, can he live with the ball being spread around with him perhaps not getting the lion share of targets? I hope so! Now if the diva can just keep his mouth shut & get back to playing football we'll be alright, if not then send him packing.

Corey Dillion proved his worth time & again, good pickup & it worked out for all concerned.

With Randy Moss we never won a superbowl with him on the team & when he started with his mouth about getting paid it was bye bye greedy guy, very talented & him & Tom set a NFL record in 2007.

Darrelle Revis came for a ring but he was never a Patriot, did his job & we won a SuperBowl with him.

Anyone remember Albert Haynesworth, he didn't work out so well with the Pats or anyone for that matter.

With all the talent at the receiver position will it help or hurt? Especially in the running game.

Josh is going to have his hands full figuring out the offensive scheme, which he eventually will & it should be a lot of fun to watch.

BiggaDick
09-08-19, 06:35
Now imagine if Rob Gronkowski regains his love for football. It could be what we hoped the Gronk / Hernandez combo could have been.

I don't know. I agree with this article 100%. And I gloat at every word of it.

https://sports.yahoo.com/this-is-why-everyone-hates-you-new-england-000844442.html

And again I'd like to bring up Corey Dillon, and Randy Moss for that matter too.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2852831-antonio-brown-ready-to-fit-in-with-patriots-culture-says-agent-drew-rosenhaus

19:0. Let's just pray that Eli all of the sudden won't find his third wind.

MeatMan
09-08-19, 13:22
I read a lot that the Pats are a System team. Well if that's friggin' true, why hasn't anyone figured out the System and copied it?

It hasn't been copied because it takes hard work and commitment by a core of superstar players like Brady, Edelman, White, Hightower, Van Noy, etc. to implement and keep it going from season to season!. These pansy assed players today think they can just show up and play when they feel like it, just ask the one in Detroit where Matt Patricia is trying to install a winning attitude (the Patriot way) for the first time in decades but has been met with nothing but resistance from most of the players!. Golden Tate was the first non-complier and got shipped out, sending a message to the team. If the preseason is any indicator, this year won't be any better!.

As for AB, Steelers, and Raiders football forums are P-I-S-S-E-D that AB is playing for us. Their salty tears are delicious!. LMAO!.

Nrlmus
09-09-19, 01:17
Now imagine if Rob Gronkowski regains his love for football. It could be what we hoped the Gronk / Hernandez combo could have been.Do you mean in tandem with Ben Watson unretiring to return to the Pats?

ArchersTarget
09-09-19, 19:47
Now that they got rid of Dumbroski they should maybe take a look at getting rid of Cora. He has no desire to light a fire under this team. With all the talent we have I think even I could set a lineup. I'm not sure if he is manager material. Just my 2 cents and frustration.

Longjblues
09-09-19, 22:14
The Red Sox won the championship last year, with Cora as their first year manager.

They had a perceived and well publicized limitation/shortage in their bullpen all that year.

They overcame their bullpen limitation during the playoff run, by relying on the starters to pitch from the bullpen on their off days between starts.

The Red Sox lost their closer, Kimbrel, and their best bullpen pitcher, Kelly, in the off season.

The Red Sox failed to replace Kimbrel and Kelly, or add any quality arms to the bullpen. Their starters were worn out from playoff run, and never really pitched all that well this season.

The Red Sox this season have led or been in top three in all offensive categories.

You don't think Cora is manager material, based on the overall performance of the Red Sox this year. IMHO, you have not been paying attention or really don't understand the game of baseball, and stop listening to Felger and Maz. Two guys that dont have a clue about any sports, and are clearly just talking head radio trolls.

Now that they got rid of Dumbroski they should maybe take a look at getting rid of Cora. He has no desire to light a fire under this team. With all the talent we have I think even I could set a lineup. I'm not sure if he is manager material. Just my 2 cents and frustration.

MeatMan
09-11-19, 11:01
Here we go again with the BS. So this woman put herself in a position to be raped by AB on 3 separate occasions. Sure you fucking scumbag kunt, Sure.

https://dailysnark.com/leaked-direct-messages-suggest-antonio-brown-is-being-extorted-with-fake-sexual-assault-claim/

MeatMan
09-17-19, 13:05
Let's have a little fun, shall we?. Most of us here are fully aware of what happened in 2007 and that ever lingering stinging loss to the Giants, ending what could have been a perfect season. So, here we are in 2019 and the talk around town (Saw the commercial on NBC Sports) is the Patriots possibly going undefeated this season. So, I ask all of you, would you rather have a perfect season en route to the Superbowl or three more super bowls?. Lets hear it!.

Nrlmus
09-17-19, 14:28
Let's have a little fun, shall we?. Most of us here are fully aware of what happened in 2007 and that ever lingering stinging loss to the Giants, ending what could have been a perfect season. So, here we are in 2019 and the talk around town (Saw the commercial on NBC Sports) is the Patriots possibly going undefeated this season. So, I ask all of you, would you rather have a perfect season en route to the Superbowl or three more super bowls?. Lets hear it!.I think it's very possible (I already talked about it in one of my posts below) but I think there'd be an emergency NFL competition committee conference right afterwards. A lot of rule changes would follow in regards to who can sign with who and under what circumstances.

The way AB "drama"ed his way out of Oakland so he can sign with us (really with Tom) should give everybody a pause. This team was basically 19:0 bound before AB showed up with Dorsett (seemingly) coming out strong, and Josh (hopefully) keeping himself on track. Now with AB, and an apparently hyper motivated AB at that too, even if one of our 4 potent receivers goes down (or AB starts causing issues again and is quickly let go), the team still wouldn't miss a beat.

And don't forget Ben Watson is coming back and I have a feeling that he'd do quite well here again, and-eh, watch for Gronk towards the middle of the season. If it becomes apparent that there is a strong chance of 19:0 I bet he'd want to be a part of that team, and for some sort of veteran's minimum too.

MeatMan
09-17-19, 15:09
I think it's very possible (I already talked about it in one of my posts below) but I think there'd be an emergency NFL competition committee conference right afterwards. A lot of rule changes would follow in regards to who can sign with who and under what circumstances.

The way AB "drama"ed his way out of Oakland so he can sign with us (really with Tom) should give everybody a pause. This team was basically 19:0 bound before AB showed up with Dorsett (seemingly) coming out strong, and Josh (hopefully) keeping himself on track. Now with AB, and an apparently hyper motivated AB at that too, even if one of our 4 potent receivers goes down (or AB starts causing issues again and is quickly let go), the team still wouldn't miss a beat.

And don't forget Ben Watson is coming back and I have a feeling that he'd do quite well here again, and-eh, watch for Gronk towards the middle of the season. If it becomes apparent that there is a strong chance of 19:0 I bet he'd want to be a part of that team, and for some sort of veteran's minimum too.To be real, I think they're just trying to position themselves with the best chance to win each game and the one at the end of the year. It's hard to imagine someone like Bill saying, "Alright. We've accomplished just about all there is. Let's make 19-0 a goal now". In a weird way, I think the 07 Pats may have been better off losing a game or two during the season. They didn't face a lot of adversity during the season. And they got caught up trying to win Madden style. It worked well until they faced adversity and couldn't adjust against a defense capable of taking away what they did best. The AB move does feel like more of a "win now" type of play though. Maybe deep down, Bill and Tom would love to have it happen whether they'd admit it or not, but it just seems like, at the end of the day, a Super Bowl win on it's own takes precedence over any sort of style points that go along with it. Oh!, and let's not forget N'keal Harry returning soon after his injury as well. This is a SCARY team, man.

This whole thing regarding AB is crazy!. First, it's laughable to think it actually lasted 10 hours. 10 hours of her giving testimony?, Yak OK. The fact that this was leaked to CNN and not some NFL media says it likely doesn't come from the league office and was probably leaked by her attorneys or as posted above it's coming from a Broncos fan no-name at CNN and not some higher on the food chain? So it's questionable at best. So it was out there for 3 hours and no one picked up on it. She also could have given them nothing more than what's in her lawsuit. No have no clue of knowing that. What a fucking circus!

Skatar018
09-20-19, 19:51
That didn't take long, Brown is gone, Demaryius Thomas went to the Jets, n'Keal Harry on IR, things got real thin at WR very quickly, we were stacked, now not so much.

I know it's only the Jets, but going forward I have some concerns, I for one was so looking forward to the Pats offense running amok in the NFL, what we had on offense was fucking scary for any defense!

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. AB is a boat full of talent & a head full of crazy.

MeatMan
09-22-19, 10:53
That didn't take long, Brown is gone, Demaryius Thomas went to the Jets, Keal Harry on IR, things got real thin at WR very quickly, we were stacked, now not so much.

I know it's only the Jets, but going forward I have some concerns, I for one was so looking forward to the Pats offense running amok in the NFL, what we had on offense was fucking scary for any defense!Christ, he is nothing but a shitstorm.

He blew a great opportunity because he couldn't control himself which, seems to be a pattern with him. He fucking blew it. If the Patriots cut, you lose because of the off-field behavior and, we all know the Patriots are the platinum standard in the NFL, his career is likely one and done. He believed he was untouchable, invincible so to speak instead of making things better, he made it worse. There is an undertone in our society that there are groups of women who will prey on men who are just doing what they view as "normal" and women are taking advantage of their normalcy. It's going to get far worse than better for AB, that is for sure.

Nrlmus
09-22-19, 20:21
Christ, he is nothing but a shitstorm.

He blew a great opportunity because he couldn't control himself which, seems to be a pattern with him. He fucking blew it. If the Patriots cut, you lose because of the off-field behavior and, we all know the Patriots are the platinum standard in the NFL, his career is likely one and done. He believed he was untouchable, invincible so to speak instead of making things better, he made it worse. There is an undertone in our society that there are groups of women who will prey on men who are just doing what they view as "normal" and women are taking advantage of their normalcy. It's going to get far worse than better for AB, that is for sure.Isn't it much less troublesome with the working girls though? Many of them are much better (let alone significantly more honest) human beings than, so called, "normal" women anyway. And in the end you end up paying much less too and what you do pay you pay only with money LOL.

Brunter
09-23-19, 05:08
Getting rid of brown is some fucking crap. Guarantee that was a kraft decision and not a BB move. Fuck kraft. He sucks.

Were still winning the SB but woulda been more of a "fuck you" to the whole league to keep him and were already the bad guys so fuck it.

I don't care what any of these players do IRL, I just want the pats to win superbowls. No moral high ground here LOL.

Brunter
09-23-19, 05:10
Let's have a little fun, shall we?. Most of us here are fully aware of what happened in 2007 and that ever lingering stinging loss to the Giants, ending what could have been a perfect season. So, here we are in 2019 and the talk around town (Saw the commercial on NBC Sports) is the Patriots possibly going undefeated this season. So, I ask all of you, would you rather have a perfect season en route to the Superbowl or three more super bowls?. Lets hear it!.If BB wants to to undefeated then were going to but hes been on record saying it woulda been good for the 07 team to lose a game at some point.

But were going undefeated if BB lets us. Nobody in this league is even half as good as us. Mayybe the chiefs. Theyre our only competition and their defense is a joke LOL.