PDA

View Full Version : Boston Sports Chat

Pages : 1 2 [3]

ArchersTarget
04-14-21, 16:50
Does JE11 have a shot to enter the HOF?. Yes or No?No. Not even close. He never had the TDs to back up his resume. Wes Welker was so much better and he's not in the HOF. Don't get me wrong as he was a hell of a player and put his body through hell but he does not have the stats to put him in.

MeatMan
04-15-21, 13:54
Wes Welker was so much better and he's not in the HOF. Don't get me wrong as he was a hell of a player and put his body through hell but he does not have the stats to put him in.Fair argument but, you say Wes was better than Julian?. Wes was a hell of a player but he's hardly clutch when it mattered most. Julian owns that spot.

Mattis1775
04-15-21, 22:47
Probably YES because America's favorite player, Tom Brady will definitely push it and the NFL will listen to the amazing Tom Brady. Edelman definitely had a great career with one team and also, a great person outside of football. Definitely, a consideration for sure.

Does JE11 have a shot to enter the HOF?. Yes or No?

CrazyCrouton
04-16-21, 13:58
Probably YES because America's favorite player, Tom Brady will definitely push it and the NFL will listen to the amazing Tom Brady. Edelman definitely had a great career with one team and also, a great person outside of football. Definitely, a consideration for sure.Brady definitely won't be pushing to get him into the Hall of Fame. Brady is definitely only concern with winning championships. Edelman's statistics definitely aren't worthy of the Hall of Fame even though he definitely had great post season career numbers.

CornPop
04-19-21, 17:21
Went to a c's game few nights ago and the Corvid19 restrictions are nuts. You have to wear masks the whole time unless eating or drinking and not seat side service. You have to go up to concession to pick it up.

Seats are all spread apart and no Celtics dancers.

But there was a piece of tits and ass in the front in front of me. She was recording on tik tok the whole time showing off her tits in low cut top.

I don't even want to go to a Sox game.

Member #6450
04-19-21, 17:34
Went to a c's game few nights ago and the Corvid19 restrictions are nuts. You have to wear masks the whole time unless eating or drinking and not seat side service. You have to go up to concession to pick it up.

But there was a piece of tits and ass in the front in front of me. She was recording on tik tok the whole time showing off her tits in low cut top.

I don't even want to go to a Sox game.Sounds like it's not worth going. I'm still waiting on the concert I have tickets for at Fenway this summer to get rescheduled to 2022. It was supposed to be last summer.

MeatMan
04-21-21, 10:40

I don't even want to go to a Sox game.Also added, those nosebleed prices!. WTF?. Then again, it was Celtics Vs Lakers so, go fig.

Matty1169
04-21-21, 12:01
Wes Welker had some big time drops / misses in some key moments. In those Super Bowl losses to the Giants. He may have the stats. But I feel like JE is much better. Julian was the master of converting on 3rd down plays. Made a lot of key plays in big time moments.

On a separate Subject you guys mentioned the Celtics / Lakers game. Where was their last meeting? Thought it was LA, but I could be wrong.

Matty1169
04-27-21, 22:52
Just pathetic. They going to be playing in that Play In Tournament. At this rate, the way they are heading. SmH.

Member #6450
04-28-21, 11:26
Wes Welker had some big time drops / misses in some key moments. In those Super Bowl losses to the Giants. He may have the stats. But I feel like JE is much better. Julian was the master of converting on 3rd down plays. Made a lot of key plays in big time moments.

On a separate Subject you guys mentioned the Celtics / Lakers game. Where was their last meeting? Thought it was LA, but I could be wrong.That unbelievable catch alone in that Super Bowl vs the Falcons was the most clutch thing I've ever seen in football. That thing was a c**t hair from hitting the ground and Edelman pulled it in.

Ha ha it auto censored my post. We cant say c**t on a fuck board. Unbelievable!

MeatMan
04-28-21, 12:07
Just pathetic. They going to be playing in that Play In Tournament. At this rate, the way they are heading. SmH.Simply unacceptable. That was a fucking joke. I'm too upset to talk about it. I've seen bad Celtics teams over the years. Etch that one as a bad bad loss.

Nrlmus
04-28-21, 14:07
Simply unacceptable. That was a fucking joke. I'm too upset to talk about it. I've seen bad Celtics teams over the years. Etch that one as a bad bad loss.Any opinions on that?

https://www.celticsblog.com/2021/4/28/22407967/jeff-goodman-trading-jaylen-brown-only-way-for-celtics-to-improve-boston-nba-thunder-brad-stevens

ArchersTarget
04-29-21, 08:35
Any opinions on that?

https://www.celticsblog.com/2021/4/28/22407967/jeff-goodman-trading-jaylen-brown-only-way-for-celtics-to-improve-boston-nba-thunder-brad-stevensI've said this before but I think Stevens is the problem. He is another Rick Patino and is a great college coach but can't get it done in the big leagues.

MeatMan
04-30-21, 08:22
Nice pickup from last night's draft. Mac Jones is really damn good. 3rd in the Heisman trophy, pretty damn good in the pocket. I just hope he'll deliver a quick-release and, let the football fly!. There will be a learning curve for Mac when adjusting from an RPO offense to a traditional NFL scheme. Jarrett Stidham keeps getting pooped on. I feel for the guy but this is football. Also, Patriot fanboys are fucking dimwits. They actually think that, with the acquisition of Mac, he's going to go out and be the starting QB!. Not if Cam has anything to do with it.

MeatMan
05-19-21, 14:46
1. Great Comeback win from the Bruins.
2. Nice statement win from the Celtics....... But how far will they go?
3. Upcoming Patriots Vs Tampa game.
4. Red Sox early predictions and this upcoming May / June Schedule. (Holy fuck, how's THAT looking?)
5. Kevin Pilar HBP. Damn, that was fucked!.

Let's talk about them.

Bababooey2
05-20-21, 15:02
4. Red Sox early predictions and this upcoming May / June Schedule. (Holy fuck, how's THAT looking?)

Let's talk about them.Nice win for the Bruins. Will be nice once they play a complete with less turnovers. They shouldn't lose another game in this series if all 4 lines play solid.

Tukkuu has been amazing.

Celts are toast. Kyrie and the Nets will sweep them.

Belichicks Defense is going to keep Brady awake for weeks before and after the game. Can't wait for the season.

ArchersTarget
05-20-21, 18:32

Let's talk about them.The Bruins have a chance and I think they will go deep into the playoffs as I think they would of won the cup last year if Rask didn't fuck them. The Celtics are toast without Brown and I think Stevens needs to go. To early to tell about the Pats but they gave Newton a few weapons so I believe he will be fine as he is our best option at this point and I can't wait for the Tampa game. Redsox are a big surprise and they have a good mix and hopefully Sale comes back strong. And as far as Pillar goes he is one lucky guy and what a tough bastard to be at the ballpark the following day. I hope he returns with no issues as he's a very classic guy to say the things he said in his press release. I was around when Tony C got hit and that was devastating to see how his life ended up.

Nrlmus
05-22-21, 11:52
A bit surprised actually. Sure Cam can throw but he's not particularly known for his deep balls. Anyone remembers if Cam ever had a receiver of Julio Jones caliber to throw to though?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-julio-jones-wants-play-111010887.html

MeatMan
05-24-21, 11:19
The Bruins have a chance and I think they will go deep into the playoffs as I think they would of won the cup last year if Rask didn't fuck them.Hell of a win from the B's last night. I knew they were on to something but, I didn't expect THAT. This gives them time to rest up for their next opponent. Washington was no pushover!

MeatMan
05-26-21, 10:19
Interesting take from Kyrie Irving regarding subtle racism in Boston, so I wanted to get your guys' perspective on this.

What do Kyrie Irving, Tori Hunter, Bill Russell, Kevin Youkilis, Adam Jones, and others have all in common?. The experience of racism in Boston sports. Would these cowards actually have the balls to call a professional athlete of color an expletive to his face?. An excerpt from Torii Hunter:

"I would get it everywhere," Hunter said on WEEI-FM's "The Greg Hill Show" on Wednesday. "Seattle. Kansas City. Kansas City once did something to validate it. When they called me the 'and' word standing over our dugout. Our whole team was almost going to jump this guy, but this guy's kid covered his mouth. The police right next to our dugout got up and took him to a back room, talked to him, interrogated him, and banned him for life. That was cool. I was like, 'Wow, Kansas City took care of that. '.

"But when I went to Boston it was so consistent. After a while, I just kind of shoved it off and I went out and played. I played with aggression though. I played like I really wanted to play well in Fenway. It has nothing to do with the Red Sox. It has nothing to do with the players. It has nothing to do with the organization. It really has nothing to do with the fans. But that's the issue when you hear that. It has something to do with society. " Hunter said that he even felt uncomfortable with the idea of his family living in Boston if he had signed there. "That's why I got the no-trade clause, the list of teams, and I put Boston in there," he added. "I love Boston. I wanted to play there. It just hit me that I can't have my wife and my kids in this area. There is no way I can do that because I don't ever want them to go through that and if they do I don't know what I would do and I would be the angry black guy and that wouldn't be good. " Torii Hunter told ESPN that he was called the and-word several times by fans as young as "little kids," and he later said that he has heard more racist remarks in Boston than any other city.

This is from Kevin Youkilis own words.

"Boston was tough. Being a fan favorite there, being a white guy, being Jewish with Brookline right down the street a very Jewish neighborhood, I was lucky. They loved me. But I did see some tension with even my own teammates," he said. "There was one incident where a fan came running down and was being extra harsh towards one of our black players, and I just got fed up and I stood up and told him to 'Shut the 'F' up, and if you don't like it get out of here.

"I will never forget that moment because I was boiling. You could see the tension, and it wasn't the same tension that was towards a white player. For the most part, I'd like to say too, though, with Red Sox fans, it's not the majority it's a minority of people that act like that. But the minority is too big, and you have to eliminate that. ".

As a POC and a proud Boston Sports fan, this subject does come up quite a lot when traveling outside Boston. I get tired of it, I really do. However, I do remain optimistic. Deval Patric was the governor of this state and now an intern Mayor Kim Janey. Plus, a lot of changes within the last few years. It's changing for the better. Michelle Wu (MILF) is an example!.

Plman Smith
05-26-21, 12:02
Interesting take from Kyrie Irving regarding subtle racism in Boston, so I wanted to get your guys' perspective on this.

What do Kyrie Irving, Tori Hunter, Bill Russell, Kevin Youkilis, Adam Jones, and others have all in common?. The experience of racism in Boston sports. Would these cowards actually have the balls to call a professional athlete of color an expletive to his face?. An excerpt from Torii Hunter:

"I would get it everywhere," Hunter said on WEEI-FM's "The Greg Hill Show" on Wednesday. "Seattle. Kansas City. Kansas City once did something to validate it. When they called me the 'and' word standing over our dugout. Our whole team was almost going to jump this guy, but this guy's kid covered his mouth. The police right next to our dugout got up and took him to a back room, talked to him, interrogated him, and banned him for life. That was cool. I was like, 'Wow, Kansas City took care of that. '.

"But when I went to Boston it was so consistent. After a while, I just kind of shoved it off and I went out and played. I played with aggression though. I played like I really wanted to play well in Fenway. It has nothing to do with the Red Sox. It has nothing to do with the players. It has nothing to do with the organization. It really has nothing to do with the fans. But that's the issue when you hear that. It has something to do with society. " Hunter said that he even felt uncomfortable with the idea of his family living in Boston if he had signed there. "That's why I got the no-trade clause, the list of teams, and I put Boston in there," he added. "I love Boston. I wanted to play there. It just hit me that I can't have my wife and my kids in this area. There is no way I can do that because I don't ever want them to go through that and if they do I don't know what I would do and I would be the angry black guy and that wouldn't be good. " Torii Hunter told ESPN that he was called the and-word several times by fans as young as "little kids," and he later said that he has heard more racist remarks in Boston than any other city.

"Boston was tough. Being a fan favorite there, being a white guy, being Jewish with Brookline right down the street a very Jewish neighborhood, I was lucky. They loved me. But I did see some tension with even my own teammates," he said. "There was one incident where a fan came running down and was being extra harsh towards one of our black players, and I just got fed up and I stood up and told him to 'Shut the 'F' up, and if you don't like it get out of here.

"I will never forget that moment because I was boiling. You could see the tension, and it wasn't the same tension that was towards a white player. For the most part, I'd like to say too, though, with Red Sox fans, it's not the majority it's a minority of people that act like that. But the minority is too big, and you have to eliminate that. ".

As a POC and a proud Boston Sports fan, this subject does come up quite a lot when traveling outside Boston. I get tired of it, I really do. However, I do remain optimistic. Deval Patric was the governor of this state and now an intern Mayor Kim Janey. Plus, a lot of changes within the last few years. It's changing for the better. Michelle Wu (MILF) is an example!.Then realized every city has it's redneck racists. Booing the Yankees and NY sports teams is in our blood, LOL, but please leave the and word out. There's enough to hate about KYE REE! LOL.

Nrlmus
05-26-21, 17:18

As a POC and a proud Boston Sports fan, this subject does come up quite a lot when traveling outside Boston. I get tired of it, I really do. However, I do remain optimistic. Deval Patric was the governor of this state and now an intern Mayor Kim Janey. Plus, a lot of changes within the last few years. It's changing for the better. Michelle Wu (MILF) is an example!.First of all as a black man who if I'm not mistaken lived in other places you should tell us how you yourself feel in that regard. Do you feel that Boston is more racist than other places? I know it's not for me to have an opinion on that since I can't experience racism by default.

But as a "dumb immigrant" who visited and lived in enough other places in the US to be able to compare I can tell you this: Boston is definitely one of the most "set in its ways" cities in America I ever been to. Is it rooted in Massachusetts' puritanical traditions? Probably. So based on my personal experience I wasn't surprised by the results of this study: https://patch.com/massachusetts/boston/ma-most-politically-intolerant-state-u-s-study-says.

Doesn't mean that I don't like and appreciate the Bostonians anyway. They're mostly intelligent, friendly, and helpful and more aware of things than people in other parts of the US. Even here we have a much more diverse (topic-wise) Boston forum than in most other places on USASG. But I think you'd run a much better chance of knowing a family where half of the family are Trump-lovers, and the other half are Trump-haters in Texas or Kansas than in Mass.

In regards to Kyrie Irving, sorry man, but he was a whiner in Cleveland before he began whining in Boston. I'm sure he'd be whining in New York before too long too. It's a personality thingy IMHO.

Longjblues
05-26-21, 23:03
I think it's total bs currently.

Bill Russell. Yes, certainly I believe Russell faced deep racism in metropolitan Boston as documented. Of course that at was 50 years ago. Of course, remember that Russell became the coach of the Celtics back in the sixths.

The current guys, Adams and Hunter, I don't believe for a second. Is there racism. Yes, as there is is in every city, state, country in the world. Is racism just about blacks. No. Can blacks be racist? Yes. Some are, just like some whites are. The racists in the US and in particular, Boston, are a very small number. Most people try to be fair, and not prejudge a person based on color of the skin.

As for Irving, he is a self absorbed, mentally unstable person. He is fortunate to be a physically gifted nba player. If I attended a playoff game I would boo him when he was introduced at the beginning of the game because I dislike him, not because he is black.

Irving, like the national media, just continues the old legacy that Boston is a racist city. I am going to savor the train wreck that is Irving, when his physical talents diminish, which they will at some point.

As a POC and a proud Boston Sports fan, this subject does come up quite a lot when traveling outside Boston. I get tired of it, I really do. However, I do remain optimistic. Deval Patric was the governor of this state and now an intern Mayor Kim Janey. Plus, a lot of changes within the last few years. It's changing for the better. Michelle Wu (MILF) is an example!.

Nrlmus
05-31-21, 01:42
Dude it has nothing to do with the theater and the history and whatever. People here just don't like you, personally. Nobody is throwing water bottles at Kevin or James. It's you man. Only you la-la-la-lala-la. I bet we might even get some understanding in Cleveland. Not that I approve of such a behavior but on purely human level I also would love to throw a water bottle at you. Now, I would've restrained myself for sure. It doesn't mean I wouldn't want to do it though.
Poor Perk - listen to him dancing and dancing and dancing not wanting to say anything bad about that asshole. lol

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kyrie-irving-expresses-himself-celtics-021410835.html

MeatMan
05-31-21, 13:56
Before anyone goes calling Boston a City of Belligerent Racists let's take Boston into a fuller context. First the Celtics logo, a simple of Irish pride. But way beyond Irish pride, it's a symbol of resiliency. The city of Boston, with the highest Irish population in the nation, was largely due to a wave of migration during the 1860's, largely a migrant group of those that were fleeing from a MASS GENOCIDE against the British. The British, a fellow white group that went into the country of Ireland, and literally raped and pillaged, slaughtering families and destroying homes for HUNDREDS OF YEARS. That symbol is beyond the fact of the most decorated, historical, barrier-breaking franchises of ALL TIME. But it represents our city as a whole. We've absolutely had our controversy, and what has happened to the black population and minority population in Boston throughout our history has been decidable. But we are and are working towards making amends.

We're not a city of RACIST PIGS, we are Mecca for education, revolution thought that extend into science, literature, mathematics, AND YES JUSTICE. We welcome all within the walls of our town and look towards finding the solutions of tomorrow, in our own backyard and the city beyond. To have him baseline the picture of an entire city based upon the actions of a few ignoramuses is beyond despicable. When you stamp on our logo, you stamp on a logo for every group of people here that have endured oppression and risen above it, and bathed in that glory. For the love of God Kyrie, you are a walking fucking hypocrite. Read some more damn books, step in our backyards, see what we are working on because he is the single least qualified person to talk about this place he's betrayed.

We stood by you, and during your last playoff series, you stared down upon your teammates as if they were the "pawns" title that you place upon the media you beg to defend you. I've never seen anyone in a public spotlight with the complex this man has. And I'm not here to berate him, he has his own set of problems, and there's not a justification for him stopping on a universal piece of liberation and perseverance in our logo. Sir, when you step upon that logo, you step upon the ashes of my first-generation Irish grandfather that escaped persecution to sacrifice his life to save others as a firefighter. You also step upon the black heroes of our franchise that paved the way to give you the opportunity to degrade and generalize us today. I hope one day you can come to peace and realize that IT GOES BOTH WAYS.

Kyrie can suck a dick, fuck him!.

Plman Smith
05-31-21, 17:06
It clearly was a racist water bottle. FU. We don't like you. We're supposed to hate NY sports teams, boo against them. You. You're a special kind of cry baby. That gets stuff thrown at. We as a town shouldn't stoop that low, or use the and word. We hate you. Your skin color doesn't matter. It is you we hate. Just don't make it about race. You. Are. A. Spoiled. Azz.

Nrlmus
05-31-21, 17:13
Before anyone goes calling Boston a City of Belligerent Racists let's take Boston into a fuller context. First the Celtics logo, a simple of Irish pride. But way beyond Irish pride, it's a symbol of resiliency. The city of Boston, with the highest Irish population in the nation, was largely due to a wave of migration during the 1860's, largely a migrant group of those that were fleeing from a MASS GENOCIDE against the British. The British, a fellow white group that went into the country of Ireland, and literally raped and pillaged, slaughtering families and destroying homes for HUNDREDS OF YEARS. That symbol is beyond the fact of the most decorated, historical, barrier-breaking franchises of ALL TIME. But it represents our city as a whole. We've absolutely had our controversy, and what has happened to the black population and minority population in Boston throughout our history has been decidable. But we are and are working towards making amends.

We're not a city of RACIST PIGS, we are Mecca for education, revolution thought that extend into science, literature, mathematics, AND YES JUSTICE. We welcome all within the walls of our town and look towards finding the solutions of tomorrow, in our own backyard and the city beyond. To have him baseline the picture of an entire city based upon the actions of a few ignoramuses is beyond despicable. When you stamp on our logo, you stamp on a logo for every group of people here that have endured oppression and risen above it, and bathed in that glory. For the love of God Kyrie, you are a walking fucking hypocrite. Read some more damn books, step in our backyards, see what we are working on because he is the single least qualified person to talk about this place he's betrayed.

We stood by you, and during your last playoff series, you stared down upon your teammates as if they were the "pawns" title that you place upon the media you beg to defend you. I've never seen anyone in a public spotlight with the complex this man has. And I'm not here to berate him, he has his own set of problems, and there's not a justification for him stopping on a universal piece of liberation and perseverance in our logo. Sir, when you step upon that logo, you step upon the ashes of my first-generation Irish grandfather that escaped persecution to sacrifice his life to save others as a firefighter. You also step upon the black heroes of our franchise that paved the way to give you the opportunity to degrade and generalize us today. I hope one day you can come to peace and realize that IT GOES BOTH WAYS.

Kyrie can suck a dick, fuck him!.I don't think Kyrie knows much about Irish pride or whatever Boston. He was just being a dick for the sake of being a dick. Not surprised that he got the dick treatment in return. There are idiots everywhere, Boston is no exception, but if there ever was justified reaction by a neighborhood idiot that was it. I know I'd have to fight an urge to throw something at him too if I was there.

Jaristas
05-31-21, 18:08
Forget the Kyrie sideshow. Fire Brad!!

Nrlmus
06-01-21, 02:01
Smack him Big Baby!

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kevin-garnett-blasts-kyrie-irving-glen-davis-appears-to-threaten-him-over-celtics-logo-stomp-you-cant-do-that-203919522.html

Fluff
06-01-21, 11:11

Kyrie can suck a dick, fuck him!.Well said, Meat. Eloquent and historically accurate. Thank you.

Nrlmus
06-03-21, 14:48
Enough said.

MeatMan
06-04-21, 10:10
1. Bruins had more shots on goal than the Islanders.

2. Tukka STOLE that game. Sorokin is no pushover himself but.

3. What a fucking shot by Marchand. That had to be a one in a million shot. Wow!. I didn't even see that coming.

4. The Lakers are outta here like a good dump!. Fuck em!. LOL!.

Heck of a game!.

Nrlmus
06-04-21, 15:32
1. Bruins had more shots on goal than the Islanders.

2. Tukka STOLE that game. Sorokin is no pushover himself but.

3. What a fucking shot by Marchand. That had to be a one in a million shot. Wow!. I didn't even see that coming.

4. The Lakers are outta here like a good dump!. Fuck em!. LOL!.

Heck of a game!.That was Varlamov in goal for the Isles. Sorokin is his backup. I know us Russians we all look the same, especially with the mask on LOL.

Nrlmus
06-04-21, 16:30
What the world is coming to?

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/jae-crowder-ejected-dissing-lebron-james-salsa-173012531.html

MeatMan
06-04-21, 16:43
That was Varlamov in goal for the Isles. Sorokin is his backup. I know us Russians we all look the same, especially with the mask on LOL.Oh!. That WAS Varlamov?. I was high and tipsy from last night leaving a local bar. My bad!. LOL!. When Marchand scored that goal, the place I was in lost their shit!. It was a goodnight!.

(P. S. It was a dive bar) *wink wink*.

Mattis1775
06-13-21, 23:12
Yes, unfortunately, the Bruins is out and Rask is taking a lot of heat due to his off-season surgery. Four teams left and the Islanders won Game 1 against the Lightning. Predictions for the Cup.

Finals. Knights vs. Islanders.

Cup. Knights. They're hungry. They came really close to the Cup in their FIRST year in the league. Last few seasons, they were in the playoffs. But, couldn't make it far. They got the talent, motivation and the urge to win. Islanders will be a tough team to beat. But, I'm betting on the Knights to finally bring the Cup home to Sin City!

ArchersTarget
06-14-21, 16:38
Celtics Pooped, Bruins Pooped, and now the Sox are Pooping. I hope the Patriots don't Poop.

Nrlmus
06-14-21, 20:45
Celtics Pooped, Bruins Pooped, and now the Sox are Pooping. I hope the Patriots don't Poop.Nah, Patriots will poop too.

Member #6450
06-14-21, 20:58
Yes, unfortunately, the Bruins is out and Rask is taking a lot of heat due to his off-season surgery. Four teams left and the Islanders won Game 1 against the Lightning. Predictions for the Cup.

Finals. Knights vs. Islanders.

Cup. Knights. They're hungry. They came really close to the Cup in their FIRST year in the league. Last few seasons, they were in the playoffs. But, couldn't make it far. They got the talent, motivation and the urge to win. Islanders will be a tough team to beat. But, I'm betting on the Knights to finally bring the Cup home to Sin City!I'm with you on that. Now that the B's are out. Knights all day! I've been to a couple of games out there and even saw them play the Bruins in Vegas at T-Mobile during their first season. It's an experience and the games are like going to a rock concert.

Mattis1775
06-15-21, 13:42
I'm with you on that. Now that the B's are out. Knights all day! I've been to a couple of games out there and even saw them play the Bruins in Vegas at T-Mobile during their first season. It's an experience and the games are like going to a rock concert.I had doubts about Sin City. Never thought they had enough people for season ticket holders, little interest in hockey around that area. But, they proved us all wrong. First trip to the cup on their first year and playoffs subsequent years. They're doing better than the original teams, like Chicago and Detroit. Attendance is packed from what I see on TV. Amazing.

ArchersTarget
06-16-21, 18:55
Why Why Why does this Kid get kicked to the curb and not get voted to the All NBA Team. He's better than half the guys that got voted as in Paul George, Jimmy Butler, Bradley Beal come on man This kid is something special. I really think he got fucked.

Jaristas
06-16-21, 20:24
Team should be better. We have a useless coach who has won nothing and what do the Celtics do,? They promote him. If the Celtics did better or at least met some expectation, he would have made it.

Curious Monkey
06-17-21, 00:38
Why Why Why does this Kid get kicked to the curb and not get voted to the All NBA Team. He's better than half the guys that got voted as in Paul George, Jimmy Butler, Bradley Beal come on man This kid is something special. I really think he got fucked.JT was voted as a Guard and also as a Forward. This caused his votes to split separately. Had the votes been counted together, he would've beaten Kyrie for third team or even Butler. Not sure why the votes counted each role separately instead of the player.

This also does give Boston more cap space. 5% which is 33 million. Enough for us to secure an average role player or a decent bench player that can help the secondary unit. We need more depth.

Curious Monkey
06-17-21, 00:47
Team should be better. We have a useless coach who has won nothing and what do the Celtics do,? They promote him. If the Celtics did better or at least met some expectation, he would have made it.He is a great coach. He rolled with what we had. He started with JT, JB and Smart all new to the NBA and. IT who places 3rd in MVP voting under his coaching. Then we had the Kyrie and Gordon Hayward saga where GH became injured for the whole season in his first game playing as a Celtics. So realistically we only had Kyrie. We now know he is not a team player or a role model for our young team. After the Kyrie and GH saga, we got. Kemba Walker and Tristan Thompson? Both aging players who aren't at their caliber anymore. We always been into the play offs since we got this coach. Last year we got as close as we can get. But not enough secondary unit or bench players to help score. This year JB is injured. Walker is old too. JT is carrying by himself. Brown is average in terms of offense and more of a defense guy who cannot win on his own.

Jaristas
06-18-21, 12:45
He is a great coach. He rolled with what we had. He started with JT, JB and Smart all new to the NBA and. IT who places 3rd in MVP voting under his coaching. Then we had the Kyrie and Gordon Hayward saga where GH became injured for the whole season in his first game playing as a Celtics. So realistically we only had Kyrie. We now know he is not a team player or a role model for our young team. After the Kyrie and GH saga, we got. Kemba Walker and Tristan Thompson? Both aging players who aren't at their caliber anymore. We always been into the play offs since we got this coach. Last year we got as close as we can get. But not enough secondary unit or bench players to help score. This year JB is injured. Walker is old too. JT is carrying by himself. Brown is average in terms of offense and more of a defense guy who cannot win on his own.We just signed Al horford. Good job coach / front office LOL.

Nrlmus
06-19-21, 01:53
We just signed Al horford. Good job coach / front office LOL.Who the hell is Moses Brown? Never heard of him.

Spike77
06-19-21, 13:34
Who the hell is Moses Brown? Never heard of him.It was basically a salary dump. Celtics save 20 million over the next 2 years. Now they can sign / resign players. I think Kemba's knee is a legit issue. I like Smart in the starting PG position (as opposed to the shooting guard position they had him in many times) as a facilitator to Brown, Tatum and Fournier. Kemba was more of a raw scorer which we already have in Tatum, Brown and Fournier. Smart is a shut down defensive nuisance. Moses Brown is a second year player. He's a 7'2" athletic shot blocker who is starting to come into his own. He scored 21 pts and 23 rebounds against the Celtics and 24 pts and 18 rebounds against the Clippers this year. Not saying he is the next Bill Russell but Robert Williams has a history of getting hurt so this is a nice insurance policy and a good low risk, high reward player should he continue to show great strides in development. Al Horford adds versatility and depth at the power forward and center positions. He can also act as a mentor for the young big men we have on our roster. And his large contract expires in 2 years. Not the sexiest trade but I see what they did and it makes sense.

Jaristas
06-19-21, 15:18
It was basically a salary dump. Celtics save 20 million over the next 2 years. Now they can sign / resign players. I think Kemba's knee is a legit issue. I like Smart in the starting PG position (as opposed to the shooting guard position they had him in many times) as a facilitator to Brown, Tatum and Fournier. Kemba was more of a raw scorer which we already have in Tatum, Brown and Fournier. Smart is a shut down defensive nuisance. Moses Brown is a second year player. He's a 7'2" athletic shot blocker who is starting to come into his own. He scored 21 pts and 23 rebounds against the Celtics and 24 pts and 18 rebounds against the Clippers this year. Not saying he is the next Bill Russell but Robert Williams has a history of getting hurt so this is a nice insurance policy and a good low risk, high reward player should he continue to show great strides in development. Al Horford adds versatility and depth at the power forward and center positions. He can also act as a mentor for the young big men we have on our roster. And his large contract expires in 2 years. Not the sexiest trade but I see what they did and it makes sense.Makes no sense man. Don't care how much we try and put a spin on it.

Spike77
06-19-21, 19:21
Makes no sense man. Don't care how much we try and put a spin on it.1) They save at least 20 million (NBA has this thing called a salary cap).

2) They unloaded a player who is owed 73 million over the next 2 years who has a bad knee and can't make it through a season, never mind playoffs.

3) They got a young back up center in Moses Brown who averages 9 pts and 9 rebounds a game.

Stop focusing on Horford. We had to take his salary for the deal to work. Focus on 1,2,and 3. Those are facts not spin.

MeatMan
06-23-21, 09:14
Who's your favorite to win the NBA Trophy this year, I got Phoenix. They look 'dialed in'. Of course, CP3 is not in the line-up due to his injury. When he is, they are a force to be reckoned with.

Spike77
06-23-21, 10:25
Who's your favorite to win the NBA Trophy this year, I got Phoenix. They look 'dialed in'. Of course, CP3 is not in the line-up due to his injury. When he is, they are a force to be reckoned with.Rooting for Phoenix but if Atlanta wins I would be good with that too. I just want to see a good entertaining series. I am just glad the Lakers and Nets are out of it. So sick of these players colluding building their own super teams. Made the NBA unwatchable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2hAAyOXC9Q

Nrlmus
06-23-21, 13:47
Rooting for Phoenix but if Atlanta wins I would be good with that too. I just want to see a good entertaining series. I am just glad the Lakers and Nets are out of it. So sick of these players colluding building their own super teams. Made the NBA unwatchable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2hAAyOXC9QStarted with the Lakers team that lost to Chauncey's Detroit I think. Then our Big Three basically opened the gates.

Spike77
06-23-21, 14:54
Started with the Lakers team that lost to Chauncey's Detroit I think. Then our Big Three basically opened the gates.The Celtics big 3 (Garnett, Pierce, Allen) were the result of trades made by Danny Ainge. Celtics already had Paul Pierce. He traded a lottery pick for Ray Allen. Then traded Al Jefferson and players for Garnett. I have no problem with GMs doing their jobs and making great moves. I am referring more to players like Lebron who think they are GMs working with other star free agents to figure out where they will end up together. The fact that Pat Reilly won GM of the year in Miami was laughable. It should have gone to Lebron.

Nrlmus
06-24-21, 01:01
You don't say?! No way?! LOL.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/could-former-celtic-kyrie-irving-021742291.html

Spike77
06-24-21, 12:50
You don't say?! No way?! LOL.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/could-former-celtic-kyrie-irving-021742291.htmlWow. Never seen a player singlehandedly make a mess wherever he goes as much as Kyrie. It's too bad, he is an amazing talent. He needs some professional help.

Nrlmus
06-27-21, 14:20
I think they should start employing different criteria when picking basketball coaches or other sport coaches for that matter too. If you made it to sainthood you can coach basketball. Otherwise. Sorry.

https://sports.yahoo.com/feel-unheard-reactions-controversial-nba-172617612.html

I'm not sure if Udoka going to make a good coach here but I think first and foremost the team should hire a renown PI firm, like Pinkerton something or other to see if he ever offended anyone by looking at them funny let alone doing anything else. He used to play in Nigeria, I wonder if there is a local girl there that Udoka tried to kiss before eliciting her clearly expressed verbal consent? Do we really want a potential rapist as our Celts coach?

I wonder if looking at all this Udoka is rethinking it; after all they haven't announced him quite yet.

MeatMan
06-28-21, 09:29
I think they should start employing different criteria when picking basketball coaches or other sport coaches for that matter too. If you made it to sainthood you can coach basketball. Otherwise. Sorry.

https://sports.yahoo.com/feel-unheard-reactions-controversial-nba-172617612.html

I'm not sure if Udoka going to make a good coach here but I think first and foremost the team should hire a renown PI firm, like Pinkerton something or other to see if he ever offended anyone by looking at them funny let alone doing anything else. He used to play in Nigeria, I wonder if there is a local girl there that Udoka tried to kiss before eliciting her clearly expressed verbal consent? Do we really want a potential rapist as our Celts coach?

I wonder if looking at all this Udoka is rethinking it; after all they haven't announced him quite yet.I would think all of what you've mentioned would have been done prior to the Celtics taking him on as head coach. He has been in the league for some time.

Nrlmus
06-28-21, 12:04
I would think all of what you've mentioned would have been done prior to the Celtics taking him on as head coach. He has been in the league for some time.Let's hope LOL.

MeatMan
08-14-21, 09:55
To jumpstart the Boston Sports Chat since its a slow summah.

#1. Could Mac-10 be our starting QB?. Is Cam "washed up?

#2. Have the Sox been exposed for not dealing for a quality player and why are they tumbling out of the AL East Race?.

#3. Celtics Acquired Schroder for a one-year deal. Your opinions.

#4. Kevan Miller Retiring, Adam McQuaid is back, David Krejč going back to the Czech Republic. I liked that guy!.

Opinions?. Lets hear em!.

MeatMan
09-01-21, 01:46
Well. Shit. Guess Cam didn't take our goals seriously. I was rooting him too. Idiot.

MeatMan
10-11-21, 22:37
Hoooly shit!. LOL!. What is this team on?.

Brainstorm
10-12-21, 08:46
If Tampa had won Game 4 to take the series back to Tampa, do they trot out Tom Brady to throw out the first pitch for Game 5? Only The Watcher knows.

Nrlmus
10-23-21, 14:32
They should've kicked Rondo out of the game not the fan! Rondo is effing provoking the guy! Anyone here would've acted differently? Also anyone's surprised that it's Rondo who is doing this shit though? Rondo is smart as hell but the word 'asshole' is written all over his face IMHO.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/fan-ejected-staples-center-los-angeles-lakers-phoenix-suns-game-altercation-rajon-rondo-finger-gun-044105962.html

Mattis1775
10-29-21, 17:00
They should've kicked Rondo out of the game not the fan! Rondo is effing provoking the guy! Anyone here would've acted differently? Also anyone's surprised that it's Rondo who is doing this shit though? Rondo is smart as hell but the word 'asshole' is written all over his face IMHO.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/fan-ejected-staples-center-los-angeles-lakers-phoenix-suns-game-altercation-rajon-rondo-finger-gun-044105962.htmlRondo was a loser when he was the Celtics. They become bigger assholes as they mature in the league.

Spill
10-31-21, 12:19
You will always be the king of Red Sox Nation!

MeatMan
01-09-22, 12:07
So, given how the Patriots have done this season with their 10-6 (hopefully 11-6) record, how would you all rate it?. What areas do the pats need to address come next season?. Who are the studs and who are the duds?. Lets hear it, fellas!.

MPCreeper
01-09-22, 12:48
So, given how the Patriots have done this season with their 10-6 (hopefully 11-6) record, how would you all rate it?. What areas do the pats need to address come next season?. Who are the studs and who are the duds?. Lets hear it, fellas!.I hate to be the stereotypical negative Boston sports fan but I'm not sold on Mac Jones. He has a very below average arm. Even with all the great attributes he has (intelligence, anticipation, maturity) that arm gives him a low ceiling. People are all excited like we found the next Tom but Tom has all those attributes plus a great arm. His arm is still great. It's not like it was ever bad. Tom had a much stronger arm even as a rookie. And I know it's not a fair comparison for a rookie QB but the truth is he plays in NewEngland. It's cold, winding, rainy, snowy etc. You need a strong arm in this league period but never mind in all the elements. I say we trade Mac for fellow monger Deshawn Watson. Bill could school him on getting rid of the ball quicker and Kraft could school him on better MP etiquette. It would be a win win.

Nrlmus
01-09-22, 16:28
I hate to be the stereotypical negative Boston sports fan but I'm not sold on Mac Jones. He has a very below average arm. Even with all the great attributes he has (intelligence, anticipation, maturity) that arm gives him a low ceiling. People are all excited like we found the next Tom but Tom has all those attributes plus a great arm. His arm is still great. It's not like it was ever bad. Tom had a much stronger arm even as a rookie. And I know it's not a fair comparison for a rookie QB but the truth is he plays in NewEngland. It's cold, winding, rainy, snowy etc. You need a strong arm in this league period but never mind in all the elements. I say we trade Mac for fellow monger Deshawn Watson. Bill could school him on getting rid of the ball quicker and Kraft could school him on better MP etiquette. It would be a win win.Tom also had overwhelming intangibles, and that's what really made him into who he is. The way he talked, the way he acted made mediocrities play at their fullest potential nearly all the time. It was so obvious in 2001 the minute he took over from Bledsoe.

I don't think the same applies to Mac Jones. Remember how great the D played before the bye and how poorly after? I have a hunch that it's largely due to Mac's criticism that people don't practice enough. The veterans on the D: McCourty, Hightower, Van Noy, etc they really have nothing to prove. They all got rings and they are all spoiled by Brady's attitude towards them. Arm is good but it's a team sport.

Remember last year when Tommy played Green Bay in Green Bay? How many interceptions did he throw in the 4th quarter - 2-3? And Tampa still won. Why? Because players come out of their skins to play for Tom IMHO, especially those on the defense.

Mac Jones? It's not for the cub to criticize lions even if they didn't practice enough. I wonder if Belichick sanctioned the critique. If he did, I think it was the stupidest thing he did the whole year.

ArchersTarget
01-09-22, 18:00
I hate to be the stereotypical negative Boston sports fan but I'm not sold on Mac Jones. He has a very below average arm. Even with all the great attributes he has (intelligence, anticipation, maturity) that arm gives him a low ceiling. People are all excited like we found the next Tom but Tom has all those attributes plus a great arm. His arm is still great. It's not like it was ever bad. Tom had a much stronger arm even as a rookie. And I know it's not a fair comparison for a rookie QB but the truth is he plays in NewEngland. It's cold, winding, rainy, snowy etc. You need a strong arm in this league period but never mind in all the elements. I say we trade Mac for fellow monger Deshawn Watson. Bill could school him on getting rid of the ball quicker and Kraft could school him on better MP etiquette. It would be a win win.I think Jones will be fine as he had a pretty good year as a rookie. The patriots need a top tier wide receiver. They definitely had a better season than I thought and who knows how far they will go in the playoffs.

MeatMan
03-22-22, 12:01
The Celtics have been plastering teams for over a month. Could the Celtics go all the way to the e Eastern conference finals as well as the NBA finals this year?. What are your opinions. Also, other local teams. How are they fairing?

Spike77
03-22-22, 14:39
The Celtics have been plastering teams for over a month. Could the Celtics go all the way to the e Eastern conference finals as well as the NBA finals this year?. What are your opinions. Also, other local teams. How are they fairing?It has been a crazy year for the Celtics. I went from zero interest to back to watching every game. Major credit to Stevens and Udoka for getting the right pieces in place and turning things around. They are playing together and with a lot more passion. I think they can play with any team in this league. They are fun to watch again. Hoping they go deep in the playoffs. Such a young team too. Tatum is only 24 LOL.

Matty1169
03-23-22, 22:22
Hey Meat Bro. Its crazy that all these other Networks like E# them Analysts give the Celtics shit for Cred. They get NO love from these guys. Only on Comcast Sports Net the channel the Celtics are on Locally, the Analysts on there Respect them. Its crazy absurd, been the best team in the NBA last 2+ months. And yet these guys on other Networks keep mentioning the Heat, Bucks and the Nets. And also the Sixers. No Respect guys for the Celts. Hey I hope they continue to use this as extra added Motivation. I'm kinda glad that they are Flying Under the Radar.

MeatMan
03-24-22, 07:52
It has been a crazy year for the Celtics. I went from zero interest to back to watching every game. Major credit to Stevens and Udoka for getting the right pieces in place and turning things around. They are playing together and with a lot more passion. I think they can play with any team in this league. They are fun to watch again. Hoping they go deep in the playoffs. Such a young team too. Tatum is only 24 LOL.They've been lights out for two months and have put the whole NBA on notice!. I love the formula they're having.

Max Walker86
03-25-22, 20:11
Bruins game last night with tampa bay was great. Pastrnak reminds me of pavel bure, I think their next 3 games are going to be wins.

Mattis1775
05-01-22, 14:20
A good vote for who's going to ride the Duck Boats. Boston Bruins or Boston Celtics? Bruins has always been a dead horse after the second series. But, damn those Celtics, I really think they can make it to the finals! I don't believe they have what it takes to win the finals. But, I have a strong feeling they can at least make it that far.

Spike77
05-03-22, 17:05
A good vote for who's going to ride the Duck Boats. Boston Bruins or Boston Celtics? Bruins has always been a dead horse after the second series. But, damn those Celtics, I really think they can make it to the finals! I don't believe they have what it takes to win the finals. But, I have a strong feeling they can at least make it that far.We'll see how the Celts do tonight. Bucks dominated game 1 on the road without Middleton in the lineup which scares me. Bucks are a deep team and the size of players like Giannis and Lopez causes matchup problems. Hopefully the Celtics can make some adjustments and lessen the number of turnovers.

Max Walker86
05-06-22, 22:05
Great win b's 2-4 I would have had trouble sleeping if this game was a loss. Wish I was there.

MeatMan
05-12-22, 17:49
Well, sports fans.

Looks like we've seen this all before, Could we see the Bruins and Celtics make miraculous comebacks this coming week?. I could go into a long rant as to why the Celtics lost a 14-point lead but, I'll lose my marbles. What say you?

Johnny Spades
05-12-22, 19:18
#1: They couldn't for the Life of me buy me any Rebounds in that last Qrt. Well basically last like 6 minutes Game Clock. I say Buy me = meaning they couldn't get any freakin Boards. Sorry I put in a stupid way, by saying "buy me".

Also, #2: Marcus Smart at the last 2 possessions he had the ball. I'm sorry Marcus you man been doing great these Playoffs. Until the ending to that Game. Not once, but twice he coughed up the bball. At the last 2 plays of that game. Jrue Holiday took him on a Vacation by pickpocketing. But. ,it may not be a permanent Go Home Vacation. Still, the Celtics have a good Fighting Chance. They won their last outing in Milwaukee. Hopefully tomorrow night in Mtown they win.

Note to the Celtics, don't let Marcus Man the ball at the end of the game. If its a close-tight Score again. Please someone else, for the Life of me, handle the Ball in those critical moments. Or in the 4th Quarter, In General. Preferably Tatum or JB. Or even Big Al. Big as in Strong dude / good player. He's been excellent in these Playoffs.

Marcus you had a wide open Jason Tatum to hit a 3. And send it to OT. Ok my Rant is over Meat Man. LOL and LMAO.

Johnny Spades
05-12-22, 20:02
Celtics lost Game 5. Not Game 6. Well hopefully they won't lose Game 6, tomorrow Night?

MeatMan
05-14-22, 07:54
Man I' was hyped from last nights game. No matter what happens Sunday, I feel really good about how we did in this series. Don't get me wrong, I would love if the Celtics did to the Bucks what they did to Toronto in 2020 and beat the defending champs, but the fact they got the Bucks to a game 7 is already quite an accomplishment. And thank god we finally got a dominating performance from Jayson Tatum when we needed it.

Excellent win by the Bruins. Dominated from start to finish. That's the kind of game the Bruins are going to have to play in Carolina to have any chance at all because you know the fans will be rocking that arena. Lets go, Bruins!

Mattis1775
05-16-22, 22:37
Nail biter for sure. Glad to see the green move forward. The Heat will be a challenge. Good luck to those boys. Thought the Bruins would go the second round, which they usually lose. But, played hard to the end. I appreciate that. Milwaukee gave up at the end. Bad plays and just shooting from everywhere. Game isn't over until it's over. Let's go Celts.

ArchersTarget
05-25-22, 18:22
Just as I posted earlier: The ship is already taking on water on the S. S. Bronx Bombers. 3 straight losses and here we go again. No Championship for 13 full season. Sure, they still have the best record in baseball, but, they are starting to fall apart.I'm not a Yankee fan but I don't think they will sink. They still have the best record in baseball and the lineup will carry the pitching.

MeatMan
06-10-22, 16:42
SO!. Tonight is a very important game where the Celtics can take a commanding 3-1 lead and man, the garden will be rocking!. Not going to drag this post out but, Draymond is a hypocrite, hell the Warriors are hypocrites. They don't like "our language" but they want to dish it out and never take it. Ooookkk.

ArchersTarget
06-11-22, 18:52
SO!. Tonight is a very important game where the Celtics can take a commanding 3-1 lead and man, the garden will be rocking!. Not going to drag this post out but, Draymond is a hypocrite, hell the Warriors are hypocrites. They don't like "our language" but they want to dish it out and never take it. Ooookkk.I think the Celtics blew it. They had a chance to go up 3-1 and they let the Warriors back in it and this might have been the last chance. They only have to shut Curry down and they couldn't do that. Easier said than done. I'm a little worried now. Actually I'm a lot worried.

JustAGigolo
06-12-22, 12:27
Hoping for a big win tomorrow at Golden State. The Celtics are 8-3 on the road in the playoffs, so I like their chances. They are only 5-4 at home in the playoffs. They play much better on the road.

JustAGigolo
06-12-22, 12:31
I think the Red sox will make the playoffs this year. They have won 10 of their last 12 games and are back in the mix. Their pitching will improve and they will add a pitcher at the trading deadline. Yankees will choke and prove to the baseball world that they are chumps, not champs.

JustAGigolo
06-13-22, 07:17
Bad news for us! Starting pitcher Nathan Eovaldi has a hurt back. So, he is out likely indefinitely. Back problems are difficult to diagnose and treat. This is a tough break. But, the Sox are playing great and there lineup will sustain his absence.

JustAGigolo
06-13-22, 07:19
I am predicting that the Celtics will win tonight at Golden State. They are 8-3 on the road in the playoffs and seem to rise when facing adversity. I actually think the pressure is on GS to win. Look for Jason Tatum to have a big night. GO C's!!

JustAGigolo
06-13-22, 07:44
I miss the old days of Boston talk radio. From around 1998 or so until mid 2000's Glen Ordway, Dick "The Monster" Raddatz, Sean McAdam of the Providence Journal, Tony Massarotti and a few others were real joy to listen too. These guys actually enjoyed what they were doing and they genuinely liked each other. They referred to themselves as the "Fat Bastards". The stories Raddatz used to tell about striking out Mickey Mantle of the Yankees was awesome! Raddatz faced some of the greatest power hitters of the early 60's like, Rocky Colavito, Harmon Killebrew, Frank "Hondo" Howard, Norm Cash, Al Kaline and Jim Gentile. Some of the best years of my life listening to Boston Sports Talk was listening to these guys as I did my Entenmann's route out of Franklin. I sure miss those guys.

RIP Dick "The Monster" Raddatz. You may be gone my friend, but never forgotten.

JustAGigolo
06-13-22, 08:01
The Yankees have a very tough stretch of 13 games coming up over the next two weeks against the Rays, Blue Jays and the lying, cheating and dirty low down assholes Houston Astros. I think the Yankees will collapse during this stretch against some of the best teams in baseball and lose between 8 and 10 of those games. My beloved Red Sox will continue to roll and make up 8 or 9 games on the "Stankees" during this stretch.

ArchersTarget
06-13-22, 19:24
The Yankees have a very tough stretch of 13 games coming up over the next two weeks against the Rays, Blue Jays and the lying, cheating and dirty low down assholes Houston Astros. I think the Yankees will collapse during this stretch against some of the best teams in baseball and lose between 8 and 10 of those games. My beloved Red Sox will continue to roll and make up 8 or 9 games on the "Stankees" during this stretch.The Yankees are for real. The Sox are on a nice little run but they haven't gained any ground on the Yankees. The Yankees will easily win win the division and they will win at least 8 or 9 games in the next 13 games. As far as the Celtics go I think they blew it when they lost Friday night and let the Warriors back into it. That's all they have to do is shut Curry down and they win. That's not easy to do so let's see what changes tonight. I hope they can pull off a win tonight but I think they blew a great opportunity.

JustAGigolo
06-13-22, 21:42
First quarter did not look good. But, this Celtics team has heart and I believe they will battle back to win this game. Either way, they still win game 6 back in Boston.

JustAGigolo
06-13-22, 21:48
[Deleted by Admin]

Greetings Everyone,

JustAGigolo posted that he/she will no longer be participating in the forum.

Pursuant to Forum Policy, I have deleted this resignation post and retired his/her membership.

Thanks,

Jackson

ArchersTarget
06-16-22, 16:21
They had a good run as I didn't think they would be in the finals at the beginning of the year but the end is near. I don't think they win tonight but if they do they are not winning game 7. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see it happening.

Mattis1775
07-01-22, 22:41
New Bruins Head Coach. Apparently, he has a history of being a stiff. Derek Sanderson would've been proud. Imagine back in those days that most of the players played drunk. Nice to have a can of beer instead of water or Gatorade.

Max Walker86
07-02-22, 17:42
New Bruins Head Coach. Apparently, he has a history of being a stiff. Derek Sanderson would've been proud. Imagine back in those days that most of the players played drunk. Nice to have a can of beer instead of water or Gatorade.Haven't heard of this guy, I looked it up he got fired for alcoholism from dallas. Bruce was a good coach imo but the bruins needed to play better as a team.

Mattis1775
08-25-22, 17:40
https://mobile.twitter.com/MPsMP4s/status/1561512917627011073?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1561831940654768129%7Ctwgr%5E3fae71af4de1169b2f8f32ea5fc6164e324bb9ad%7Ctwcon%5Es3_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fitsgame7.com%2Fcouple-allegedly-getting-intimate-at-oakland-as-stadium-goes-viral%2F

Buy these two a beer. What a woman!

Member #6450
08-25-22, 19:55
Haven't heard of this guy, I looked it up he got fired for alcoholism from dallas. Bruce was a good coach imo but the bruins needed to play better as a team.Now Bruce Cassidy is the HC of the Golden Knights. I have to admit I'm a fan of Vegas since their first season. They almost won the whole thing their first year as a team. I've been to a few Knights games out there including when the Bruins played there. Their games are a great time and it's like going to a rock concert. The production is pretty awesome. Plus they have another Boston connection with Dave Goucher calling the games now in LV. I hope Cassidy can win them a Stanley Cup.

Mattis1775
08-25-22, 20:06
Now Bruce Cassidy is the HC of the Golden Knights. I have to admit I'm a fan of Vegas since their first season. They almost won the whole thing their first year as a team. I've been to a few Knights games out there including when the Bruins played there. Their games are a great time and it's like going to a rock concert. The production is pretty awesome. Plus they have another Boston connection with Dave Goucher calling the games now in LV. I hope Cassidy can win them a Stanley Cup.This expansion team is a hell of a lot better than teams like Chicago, who's been around for over 50-years. That's what losing teams should do, dump, reset and reborn.

Max Walker86
11-01-22, 23:04
They were down 5-2 won the game tonight 5-6 in overtime at Pittsburgh 4 straight goals.

I really don't drink, just opened a bud light!

MeatMan
11-03-22, 10:55
They were down 5-2 won the game tonight 5-6 in overtime at Pittsburgh 4 straight goals.

I really don't drink, just opened a bud light!I am SO damn late replying to this. I saw that game and that was an amazing comeback and, that was WITHOUT their two other star players. Do you think the Bruins got what it takes to go all the way to the cup?

Max Walker86
11-03-22, 16:08
I am SO damn late replying to this. I saw that game and that was an amazing comeback and, that was WITHOUT their two other star players. Do you think the Bruins got what it takes to go all the way to the cup?I watch the games with my dad he said they have the talent to win the cup. He said during the Pittsburgh game if it gets to 5-4 things can change and they won! I believe they will get to the playoffs and can win the cup. Ill wait to see if they can consistently play like this. I was pretty nervous 2011 I actually stepped outside my house the last ten minutes of game 7 and heard my street erupt yelling and screaming, I'm sure it can happen again.

Mattis1775
12-18-22, 22:15
All pussies and TransFags from the MassHoles aside, I stood in front my TV for a few minutes, witnessing the most catastrophic ending in Patriots history. I thought that catch from Plaxico Burress during the Super Bowl was heartbreaking. But, this one kills it. Time to throw Mac Jones on the bench and bring in Bailey Zappe.

MeatMan
12-19-22, 14:30
All pussies and TransFags from the MassHoles aside, I stood in front my TV for a few minutes, witnessing the most catastrophic ending in Patriots history. I thought that catch from Plaxico Burress during the Super Bowl was heartbreaking. But, this one kills it. Time to throw Mac Jones on the bench and bring in Bailey Zappe.The refs didn't do them any favors either. I wouldn't understand the logic that Meyers lateralled the ball 15 yards. Why is Matt Patrica the O-line coach?. This season is laughable!.

Rion75
12-19-22, 15:24
They need to lose now for changes to happen. Krafts need to force Bill to field a talented team to include the coaching staff.

MeatMan
01-09-23, 12:47
I know I haven't contributed much on the sports thread but, I'll be more intuned come next month. The Pats' season was a total flop. High expectations were thrown out the window. The offense was a joke, Matt Patrica was the O-line coach (WHY) and Algohor couldn't catch a fucking bus if it stopped for him!. What changes are needed come next year for the Pats to get back into the winning column?. Please, logical answers.

The Bruins are completely mopping the NHL and have the league on notice. The Celtics are back to their winning ways again. With Rob back, and hopefully maintaining his health, we could see for the 1st time ever, two championship parades!. Boston is a city of firsts, let's see what comes down that road.

ArchersTarget
01-09-23, 17:33
I know I haven't contributed much on the sports thread but, I'll be more intuned come next month. The Pats' season was a total flop. High expectations were thrown out the window. The offense was a joke, Matt Patrica was the O-line coach (WHY) and Algohor couldn't catch a fucking bus if it stopped for him!. What changes are needed come next year for the Pats to get back into the winning column?. Please, logical answers.

The Bruins are completely mopping the NHL and have the league on notice. The Celtics are back to their winning ways again. With Rob back, and hopefully maintaining his health, we could see for the 1st time ever, two championship parades!. Boston is a city of firsts, let's see what comes down that road.The Patriots need to open their wallet to get decent talent. I would like to see some coaching changes. I wouldn't mind seeing Bill retire and get some young coach to turn things around. Kraft is pissed so I'm sure we will see something change. Not sure if Mac Jones is the guy but he has no receivers so you can't really judge him. They haven't been in the playoffs since Brady left so that has to piss some people off. It's going to be an interesting off season.

LustyB
01-09-23, 20:38

The Bruins are completely mopping the NHL and have the league on notice. The Celtics are back to their winning ways again. With Rob back, and hopefully maintaining his health, we could see for the 1st time ever, two championship parades!. Boston is a city of firsts, let's see what comes down that road.B's are on fire. 4 losses? Holy shit.

Member #6257
01-09-23, 20:49
I know I haven't contributed much on the sports thread but, I'll be more intuned come next month. The Pats' season was a total flop. High expectations were thrown out the window. The offense was a joke, Matt Patrica was the O-line coach (WHY) and Algohor couldn't catch a fucking bus if it stopped for him!. What changes are needed come next year for the Pats to get back into the winning column?. Please, logical answers.Matt's probably angling for another head coaching job after things went bad in Detroit. Otherwise his experience doesn't add up to being a good O-line coach since that's not in his experience. It will be interesting what the QB situation will be next year and if any offensive weapons can be added to the team.

Max Walker86
02-24-23, 02:12
I have not seen a game like that this season. 6-5 end of third.

I was on edge that last 4 minutes.

Max Walker86
03-01-23, 01:03
Bruins won in calgary tonight 4-3 Mcavoy scored four seconds left in 0-t.

Bruins were tired ullmark saved 54 goals.

What a game go b's!

CornPop
03-10-23, 13:01
It's finally live in Massachusetts. About time. Now I can combine my two favorite vices into one.

MeatMan
04-30-23, 09:14
I'm typing all this from my phone so, I'll rough it. The celtics road to the Championship got a HELL of a lot lighter since the Bucks were eliminated but, I've said all year to keep and eye out for the Knicks and the Miami Heat. Those two teams are tough!. With NY adding Brunson, formerly of the Mavericks (boy, did they fucked up. LOL!) to thier roster, the Knicks look like a serious contender.

The Bruins season is do or die!. All those accolades during the regular season are good and all but, without the Stanley Cup in focus, It means shit!. Bruins pull this one out 6-4.

P.S. Ime Udoka is now the head coach for the Houston Rockets. Houston, hide your wives!...ha ha!.

MeatMan
05-01-23, 05:36
**WARNING ALL CAPS!

WELP THERES GOES THE SEASON! YOU HORSEDICK SUCKING ASSCLOWNS!. HOW IN THE EVER LOVING FUCK DO YOU BLOW A GAME WITH:16 ON THE FUCKING CLOCK? OH NO, WAS YOUR LACK OF DEFENSE ON NOT PROTECTING THE GOODDAMN FACEOFF? THE BRUINS CAN SUCK A GOB OF OXDICKS FROM HERE TO ETERNITY!. I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD!. THIS IS THE BIGGEST FUCKING CHOKE SINCE 07'. FUCK MY LIFE!

MeatMan

Max Walker86
05-01-23, 06:34
**WARNING ALL CAPS!

WELP THERES GOES THE SEASON! YOU HORSEDICK SUCKING ASSCLOWNS!. HOW IN THE EVER LOVING FUCK DO YOU BLOW A GAME WITH:16 ON THE FUCKING CLOCK? OH NO, WAS YOUR LACK OF DEFENSE ON NOT PROTECTING THE GOODDAMN FACEOFF? THE BRUINS CAN SUCK A GOB OF OXDICKS FROM HERE TO ETERNITY!. I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD!. THIS IS THE BIGGEST FUCKING CHOKE SINCE 07'. FUCK MY LIFE!

MeatManI don't get it how the heck can something like that happen?

Total moral devastation.

Ill be in the city soon heading to work. Pp are all going to be fucked up.

Nrlmus
05-01-23, 12:46
I don't get it how the heck can something like that happen?

Total moral devastation.

Ill be in the city soon heading to work. Pp are all going to be fucked up.It happens to that team all the time, doesn't it? Remember Philly? There is a soft spot somewhere that needs to be hardened up. Maybe Bergeron is just too mild of the man to be captain? I mean don't get me wrong the man is a great player. But Syd Crosby mixes up when needs be, and is known to be cheapy and all that. Maybe they need someone who is a bit more of an asshole like Marchand to take over captaincy to avoid situations like this? First they were leading 3:1 and then this. It seems like there is not enough anger; this team has soft knees. This team has always had a bit of that, didn't they?

RI CheeseHead
05-01-23, 18:13
Kevin Weekes tweeted that Ullmark played with a torn Labrum. This is why you don't hire an ex-drunk as a head coach. What a dumb move when you have Swayman on the bench who has won what, like 9 straight and you always alternated goalies during regular season.

Entire management needs to go.

ArchersTarget
05-01-23, 18:45
**WARNING ALL CAPS!

MeatManI Blame Montgomery For this one. You alternate goalies all season long than you decide to play Ullmark for 6 games straight and then you play Swayman for the 7th game. When it isn't broken leave it alone numnuts. You need your best goaltender in game 7 and that didn't happen.

Max Walker86
05-01-23, 20:31
It happens to that team all the time, doesn't it? Remember Philly? There is a soft spot somewhere that needs to be hardened up. Maybe Bergeron is just too mild of the man to be captain? I mean don't get me wrong the man is a great player. But Syd Crosby mixes up when needs be, and is known to be cheapy and all that. Maybe they need someone who is a bit more of an asshole like Marchand to take over captaincy to avoid situations like this? First they were leading 3:1 and then this. It seems like there is not enough anger; this team has soft knees. This team has always had a bit of that, didn't they?Everything you said was in the back of my mind about bergeron and the b's. My old man said playoffs are different but I just don't get it its like the team fell apart.

I'm still very proud of their regular season record. I will always go to games and support the b's.

MeatMan
05-12-23, 15:59
Hard fought win against the 76'ers last night. JT was hitting bricks all night but, damned if he didn't come through in clutchtime. Marcus NEEDS to play his role much better down the stretch. Jalen is a hell of a player. Give that man all the kudos he's been through.

Come Sunday, it's once again, do or die. I'd love to see a Boston VS NY ECF. That would be a barn burner for ratings.

MeatMan
05-15-23, 12:04
JT lost his mind last night! Very inspiring game and well fought!. Loved the atmosphere after the game at TD. On to Miami. Could there be a Lakers VS Celtics banner for 18 war looming?. Holy shit!. It was well-needed after the choke job by you know whom.

JCarve
05-15-23, 12:15
Such a great game, with JT going off and all the shots coming down. I really love this group and can't wait to see how our depth stacks up to Miami, really love to see Time Lord out there putting on that amazing defense. Would love to get a watch party going with maybe an amenable lady for some extra entertainment, I can't host but would be more than willing to throw down while we watch our beloved Celtics throw down as well, let me know in the PMs, I know this group is special and let's go Cs.

Member #6450
05-15-23, 13:30
JT lost his mind last night! Very inspiring game and well fought!. Loved the atmosphere after the game at TD. On to Miami. Could there be a Lakers VS Celtics banner for 18 war looming?. Holy shit!. It was well-needed after the choke job by you know whom.It's sure shaping up to be a Celtics vs Lakers Finals. The C's turned it on the second half yesterday. What a game!

MeatMan
05-26-23, 03:08
The Celtics still got a fight in them but, game 6 will be a dogfight! It could be one of the greatest playoff games in Celtics history. I'm thinking in terms of the 1981 ECF game when Boston went down to Philadelphia and beat them in a game 6. Miami better not fuck up or, it is OVER!.

Plman Smith
05-26-23, 09:50
The Celtics still got a fight in them but, game 6 will be a dogfight! It could be one of the greatest playoff games in Celtics history. I'm thinking in terms of the 1981 ECF game when Boston went down to Philadelphia and beat them in a game 6. Miami better not fuck up or, it is OVER!.If they show up, and by that I mean Play their best. They will win. At least that's what I'm hoping, LOL.

What does Vegas say? LOL.

MeatMan
05-26-23, 16:54
If they show up, and by that I mean Play their best. They will win. At least that's what I'm hoping, LOL.

What does Vegas say? LOL.As of now.

Spread: Boston -2. 5.

Total: 211.

Moneyline: Boston -145, Miami +124.

ArchersTarget
05-26-23, 18:21
If they show up, and by that I mean Play their best. They will win. At least that's what I'm hoping, LOL.

What does Vegas say? LOL.The Celtics are the better team but Mazzulla and Brad Stevens Vs Spoelstra and Pat Riley I would bet on Miami.

MeatMan
05-28-23, 11:27
UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE!. Derek White shall never have to pay for a beer in this town, ever!. Tomorrow, Boston is going to be on fire!. Game 7 will be "lit".

MeatMan
08-02-23, 16:35
Just some pondering thoughts going through my head while I'm smokin' a joint.

1. Why does the WNBA suck?. It's full of dykes who can't play defense, offense, whatever the fuck, THEY ALL SUCK!. 98% of them don't like dick anyway!. No wonder they can't shoot straight!.
2. $350 M For Jaylen Brown. Man, he better be worth every fucking penny here on out!
3. TB12's new piece of tail!. The ex-wife is feeling salty that he got something tighter and younger.

Just something to ponder since the Red Sox are a hot glob of dogshit!

MeatMan

LongDongTV
08-07-23, 10:46

1. Why does the WNBA suck?. It's full of dykes who can't play defense, offense, whatever the fuck, THEY ALL SUCK!. 98% of them don't like dick anyway!. No wonder they can't shoot straight!.
2. $350 M For Jaylen Brown. Man, he better be worth every fucking penny here on out!
3. TB12's new piece of tail!. The ex-wife is feeling salty that he got something tighter and younger.

MeatManYeah $350 M for JB is insane. He's not that good yet to where he should be getting that much imo but the potential is there.

Member #6450
08-07-23, 14:41

MeatMan1. WNBA sucks for those reasons you state and the fact that the female population by and large are not into sports. These ladies bitched that they deserve to be paid like a male NBA player. Bill Burr had the absolute perfect take on the WNBA. He basically said it was the female population that failed the WNBA and not the other way around. Bill says I'm not going to watch the WNBA for you ladies. Shows like the Kardashians or Real Housewives are what women consider their sports. A lot of women would rather watch trash tv than sports of any kind. When was the last time you saw someone wearing a WNBA team hat or shirt? Probably never. Here is Bill Burrs thoughts on the WNBA and womens sports.

https://youtu.be/QY9Gz_IMn_k

2. That's an insane amount of money for Jaylen Brown. We'll see how he plays. He better have a career year this upcoming season. Otherwise it's going to be seen as a colossal waste of money.

3. Hadn't seen TB12's new girlfriend. Just looked her up and she's a smoke.

MeatMan
08-11-23, 09:33
1. WNBA sucks for those reasons you state and the fact that the female population by and large are not into sports. These ladies bitched that they deserve to be paid like a male NBA player. Bill Burr had the absolute perfect take on the WNBA. He basically said it was the female population that failed the WNBA and not the other way around. Bill says I'm not going to watch the WNBA for you ladies. Shows like the Kardashians or Real Housewives are what women consider their sports. A lot of women would rather watch trash tv than sports of any kind. When was the last time you saw someone wearing a WNBA team hat or shirt? Probably never. Here is Bill Burrs thoughts on the WNBA and womens sports.

https://youtu.be/QY9Gz_IMn_k

I remember watching a video on Youtube of the Chicago Sky Championship parade and how pathetic it looked. I've seen more people at the DMV than what I saw. It was absolutely hilarious!. Since the whole feministic idealism has been nothing more than toxic soup for men (ex. trannies in women's sports and women supporting it), why would I, or anyone with a sense of logic, take these woke fucks seriously?. The USWNT team is another classless team as well!. These dyke ass broads have penis envy!.

MeatMan
10-08-23, 16:14
The Patriots are a pile of dogshit on a foggy day!. Best believe, there will be a major shakeup coming soon. This is absolutely a fucking JOKE!. We weren't even sound against the goddamn Jets!. A FG within 2 WEEKS?!?...Fuck!

ArchersTarget
10-08-23, 16:36
The Patriots are a pile of dogshit on a foggy day!. Best believe, there will be a major shakeup coming soon. This is absolutely a fucking JOKE!. We weren't even sound against the goddamn Jets!. A FG within 2 WEEKS?!?...Fuck!Bills time has come. He will never change his ways. Just proves he is nothing without Brady.

MeatMan
10-09-23, 08:38
Bills time has come. He will never change his ways. Just proves he is nothing without Brady.I'll never dismiss him as a bad coach but, the team needs new blood!. Mayo is next in line to be head coach. It's just a matter of when. I'm not willing to sit through a plethora of years looking at decrepit football. It has to change, FAST!

Mattis1775
10-09-23, 10:45
I'll never dismiss him as a bad coach but, the team needs new blood!. Mayo is next in line to be head coach. It's just a matter of when. I'm not willing to sit through a plethora of years looking at decrepit football. It has to change, FAST!Start with the QB. Zappe needs time to play and shine. Jones is in his third year and hasn't grown. Offense needs adjustment. Fans are inpatient. Dolphins is the team to watch, unless people wants to start watching the Chiefs with their new fan base. LOL.

CornPop
10-09-23, 11:29
Start with the QB. Zappe needs time to play and shine. Jones is in his third year and hasn't grown. Offense needs adjustment. Fans are inpatient. Dolphins is the team to watch, unless people wants to start watching the Chiefs with their new fan base. LOL.Bill has to go. Can't draft or coach anymore. His defense first and special teams approach doesn't play any more in today's nfl. Thank him for his service and put a statue up.

Get an offense minded guy to be head coach.

Nrlmus
10-09-23, 15:26
Just thought I remind everybody of Bill Belichick's history:

1. Bill Parcells who won two Superbowls with an ok QBs, ok let's call Simms good. He also took Pats to Superbowl and almost took the Cowboys there too (stupid Romo dropped a game winning field goal snap in the last minute). He called Belichick great defensive coordinator.

2. Bill coaches the Browns with very good QB at the helm: 1 playoff game in 4 years.

3. Bill coaching the Jets. Eh-eh-eh LOL.

4. Bill coaching the Pats before Brady with the same QB that Parcells took to the SB, and loosing one game after another. He later would say that he thought he'd be fired soon until.

5. Brady shows up. To Bill'd greatest credit he stuck with Brady, even after his star QB was ready to take his QB job back.

6. Brady leaves. Mac comes in. In his first year Mac is doing pretty well until they go into the slump and Mac blames defense. Imagine Brady doing that? LOL.

7. Mac sucked ever since. Mac gets injured Zappe comes out in relief, almost beats Aaron Rogers in GB, and wins all the subsequent games where he was a starter. Did Bill learn anything from his old Bledsoe-Brady situation? Nop. He goes back to Mac who predictably goes back to being mediocre.

Conclusion: Bill has never been a good head coach. He just lucked out. I think I could've coached the Pats with Brady to Superbowl too. That's what Bruce Arians did in Tampa.

It's like driving a Tesla with FSD. Just relax, go to sleep and let it take you wherever you need to go. Yea yea, I know, you got to keep your knees on the wheel. LOL.

Sounds
10-09-23, 16:03
Start with the QB. Zappe needs time to play and shine. Jones is in his third year and hasn't grown. Offense needs adjustment. Fans are inpatient. Dolphins is the team to watch, unless people wants to start watching the Chiefs with their new fan base. LOL.San Francisco is the team to beat this year. If they stay healthy they will win it all. Purdy is the new Brady.

Sounds
10-09-23, 16:05
Bill has to go. Can't draft or coach anymore. His defense first and special teams approach doesn't play any more in today's nfl. Thank him for his service and put a statue up.

Get an offense minded guy to be head coach.Problem is not Bill coaching. Problem is Bill as GM.

He just needs to focus on coaching and have someone else pick the talent.

Mattis1775
10-10-23, 11:46
San Francisco is the team to beat this year. If they stay healthy they will win it all. Purdy is the new Brady.Indeed. Glad they got rid of Garoppolo. Football is the only thing going for SF. The city absolutely sucks.

ArchersTarget
10-10-23, 16:42
Problem is not Bill coaching. Problem is Bill as GM.

He just needs to focus on coaching and have someone else pick the talent.We need some young coach that can change the direction of this team. That seems to be the way teams are going with. Bill will never change and needs to go. I'm not sure Kraft has the balls to fire him but when the stadium starts to empty out at halftime Kraft is losing a fortune from sales. Let's see how this unfolds.

Mattis1775
10-10-23, 18:28
Thank him for his service and put a statue up.Haha. Can't get more honest than that! Hell, people in Congress should be doing the same thing!

MeatMan
10-12-23, 13:25
Just thought I remind everybody of Bill Belichick's history:

1. Bill Parcells who won two Superbowls with an ok QBs, ok let's call Simms good. He also took Pats to Superbowl and almost took the Cowboys there too (stupid Romo dropped a game winning field goal snap in the last minute). He called Belichick great defensive coordinator.

2. Bill coaches the Browns with very good QB at the helm: 1 playoff game in 4 years.

3. Bill coaching the Jets. Eh-eh-eh LOL.

4. Bill coaching the Pats before Brady with the same QB that Parcells took to the SB, and loosing one game after another. He later would say that he thought he'd be fired soon until.

5. Brady shows up. To Bill'd greatest credit he stuck with Brady, even after his star QB was ready to take his QB job back.

6. Brady leaves. Mac comes in. In his first year Mac is doing pretty well until they go into the slump and Mac blames defense. Imagine Brady doing that? LOL.

7. Mac sucked ever since. Mac gets injured Zappe comes out in relief, almost beats Aaron Rogers in GB, and wins all the subsequent games where he was a starter. Did Bill learn anything from his old Bledsoe-Brady situation? Nop. He goes back to Mac who predictably goes back to being mediocre.

Conclusion: Bill has never been a good head coach. He just lucked out. I think I could've coached the Pats with Brady to the Superbowl too. That's what Bruce Arians did in Tampa.

It's like driving a Tesla with FSD. Just relax, go to sleep and let it take you wherever you need to go. Yeah yeah, I know, you got to keep your knees on the wheel. LOL.Courtesy of ChatGPT:

- Bill Belichick's experiment with Matt Patricia as offensive coordinator and Joe Judge coaching quarterbacks was a failure.

- The offense shifted to a wide-zone-centered run game, which resulted in poor performance and a low hit-at-the-line rate.

- Gap-scheme runs, which the team used pre-Patricia, were more profitable.

- The team struggled with spacing in the redzone, iffy blocking mechanics, and busting rudimentary play designs.

- Mac Jones' development was hindered, and he struggled with consistency and accuracy, particularly in the intermediate portion of the field.

Also lots of interesting commentary on Mac Jones's strengths vs weaknesses, such as:

Back in his Alabama days, Jones had two elite traits: Playing as the trigger man on RPOs; and driving the ball down the field. He operated quickly, both on quick-hitting RPOs and in reading out the shape of the defense and the geometry of his receivers on those deep-breaking options.

The Patriots have installed precisely zero of those core concepts into their offense with Jones at the helm beyond the rudimentary adjustments vs. Coverage that are featured in every side's playbook.

In Jones' time in New England, they have run precisely two (downfield RPOs. Even Patricia, who tried to add some optionality to the offense, preferred the bubble-screen tag variety rather than the downfield basics, typically to put a backside stretch on the defense away from the targeted run side. It was an addendum, a break glass option, something to boost the potency of the run game, not to feature Jones as a downfield bomber.

This is a must-win for Bill. The last thing Bob wants to see is Bill going 0-3 against McDaniels, 0-2 against Jimmy G, and Meyers having a good game. Remember how embarrassing it was when they kept losing to Parcells with the Jets?

A loss will put in the nail in the coffin for Bill with Buffalo and at Miami incoming.

Mattis1775
10-14-23, 17:37
- Mac Jones' development was hindered, and he struggled with consistency and accuracy, particularly in the intermediate portion of the field.For a 3rd year player, we expected him to be great. Instead, he looked worse than he was as a Rookie. On top of that, you have your own crowd. Yes, your own fan base chanting the secondary QB to play vice you. Hey, if I was in HS or College, that would definitely suck! But he's getting paid close to 4-million a year, they can chant whoever they want. Shit, I'll sit on the bench and make 4-million.

Time to focus on the Bruins with their new rat of a Captain and maybe, the Celtics will shine again with their new 60-million a year Jaylen Brown! I still can't believe they gave him that deal! Maybe, he'll put on that mask again.

Mattis1775
10-23-23, 11:21
Patriots beat the Bills! No way. I couldn't believe it. The Bills need to be realigned. When Josh Allen is good, he's good. But when he sucks, man he really sucks!

Mac Jones received a breath of relief. He's a Hero, for now anyways. Bill Belichick signed a hidden contract, received his 300th win, most of it from cheating.

The Bruins is 5-0, the same BS every year. Top team of the league and lose the first round. What's up with the Celtics? How's our new million dollar masked man?

MeatMan
10-27-23, 12:41
Hows the Time Lord trade looking?. Love them as a player but injury prone. Knicks fans are eating humble pie now, cappin ass idiots! Go Celtics!.

Mattis1775
10-28-23, 11:06
Hows the Time Lord trade looking?. Love them as a player but injury prone. Knicks fans are eating humble pie now, cappin ass idiots! Go Celtics!.I hope this Bum isn't overrated. He's had limited games, minutes and stats, played multiple teams. Never know, the Celtics may be the place for this guy to shine. Only time will tell.

MeatMan
11-02-23, 10:47
I hope this Bum isn't overrated. He's had limited games, minutes and stats, played multiple teams. Never know, the Celtics may be the place for this guy to shine. Only time will tell.Its still early in the season. I just want to see the effort going through till December. So far, so good!.

MeatMan
11-02-23, 10:51
There are only 2 undefeated teams left in the NBA, the Celtics and the Mavericks. And, in other news, the Nuggets are now 4-1, the Heat are 1-4, Milwaukee is two games back at 2-2, and Memphis is 0-5 Marcus sure as hell isn't feeling good about that.

Longjblues
11-02-23, 11:42
It's much the same as Brogden was, the regular season is great, but will Porzingis be available and healthy for the playoffs. So far, so good.

I hope this Bum isn't overrated. He's had limited games, minutes and stats, played multiple teams. Never know, the Celtics may be the place for this guy to shine. Only time will tell.

MeatMan
11-08-23, 12:56
It's all the talk on the news and the internet. Could BB lose his job if he loses in Germany?.

"Based on my conversations, I don't think it's 100% that Belichick finishes out this season. These next two games before the bye are huge, particularly the Germany game, which is practically the team's Super Bowl for the Krafts. If Belichick loses at home to the Commanders and then to the Colts, and comes home from Germany with a 2-8 record, I think there's a chance the Krafts could make the move in the bye week and install Jerod Mayo as the interim coach for the final seven games. ".

Bill is in the "hot seat". As if he's never sat on one before when he coached the Browns.

Celtics & Bruins are looking good BUT it's waaay too early in the season to be pumping chests.

ArchersTarget
11-08-23, 18:40
It's all the talk on the news and the internet. Could BB lose his job if he loses in Germany?.

"Based on my conversations, I don't think it's 100% that Belichick finishes out this season. These next two games before the bye are huge, particularly the Germany game, which is practically the team's Super Bowl for the Krafts. If Belichick loses at home to the Commanders and then to the Colts, and comes home from Germany with a 2-8 record, I think there's a chance the Krafts could make the move in the bye week and install Jerod Mayo as the interim coach for the final seven games. ".

Bill is in the "hot seat". As if he's never sat on one before when he coached the Browns.

Celtics & Bruins are looking good BUT it's waaay too early in the season to be pumping chests.I wish they did get rid of BB but I don't think Kraft would do it in the middle of the season.

Member #6450
11-08-23, 22:59
I wish they did get rid of BB but I don't think Kraft would do it in the middle of the season.I'm leaning toward Bill finishing out the season. He's at least earned that grace. But good God are they painful to watch. If they lose to the Colts this week all bets are off so who knows. Does anyone really give a shit if Belichick breaks the all time win record at this point? I don't. Who gives a fuck, especially when the team sucks? Putting Mayo in there is probably a good idea. He probably has the respect of the players. I've heard rumors that the locker room is in complete disarray. So maybe getting rid of Bill is the move. I'll always love the Pats and will still mostly watch.

MeatMan
11-12-23, 17:19
What a lethargic fucking team. No running game, no ability to get the TE open, O-Line is laughable!. I swear, the Patriots flew all the way to Germany to NOT score a TD!. Wow man, just wow. I got German friends overseas who are giving me the business that my team sucks and rightfully so. Time to purge this team!.

Nrlmus
11-12-23, 20:58
What a lethargic fucking team. No running game, no ability to get the TE open, O-Line is laughable!. I swear, the Patriots flew all the way to Germany to NOT score a TD!. Wow man, just wow. I got German friends overseas who are giving me the business that my team sucks and rightfully so. Time to purge this team!.Really? I thought Running game was actually alright. No passing game from Mac for obvious reasons. Scary shit.

Sounds
11-13-23, 11:36
Really? I thought Running game was actually alright. No passing game from Mac for obvious reasons. Scary shit.Agree about the running game.

Also would say loss has nothing to do with coaching. Mac throwing an interception instead of a touchdown has nothing to do with coaching. Just failure to execute. He does this often. Can't perform in the big moments.

Mattis1775
11-24-23, 22:57
Not a basketball guy. But, follow the Celtics here and there. Been seeing this In-Season Tournament on TV lately and I guess it breaks up the season play with some tournament play. Had to read up on it just to see how the format is established and the goal for the tournament. Seems pretty cool. Way better than the All-Star game, which nowadays seems to be a waste of time.

Kanairo45
12-04-23, 08:07
Paul pierce used this site. Anyone tried it?

MeatMan
12-04-23, 10:49
Not a basketball guy. But, follow the Celtics here and there. Been seeing this In-Season Tournament on TV lately and I guess it breaks up the season play with some tournament play. Had to read up on it just to see how the format is established and the goal for the tournament. Seems pretty cool. Way better than the All-Star game, which nowadays seems to be a waste of time.I like the concept, I hope teams take it seriously. I do think they could incentivize it a little more so teams take it seriously. My idea is that if you win it you get +5 (or something like that) to your end-of-season win total for playoff seeding purposes. Not as broken as a free playoff spot, but still a real championship-relevant incentive. I think the Euro Basketball Leauge does something similar.

P.S. Euro Leauge basketball fans are fucking rabid and hardcore!.

Mattis1775
12-18-23, 07:22
It's funny that the Pats were out of the playoffs awhile ago. But the commentaries and news outlets continue to remind us that they are out of the playoffs. What a sad season. Zappe played well for the first half and failed in the 2nd. The entire game was overshadowed by Taylor Swift who kept showing her both on TV and on the stadium screen. Hell, even Taylor Swift fans bought tickets just to see her and not the Patriots. It was almost like it was back in the day when the Sullivans owned the team. Fans were buying tickets to watch the other team!

Moving on to the Celtics, who lost the In-Season Tournament and the Bruins who lost Pastrňák from a Misconduct.

MeatMan
12-24-23, 11:50
It's funny that the Pats were out of the playoffs awhile ago. But the commentaries and news outlets continue to remind us that they are out of the playoffs. What a sad season. Zappe played well for the first half and failed in the 2nd. The entire game was overshadowed by Taylor Swift who kept showing her both on TV and on the stadium screen. Hell, even Taylor Swift fans bought tickets just to see her and not the Patriots. It was almost like it was back in the day when the Sullivans owned the team. Fans were buying tickets to watch the other team!

Moving on to the Celtics, who lost the In-Season Tournament and the Bruins who lost Pastrňk from a Misconduct.The fan I am for the Patriots will never fade. However, the product on the field was horribly bad, lethargic, and uninspiring. I could go on a long rant about why but, its a waste of energy. Long season is still in swing for the Celtics and Bruins. I just want to see how they are down the stretch come April.

Nrlmus
12-25-23, 02:31
And give him some tools to work with. Spend draft picks on Corey Dillon-type or a deep threat. Picking top placed QB could easily turn into Mac Jones or Zach Wilson and Belichick doesn't seem to have good rapport with top draft pick QBs (Kosar, Bledsoe, Jones). Umpteenth rounders are not as demanding with less ego and greater chip on their shoulders while Belichick is a control freak. Didn't we used to have one like that already?

Bailey is a good QB, no worse than Purdy. But Purdy has McCaffrey, Samuel & Kittle to work with while Bailey's best goto is Zeke who was cut from Dallas. Don't let perfect be enemy of the good. Don't be creative and keep Bailey. Just my 2 cents.

P.S. And oh yea, get Brady as a QB coach LOL.

Mattis1775
12-26-23, 20:48
And give him some tools to work with. Spend draft picks on Corey Dillon-type or a deep threat. Picking top placed QB could easily turn into Mac Jones or Zach Wilson and Belichick doesn't seem to have good rapport with top draft pick QBs (Kosar, Bledsoe, Jones). Umpteenth rounders are not as demanding with less ego and greater chip on their shoulders while Belichick is a control freak. Didn't we used to have one like that already?

Bailey is a good QB, no worse than Purdy. But Purdy has McCaffrey, Samuel & Kittle to work with while Bailey's best goto is Zeke who was cut from Dallas. Don't let perfect be enemy of the good. Don't be creative and keep Bailey. Just my 2 cents.

P.S. And oh yea, get Brady as a QB coach LOL.Definitely keep Bailey Zappe, trade Mac Jones and please get rid of the kicker Chad Ryland. I don't care if he hit the winning FG. They planted the ball right down the middle and he almost got his kick blocked by the right flank. If you watch the replays again, the Broncos player absolutely went passed the Right Guard with ease.

New coach, new offense line and some Wide Receivers. Now that Brady is a single man, I would love to see him back in NE.

DJrunner
12-27-23, 07:20
You really think Zappe is the answer? Why not revisit this when he plays against a real defense. This dude like Jones are clowns both are career backups, trade Jones? Never he makes little money and is controlled at least for next year. What the hell is he worth anyhow? You're going to tell me a 2nd or 3rd pick right? The Bills will bring Zappe down to earth. I personally am enjoy the demise of your Patriots and the greatest coach in history fall. Oh, the greatest coach WITH Brady, the dude is just another coach right now.

Definitely keep Bailey Zappe, trade Mac Jones and please get rid of the kicker Chad Ryland. I don't care if he hit the winning FG. They planted the ball right down the middle and he almost got his kick blocked by the right flank. If you watch the replays again, the Broncos player absolutely went passed the Right Guard with ease.

New coach, new offense line and some Wide Receivers. Now that Brady is a single man, I would love to see him back in NE.

MeatMan
12-29-23, 11:31
That was a well-fought game. Teams with losing records often have nothing to play for, but pride. The basketball fan in me feels for the Pistons. No professional team in the NBA should go through that.... Except for the Lakers. I think the spread was 18.5. Had the Celtics lost, it would've been a payday for some fan with deep pockets!. Long season ahead!.

MeatMan
01-12-24, 11:49
So Nick Saban, Pete Carrol, and of course Bill getting fired wild news?. Also, as I type this, Jerod Mayo is our new head coach!. Where will this new chapter take us?. Will the Patriots finally shell out money for top-tier players?.

Mattis1775
01-12-24, 12:35
So Nick Saban, Pete Carrol, and of course Bill getting fired wild news?. Also, as I type this, Jerod Mayo is our new head coach!. Where will this new chapter take us?. Will the Patriots finally shell out money for top-tier players?.Tom Brady leaving and not receiving any picks, trades or cash was the worst thing. Bob Kraft needs to also step aside and let the next generation take over. Hire top-tiered staff to run the organization, while he can sip his cocktails in his box. I expect 5-years before we see another winning or even close to a championship season.

Mattis1775
03-09-24, 22:14
Rumor has it that Bill Belichick was offered a Defensive Coordinator's position with the 49 ers? He'll be lucky if he can get a job as a water guy! He doesn't have the personality to be on TV. But you never know. If Shaq can be on TV with the likes of Charles Barkley, then anyone can. Look at Tim Tebow, calling out plays in College.

Max Walker86
04-20-24, 21:46
Watching the b's vs the maple Leafs with the old man he hates seeing this new sports betting, me too. Bet 5 get 150.

The advertisements are all over the city. I personally hate gambling easy come easy go.

Mattis1775
04-21-24, 20:32
Watching the b's vs the maple Leafs with the old man he hates seeing this new sports betting, me too. Bet 5 get 150.

The advertisements are all over the city. I personally hate gambling easy come easy go.History shows that our one and only "The Big Bad Bruins" will fail us again. From breaking records to finishing with the best league record, they continue to disappoint us. I'd be surprised if they make it past the first round.

MeatMan
04-26-24, 08:27
How is his decision-making? Pocket presence? Pocket poise?. Last year his stats sucked but the previous year were good. Have not seen any tape so just I'm talking crap. Knew there was zero chance Kraft would allow us to pass on a QB at 3rd.

Still a long way to go for the Celtics and Bruins. I do however like the grit the Bruins showed in Toronto. Even down 2-1 is a task!. Miami is no pushover!.