PDA

View Full Version : Hitchhikers?

Member #4144
06-09-05, 18:58
So I've always wondered if the old movie plots where truckers pick up female hitchhikers at truckstop restaurants is just a fairy tale?

I am travelling from Oklahoma to Seattle next week and wouldn't mind some company, but don't know where to look. Any suggestions from anyone?

Thanks!

Stormrider
06-23-05, 11:15
Well, I've picked up my fair share while I was over the road. Some that I had success with and some that I did not. Usually, you will find that the hitchhikers will use the CB and ask for rides there rather than at the restaurants.

Let's see, where have I picked up hitchers before? T/A-Las Vegas, T/A-Sparks NV, AMBEST-Barstow CA, Pilot-Oklahoma City, Flying J-Thousand Palms CA, Petro-El Paso, Flying J-Indianapolis, Petro-West Memphis AR, T/A-Youngstown OH, T/A-Gary IN, Petro-Atlanta, Trucktown-Fontana CA.

A word of advice. Hitchhikers at the truckstops can tend to be some of the dregs of society; ie-addicts, criminals, lunatics and just plain DIRTY people.

Be careful what you're getting into and what you're letting into your vehicle.
And get a good whiff of thenm first, hehehehe.

Storm Rider

Stormrider
12-19-05, 23:15
Have you guys seen that movie Monster?
Of course I have. I believe there is less danger picking up a hitcher than sitting in a truck stop and letting a LL in. Of course, sometimes, they are one and the same. Anyway, God blessed us all with a set of eyes, ears, and a brain. If you can't make a good decision with the tools he gave you and if you don't have the common sense to know how to use them, my advice would be to stay out of mongering, because one day, you're gonna get hurt regardless, because of idiotic decisions and/or the inability to use good sense.

Storm Rider

Sakudi
02-23-10, 10:58
I've been browsing here for a bit and didn't notice this forum, usefull for us truckers, TY!

BillyBobMi
03-29-12, 10:47
Years ago, there were lots of hitch hikers to be found. Some nice and some not so nice. Back then, you could tell you were getting close to a major truck stop because of all the chatter on the radio and guys putting on the air about some young lady looking for a ride. Gave a ride to the same girl twice one summer, from the 76 Youngstown to the Boston area. And there was another girl from OH who worked truck stops in PA. Got a ride in the afternoon going east and in the early morning going back west.

Hooked up with a rider once, she rode with me from Sunday night till I found a different ride for her on Friday. She had a good appetite all the way around and last I heard, she had a trucker boyfriend and was running coast to coast with him.

Just my 2 cents.

GeishaDreamer
02-24-13, 21:23
So I've always wondered if the old movie plots where truckers pick up female hitchhikers at truckstop restaurants is just a fairy tale?

I am travelling from Oklahoma to Seattle next week and wouldn't mind some company, but don't know where to look. Any suggestions from anyone?

Thanks!If you come thru NC, PM me I know every spoy from stateline to stateline.

I have a personal favorite not ad on the eyes or wallet. Pretty petite dd free blonde groupie.

IAmKim5287
01-31-22, 11:48
If you come thru NC, PM me I know every spoy from stateline to stateline.

I have a personal favorite not ad on the eyes or wallet. Pretty petite dd free blonde groupie.I am located in Blacksburg va but travel to many other areas and trucker friendly! Thank you guys for all your hard work and be safe on the roads.