PDA

View Full Version : New members and private messages

Madmaxon
10-10-17, 20:01
In other (non-sex related) forums I often see new members required to post a certain minimum number of times on the open boards before they're allowed to use the PM feature. I think that would be very helpful. Or even making it so only senior members can use PMs. I find it annoying that people sign up and try to get back-channel info without anything posted at all. Who are these people??

IceCreamLoad
06-20-18, 01:23
OP I don't mean to hijack your thread but since I lack the permissions to make a post I will post here instead.

This forum has so much potential but why isn't the communication / posting in real-time? Most of the time when I've posted we have to wait 2-3 days for the post to be allowed by a moderator.

To me this doesn't only deter newcomers but its an extremely old style of moderation, What is this a BBS from the 1980's?

VB has plenty plugins & mods that allow keywords to be added for moderation why not do that instead? Its kind of annoying having to wait a day for your post to become public.

A couple things. First, you have one post, this is your second post you have been a member for four days so there is no "most of the time I've posted" in your history.

Second, I clear all posts 3-4 times a day, so even if you had posts that weren't imaginary, they wouldn't have taken two to three days to clear.

I guess last is, because trolls are so inventive that we need a human to read their posts in order to actually see what they are saying, keyword moderation wouldn't be up to that.

Now I have a question. Why are you misrepresenting your posting history? How many sock accounts do you have? Because I'm thinking the "most of the time when I've posted" is because you forgot this is a new user and you were talking about posts you put up with other users.

A2

IceCreamLoad
06-20-18, 21:58
OP I don't mean to hijack your thread but since I lack the permissions to make a post I will post here instead.

This forum has so much potential but why isn't the communication / posting in real-time? Most of the time when I've posted we have to wait 2-3 days for the post to be allowed by a moderator.

To me this doesn't only deter newcomers but its an extremely old style of moderation, What is this a BBS from the 1980's?

VB has plenty plugins & mods that allow keywords to be added for moderation why not do that instead? Its kind of annoying having to wait a day for your post to become public.

A couple things. First, you have one post, this is your second post you have been a member for four days so there is no "most of the time I've posted" in your history.

Second, I clear all posts 3-4 times a day, so even if you had posts that weren't imaginary, they wouldn't have taken two to three days to clear.

I guess last is, because trolls are so inventive that we need a human to read their posts in order to actually see what they are saying, keyword moderation wouldn't be up to that.

Now I have a question. Why are you misrepresenting your posting history? How many sock accounts do you have? Because I'm thinking the "most of the time when I've posted" is because you forgot this is a new user and you were talking about posts you put up with other users.

A2At A2.

Let me clarify I never denied not having other accounts, I created another account after my original account Tubster was banned.

Reason for ban? Selling girls contacts, Which BTW there wasn't any forum policy against it and I thought it was only fair since they're MY relationships I've built up during the years of hobbying and NOT streetwalkers or CL poster.

I also tried to apologize to you via email and you referenced a 'No Promotion' policy which didn't apply to the situation: https://gyazo.com/b628427a0c9b0442376467f05cd57bce.

Since then I've submitted several emails pleading for a ban appeal which were ignored.

The whole point I'm making is that there isn't any realtime communication going on in this forum, Look at the single post I have, When I made the post and when it was published - 1 day later.

You seem to be so concerned about trolls that you have to manually review each posts, Yet have zero protection against multi-accounting. Seems like your efforts are moot.

We don't review every post. Over almost 20 years we have developed a system for screening. It works well.

A2

IceCreamLoad
06-21-18, 20:01
We don't review every post. Over almost 20 years we have developed a system for screening. It works well.

A2I get it, If it ain't broke don't fix it. I'd like to make a suggestion for a warning system of sort maybe we can receive a heads-up instead of being banned right away.

Thanks for providing hobbyist with a great place to vybe!

You're describing our progressive infraction policy. You have to work really hard to get banned here. Very few people get banned right away. It takes something like advocating violence or rape, or just being a COMPLETE asshole on your first post. Otherwise normally people get scores of warnings.

I know there are going to be a dozen guys saying "but but but" and my answer is, you put up a post that was so fucking douchey I had no reason to believe you would ever not be an asshole so I got rid of you.

A2

ForestWood
09-20-18, 18:47
In Sending pm's what is wrong with using the item "Read Receipt"?

I sent a pm to someone and they went ape shit like I had done some terrible thing, this is very puzzling.

I'm new here and not sure why this is even an option if it is some type of insult?

Could someone explain this?

TIA FW.

Sending read receipts to people who don't report to you is generally accepted to be rude as fuck. It's you checking to see if they read your email. If you don't pay them what they do with your shit is their issue.

I don't even bother reading PM's that have read receipts checked.

A2

ForestWood
09-21-18, 13:44
In Sending pm's what is wrong with using the item "Read Receipt"?

I sent a pm to someone and they went ape shit like I had done some terrible thing, this is very puzzling.

I'm new here and not sure why this is even an option if it is some type of insult?

Could someone explain this?

TIA FW.

Sending read receipts to people who don't report to you is generally accepted to be rude as fuck. It's you checking to see if they read your email. If you don't pay them what they do with your shit is their issue.

I don't even bother reading PM's that have read receipts checked.

A2I'm Amazed!!

It would be nice to know this before someone goes ape shit over you doing something that you have NO idea what the heck!!

Maybe put a warning after the item or how about just not have this function?

Or maybe you could use google to educate yourself.

https://www.businessemailetiquette.com/how-and-when-to-use-return-receipts-rr/

A2

Oldti
09-14-20, 23:25
1 per phone number or phone you have a lot of fake accounts!