PDA

View Full Version : Shipping other than home?

Jay Twogo
08-25-16, 17:58
I'm not able to receive any of these packages at home, let's just say for privacy.

How is everyone handling similar issues?

The obvious seems to rent an PO Box, at the post office or a private business.

Do these packages usually need a signature to receive?

Any advice?

HlsFling
08-27-16, 22:31
I'm not able to receive any of these packages at home, let's just say for privacy.

Any advice?These packages do usually require a signature. So P. O. Box may not work out. These packages more than likely have a tracking number. So keep tracking until its in your local post office OR in your city / town. Call the courier service (typically USPS) and request to hold package at post office and that you will pick it up. I have 2 shipments heading home and I am tracking. If I am unable to intercept then I will work from home when I expect delivery.

Cephlapod Love
08-28-16, 07:39

Any advice?There is also a service at the UPS store where one can have an item shipped there and you pick it up from them. Take a look at their website as services vary from store to store.

Wonder if Kinkos / Fed Ex does the same thing. Might be able to do it with the "Hold At Location" option. Either pre-specify that or go on line and redirect the package to location to be held?

For either place the package will need to be sent to the name that matches your photo I'd.

Spider2112
09-07-16, 12:06
These packages do usually require a signature. So P. O. Box may not work out. These packages more than likely have a tracking number. So keep tracking until its in your local post office OR in your city / town. Call the courier service (typically USPS) and request to hold package at post office and that you will pick it up. I have 2 shipments heading home and I am tracking. If I am unable to intercept then I will work from home when I expect delivery.You can fill out a sig form when you get a po box so they'll just drop it in there without you having to sign every time. Also MOST post offices have street addressing for po boxes so you can have ups, fed ex deliveries now. There's a form to participate in that too.