PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Hook-up Apps (Tinder, Pure, Mixxxer, etc)

Max #01
09-29-15, 07:51
Guys -- I thought it might be a good idea to set up a new thread to exchange experiences, advice, reviews, etc, about the dating & hook-up apps out there. There's a similar thread on the LA board that is very useful. To make a long story short, I've been on all three sites with zero results and only a couple of hits. I'm hoping there are experienced guys here in DC who use these sites -- and others -- are are willing to share their experiences. Thanks!

Metalmanix
09-30-15, 18:49
Guys -- I thought it might be a good idea to set up a new thread to exchange experiences, advice, reviews, etc, about the dating & hook-up apps out there. There's a similar thread on the LA board that is very useful. To make a long story short, I've been on all three sites with zero results and only a couple of hits. I'm hoping there are experienced guys here in DC who use these sites -- and others -- are are willing to share their experiences. Thanks!Tinder is pretty much like shooting fish in a barrel. Some girls are obviously interested in dates, others are just dtf. These were all totally non-pro with no money exchanged, though I later discovered one of the girls I met also posts on SA.

I've met 3 tinder girls that I've hit it that same night.

YMMV. I'm a young decently attractive guy. The old adage "Be attractive. Don't be unattractive" definitely holds weight.

Max #01
10-01-15, 07:06
Tinder is pretty much like shooting fish in a barrel. Some girls are obviously interested in dates, others are just dtf. These were all totally non-pro with no money exchanged, though I later discovered one of the girls I met also posts on SA.

I've met 3 tinder girls that I've hit it that same night.

YMMV. I'm a young decently attractive guy. The old adage "Be attractive. Don't be unattractive" definitely holds weight.I must not be doing something right when I set up the accounts and posted pictures.

CCSlimm
10-04-15, 21:39
I was ready to delete this app but this Sunday has been fruitful to say the least on tinder.

Max #01
10-23-15, 11:45
I've been playing with Tinder, Mixxxer, GetPure and Whisper. Absolutely nothing on either Mixxxer or GetPure. Mixxxer appears to be a complete waste of time. Think I'll drop them when the subscriptions run out.

I've gotten a couple of SD / SB offers via Tinder. I may follow up in a week or so. I told them I was in Europe for work (sort of true.) I've gotten a few spam hits with Tinder. When a 18-25 year old reasonably hot chick posts a selfie or two without any details, it's usually a scam. It's easy to delete the match and be on your way. The funny thing about Tinder is that a lot of these girls include pictures of themselves with some really hot BFFs in the picture. At times, it's hard to pick out the girl who posted the ad in the first place. It's also a bit scary how much personal information they leave out there, especially the girls who link to Instagram accounts. I've easily found out their real names and found their Facebook pages without a whole lot of trying.

Whisper came across as nothing more than a message board. But, I followed advice form guys over on the LA forum and just posted a tall tale about my SO being out of town for another week and that I've been celibate for two weeks already. I asked if there were any hot soccer moms looking for a morning hook-up after the house is empty. I immediately got flamed by some right-wingers, but no hits.

I've has as little luck as I have had in the CL Casual Encounters.

UpToNoGood05
10-23-15, 21:43
I've been playing with Tinder, Mixxxer, GetPure and Whisper. Absolutely nothing on either Mixxxer or GetPure. Mixxxer appears to be a complete waste of time. Think I'll drop them when the subscriptions run out.

I've gotten a couple of SD / SB offers via Tinder. I may follow up in a week or so. I told them I was in Europe for work (sort of true.) I've gotten a few spam hits with Tinder. When a 18-25 year old reasonably hot chick posts a selfie or two without any details, it's usually a scam. It's easy to delete the match and be on your way. The funny thing about Tinder is that a lot of these girls include pictures of themselves with some really hot BFFs in the picture. At times, it's hard to pick out the girl who posted the ad in the first place. It's also a bit scary how much personal information they leave out there, especially the girls who link to Instagram accounts. I've easily found out their real names and found their Facebook pages without a whole lot of trying.

Whisper came across as nothing more than a message board. But, I followed advice form guys over on the LA forum and just posted a tall tale about my SO being out of town for another week and that I've been celibate for two weeks already. I asked if there were any hot soccer moms looking for a morning hook-up after the house is empty. I immediately got flamed by some right-wingers, but no hits.

I've has as little luck as I have had in the CL Casual Encounters.Great to read your reviews of Mixxxer, GetPure and Whisper. Sounds like they are as useless as Down. I've had pretty good success with Tinder though. Met several sugar babies, had an amazing sexual relationship with one of them and plans to get together with another. Sometimes they will flirt with you and then abruptly disappear. Can be a crapshoot as well. Just got home from a M&G with a potential sugar baby, promised to bring her $100 in good faith money, then as soon as I laid eyes on her, I knew it was a waste. Couldn't stand her and rushed through dinner as fast as I could.

Also met some regular women my age on Tinder. One has become a steady girl friend, FWB. Funny that they all say "no hook-ups", then once you have a drink with them, you're hooking up the next date LOL.

If you've just started using the app, stick it out and you'll be rewarded. I swipe through the 100 or so they give me every day. Pretty much swipe right on everyone (I can always unmatch later). Just one of my daily routines, and every few days a good one sifts out from the pack. So much better than Match.com or Okcupid.

On CL Casual Encounters, I post my own personal ad and keep it up there all the time. State that I'm looking for nsa sex, looking to get down right now, tonight. Again, every few days I get a positive inquiry that I can follow up on.

Hope to hear from some other guys on these boards who use the apps or have devised some alternate approaches via Craig's List. I do follow up sometimes on the Casual Encounters W4 M section, but there are so many auto reply bots, my email box gets full of crap. I did find one real person about a month ago who lives near National Cathedral and was looking for sex for $200. Took her up on it, but she was pretty ugly and I would recommend anyone to her.

Max #01
10-27-15, 11:24
Great to read your reviews of Mixxxer, GetPure and Whisper. Sounds like they are as useless as Down. I've had pretty good success with Tinder though. Met several sugar babies, had an amazing sexual relationship with one of them and plans to get together with another. Sometimes they will flirt with you and then abruptly disappear. Can be a crapshoot as well.
Also met some regular women my age on Tinder. One has become a steady girl friend, FWB. Funny that they all say "no hook-ups", then once you have a drink with them, you're hooking up the next date LOL.

If you've just started using the app, stick it out and you'll be rewarded. I swipe through the 100 or so they give me every day. Pretty much swipe right on everyone (I can always unmatch later). Just one of my daily routines, and every few days a good one sifts out from the pack. So much better than Match.com or Okcupid.

On CL Casual Encounters, I post my own personal ad and keep it up there all the time. State that I'm looking for nsa sex, looking to get down right now, tonight. Again, every few days I get a positive inquiry that I can follow up on.

I'm getting closer. There's one definite SB I will meet in the civilian world in a couple of weeks and another who has responded positively. Many of them link to Instagram accounts. I always leaf through those before swiping right. Every so often, you can get a glimpse of her full body in the Instagram photos, and I've decided to pass when she was a lot bigger than her Tinder "glam" photos would indicate. The fakes all seem to have the same characteristics. The girl is always 18-24. There are usually only three pictures and no text. Most are face shots but some are body shots. You usually match immediately and get the auto response within 5-10 minutes. Lately, the responses have had a canned sentence followed by a link to a scam hook-up site. It's simple to report them as Spam and unmatch.

The real MILF-types, as you've described, are pretty interesting. Some ads are clearly designed more for Match.com or eHarmony. When she posts pictures of herself with her kids and / or parents and says she doesn't want a hook-up, I tend to believe it and swipe left. If she posts pictures of her in the gym, on a beach in a bikini, or in a skimpy party dress, I don't care what the text says. Those pictures mean she's on the prowl. I've connected with a 30-something with pictures of her in a party dress looking as hot as all get-out. But, she's at least 200 miles away, despite the distance setting I used in Tinder.

Probably the biggest thing I've learned on Tinder is how many hot women skydive or do other exotic activities. I even saw a profile with a picture of her in a NASCAR race car. I lot of them also seem to own boats. You never get a good look at her face in those pictures, so you never really know if they are real or not.

PM'ing a couple of other questions.

Mrlefty
11-01-15, 08:51
Hey all,

FYI, your Facebook is required to login to Tinder, and it requires at least 50 friends.

Don't use your real Facebook. That's a recipe for disaster unless you're single.

I have a whole "strategy" I use that works well.

1) Download and install GenyMotion on my computer. It's an android emulator. It's free.

2) Get a google email account. Add google voice to it. This is your new phone number.

3) Go to Fiverr. Ask for a gig where you get 100 friends on facebook in a particular geography where you are. (will cost you $5).

4) Put a picture on your Facebook that looks almost like you. Close enough that people will think it's an old pic, etc.

5) Add Tinder to your emulator. Use the new Facebook account you created.

6) Swipe away.

You're now connected to a network that's not your own. With a picture that isn't you. And you're pretty well insulated. Take them to mobile # quickly. Chat up.

Breeze007
02-04-16, 10:15
I was ready to delete this app but this Sunday has been fruitful to say the least on tinder.Hey guys, I'm just starting to use Tinder. I've been reading your posts and it's very helpful. Creating an A game in Tinder definitely needs a lot of tact and tremendous amount of luck in dealing with women's last minute indecisions. In searching for tips to improve my Tinder game I found this article very helpful; http://www.mensaxis.com/how-to-get-laid-on-tinder/.

Max #01
03-23-16, 14:29
Well, I've been at this hook-up site thing for the better part of six-nine months. I couldn't close the deal I posted about last October, but, the more I look at Tinder, one would get the impression that most hot women in the metro DC area:

1. Have nose rings.

2. Target or skeet shoot.

3. Skydive.

4. Post pictures where they are with incredibly hot female friends. Sometimes, you can't tell who's who.

Also, there are a lot of purported 18-20 year olds enjoying a beer, glass of wine, or cocktail in bars, restaurants, and clubs. They all look like they do it on a routine basis. So, they either took some poetic license with their ages, have some really good fake IDs, or go to places that don't card them.

I know that Photoshop is your friend, but I don't know how to look closely enough to tell a fake, especially with a small screen and low resolution.

StalkEp
03-23-17, 13:08
Guys -- I thought it might be a good idea to set up a new thread to exchange experiences, advice, reviews, etc, about the dating & hook-up apps out there. There's a similar thread on the LA board that is very useful. To make a long story short, I've been on all three sites with zero results and only a couple of hits. I'm hoping there are experienced guys here in DC who use these sites -- and others -- are are willing to share their experiences. Thanks!I think its a good idea. I'm in the midst of testing one dating site and I'm heavily into this subject. So it would be cool to set up new thread and I'd happily share my experience about it. Actually I might do it here after some time. But anyway spot on Max #1, its a great suggestion.