PDA

View Full Version : 2000-2004 Archived Reports

Admin
02-22-04, 18:09
Please select "Add New Report" to begin this section.

Gypsy
04-07-04, 10:57
I have a question.

If you go to a Motel with a Girl (not an SW ) register with your correct name and Lic Plate # . Can the cops hassle you or charge you with any offense. Can they knock on the room door.
How about if the girl is a SW.

Boxcc
04-15-04, 16:00
Gypsy, that all depends on if they see you in the room with a 'known' prostitute. If you go to a room and are quiet about it, nothing should happen. But, if a cop knocks on your door, and you open it, the girl had better not be in plain sight. If the cops knock on the door, they have to have a reason for it. They cannot enter without permission or a search warrant. If they ask to search your room, you have the right to tell them no, not without a warrant.

Now, if they see the girl in the room and she is known to them to be a prostitute then they have probable cause to enter and question you as to your activities. So, if you make it to the room, then just be quiet and they won't have a reason to bother you.

However, if they see you in the car or entering the room with a 'known' prostitute, then you have problems. They can harass you all they want.

My suggestion is to find a no-tell motel that is away from the area that you will be picking the girl up in. Pick her up and make sure you aren't seen or followed, once you are clear, take her back to your secure room and have a great time. And, never, never, never let her take you to a place she knows all about, unless you already know about that place too.

If they girls isn't a sw, then have at it, they can go jump!

Madman
04-27-04, 03:01
Fellow Mongers,

Better yet, just do not answer the door. They will not be able to get a seach warrant and if they have the management open the door they are violating your rights, therefore the arrest would not be valid and they would additionally open themselves to litigation.

Even if you are seen with a known sw, you may be just a good samartian giving her a place to stay for the evening. They would have to prove there was an exchange of money for sexual favor.

Madman

DonkeyKong
04-27-04, 06:51
Gypsy;
I left a motel room with a girl as a squad car drove through the alley bordering an exit. I exited on the opposite side of the property, hoping that they would lose sight of us. They caught us and pulled us over. I was asked for my CDL and a few questions. I think they took a Polaroid of the girl for a field report. I'm not sure if they saw me pick her up or just drove by the motel as it's a popular destination for mongers. Anyway, we weren't arrested. This was before the confiscation law, and was LAPD.

Daddy Lows
04-29-04, 13:34
Concerning the no-tells:

I usually put false names and one time the attendant was laughing so hard but he didn't change the name I wrote down. I also never present my drivers license. I carry an ID with me so that ID has a POBOX address which is legal otherwise the great state of California wouldn't have issued the ID, right? So, spend the $10? to get a state ID with "different" address. BTW, some of the following monikers I've used to check into a no-tell:

Eddy Surfer
Eddy Libido
Eddy Money

I think it was the second one that made the Indian guy crack a rib.

Peace

Yello Tail
05-01-04, 10:51
Aliases I have used checking into motels

Myles Long

I. M. Longfellow

Lover Boy
05-05-04, 17:58
Uhaul delivery van with A/C. As always just add the mattres, dick cap & lube.

LoverBoy

Stoner
06-18-04, 13:56
I did some digging and studying into the concept of entrapment. Interesting things came up. A little self-education is a good thing...and keeping up with how things go on the flip side of mongering.

In regards to picking up sw, one always ask the basic "are you a pig" question, and then the grope. This "ritual" is done because it makes one feel secure that the sw is not a pig.

Yet legally...they could pass the mutual grope test and still not be considered entrapment? LE decoy could get butt naked and shake her ass in front of you and say "You can lick my ass for $5." If you lick her ass, you are "guilty" and you are not considered entrapped!

In order for a monger to have a decent chance at getting entrapment to throw the case out the door, you need the following:

1. "The idea for committing the crime came from the government agents and not from the person accused of the crime."

2. "The government agents then persuaded or talked the person into committing the crime. Simply giving him the opportunity to commit the crime is not the same as persuading him to commit the crime."

3. "The person was not ready and willing to commit the crime before the government agents spoke with him."

Its the burden of the state to prove these things are categorically UNTRUE beyond reasonable doubt.

So what does this mean. The grope test is really meaningless and is a salve.

Your best way out of the noose is to be careful how you step.
1. The idea has to come from the sw/decoy. You should never discuss money at any point.
2. You have to show: Shock! Vivid, verbal shock at her offer for p4p.
3. Let her -convince- you its worth it. In essence, take the passive route to what she has to say.

The chance of stepping into a decoy is pretty damned rare, imo. Yet, with the gestapo mindset of aggressive departments...and how quickly other less agressive departments try out the "latest thing" from more aggressive departments, it just seems to make sense to know the score. To know the rules of engagement, so to speak.

This explains why LE is using a plethora of "high risk" maneuvers to make such convictions stick. Recently, some depts even have decoys entering vehicles, getting nude, even doing light touching to genitlia to stimulate...all with the effort to nail someone hard for a misdemeanor.

Why...They have to show that you are one pre-disposed to commit the social vice, and they were just an avenue (easy avenue, mind you) to do the deed for cash. They can photograph you, audio you, even post surveillance for a period of time just noting license plates, your license plate, for a few weeks. Why? To establish pattern and build future cases against those they so dutifully apprehend in the future.

Knowledge is power, and it was good educating myself a bit. How this works out practically, I have no solid idea. In a time of extremis, when the alarm in the back of your mind goes off, you have a ammunition to escape the noose. Avoid catch phrases, obfuscate p4p, never discuss money if you can help it, if someone comes out and says they are working for money show shock and disappointment. Whatever. Good luck.

Civ2000
06-18-04, 15:16
Stoner,

Quote: "This explains why LE is using a plethora of "high risk" maneuvers to make such convictions stick. Recently, some depts even have decoys entering vehicles, getting nude, even doing light touching to genitlia to stimulate"

Can you name names and tell us which cities are doing the aforementioned things to bust mongers?

Thanks.

Civ

Baltimonger
06-18-04, 15:34
Stoner,
IMHO, any LE Dept. who puts their female officers/SW decoys in that much danger as to allow them to get into vehicles, should have those who gave those orders, and their superiors who had full knowledge of, removed. This is a bad, bad thing. LE reads this, and I hope they take it to heart. With the drug trade the way it is, they'll never put prostitution out of business during their time on the force, nor will they do so in the future. A few petty arrests of us is not worth the risk of this type of operation. There are plenty of newbies, drunks, laborers named Jose, judges in San Francisco, and just plain idiots they will catch doing it the old fashioned way: Monger pulls up to SW decoy, talks through window (bad), negotiates price (bad), goes to where instructed (bad), gets arrested (really bad), loses car (bad), wife finds out (incredibly bad), wife files for divorce (bad, or possibly good), and loses half of everything to her (he's fucked).

Of course, with male LE/monger decoys, the game is different: ULE pulls up to SW, she gets in, plays you-a-cop, he tells her no, they park someplace, he get a wonderful BBBJTC w/CIM and ball licking, he cleans up, shows his badge, takes her to waiting paddy wagon, apologizes that he's just trying to make arrest quotas, and goes back to work. Of course, it doesn't matter to the arresting officer in this instance if the SW wins or loses in court. She probably won't make it there anyhow, and get a FTA bench warrant. If she already has one, she'll be "on vacation" for a few months.

Just let one nutjob monger pick up one of these decoys and do harm to her. We'll see how quick stupidity like this comes to an end.

Just my $0.02

BM

NY Monger
06-18-04, 16:02
IMHO, many of the maneuvers y'all think will counter LE, are simply, desperate attempts by mongers to be armchair lawyers. Neither LE or judges are retarded and understand exactly what pushes both their credibility and yours over the line. Cruising an area known to be frequented by hookers, repeatedly for hours on end, will not be viewed favorably by a judge as part of your defense.

LE will enforce the law, according to their interpretation. If they're wrong, which happens, are you really going to spend $10 thousand defending yourself in front of family and business peers? Most people can't afford that financially or time-wise.

Its not a case of good lawyering that keeps you out of trouble, but real common sense, thinking ahead and maintaining good situational awareness of where you are and why.

Atl Pleaser
06-19-04, 01:21
Is it possible to have no criminal record after being arrested for soliciting? Please explain

Stoner
06-20-04, 00:48
NY Monger. I agree with you. Its merely a salve that makes us feel better.

Here is the article of interest.
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0615stingbotched-ON.html

I heard similar is taking place in New Orleans, and even recently, in Hartford, CT they've stepped up a high output campaign (new Police Chief starting an openning salvo to appease the locals. He's retired NYC pig, turned Mayor's personal pet/attack dog.)

In Hartford again, we had a popular men's leisure spot that got undue attention. Revelation came out that 2 of the ladies who worked there were feds. It is known they had sessions with gents and consensus is that they MUST have participated lock stock and barrel. That means that feds actually had insiders doing tricks for months.

Just 3 or 4 years ago, there was a situation where LE actually took over a known MP and fronted. Gents came in, met a NEW mamasan type, took an appointment and found themselves in the clink within 5 minutes of the backroom.

They seemed too far fetched to be true, causing me to look up for myself, a citizen, wtf is entrapment.

Are hobby is not without risks, and hell...as I've said many times before, thats the best part of it, often better than the sex itself. Yet, as stated by another, think ahead and maintain situational awareness. You have to out-think the more complicated stings which cities are willing to do to please the politicians and prudish zealots.

Stoner
06-21-04, 15:04
Also, take note of the latest supreme court rulings concerning basic Terry law stops.

You are now required to give all pertinent info to an officer before getting read your rights for a crime.

So what does that mean? How can that be abused?

Think...officers can go fact finding all they want on drivers entering or leaving a public area, without just cause or suspicion. Such info can get logged and become searchable.

All without you ever getting read your right to be silent or being granted the basic right to not incriminate yourself.

Scary times. The decision was decided by just one freakin judge. That judge openned a veritable carte blanche for police power abuse.

Rolly Polly
06-22-04, 12:52
Stoner, since when could they question without cause? The latest Supreme Court ruling envolves a case where the officers did have cuase to question a potential suspect. As far as I know there has been no negation of the necessity of cause.

I remember when I was in grade school they took us on day trips to the various goverment buildings as field trips. I remember getting finger printed with my whole class as part of the field trip and here I was a little boy who thought it was so cool to have my finger print taken. It's only as an adult that I realized why they did it.

Stoner
06-22-04, 14:50
Check the story out.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2004-03-22-police-names_x.htm

Rolly Polly
06-22-04, 20:20
That case was clearly with cause. The cop was responding to a call about a fight that turned out to be a misunderstanding, but clearly the cop was trying to get information based on a valid call thus he had cause.

Velvet Kramer
06-23-04, 02:45
That police officer had every reason to ask for identification. The fact that the two people and truck they were in matched the description given in the complaint is probable cause for that officer to ask for peoples names. I don't like the fact that cops hassle us about the hobby we choose anymore than anyone else but what we like to do is illegal at this time and they are paid to try and prevent it.

One of these days you may need a police officer for something and you will be glad they are there. The way I look at it is that they are on one side of the line and I am on another when it comes to mongering, but it don't make them evil anymore than what we like to do makes us evil. As always I respect all opinions and that is just my opinion.

Stoner
06-23-04, 07:55
Thanks for your opinion, Rolly.

Here is an item from that article.

[ In a dissent, Justice John Paul Stevens said that because Hiibel was the target of a police investigation, he "acted well within his rights when he opted to stand mute."

Stevens said, "There is no reason why the subject of police interrogation based on mere suspicion, rather than probable cause, should have any lesser protection." ]

That right, which a judge thought all americans have is not valid any longer. If you are an arbitrary target of a police investigation, they have right to collect your name and add you to their database. Information never dies, never gets erased, and remains constant for background checks.

Your collected name will forever get linked with a possible search for johns and prostitution in a city or part of town you may have no reason to be in. Cops are already given enough power. I'd like to know that some of our rights can still be upheld.

Man, maybe you have no problem giving up your rights and allowing police to have more powers to make us feel safe, but I work in the information industry. I know how often we share data about people, and the level of detail we have on people when we really want to connect all the dots. Its some scary shit. I don't even want to THINK about LE doing similar. I can see it coming back to haunt you for years after its all said and done.

Thanks for your thoughts, man. I appreciate it.

Rolly Polly
06-23-04, 08:14
Point taken!

I Guess I am one of those guys who feels that I don't mind if they know everything about me if it means they know everything about the murderers and child molestors as well. The only illegal activity I ever engage in is that which I speak about on these boards (with the exception of traffic violations).

I'm not in the caliber of a Supreme Court Justice, but I am at least a law school graduate (I do not practice law though) and there is a very, very fine line between suspicion and cause. In my opinion that is why Justice Stevens is writing the dissent and no the majority opinion.

I also don't feel that I am important enough, even if I was a hard criminal, to be on a watch list or a list to have my phone tapped with the quality and quantity of serious offenders.

CT Boobman
06-23-04, 22:52
The thing that scares me is that our Constitutional liberties are at risk with these decisions. Once a liberty is lost, it is very hard to get it back.

I believe that our post-911 Bush administration will go down in history as the administration who has most eroded the protection of the Constitution.

I distrust any "paternalistic" government who asks us to be more open with our information for the collective good of society. I just don't trust the government to do right with it. Ultimate power corrupts.

God bless the USA, but please let us keep our freedom where it belongs; in the hands of its citizens.

Webcams
07-02-04, 13:32
Just wanted to share a few tips with guys who may or may not know this and post an observation.

First nearly every major city who's post you look at have more then one person reporting on Law Enforcement activity's and how the action is dead.

This makes things hard on everyone, the sw's who need to make money and the guys that help them do it.

Just some tips to help out the guys remember every city is different as are the methods they use to affect an arrest but these tips should help you out in general, and most are common sense.

Never talk money with anyone unless they are Inside your car

Never park where a sw tells you to park. i.e. I know a great spot, Translation I have a great spot where 4 guys are waiting to Rob you.

Never leave cell phone lighters money or anything of value in your vehicle within easy reach Lock Your Valuables up !

Never wear jewelry when going out: gold chains,loose or expensive watches.

If you are planning a night/day of whoring, wear comfortable clothes I prefer loose cotton shorts or sweats with no underwear & dark colors at night.

Never ever ever ever talk to someone who won’t get into your car & drive around the block with you.

Police officers are trained to take the best Tactical advantage in situations, you must use the same thinking, Plan ahead know where you want to take someone, know what you want to pay, once you pick up a sw GET OUT OF THE AREA at least 4-6 blocks off the track. If you are getting a bj and it is feasible try driving around a square mile area AWAY FROM THE activity while doing the deed this is very difficult, but the best way to avoid getting arrested ***

Have a reason for being in the area. Practice it !

Have an alibi ready and practice it so if you do get stopped it's natural.

You have the right to remain silent, USE IT !
Watch an episode of cops, watch them get people to talk to them avoid the tricks Police officers are not your friends they are doing there job, there job is to arrest & convict you. The easiest way to convict someone is to have them admit there crime. 95% of police officers carry micro recorders on them in there chest pocket, they are recording everything to protect themselves as well as to gather evidence they do not have to tell you they are recording your conversation as there is no “expectation of Privacy” when talking to a police officer. Also note many times they will leave tape recorders inside police cars & let the suspect talk to other suspects inside the car… try going to court while in your own voice you can be heard trying to work out a story with a street walker.

Never go to a house with someone you don’t know Motel rooms that are the sw’s should be approached with caution as well.

The old boyfriend/husband comes home and catches you with his wife or girlfriend routine is as old as it gets. You have been set-up laugh with them, explain you know the gig and walk out ASAP.

When picking up a sw drive away using several left turn right turn u turn maneuvers to make sure you were not followed.

Never do it in an Alley or dead end streets think about it “Dead End” !

Pick up 2 sw’s at a time only if you know them or are completely comfortable with them.

Never Car Date 2 sw’s at a time !

Avoid sw’s with large purses or bags. Possession is 9/10ths of the law.

Never pick up sw’s who are obviously high or drunk this almost always is a problem.

Pimps are Not out to harm you, Robbers & thugs are. Any male approaching you is to be handled with extreme caution.

If it doesn’t feel right get out ! You can always feel when something just isn't right if you have doubts move on.

Daddy Lows
07-03-04, 01:59
Webcams,

Well said. I totally agree on erring on the cautious side of the street walker game. That said, I have already broken all of those rules except the bling, bling rule since I don't have any bling to wear. ;-)

But seriously, LE is no laughing matter. ANy ho that wants to chitchat outside is either LE or very, very stupid.

My 2 cents,

Peace

Wanna Ride Her
07-10-04, 21:07
Quote---Never talk money with anyone unless they are Inside your car

Don't talk about money period. Flash the cash and point out what you want. I have my first time customers point to their privates and to their mouths for GFE b/c I did get into trouble once. The officer got completely naked for me and I was stroking him when the door got busted through. That may be why my trial hasn't happened because cops are known in some states to go all the way before busting a female.

Try to do as little talk as possible. sign language is preferred because the less a jury hears, the better your chances.

I also have one of those childrens magnetic doodleboard. I can't find the really ancient ones w/ the plastic cover that you pull away to erase your drawings but I got a doodlepro. when It is grabbed, the metal shavings inside start scattering and the writing is erased, Not much evidence.

Daddy Lows
07-12-04, 11:37
Wanna,

LOL. DO you know how freaking long it takes just to make one letter on an Etch-a-Sketch? Hell. Why not carry a mini-chalk board and eraser set? BTW, are you serious?

Peace

Stoner
07-13-04, 13:42
Etch a sketch?

Well...I've had real life girlfriends that make me pass worse tests and hurdles to get some poon. Hell...you should see what the wifey makes me go through to get some.

The etch-a-sketch trick sounds damn good, right about now.

LOL.

Wanna, don't you have an AOL profile or website. Post up, girl. Let us know. Put it in the Classified section in South Carolina.

Jim Rob
07-14-04, 00:59
Wanna you said some states lets LE have sex with a working girl? I find that really hard to believe. Not saying it's not true, just seems like that would put the LE in a very risky situation. He could still get some STD, because we all know that condoms are not 100 percent safe. then that would open the state up too huge lawsuits.

Daddy Lows
07-14-04, 12:46
Jim,

It's not that LE openly advocates that kind of policy. IN fact, they officially state the opposite, just to protect themselves from the lawsuits you mentioned. Nonetheless, it's some of the occifers who bend and break the rules that do that kind of stuff. Don't tell me that you don't believe in corrupt officials, police or otherwise. I have heard of several accounts from regular SWs I know that about some occifers who did that and got fired as well. Lawsuits were also passed around. Lawyers jump at that kind of chance. BTW, I'm pretty sure that the occifers who do this kind of thing use protection. It keeps the evidence easy to dispose of, if you know what I mean. AND usually it's not reported in the media. However, in Illinois, like 7 or 8 years ago, I remember a case where the occifer did this multiple times to multiple victims for a looong time and the Chicago PD paid a hefty bundle and the news media was all over that crap. So it happens but not under LE policy.

My 2 cents,

Peace

Rolly Polly
07-14-04, 16:53
I've had SW's tell me they have given BBBJ's to on duty cops and it wasn't part of a sting either.

Wanna Ride Her
07-14-04, 17:44
My site is wannarideher.com/private/

I was told by a lawyer to keep my site off the newspapers b/c LE can cause me more trouble that way.

Dinner dates turn meetings into a personal relationship that the govt can't interfere w/.

Escorts can have sex, they just can't sell their time for the sole purpose of sex, which is why we have porn actors and sex therapists. You have to do other things during your time besides sex and you can't promise sex to your customers or talk about it at any time.

cops can do pretty much what they want. Rodney King wasn't the first man to get beaten, and there are more Mark Furmans out there.

Jim Rob
07-15-04, 00:44
Daddy lows ask: "Don't tell me that you don't believe in corrupt officials, police or otherwise."

Daddy I would have to be a retard to think that, so don't worry. I'm just surprised at what I hear sometimes on what people who are suppose to uphold laws do.

Wanna and don't tell me you really belive that Mark Furhman planted that glove. He wasn't a crooked cop, It's simple OJ is just a double murderer.

A provider I'm friends with has told me times she has given cops on Duty BJ and even a judge she see's as a client and lawyers. She told me her judge friend thinks the laws are stupid and wish they would change for escorts.

GuessWho
07-15-04, 17:33
Hey guys and gals,
I'm just chiming in a bit here. I too have made SW friends that have told me a thing or two. Some cops do have some fun, there's no denying that. A couple of SW's I've met said they had regulars. One told me of many of the officials in her city. If that's not the pot calling the kettle black I don't know what is. (or however that freakin saying goes)

Wanna Ride Her
07-17-04, 08:33
I went to my high school reunion bar mixer last night (social event before class reunion at Wild wing in mt pleasant)

I ran into someone I used to know, who is now a narcotics cop. I got into legal debate w/ him

He says that the Supreme court and declared that a cop can do anything he wants so long as he isn't intimidating you or forcing you which means he can encourage you and then bust you, so all escorts and johns out there, don't ever mention sex for money even after you are changing suits. It was a date in which you simply decided on your own to take it to the next step as consenting adults. Start acting that way w/ all johns until they become REPEAT customers.

Rolly Polly
07-19-04, 15:29
They can do anything but there is a fine line before it turns into entrapment. A cop in Florida is not allowed to ask "how much for sex?" instead they have to say something like "what can you do for me?".

I have a friend who is a detective in West Palm Beach and he told me that the smart ones he tries to bust will just keep saying "what do you want to do?". It'll go back and forth between "what do you want to do?" and "what can you do for me?" until he gives up and tells them he is undercover and to watch their asses, but he can't bust them (he's actually a rather honest cop).

Jimmy
07-19-04, 18:10
Just remember folks that if you ask a cop if they are Law Enforcement they legally can lie and tell you no.

Hot Forty
07-23-04, 15:30
Okay, so does anybody else carry a pocket recorder to capture the audio of what LE tries to do?

My Alias
07-30-04, 00:47
Here's a new tactic being used in South Carolina, a tactic learned from Los Angeles. LE is spraying skunk juice in old abandoned buildings to keep the street walkers and crackheads out. http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=817&e=12&u=/ap/skunk_gel

HarryR
08-02-04, 09:14
I really feel sorry for you guy in the USA. You get shit for doing something between consenting adults. I am sure that under Bush it won't get any better. Here in New Zealand we don't have any problems with the police & prostitution has only been decriminised for a year but we never had problems before that.

I can't understand the waste of police time & resources for what is a victumless "crime".

I am sure that changing the president will not make any changes here either.

My Alias
08-02-04, 10:10
To paraphrase George Carlin -- "Sex is legal, selling is legal, so why isn't selling sex legal?"

GuessWho
08-22-04, 20:45
I got a question. First, I'll give the scenario. Let's say you pickup a girl right near another monger who was trying to get her, but she wanted nothing to do with him. He tailgates you, follows you all over creation, finds you parked, and snaps a picture, or many, but not up close most likely getting the plate. Later he must've watched you drop off the girl, maybe taking pics again, and drives by when you're alone snapping another as he passes. Needless to say this guy had time on his hands. If he goes to LE, can anything become of it?

Daddy Lows
08-23-04, 01:26
Guesswho,

If anything, it would be only circumstantial evidence as the person who took the photos probably isn't licensed in any way, i.e. private detective or police officer. Don't tell me this has happened to you!?

My $.02

Peace

Hollywood305
08-24-04, 00:59
Rolly Polly is right ! If an undercover (male or female Decoys) shout the price they would be the ones considered to have proposition the individual for sex. Which is against the law, cops cannot break the law in order to enforce it. I am by no means an attorney at law.

Boxcc
08-25-04, 08:54
I agree with Daddy Lows assessment. Unless the guy taking the pictures was an officer of the court, i.e. LE, or other officially licensed private investigator, they cannot really do anything to you in a court of law.

On the other hand, if he can track your plates, find your address then send those pics to your wife, then what the fuck are you gonna do? I would much rather have LE after me than my wife! lol

Rolly Polly
08-25-04, 10:02
There are laws about sex acts in public (car included), but the question is whether or not it's worth the police's time to go after you.

To be honest I would follow the asshole and beat the shit out of him with my crowbar.

Ivel
08-29-04, 13:56
by GuessWho:

I got a question. First, I'll give the scenario. Let's say you pickup a girl right near another monger who was trying to get her, but she wanted nothing to do with him. He tailgates you, follows you all over creation, finds you parked, and snaps a picture, or many, but not up close most likely getting the plate. Later he must've watched you drop off the girl, maybe taking pics again, and drives by when you're alone snapping another as he passes. Needless to say this guy had time on his hands. If he goes to LE, can anything become of it?

There is very little LE can do under the circumstances described. There is no proof that a sexual act occurred. The two inividuals photographed could have just been friends and went to the park together to share lunch... to eat a bologna sandwich or a bologna tube sandwich...... what's the difference? :)

For those not familiar, there is the Videovigilante from Oklahoma. He has a website and does what you are describing, somewhat. Some cops have actually confronted the guy and told him to mind in own damn business.

If I didn't oppose with what the ahole is doing I would have bought his video but I'm not giving that shit head my business. I think he will send you a free copy of the video if you can prove you are LE or associated with some righteous group or with some non profit moral crusade.

Ivel

Wanna Ride Her
08-29-04, 18:44
Hollywood305,

The police can break the law in todays legal tactics
http://www.erowid.org/freedom/police/police_info6.shtml

They can't force you to break the law. They can set traps like leave cars unlocked for car thieves and walk up to someone and ask them if they want to buy some pot

Joe B Cool
10-05-04, 13:32
Police want more cameras to help deter drugs, prostitution

Wednesday, September 8, 2004

By Michael Drakulich
Special to the Daily Southtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The successful use of surveillance cameras for narcotics and prostitution stings has convinced Chicago Heights police that they need more.

Police officials want to buy two more cameras and might be joined by Cook County Housing Authority officials who may buy two more to be used within their Chicago Heights properties.

Chicago Heights Police Chief Anthony Murphy said the cameras have been a tremendous success.

They were used in prostitution sting operations when police took the portable cameras and placed them along Chicago Road, between 19th and 25th streets.

After identifying vehicles of potential solicitors, police sent letters to vehicle owners notifying them they had been seen on video.

The letters were meant to deter motorists from coming to Chicago Heights to solicit prostitutes.

The cameras have been used for narcotics operations since March.

Murphy is pleased that the cameras' visibility has forced drug dealers away from high narcotic traffic areas, such as near Beacon Hill School.

"(Drug dealers) moved to another location which puts them out in the open," Murphy said.

When the city will be able to obtain more cameras and how they'll be paid for are questions yet to be answered.

"The city is looking to see if a grant is available or if there is money in the budget," Murphy said.

The city received a $66,000 grant to buy its first two, but the price could be as high as $40,000 apiece for a newer, more flexible model, Murphy said.

The cameras are mounted in a weatherproof/bulletproof enclosure.

The camera has a 360 degree range of motion and video is fed to a wireless receiver.

Camera movement can be controlled by a joystick, or programmed to automatically pan and scan.

Officers can use the remote in a squad car, and clarity is said to be much better than that provided by permanently mounted surveillance cameras.

Power to the camera is wired above the unit so it cannot be disturbed.

The cameras, made by RMS Business Systems in Buffalo Grove, have been used widely in Chicago.

When they arrive, Murphy said the cameras may be used to aid the department's special operations unit run by Capt. Brian Smith.

Has anyone received a letter from the police and what are the ACLU legalities of the police doing this?