PDA

View Full Version : Survey: Combining Riverside & San Bernardino

Admin
02-22-04, 17:51
Should I combine the Riverside and San Bernardino sections into one section titled "Inland Empire'?

TheMole
02-22-04, 22:05
I vote NO.

These two counties and the action found there (placing aside the hot spots we all now about) are to large to be unified.

Maintaining them separate allows for the small holes in the wall to get some reports.

Chuckle Butt
02-22-04, 22:22
San Bernardino and Riverside are two separate areas in two different counties. So I would vote no for combining them.

Eagleman
02-22-04, 22:23
We probably need to combine San Bernardino and Redlands reports. Not many reports coming out of Redlands anyway.

Inlander
02-22-04, 23:26
Hi Mr. Jackson,

In my opinion, it wouldn't hurt to combine these two cities.

Actually, the Inland Empire could include Corona, Riverside, San Bernadino, Highland, Bloomington, Fontana, Ontario, Redlands, Moreno Valley and Perris.

In my experience, anyone enjoying the hobby in one of these cities is certainly close to the others. Unlike our sister cities in OC and the LA areas, we seem to have very few places to ply the hobby out here. Perhaps only one or two areas in any one the above listed cities.

Combining the cities might actually increase the total number of postings, and get these areas a little more active also.

This is just my opinion; As time permits, I generally monger this entire area anyway.

Inlander

Member #5605
02-22-04, 23:32
Since both are in the "909", and are proximal to each other, then they should be together (as should Pomona, Redlands, Montclair, and any other "Inland Empire" city!

Member #5605
02-22-04, 23:50
WHile the subject of "adding new areas" in this CA forum is under discussion, I might as well add my rant about arranging the CA board by Counties/area codes. There are TOO MANY areas currently on the CA board (some of which have had no posts in MONTHS!). In CA, there are 3 parts to the state that warrant "segregating" as seperate links: NORTHERN (San Francisco, Sacramento, and ALL of area code, 530!), CENTRAL CA (Central Coast, San Joaquin Valley-e.g. Modesto, Stockton, etc.-down to the Bakersfield county line), and then SOUTHERN CA (consisting of the 9 counties in Southern CA-Kern, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Imperial). L.A. County ALONE deserves a seperate link with its EIGHT area codes and broad geographic areas! As an IE resident, I am mainly focused on local activity if it is posted, and LA county posts, if I am going that way!). Nevertheless, it IS "Jackson's" board, and he can arrange it as he sees fit. Just offering my perspective to help make it a better board.

Suna
02-23-04, 15:32
There are 2 side's to the IE cross the 15 and before the fifteen and yes they are 2 different worlds. Rancho Cucamonga, Upland, Ontario, Chino, Montclair could maybe be together and Riverside Fontana, and all the rest could be seperate from those cites sense the 15 freeway is the divider.

Adventurous1
02-23-04, 15:37
I also vote NO. Two separate areas in two separate counties.

Bono
02-24-04, 01:33
I absouletey support it as there is not a whole lot going on in these areas except some amps.So combine these two .You will also save some server space.

Choosy Guy
02-25-04, 00:34
The Indland Empire is such a large area.
Why would you consider lumping Riverside and SanBerdu and leave Redlands seperate?
I often where to read or post. What about Colton?

Is it possible to have more sub categories?
US, CA, San Bernardino County, then Cities (areas) under that SB, Palm Springs, Redlands, Hemet etc? And who ever looks in Other Areas?

This structure might clear up confusion in other places too.
Hollywood and San Fernando Valley are both in the city of Los Angeles with Inglewood/LAX sorta part of the same thing.

Is Western Avenue Hollywood or LA? I tend to think of Figuroa more as Inglewood/LAX than as LA.

That's my two cents worth of gasoline.

CG

Lizzard King
02-25-04, 08:29
Here is my take on the topic to combine Riverside and San Bernardino. I am relatively new to this service as a poster but have read it for over a year.

Since moving out to Riverside County I see that Riverside / Moreno Valley / Perris is another world from San Bernardino County.

My suggestion to Jackson is to Keep Redlands and San Bernardino seperate!

Look into adding Perris/Moreno Valley as a seperate location to Riverside. I am telling you it is growing like gangbusters in Moreno Valley/Perris area and really there is more action here than Redlands. I just had a woman over last night that is a professional lawyer and another one is comming over tonight 21 yr old college cutie and both live in Moreno Valley ( Just drinks and dinner ) There are alot of women here if someone would pay attention would benefit like me. My feelings on Redlands is that most of the women there are living off OLD MONEY and inheritance too loaded to worry about finding action for money. That is my 2 cents.

Jackson, I come from Orange County and I see the Moreno Valley/Perris Area as the next hot spot in California. Keep it and Riverside seperate from San Bernardino, but add a Moreno Valley/Perris section.

Thanks. LK

Lizzard King
02-25-04, 08:41
Jackson:

Adding a comment to my previous post, the women in Moreno Valley / Perris ( which should have its own area ) are so bored that sex is their entertainment. Married / Divorced / Single they all are looking for action in this area and this area is Just as BIG as the city of Riverside now population wise. Don't miss the boat guys.

Three X
02-25-04, 14:58
Moreno Valley and Perris should have their own section.

Riverisde should be left like it is.

Corona,Temucula and Murrienta should have their own section!

Re: Moreno valley the girls at TJ Schooners are so easy, TJ Schooners is on the corner of Indian and Alessandro!

Also there are so many Filipina nurses (RN'S) that are lonely in Moreno Valley if you PM me we could have some fun with them!

James D 2004
02-26-04, 01:08
I think we have too much clever guy making up intelligent geographic reference such as "Inglewood & South Bay".

Perris - population 36K. This is about the smallest size of cities in CA. Any smaller they are not yet incorporated. If you add this city then you can just as well add all cities in CA and you have a handful. 41% white 16% black. Hispanic of any race 56%. I doubt if any visitors will get there to monger, and that locals need a board.

I agree with redneck using the geographical current boundaries. You can treat CA as one country or treat any county within as a country. In other words, use sub folders to reflect the geo hierarchy. There's not much petitioning problem in countries such as Argentina and Thailand. Why we have problems in CA?

My qualification in this area is that my express route from south OC to SGV is via 71 !. That put me within reach of corona, ponoma, upland etc. If there's anything interesting in the West side of I15, it's closer to me and a lot of OC guys than going to SGV or LA.

But hey, I like RN's. So I may make a detour and venture out to Morena Valley. 3x, PM me please!

Roddd
02-28-04, 01:32
Tall, 3X, Lizzard,

Interesting posts guys, thank you very much. I never would have known. Gettin' some without actually payin' for it, imagine that concept.

Seriously though, if the Moreno Valley/Perris area is all that you guys say it is, then hell yes it should have its own section.

Roddd

Webcams
02-29-04, 16:55
I would like to see everything broken down first by county then by particular city with action IE: Los Angeles County Ventura County Etc.

Bob Amp
03-01-04, 20:39
I like the idea of breaking things into Counties first. So, I vote NO on combining Riverside and San Bernardino. In fact, my recommendation is to put the cities under the county (for example in Orange County, put Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, etc under the county - IF a city deserves it).

Anyway, those are my thoughts. Thanks Jackson. Great job.

Ewclark77
03-06-04, 03:36
Given the number of reports on the subject in the San Berdoo forum, I would say that Japanese Spa ought to have its own.

Member #5605
03-07-04, 15:59
Actually, the community of BLOOMINGTON/FONTANA where all these wonderful AMP's with FS, etc. are, should have a category of its own, but given that Jackson has previously mentioned that a community needs to have at least 100K of people for its own post area, I guess in spite of all the luck mongerers have here that the community population is still an over-riding determinant. Makes me wonder how communities like: Del Mar, Cotati, Monterey, and other "smaller then 100k" populated communities still have their own areas. But it IS Jackson's board, and he can organize it as he wishes. Although I hope that he will keep in mind that it IS those of us that LIVE IN THE AREAS being posted about, that know its geographic accessability the best.

OneNut
03-21-04, 17:27
I moved from Rancho Cucamonga a year ago. What a mistake! I am now in South Carolina where the massage parlor runs from .80 to 2.00 for FS. Anyway, I am trying to work my way back to the Inland Empire because of the great experiences provided by the hospitable women of the AMP's in the area. To my regret's, I did not find this website until I departed the area. If I return I would like to see a category titled Inland Empire which covers the Ontario, Upland, Rancho Cuca., Chino, Fontana, areas. Riverside and San B. are large enough to have their own site but there are plenty of opportunities between these two fine cities.

Catfish
03-23-04, 22:57
themole says:

"Maintaining them separate allows for the small holes in the wall to get some reports."

I agree with this concept as it does narrow down some areas of specific interest. For example, I had been looking for info in the Temecula/Murrietta area. Presently that area seems to be in its infancy so I have to search the entire Riverside thread to find what I want. This could be further hampered and the eternal hole-in-the-wall might be easily overlooked if the area were widened. I'm all for more options than less in order to pinpoint my interest, regardless of number of posts.

TheMole
04-16-04, 01:13
Jackson,
How long are going to be running these surveys? Have you made a decision?

Just curious, since it has almost been 2 months, since the thread started.

Member #5605
06-04-04, 01:59
Jackson e-mailed me today on the question noted below this post, stating that the "results are inconclusive". I can't see how, since its clear that the NO side has won the "poll". Pretty conclusive I'd say!

Jay Bird 82
06-04-04, 21:50
All that I care about is a Tahoe board seeing that I will be there in a couple weeks.

Jaybird

Rocker149
06-29-04, 19:32
Gentlemen,

I have lived in the Inland Empire since 1972. The businesses along Valley Boulevard are pretty much the same as they have always been. In fact driving down Valley is almost like being stuck in time since very little has changed. There needs to be a section for San Bernardino and one for Riverside. The Riverside area would encompass Moreno Valley, Beaumont, Banning, and of course Riverside. San Bernardino would include Bloomington, Rialto and Fontana. The two areas are much too large to be combined into one and the action is different for both.

rickenrack
07-14-04, 19:31
The action is very different in the two areas, and I think it would be best to keep them separate.

J Men
07-14-04, 20:27
I think they should be seprate now more then ever becouse of the area code change. Dont you think Guy's ?

Member #5605
07-18-04, 16:15
Put the pressure on Jackson for the change. Not only does he think the poll results of this are "not conclusive", but apparently he thinks that making sure every member that asks for "membership upgrades" is more important then improving the ORGANIZATION of this board! Don't ask me why. He told me to "hold my horses". Sigh!

Big TB
07-21-04, 07:07
Takeit from the Rocker, hes lived out there 30 years +

"The two areas are much too large to be combined into one and the action is different for both."

blahblah111
06-21-05, 18:42
Not enough action in each to be worth separate sections.