PDA

View Full Version : News and Media Report

Admin
12-31-99, 20:00

Qetuio
01-17-22, 21:47
In it, there is this; "Increasing targeting of illicit massage businesses by coordinating with local law enforcement, private property owners, regulatory boards, and increasing.

Investigation into tax compliance;.

https://www.governor.virginia.gov/executive-actions/executive-ordersdirectives/executive-action-title-918536-en.html

Is is likely the local workers are forced to?

Lurker A
01-20-22, 21:33
In it, there is this; "Increasing targeting of illicit massage businesses by coordinating with local law enforcement, private property owners, regulatory boards, and increasing.

Investigation into tax compliance;.

https://www.governor.virginia.gov/executive-actions/executive-ordersdirectives/executive-action-title-918536-en.html

Is is likely the local workers are forced to?I'm not saying it doesn't happen but I'd say that all the masseuses I've met here and elsewhere are working to put cash in their own pockets. But I have always wondered how the AMPs dealt with taxes, given many are 100% cash businesses. It was taxes that took down Capone after all.

Ironically, the best way to fight sex trafficking would be for the state to legalize sex work. Doing so would make it safer for everyone involved and remove much of the incentive to traffic. But both political parties / leaders shout from the rafters about protecting personal freedoms yet neither actually believe that unless it's a freedom they believe in and it suits their own agenda. So I won't be holding my breath.

Citizenv
01-25-22, 06:38
I'm not saying it doesn't happen but I'd say that all the masseuses I've met here and elsewhere are working to put cash in their own pockets. But I have always wondered how the AMPs dealt with taxes, given many are 100% cash businesses. It was taxes that took down Capone after all.

Ironically, the best way to fight sex trafficking would be for the state to legalize sex work. Doing so would make it safer for everyone involved and remove much of the incentive to traffic. But both political parties / leaders shout from the rafters about protecting personal freedoms yet neither actually believe that unless it's a freedom they believe in and it suits their own agenda. So I won't be holding my breath.I agree with your assessment. I've been in some locations over seas where girls were brought in from other countries to work in bars as "dancers" or "waitresses", but found out after arriving that they were expected to do more than that. Some of them got bait and switched into their situations, while others knew their situation but needed to work off debts they owed. These had a different vibe about them and were significantly closer to what I think of as trafficking than anything I've personally seen here in the states. I haven't personally tried the ACS options in the state -- they might be more trafficking oriented, but the standard AMP girl is not in my opinion. Even the high end K-girl agencies feel completely voluntary to me based on my own experiences / conversations.

Typically, traffickers use a few methods to control their girls. They will either force drug use, get them addicted, and then use the continued availability of the drug as the motivator to cooperate, or the threat of physical harm if they don't. In all my mongering in the states, I've never seen an AMP girl with signs of drug use or bruises. Not to mention that the body language and demeanor of the girl would be completely different under those conditions. The trafficking word is only used in my opinion because it makes for good headlines on the news.

This will potentially impact us either way though, as there obviously is some prostitution going on in AMP's around the state. I personally think its more political posturing than anything else, but we will just have to wait and see. To me, it kind of reads like they are just going to do recon up until that September meeting but I could be wrong. My advice would be to avoid using credit cards to leave your "tips" in these establishments (we should already have not been doing this, but its especially true now), and if you're a very frequent visitor I would say don't use a credit card at all (getting the occasional massage is easy to pass off as normal, but 3 times a week looks sketchy).

As for the taxes, I imagine its similar to what waitresses or strippers do. They're expected to pay tax just like anyone else, but only their actual salary is documented by an employer. It's up to them to keep track of what they make in tips and to report that amount when they file their taxes. It's an integrity based thing, and there's no way for the govt to really prove it if they fudge the number a bit. That's why AMP's always want you to pay in cash. Firstly, they get to dodge the processing fee for the credit card charge (usually 2 or 3 bucks per transaction). And secondly, it makes it way easier for them to hide the transaction completely (and pay no tax as a result).

RegularVaGuy
01-25-22, 15:23
I'm not saying it doesn't happen but I'd say that all the masseuses I've met here and elsewhere are working to put cash in their own pockets. But I have always wondered how the AMPs dealt with taxes, given many are 100% cash businesses. It was taxes that took down Capone after all.

Ironically, the best way to fight sex trafficking would be for the state to legalize sex work. Doing so would make it safer for everyone involved and remove much of the incentive to traffic. But both political parties / leaders shout from the rafters about protecting personal freedoms yet neither actually believe that unless it's a freedom they believe in and it suits their own agenda. So I won't be holding my breath.He if it is legal, the women have the right to go to the police if someone rips them off or hurts them. Personally I agree that legalizing it will have effect of decreasing human trafficking. The Johns won't have to go to shady places where the women are controlled by human traffickers. They can go to places that are safe, so the trafficker will not have the traffic and the huge profits.

SlapNutts
01-28-22, 12:46
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/british-pensioner-dies-naked-table-26076769?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=star_main&fbclid=IwAR00QF3kabES3RAnfMPt2N9N-Zd97lDCNBlstZeWVXGt6488W3uXckJXXc8

Qetuio
02-14-22, 21:48
Drove by BP yesterday. 5+ LPD vehicles parked in lot directly behind. Drove by WL, 2 LPD in lot, though not directly in front.

SlapNutts
02-15-22, 09:39
Drove by BP yesterday. 5+ LPD vehicles parked in lot directly behind. Drove by WL, 2 LPD in lot, though not directly in front.Bro I've never been to WL so can't comment on that place. However for at least the last 3-4 years, PROBABLY longer there have been police vehicles parked in the lot directly behind BP in a row, right behind the back door. So what you are reporting is nothing new. That is unless you can say you saw LEO swarming out of the vehicles and going into the shop AND I'd bet my left nut you DIDN'T.

I believe the LPD vehicles are parked in that lot for a local repair shop. I have also parked behind BP and went in the back door several times, with those PD cars parked there and have never seen a cop around. With that said a camera could easily be placed in one of those cars facing BP's back door. If that's the case they most likely have my license plate from 2 years ago through last October. And I doubt they would take that long to build a case against me if there is a hidden camera planted. With that said it can't hurt to be cautious and Just to be on the safe side I'd use BP's front door if anyone is worried about the " 5+ LPD vehicles" parked there, but take my word they have been parking there for YEARS.

Lurker A
02-15-22, 21:57
Bro I've never been to WL so can't comment on that place.What's WL? I assumed it was Waterlick, ie Jojos. But I know you've been there!

Also, to pile on, "LPD" is Lynchburg. All the Timberlake area AMPs are in Campbell county.

SlapNutts
02-16-22, 09:40
What's WL? I assumed it was Waterlick, ie Jojos. But I know you've been there!

Also, to pile on, "LPD" is Lynchburg. All the Timberlake area AMPs are in Campbell county.My mistake Lurker A. LOL So many unneeded abbreviations in the original post. Never heard of anyone referring to JoJo's or Waterlick as "WL" before. In my brain I normally refer to the shop on Waterlick as "Jojo's" OR "waterlick" . And when I saw "WL" I assumed it to mean "West Lake" since that's a shop also owned by "Alice" Timberlake BP's owner.

I'm sure You're correct about the police jurisdiction being Campbell county in that area, However Both Jojo's and Timberlake BP's addresses are listed as Lynchburg VA, so while the original poster is certainly wrong about seeing "LPD" vehicles, its not far fetched for him to THINK they were LPD when the address he was scoping out are both indeed in Lynchburg .

Qetuio
02-21-22, 22:27
I've never been to BP, never even been down that intersecting street, so I've never seen the back of the place til recently. So I was surprised to find multiple police vehicles parked in the back lot. Bit of a shock that of all places there would be so many right next to an establishment like that. I can buy that they are they for servicing. But that still means cops are routinely in the immediate vicinity of the place.

SlapNutts
04-12-22, 09:17
I've never been to BP, never even been down that intersecting street, so I've never seen the back of the place til recently. So I was surprised to find multiple police vehicles parked in the back lot. Bit of a shock that of all places there would be so many right next to an establishment like that. I can buy that they are they for servicing. But that still means cops are routinely in the immediate vicinity of the place.So you've never been there and you're not familiar with the area. I'm telling you the police vehicles have been parking there easily 3 or 4 years. Its a "bit of a shock" they are parked there?. No not really, if you live in the area you'd KNOW that property was one a repair shop that was destroyed by a tornado. I'd assume the shop still uses the lot for parking OR the repair shops across the street use it for the police vehicles. Bottom line is I've NEVER seen anyone IN or AROUND those vehicles or any cops in the vicinity of the vehicles.