PDA

View Full Version : Email Notification Problems - Member Discussions and Advice

Admin
12-13-03, 16:40
Please select "Add New Report" to begin this section.

Bothan Spy
07-24-04, 04:27
Does the Test Email Function button not work? I've tried and get a page not found or an SQl error. I requested an upgrade and per the message that all upgrades prior to 7/21 have been done. Yet, mine does not appear to have been done so I am troubleshooting before bothering Jackson. I tried requesting my password to see if I could receive email from ESG and that worked, so I'm not sure if the problem is email or something else.

Phishy
10-01-04, 22:57
Need Help: Jackson

I send a number of emails asking to help but problem still not resolved therfore now registered a new member ID.

My orginal id: Phish

Problem: Changed my Email Address. Never recieved notification, now as I am unable to verify the email address my ID is locked out.

Jackson can you please send me a Email Verification Notification again Please!

In future if someone is already is a long standing member and for some reason do not disable the old mail & ID if notification fails while changing email, allow for re-try... I have been locked out for a month

Phish
10-11-04, 19:57
Jackson: Thak you very much for the quick turn around. I am finally able to login and post. Just in the nick of time.

I am now down in BA and will shortly begin to post real detailed reports of my tour-de'pussy!

Hopefully, if you are down at the mansion would like to stop by and say Hi.

Haagendazs
10-26-04, 23:42
Hello there Jackson. I couldn't change my email address. It seem that I do not have sufficient rights to change it. Is it because of the site upgrades and I should wait?

JP2U
10-30-04, 05:24
I have a problem getting unsolicited mail from WSG. Whenever I post something, the system automatically "suscribes" me to that thread and whenever someone posts something, I get an email notifying me of that.

If you post in a fairly active thread, your liable to get many emails a day.

To stop receiving emails one must "unsubscribe" from that thread.

Is there an option NOT to receive ANY emails for ALL future postings? I couldnt find it! And why is one subscribed by default to any thread he posts in?

In the meantime, I've blocked WSG emails from my Yahoo acct.

Joe Zop
10-30-04, 22:08
If you notice, at the bottom of the "Reply to Thread" window you have an option which says "Thread Subscription." All you have to do is select either "Do Not Subscribe" or "No Email Notification" and you're all set. You can also make those selections within the User Control Panel.

JP2U
10-31-04, 04:09
Thanks Joe, just noticed it now. I thought it was only done via the control panel which lets you unsubscribe from individual threads but with no option to unsubscribe from all future threads by default.

Still I think the subscribe feature should be off by default.

Joe Zop
10-31-04, 11:24
I expect being subscribed with email on is the default for the forum software -- it's clear there's a lot of tweaking that will go on. Jackson's priorities, as I can see them, seem appropriate to me: first get things stable, then improve performance so you're not overtaxing the server or eating up bandwidth, and then work on tweaking. No member, for example, has the ability to change their own passwords or email address yet in the User CP, which I'd expect will change if only to reduce Jackson's workload.

Keep in mind that all of what we're seeing right now is with forum viewing restricted to members only, unlike the normal situation. From my viewpoint, this has actually been an unusually seamless move so far for such a major upgrade, with a minimum of downtime or unexpected problems. I think we all just need a little patience, and then we'll better see what the software can do.

JP2U
10-31-04, 13:16
Keep in mind that all of what we're seeing right now is with forum viewing restricted to members only, unlike the normal situation. From my viewpoint, this has actually been an unusually seamless move so far for such a major upgrade, with a minimum of downtime or unexpected problems. I think we all just need a little patience, and then we'll better see what the software can do.
Yep, with 98,000 members I would agree with you that its been "unusually seamless".

alohau5
11-10-04, 10:15
I am having problems getting into the main forum. Keep getting the "Cannot Display or Web Page not Available" message when I click on "Discussion" or "Main Index." I am a Senior Member and I never received any email about any difficulties with user name or email address. Is everything OK? Is this just a little glitch while you update software?

Thanks,
Alohau5

CaryGrant
11-14-04, 02:16
Dear Jackson,

For some reason, I am not allowed access to these CP functions:
Edit Email & Password
Edit Profile
Edit Options

Can you tell me why? or is that just a temp glitch.

Thanks,

CG

Tiger88888
11-15-04, 15:45
jackson - need to change my email address, did the test email - no probs then was going to forward the changes onto your old email (jackson at wsgforum.com) - but it keeps bouncing back.

can you help me change my email address please?

thanks tiger.

Scottie69
11-18-04, 20:11
Hi Jackson and CaryGrant,

I too am having similar problems. I'm a viewing member and can do all the "normal" things a viewing member should (e.g. searches, subscribe to forums etc.) But for some reason, I cannot access these Edit functions. Am using both IE 6 and Firefox 1.0, with the same result (cookies turned on as well)

Anyone have any ideas?

Scottie69

Dear Jackson,

For some reason, I am not allowed access to these CP functions:
Edit Email & Password
Edit Profile
Edit Options

Can you tell me why? or is that just a temp glitch.

Thanks,

CG

The CP functions have been turned off until I can edit them to remove the functions that I do not want users to change.

I will post a notice when the CP is operational.

Thanks,

Jackson

Humpty Dumpty
11-27-04, 04:21
I dont know which email i registered with. and the "edit profile" wont allow me to change address. I would like to upgrade to senior member.

Suicidal Robot
01-05-05, 01:48
A quick skim over these last posts and I can see I share the same problem. I've been off the hobby for quite awhile so I just figured my account was in some sort of disabled state due to an extended inactivity. I wanted to edit my email address but, like the others, I am restricted by the system. The User Control Panel will not allow me to do ANYthing. Should I just re-register or can this be fixed?

dazzle
04-15-05, 22:17
Jackson,

Just hit post #10 in the US (la based)

Please upgrade me to sr. status so I can start to swap info with DL, Irie, Marlow and others.

Thanks

TheJoker
08-03-05, 21:23
Jackson:

I'm a regular member on the USA forum, and I can post here without a problem, but under the new International forum I'm lock, can't do posting, only view photos and read what's going on?

I'm using the same mail address, the spam it's off, and I can get a verification
e-mail from USA sex guide, but not from International sex guide it's weird!

I'm running out of clues here help me out please.

Thank you

8ball
09-09-05, 11:58
Even logged in, I get no photos either in preview / search mode or by clicking on the link. This has been trure for at least 2 days.

What's up?

Thanks

Kimchi
09-09-05, 16:56
Jackson: I am having problems posting. It tells me I am not activated. I am.
I was reactivated the other day. Thanks.

Sexy Shay
10-11-05, 11:17
I am new to this site and would like to add my profile can I do that and if so could you please tell me how?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Sexy Shay,

I have no idea why this question is in the thread for email notification problems.

I also can't actually understand what it is that you are having problems with.

You can access your profile by login in and then selectin gthe "UserCP" link in the top menu bar.

Anyway, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of every page of the forum to send me an email describing your problem, and please be more specific.

Thanks,

Jackson

Pistol2407
11-10-05, 13:06
Jackson,
When i log into my account, it tells me i need to activate my account, but i did that long time ago. Also i can not upload any photos now. It shows all my owned attachments is 1.10 MB and a red bar shows at the bottom of the upload window before i upload any photos. Do we have a limitation of all the photos attached before? Thank you for the help!

Wiggles
11-13-05, 00:18
Jaskson,

It tells me to activate, then I try to send a new code but it never shows up in my email.

Old Fart
11-21-05, 16:34
Jackson, I too have been a member since the Carter administration or so - and suddenly when I try to log in and go to USA sex guide I get the block message about how I cannot view this site. I have sent an email to verify the address is correct, which worked fine. I have clicked on the activation code several times, no responce. I should not need it, I just barely hit Senor Member Status.

Please tell me what I can do - I miss my WSG.

Old Fart

Double Nickle
01-19-07, 14:32
I was just notified by email 7 times for one new posting on Humorous Photos, plus double and triple notifications on others.

Double Nickle

=============================================

Hi DN,

I appreciate your having taken the time to report this problem.

Has anybody else experienced the same problem?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Jackson

Richiboone
12-19-08, 20:01
I have this site send my activation (Which I shouldn't need to do because I am already active.) to my correct e-mail address but it never arrives.

=========================================

Hi Richiboone,

Did you read and try EVERYTHING on this list?

http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/announcement-emailsolutions.php

The activation email is probably in your SPAM or BULK email folder.

Thanks,

Jackson

Turpin
08-10-09, 00:46
HI I tried to activate my account.

It wont let me post or anything.

I've tried to activate it multiple times.

Gigabyte40
08-17-10, 10:55
Does anyone know,
can the ID used for USASexguide also be used on InternationalSexGuide?

I use Gigabyte40 on USA, but I cannot access it anymore on International.

All attempts to reset password and contact administrator have failed on InternationalSexGuide for user Gigabyte40. I've followed all suggestions for resetting, RTFF many times, added entries to email safelist, but still no response.

It's working ok on USASexGuide.

Any advice about this?

Thanks
Gigabyte40

Valpier
07-26-11, 08:20
Need to change my user name. Did what was mentioned in the FAQ but never received an email. Checked Spam and Bulk folders, nada.

================================================

Greetings,

The Forum's "Change User Name" function is not functioning at this time.

This customized script must be modified to work with the recent
upgrade of the forum's operating software.

At this time, I have no idea when the modifications to the "Change
User Name" function will be completed.

However, I will post a notice in the forum when the "Change User Name"
feature has been modified and is working again.

Thanks,

Jackson

Valpier
07-26-11, 18:23
Thanks for the clarification J!

Need to change my user name. Did what was mentioned in the FAQ but never received an email. Checked Spam and Bulk folders, nada.

================================================

Greetings,

The Forum's "Change User Name" function is not functioning at this time.

This customized script must be modified to work with the recent upgrade of the forum's operating software.

At this time, I have no idea when the modifications to the "Change User Name" function will be completed.

However, I will post a notice in the forum when the "Change User Name" feature has been modified and is working again.

Thanks,

Jackson

Jacksbackin
09-17-11, 17:29
Ok, so can anyone one tell me how it is I get a private msg from myself?

When I hit replay it also sends to me. WTF?

Hi guys, my name is Sarah. I am 19years young and new to this area / business. I am located in the Baltimore area and can do outcalls. I am the best GFE you ever had and will please you in everyway possible and no rushs and I'm very mature and classy. I am not posting pictures on here but I will glady send them to you via phone or email. Txts are welcome and are perferred. Txt or call for more info and donations. Thanks hope to hear from you soon guys. Avalible anytime. 443-261- xoxo.

*Sarah*

Cartog
02-12-12, 12:31
The email notification feature for private messages received has stopped working for me in the last week. Anyone else seeing this problem?

Satya
03-07-12, 00:16
The email notification feature for private messages received has stopped working for me in the last week. Anyone else seeing this problem?I moved and have a new PC. Now I don't get notifications of posts to my subscribed threads. I wonder if it has anything to do with an updated version of Internet explorer.

If you respond do it by PM. Thanks

Fritter Face
07-16-12, 21:08
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but can somebody please tell me the best way to get my account and posts deleted from the site? I sent a message to the admin address last week, but I never received a response. Thanks for your help.

BillyBob987
06-27-13, 12:18
I have had a PM notification for a few days now but when I check them there are no new or unread PM's? Any help is appreciated.

Lendo49
11-10-13, 22:04
Beware of this one she is very sly and will rip you off.

Lendo49
11-10-13, 22:20

Lendo49
11-10-13, 22:29

Cobalt
04-27-15, 10:32
When I log in, it shows a PM notification. When I go to my email, it does not show any unread messages. Any idea on how to correct this?

Thank you.

Yessica28
02-25-19, 14:49
[Commercial Message deleted by Admin]

EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was redacted or deleted because it appeared to be a commercial message and/or it contained links to a commercial website. All commercial advertising must be posted at our new site, The USA Adult Classifieds http://usaadultclassifieds.nl Please read the Forum's Posting Guidelines and the Forum's FAQ for further information.

LooksNordic
07-13-19, 21:56
I see that I am listed as an advertiser / provider.

I am just a regular member (monger if you will).

I have no idea how that might have happened. (User error I would suspect).

This seems to cause some confusion when I post a review of a provider. .

Is there any way I can that changed?

Thanks for your assistance.

Fixed

A2

WhackingOff
12-11-19, 07:22
Seems I can reply to topics others post, but I can't start my own thread?

Only Senior Members can start new threads. That's how we prevent new members from destroying the organization of the forum because they don't understand how it's organized. If you want to start a new thread, just send a PM to a Senior Member who is active in the section that interests you and ask them to start the thread for you.

Admin3

Goglo69
10-01-20, 22:09
[Message to Admin deleted]

EDITOR's NOTE: This report was edited to remove a message directed to the Forum Admin.

The open Forum is not the appropriate venue to contact the Forum Administration regarding individual questions, complaints or comments about the administration of the Forum. Instead, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page to send me an email voicing your complaints about the administration of the Forum, and I will respond as quickly as possible. Thanks!