PDA

View Full Version : Bust

Caribe
04-16-15, 17:36
I heard there was a a visit by undercover LE on Marshall across from Famous Star burger shack. One provder cuffed and taken away. I'm guessing it's being watched.

ValleyGuy8888
04-17-15, 01:09
I heard there was a a visit by undercover LE on Marshall across from Famous Star burger shack. One provder cuffed and taken away. I'm guessing it's being watched.I am not surprised at all by this bust, since San Gabriel has tighten up regulations against AMPs within the City limits. Many places in the city, use to open until 10 pm has been ordered to close the doors by 9 pm now. This place on Marshall has been pushing their luck and operating until 11 pm. Also the majority of AMPs in San Gabriel have been under the radar as far as visibility! But this place has a very high profile compared compared to the other AMPs, besides being close to a church and residential area.

HapaBoy86
04-18-15, 01:39
I heard there was a a visit by undercover LE on Marshall across from Famous Star burger shack. One provder cuffed and taken away. I'm guessing it's being watched.You have addy to bust. So to avoid.

The Camel
04-18-15, 12:11
I am not surprised at all by this bust, since San Gabriel has tighten up regulations against AMPs within the City limits. Many places in the city, use to open until 10 pm has been ordered to close the doors by 9 pm now. This place on Marshall has been pushing their luck and operating until 11 pm. Also the majority of AMPs in San Gabriel have been under the radar as far as visibility! But this place has a very high profile compared compared to the other AMPs, besides being close to a church and residential area.San Gabriel is one of the cities that loudly supported passage of the new state legislation in 2014 that gave cities more power to tighten local regulation of MPs within their borders. I don't know if the city has passed any new ordinances under the new state law or if they are just enforcing existing regulations, but it is a sign that the city is gearing up to do what they said they'd do last year if the new law was passed. Other localities likely to follow over time while others no doubt will just let it be as long as there aren't many loud complaints.

BTW, we don't know yet, but IMO this new law doesn't mean we can expect a bunch of undercover operations. The cities could do that before the new law but it is not easy for LE to pull off and costly. It mainly means they can more tightly regulate hours of operation, zoning, licensing requirements for masseuses, "condoms on premises" ordinances, even number of masseuses working, etc. These are tools to allow LE to harass an MP out of business but spares them the expense and difficulty of prostitution busts and prosecutions. I believe the new law also makes it possible to hold an MP owner responsible for an act of prostitution by a masseuse which means one prostitution bust and the place could be shut down. In the past they had to have evidence that the owner was aware of special services being provided by the workers. The provider got busted and the joint stayed open with business as usual. I repeat that this is just generic information that I've detailed before. Time will tell what actually comes out of the new regulatory structure with the localities having more power than they did before.

ValleyGuy8888
05-04-15, 12:51
San Gabriel is one of the cities that loudly supported passage of the new state legislation in 2014 that gave cities more power to tighten local regulation of MPs within their borders. I don't know if the city has passed any new ordinances under the new state law or if they are just enforcing existing regulations, but it is a sign that the city is gearing up to do what they said they'd do last year if the new law was passed. Other localities likely to follow over time while others no doubt will just let it be as long as there aren't many loud complaints.

BTW, we don't know yet, but IMO this new law doesn't mean we can expect a bunch of undercover operations. The cities could do that before the new law but it is not easy for LE to pull off and costly. It mainly means they can more tightly regulate hours of operation, zoning, licensing requirements for masseuses, "condoms on premises" ordinances, even number of masseuses working, etc. These are tools to allow LE to harass an MP out of business but spares them the expense and difficulty of prostitution busts and prosecutions. I believe the new law also makes it possible to hold an MP owner responsible for an act of prostitution by a masseuse which means one prostitution bust and the place could be shut down. In the past they had to have evidence that the owner was aware of special services being provided by the workers. The provider got busted and the joint stayed open with business as usual. I repeat that this is just generic information that I've detailed before. Time will tell what actually comes out of the new regulatory structure with the localities having more power than they did before.Hi Camel and all.

Thanks for your elaboration on the San Gabriel scene. It is official that the "House od Dreams" is past memories now. The star attraction there, "Eva" is off the radar screen. This place reminded me of the good times that I had near the "Pizza Place" not far from here.