PDA

View Full Version : Photo Shoot Locations

BTBear
01-18-15, 12:33
If this is in the wrong section, please move it.

As some of you know I am a photographer who specializes in Provider Advertising (see ad elsewhere on the site.)

The biggest challenge I have is finding a location to shoot. Now I can do some nice things in a King-bed room at a 3+ star hotel, but it isn't the same as a house.

I am searching for locations. Probably would be best if it were the house of a provider or one of a single hobbyist. The bigger and more up scale the better, compensation is up for negotiation.

When I do a shoot the location is the responsibility of the subject, but I would love to say, "here is a list of emails, contact them. " and then the provider would work out the deal directly (I don't need to get in the middle, especially when some ladies might want to trade for the use of the place.).

PM with any offers or suggestions.

LoveSashaEvans
02-04-18, 00:51
Shooting outside of the cliche king bedroom can be fun. Keep in mind the provider's photo lineup should contain a tasteful range of themselves in different settings, not just stripped down to lingerie in every single shot.

Fun ideas to try:

Outside around the city.

Outside with green in the background (I. E botanical garden).

Trendy coffee shop (I don't mean Starbucks. I mean those cute boutique Instagram-worthy coffee shops).

Trendy Bar.

Boutique Hotels (I. E Leveque Tower, Hilton on High, The Joseph / Le Meridien). In Ohio the average nightly rate for a suite in a boutique hotel is only $200-$400 so to make up for that cost you could book 3-4 providers for a 1 day shoot. If you charge a session fee you'd make back the money spent for the room effortlessly.

I don't know what part of Ohio you are in but there are lots of beautiful places to shoot in the metro areas. If you are in Columbus try Little Easton too.