PDA

View Full Version : Phone advice / help

BikeZappa
12-06-14, 08:38
Maybe I'm just paranoid but please advise. I never use my I Phone (Verizon) to set up dates. Just use an email account and ask for directions and time to meet from a provider. Seems to work most times. Is my I Phone safe from tracking by my wife? Can she determine where I go if I take my phone with me? I tried a monger phone but found it a nuisance because I had to always hid it and charge it. I'm retired from work. Is my I phone safe from the wife? How can I make it safer? Thanks.

Blazer5
12-06-14, 15:02
Maybe I'm just paranoid but please advise. I never use my I Phone (Verizon) to set up dates. Just use an email account and ask for directions and time to meet from a provider. Seems to work most times. Is my I Phone safe from tracking by my wife? Can she determine where I go if I take my phone with me? I tried a monger phone but found it a nuisance because I had to always hid it and charge it. I'm retired from work. Is my I phone safe from the wife? How can I make it safer? Thanks.Your paranoia is well founded. The "Find My iPhone" feature can be used to track your iPhone. The good news is your wife would need to know your iCloud password in order to use it. If she does know it just change it. Also if your iPhone is up to date and she knows your password you will get a email stating your account has been used to locate your iPhone. If she is really into your stuff she could log on to your email account and blacklist the emails from apple and you will not know it.

BikeZappa
12-06-14, 15:12
Your paranoia is well founded. The "Find My iPhone" feature can be used to track your iPhone. The good news is your wife would need to know your iCloud password in order to use it. If she does know it just change it. Also if your iPhone is up to date and she knows your password you will get a email stating your account has been used to locate your iPhone. If she is really into your stuff she could log on to your email account and blacklist the emails from apple and you will not know it.WOW. Thanks Blazer. Scary stuff. Glad I never used the iphone for anything. She completely set up the phone for me. I have no password for the iphone. I will try and figure out how to add a password. Can I remove the Find My Phone feature easily? Thanks Peter.

Blazer5
12-06-14, 19:52
WOW. Thanks Blazer. Scary stuff. Glad I never used the iphone for anything. She completely set up the phone for me. I have no password for the iphone. I will try and figure out how to add a password. Can I remove the Find My Phone feature easily? Thanks Peter.The password is not for the phone itself. It's used to access iCloud services, iTunes, and the App store. It can be disabled on the phone not sure if it can be remove or not. Changing your password to one she doesn't know is your best bet or simply power the iPhone down.

EuHunter
12-12-14, 14:49
I used to work at tmobile back when I was in college, all you have to do is shut off your location services (gps services) when you are going to your dates. As soon as you are done and out if the area simply just turn it back on. Done.

JohnnyBoy98
01-07-15, 09:45
[Forum Complaint deleted by Admin]

EDITOR'S NOTE: The general posting sections of the Forum are not the place to voice your personal complaints about the Forum's rules or operating procedures. In the future, please send any complaints about the Forum to me personally by email or PM, or post them in the Comment on Forum Rules section. Thanks!