PDA

View Full Version : Login & Posting Problems - Member Discussions & Advice

Pages : [1] 2

Admin
07-30-02, 01:02
Select "Add New Message" to post a message.

Erik
10-17-02, 08:31
I have not been able to read the China section during my trip in China. No problems with the other sections, but as soon as I entered a topic of the China sectino, the error screen appeared.

Do you think that reflects that the Chinese police is reading WSG or is that just the effect of automatic worl filters ? Why don't I have the same problem in Vietnam ?

Daddy
12-26-02, 04:46
I keep getting E-Mails stating that someone has responded to my post in Juarez???????? Never posted there? Can you help

It sounds like you are "subscribed" to the Juarez section, which means that the forum software will send you a notification email every time some other member posts a message in that section.

Since you must to specifically "subscribe" to a section, it was something you probably did while in the section and without noticing what you were doing.

Use the Controp Panel link on the left side menu bar to review what topics (if any) that you are subscribed to. You can also use the Control Panel edit or terminate any subscriptions.

Jackson

TheProwler
07-10-03, 19:34
It seems that this site is not compatible with an AOL browser. I have never been able to log in under AOL. When I use my Microsoft Explorer browser I can log in with no problem. Is there a fix to this?

FlyBy
07-13-03, 23:43
I can't edit my posts...says I don't have permission. please hook me up so I can edit my posts.

Nobody can edit their post after the first 30 minutes.

Jackson

Sorcerer
08-18-03, 12:21
Jackson,

I added a new post and attached a pciture to it. The link was automatically added to the posting by the new feature, BUT when I try to read it it says I do not have permission to access the page.

Great feature - wish we could post a couple of pics inline - but htis is a great addition.

Sorry guys, I didn't have the member settings properly configured. It should be working now.

Jackson

Just Mitch
09-01-03, 22:02
Jackson,

I am still having problems logging on and nothing seems to be wrong with my cookies set-up. I have used the assigned log ons (I think three by now, maybe two) and then changed them to one I can remember which seems to work once. But when I log on the next day, the new one doesn't work, the old ones don't work and I have to go through the whole process again. I sent you an admittedly frustrated sounding and slightly snarky sounding email complaining about this, but just got the standard auto reply which is useless. Please advise and tell me how I can simply log in without the hassles I realize you are extremely busy and I appreciate this site and the info, but there has to be an easier way and, frankly, your auto reply suggestions aren't cutting it.

Thank you.

Sometimes a one-size-fits-all doesn't cover individual concerns. Appreciate any suggestions you have or fiixes you can make to your site for this problem.

Sinverg Wenza
09-20-03, 09:38
I remember having seen help on how to enter text in italics, boldface, different colors, etc. somewhere. I can't seem to find it now. I suggest that this info could go into the FAQ.

I can't see the option to quote a report, either.

Perhaps those things are gone with the last posting problems or policy change that hasn't been advertised?

Freeler
09-21-03, 01:24
Just Mitch,

Is your day and time setting correct? - Some cookies don't work without proper date/ time setting.

Do you access through a secure proxy? - Perhaps the proxyserver adds or removes something vital.

Is your internetsecurity software blocking something? - There could be something there that makes your cookie set-up uncompatible with the log-on procedures of the forum.

Joe Zop
09-21-03, 10:46
Just Mitch -- you might also try turning off cookies for a couple of sessions and then turning them back on. Sometimes a bad cookie causes problems. I've found, for example, that logging in with cookies works fine for me, but browsing the board with cookies does not. I'd also suggest cleaning out your internet cache, as that can also make for issues.

Dick Travel
09-28-03, 11:13
Hi Jackson.

I seem to be having trouble posting a photo.

Im using the Russia, Moscow forum. I have recently added a text report, I was intending to attach a pic but it wouldnt post.

So, I sent the text alone and tried to send a seperate 1 liner report with the pic, still no joy. It takes ages then I get a page not found error.

The pic is a .jpg at the required physical size with a file size of just 60KB.

I hope it is me and not a problem for you.

Regards

Dick Travel

JustFun10
10-06-03, 04:34
Hi Jackson,

Been facing some problem with posting a reply to some member's queries. When i click on add new report i am asked to sign in. Which i duly do. But instead of going to the new report area i keep going back to the login page. Does this happen with others as well? Sometimes it takes me 3 to 5 attempts to get logged in to post a new report. Also when i finish typing out my post and press "submit" it goes back to the login in page. I lose all my input and have to start all over again. Hopse i dont have to loging again for this post. :)

ooopsss i was sent to the login page again :( Had to log in at least 8 times.

Eric T
10-08-03, 08:36
Hi Jackson,

JustFun (a senior member) asked me to notify you that something is seriously wrong with his account as he cannot post and cannot even go to change his settings and gets a 'not authorised or account blocked' message. Please look into his account and reset things to work well again.

Eric

Joe Zop
10-08-03, 10:17
His problem is probably one with the cookies on his machine, which means Jackson can't do anything about it. (He can confirm whether or not this is the issue by logging on from another computer.) Have him go in and delete those, then try changing things so his account doesn't use cookies to browse the board -- that's what worked for me when I had the same problem.

JustSumFun
10-13-03, 03:14
Hello Jackson,

I need your help in the matter of logging into my Justfun10 id. I can log in but when I want to add new report I get shuttled to this page which says Logged in USER and then the other option is Logout.

How can I post on the forum?

Please advise.

Justfun10

ps. Also in this id i cannot post. Everytime i click on submit report i go back to the login area. I lose all the content that i have typed and have to retype it all over again and invariably am thrown back to the log in area again. this post i have already tried to submit 3 times.

Cattawhumpus
10-29-03, 15:42
How do I edit my profile? Thanks in advance.

Use the "User Control Panel" link in the left side menu.

Robux
11-26-03, 11:04
Admin,

I can't send private messages.

- When I do, and select to save a copy, none is saved.

- When I send a test message to myself, none is received.

- I dropped the firewall and cookies are accepted. Have all the latest IE updates for V.6.x

Any suggestions?

Robux

Robux
11-29-03, 01:17
Regarding the issues I was having with PM: Nevermind.

I'm just a moron. Feel free to make "short bus" jokes at my expense. Was pushing the button on the "Go" right instead of the one on the left.

Robux

Kool Klyde
12-01-03, 03:47
Let me apologize to Jackson for a thousand emails about not being able to login and offer a possible solution to login problems. I use AslowL (AOL) and would login, get the welcome, and when I would go to the main index I was not logged in. In a PM with a WSG member on a different site he suggested I use a different Browser. What the heck, I had tried everything else. Logged on to AOL and opened Internet Explorer and everything works as advertised. If you keep having problems try a new browser (Internet Explorer, Netscape or whatever). Good luck!!

Denis
12-22-03, 03:55
Jackson,

First Best Wishes for the coming New Year,

Since a week I have problems to get to my private messages , every time I try to go in my inbox, I got the message box: You are not logged even if I am logged.

Any ideas?

Sincerely,

Denis

Hi Denis,

Please read http://www.wsgforum.com/vforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1699.

Your problem is #6 on the list of symptoms.

Your solution is probably #1 on the list of solutions.

Please let me know if this solved your problem.

Thanks,

Jackson

Denis
12-23-03, 11:56
Jackson,
Thanks, it worked!
Have a wonderfull Christmas and a fantastic mongering New Year
Denis

Dick for Brains
12-27-03, 01:53
Jackson - I don't know where else to post this even though this is clearly not the right place.

In any event here it goes:

Occasionally, after requesting a forum search, I click on one of the occurrences and the page AFTER the appropriate citation is activated rather than the page OF the appropriate citation.

Any chance of fixing this?

Hi,

It's a glitch in the Forum's programming. I've been waiting for several months for them to finally release their next upgrade of the program, which I assume will resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Jackson

Dubai Dog
01-17-04, 14:35
Hi,

So like me you recently found that you are not able to access this site. Why? Maybe an IP router problem on your country network or perhaps simply you live in Saudi Arabia and they block everything.

Here's the Solution:

1. 8 - 10 dollars a month you get your self a linux web account with pearl (cgi) enabled.

2. Then you dowload a cgi proxy. I recommended nph-proxy.cgi

http://www.jmarshall.com/tools/cgiproxy/

3. Follow instructions and install. Voila, a anon surfing proxy just for you.

4. Pass word protect the directory that you put it in so that only you have access.

5. Guess what? This will take you to any adult site that you want!

Enjoy

Sour Honey
01-23-04, 15:21
Thanks so much Jackson!

Octopussy
02-09-04, 23:41
Dear Jackson,

In China, my connection to internet always interupting, and always disconnecting suddenly. I believe it is due to the server problem in China. When I post my field report here, I always disconnected half way and lost all my effort for typing my report. can I just download the 'add new report' from the forum and do the posting. After completing the post in my hard disk and reconnect back to the forum for posting. Please tell me about it.

Thanks for your precious time.

Octopussy

Hi,

I always suggest to everyone who is writing a long report that they write it in a word processing program first, then proofread and spell check, then save it as file on their computer, AND THEN copy and paste it into the forum.

With this method, there is no danger of losing your work, and besides, it's easier to write in a real word procession program first. Even if you're in an Internet Cafe computer with no word processing program installed, you can always use Notepad or WordPad.

Jackson

PeeWee
02-28-04, 18:44
Ok, I posted over 200 messages. Now when I log in I find I can no longer post (why) This has just happened within the last week and nothing has changed on my system, so I think it is on WSG's end.

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending revisions to add standard capitalization and punctuation. To avoid delays in future reports, please refrain from using the "chat room" style of writing with no caps or punctuation. Thanks!

Humpty Dumpty
03-01-04, 14:16
OK, I think the server needs upgraded or something. Its kind of slow, but I am sure you've noticed that. I would like to alter my Private Message settings and can find no link to do so. A glossary of abbreviations would be great too. Everytime I click on the links to these parts it says "cannot be displayed" after timing out.

There was a temporary glich in the server that effected the performance for about 36 hours. It's been rectified.

The Forum is on a dedicated server, and stastically responds faster than 76% of all the websites on the internet.

There is a link at the top of the website that says "Terms and Abbreviations".

Thanks,

Jackson

Beachbum
03-05-04, 09:10
Jackson - - The system still seems to be very slow as of 0800 EST, Mar 5.

Vchip
03-08-04, 13:53
Jackson,

For about the last 1-2 weeks (including this session) the forum pages have been loading extremely slowly. In fact it's not uncommon to get a "server not responding, try again later" message. There definitely is a problem that your computer gurus need to fix.

Cheap Thrill #2
03-09-04, 10:16
Can someone 'PM' to make sure my private mssgs are working.

Thanks

Vchip
03-09-04, 14:00
Jackson,

Reference my post yesterday. I don't know what you did but the problem has gone away and the system is now lightning fast.

Brownout
04-12-04, 10:49
I have difficulty using PM as follows:

When I click 'PM' button in an article, I am led to the correct page. But when I go to Control Panel-Private Messages and try 'PM to buddies', The system behaved as if I hadn't been logged in.

Please work out a solution.

Freeler
04-12-04, 15:54
Cheap Thrill #2,

to find out if your PM is working simply send yourself a PM!

Lestat
04-20-04, 21:07
Hello can someonr please remiove the delay from my account. There seems to be about a 24hr delay in anything that I post & it is allways accompanied by the following canned statement:

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending revisions to add standard capitalization and punctuation. To avoid delays in future reports, please refrain from using the "chat room" style of writing with no caps or punctuation.

Thanks!

Hi,

Several months ago your memberhsip was changed to "moderated" status so I could have the opportunity to review and edit your reports to meet to the Forum's Posting Guidelines before they were displayed in the Forum.

Thanks,

Jackson

Jammer
06-11-04, 15:00
Hi Jackson,

Was there something wrong with my Brevard County post recently? It never-appeared and I never heard from you about it. I've tried to read/know the rules, and I don't *think* I did anything wrong. The post was about some police hassling a young lady for unknown reasons just south of where most of us drive. Anyway, if I broke some rule please let me know (also, can I be Jammer99 instead of just Jammer please? I think I read/knew your rules when I made up my name, and the 99 has meaning for me -- I am sorry if it apparently makes me resemble a previous abusive member, but I assure you I am not that person.

Thanks,

Jammer99

Miao28
06-27-04, 19:09
Jackson,

Whenever I press the search button on a member, I am taken to the search page but I am not able to go back to the original page when I hit the back button on my browser.

I wonder if it is a problem with my browser. I am using Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106IC.

Thank you.

Privateguy88
07-09-04, 04:14
I go to the photo section and click on a photo. I can view the photo but when I close the photo (click red 'x' in corner), the window closes and so does I.E.

The "back" botton does not work. It appears to be a 'dead-end' link and I have to close the brouser and reopen again, log on, etc. I think I.E. closes when I click on the photo link.

This just started today.

Daddy Lows
07-09-04, 17:12
Miao,

When you do a request function like that and press back ONCE, it'll do the same request. Try pressing the back browser twice and then it should skip over the request and go back the previous page. I've done this before like in February when I was a newbie.

Jackson,

I've tried adding some more subscribed sections to my PM system but alas, have not been successful. This was last week and earlier this week. Thanks and thanks for a great website.

Peace

Hi,

When you subscribe to a section of the forum, the announcements you receive are sent to your EMAIL ADDRESS as an email, not as a message to your PM mailbox.

Yet another reason to have a valid email address.

Jackson

Matisse
07-12-04, 03:18
I can log in to the site, but when I try to view a photo or post, it says that I am not logged in and takes me to the log in page. So I log in to view a photo, but when I go back to the forum and try to view another photo, I have to log in again. And then I try to post and the same problem. I have to repeatedly log in. I don't know what is wrong. I don' t think I changed any of my settings.

Figrindan
07-12-04, 23:15
This is not really about Login/Posting, but I didn't see a more appropriate forum.

There is a small problem in the forums. When I click "printable version" and then "show all 999 posts on one page", it is broken, it only shows the same 15 recent posts. I REALLY want all 999 all at once! Thank you for all your time.

Daddy Lows
07-22-04, 14:38
Matisse,

You might have to check you internet options on your browser. If it's Internet Explorer, go to the security settings then go all the way down to where there are login options. I think I recall one saying logon with username and password. Also, try going to your PMs first. You'll get a login screen. Then check your PMs (since most members here plain forget to do that anyways!). You should be able to access everything else without having to constantly login.

Jackson et al,

I have a problem with using the Microsoft Photo Shop resizing function. Or maybe it is working properly. I noticed in the Test Messages section that the resized photos I posted have a sort of edginess, pixellated look to them. I originally took them in 4.0 MP 1600x1200? jpg format. I use an Aiptek 4500 DVR camera. When I do the resize, the picture looks ok quality-wise on my laptop, but then when I checked it out here, it looked awful. My phone camera had better quality! Am I missing something when I'm resizing? Thanks to everyone (anyone) for responding.

Peace

If you do not own a graphics program, you may download a free program called Image Resizer at http://www.imageresizer.com

Homer69
08-09-04, 23:52
Jackson,

My userid was upgraded (Thank you) but there is a problem with the way it displays. I'm guessing it has to do with my charitable benefactor status? It should show up when you read this message in the bar on the left side.

Homer

Member #2001
08-10-04, 02:19
I have noticed the last 2 days that there has been a problem viewing the "veiw new posts" section. Its does not work.

Someone might want to take a look at it

Member #2001
08-10-04, 02:27
the message that comes up is as follows:

Warning: main(): Unable to access ./includes/functions_search.php in /home/virtual/site4/fst/var/www/html/vforum/search.php on line 44

Warning: main(./includes/functions_search.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site4/fst/var/www/html/vforum/search.php on line 44

Jake Sins
08-10-04, 13:24
I too am experiencing the same problem as Member 2001. The same error message also comes up when trying to view message posted over the last 24 hours.

Jake

Rolly Polly
08-10-04, 13:41
Member 2001

I'm having the same problem. It comes up if you use the search feature also (at least the one at the bottom of the posts).

Daddy Lows
08-10-04, 14:43
Guys,

All search-enabled functions are disabled. I usually like to search the posts of people who PM me for contact info, just to get a handle of what type of posts they report (i.e. more requests or actual field reports). I haven't been able to do that. Also, I like to hit the Last 24 Hours to see what the world has been up to. Can't do that either. Perhaps, Jackson is modifiying or upgrading the site this week?

Peace

Member #2395
08-11-04, 19:57
I am experiencing the sme problems as those immediately below, and I can only presume that all other members are as well.

Is Jackson aware of this......does he check this forum?

Fantastic site.

Gentlemen,

"does he check this forum"

What, is this question a joke?

I wish that the Forum would run itself, but I only check the forum about 50 times a day.

I am always aware of every issue, malfunction or other proglem that the forum is experiencing.

Thanks,

Jackson

Sorcerer
08-14-04, 10:31
Jackson,

Great forum - probably the best on the net - and I know it takes a whole lot of your time and I appreciate it.

I WAS going to ask about the Search problem - but I found that you are working on it. THANK YOU! Great job...

Thank you
Sorcerer

Rock Dog
08-18-04, 01:07
Jackson,

I've noticed that some of my recent reports haven't gotten posted. Usually, they go up in a day or two.... which is great! Recently it seems like they've been taking quite a bit longer. Also, I'm pretty sure that it was at least a couple of posts that never made it.

This is by no means a complaint. Rather, I am curious to know if there's anything else going on besides the search malfunction. One member has suggested that everyone's busy watching the Olympics.

Maybe one of these days I should get off my lazy butt and upgrade to senior member status! That way, I wouldn't have to wonder about posting delays. Hmmmm, wonder if I have enough good reports to qualify yet? ;)

Rock

I've been busy.

TomQ2
08-30-04, 08:57
Hi Jackson:

Do you have any ideas why I ywould receive the following message when checking "last 24 hours"?

Warning: main(): Unable to access ./includes/functions_search.php in /home/virtual/site4/fst/var/www/html/vforum/search.php on line 44

Warning: main(./includes/functions_search.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site4/fst/var/www/html/vforum/search.php on line 44

Thanks in advance.

Tom

MJG Dogs
08-30-04, 09:37
Jackson,

I am in sosua. I posted a true and very telling story about my experience with Sara tha haitiana. I am curious to why it was not posted?

The story about the shank, the extortion is 100% true. Was the report not posted because it was so hard to believe?

Trust me. It is all true. Please e-mail me with an explaination. I do not want others to go through all the bullshit that I had to encounter.

MJG Dogs

Dear John 69
08-31-04, 01:08
Jackson

I have posted a few times and my post either dont show up at all or they come on days latter. What gives?

DJ69

During the past month I've been extremely busy attending to the responsibilities of my profession, which is how I earn the money to support this FREE service.

You are welcome.

Jackson

MSJ44
08-31-04, 22:04
Hey Jackson,

Was wondering why I can't access the search function, or last 24 hour functions on the site?

Any suggestions? Should I just logout/ back in agin, and clear out the cookies?

Thanks!

Big John Stud
09-01-04, 15:39
Fellow members,

Seems like the Search function has been down for several weeks, at least. This is a server/ scripting error, not cookies. Maybe safe to assume it was disabled for whatever reason? Any website like this gets plagued by all kinds of hackers, DDOS attempts, et cetera. I am sure The Admin is working on any problems... the Search is a very helpful feature, lets hope it will be restored soon.

Hi BJS,

You are correct, and I appreciate your patience, which is a refreshing change from many of the emails I have received on the subject, many of which were just plain rude.

BTW, effective this afternoon, the search function has been restored.

Thanks,

Jackson

Dear John 69
09-02-04, 09:24
Jackson,

My post are not showing up on the board, and when they do they are two to three days behind. I am wondering what is going on?

DJ69

I've been busy, and now I'm catching up.

Thanks,

Jackson

Warpig2000
09-03-04, 20:44
I'm with MSJ44- I miss the last 24 hour and search functions. Jackson, this site is awesome so I really don't want to complain, but it would be nice to be able to see the posts of the day globally across all forums once again- it made the site so much easier to navigate.

9/07/04 Post Script: Thank you Jackson for fixing Search. It is much appreciated

NutHang
09-05-04, 19:57
NOTE: Search interface has been restored, very helpful to checkout a girl's name. Thank You!

Homer69
09-27-04, 11:35
Jackson,

Can you take a look at the html for my user name? I think something to do with my Charity Benefactor status may have caused something to make it look screwy.

Thank you.

Rolly Polly
09-27-04, 14:16
Jackson,

How the hell do you find all the time for upkeep of this site and still manage to make a living??

I need to know your secret either to making money or to time management because I am lacking in both! :)

Cheers and come visit us in South Florida once in a while...!

Rolly

Joe B Cool
10-12-04, 11:55
Hey all,

Can someone tell me how I can delete a message I posted?

Whenever I 'click' edit message it tells me I'm not a regular member?

Thanks for any help.

Joe

Charlie18
10-14-04, 22:13
Any help would be appreciated here. Basically the problem is that I cannot view sent or recieved private messages. When I log on I am told that I have 0 unread messages and 4 messages total. I have not viewed one single message other than when I was typing one and and clicked Send. I have clicked "Go" nedt to All Messages to no avail. I have also tried different browsers and have tried deleting old cookies and the like. Again, thanks to anyone who has suggenstions on what to do, and remember, I cannot read incoming PM's as of now so sending me one will not help as I cannot read it.

Charlie18

Daddy Lows
10-15-04, 05:49
Charlie,

Try this link and see if you have disabled the PM function.

http://www.wsgforum.com/vforum/usercp.php?s=$session[sessionhash]

Joe B Cool,

You need Senior Member status to edit your posts. Keep the info flowing and Jackson will get to you sooner or later. I was around 315 posts before Jackson got to my 4 month old request. Actually, I was mulling over whether it was better for me to stay a regular member but now, after several months, I can say it sure is nice seeing your posts show up ASAP and being able to edit them.

Peace

Roadie
10-22-04, 15:10
I have not been able to post to the forum for about a week now.

I am an regular member and have posted previously under the name roadie.

It keep getting a message the I am not authorized to post.

Can anything be done?

Shakedown
11-12-04, 12:59
I am a senior member and ever since the "update" I have been unable to submit a post. Am I missing something? The entire CT section is either in a similar situation or else everyone has become so frustrated that they are not posting anymore. Is it just me or is there something I am missing?

Member #2626
11-22-04, 17:39
I keep trying the new form to request a senior member upgrade, but I always get a server error. So I can't make the request. At the same time, I submitted two or three reports 3 or 4 days ago and they are not appearing - usually they are up by now. Any help on getting this working?Have the same problem with the upgrade, internal sever error. I tried to email Jackson but the email was returned due to full box, I tried the PM but that was also full. It takes days for a post to get posted.........please help, am I doing something wrong???

Scott

Geeze, guys, I'm just busy. That's all there is.

Jackson

Edonist
11-24-04, 05:30
Dear Jackson,

Your site is ecxcellent. You are doing a great service to Mankind. Despite all your Sins you will probably go to Heaven as a Benefactor.

However: let me tell you the story of this poor little "Regular member" who wanted to ask some questions and get some answers. He wanted to learn some stuff. He also wanted other member to read his reports and give back what he took out.

Since he had a 48 hours wait before his posts had a chance of appearing on the forum, by the time they did, they had got completely lost behind all the real-time posts of "Senior members".

After a few days he got very frustrated because despite all his worthy efforts he could not contribute and participate actively in the Forum.......

I've tried asking for senior membership which I hope I should be entitled to based upon my track record but I keep getting internal server error asking me to contact 'ralphcarson1@yahoo.com'.

Jackson this is a real problem , please help.

Edonist.

Daddy Lows
11-30-04, 12:49
Edonist,

Wait your turn, dude. I waited 5 months and 300+ posts before Jackson got to me. Dude, it's a free no-charge site. Remember that. BTW, look up Letters to the Editor. Some others experienced the same problems. Jackson told them to send a direct email to Jackson's email address.

Baltimonger,

See missive below. :rolleyes:

Sir Jackson,

Whenever I click on a user's name in a post to open up a sub-menu, I get the following notification:
Daddy Lows, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation

Am I doing something wrong altogether? Thanks for your consideration.

Peace

Baltimonger
11-30-04, 19:29
Daddy Lows,
I clicked on your user name and got the drop-down menu. I clicked on 'Find all posts by Daddy Lows', and was given a list of all your posts. The feature that doesn't work is 'View public profile'. This one is disabled for everyone.

BTW: Single left click on the name.

Chaucer
01-02-05, 03:57
I dont' have a problem posting or getting kicked off the forum. My problem is, I want to be able to send and recieve PMs but when I go to the user control panel and try to either change it so I can use PMs I get the following message:

Toilet Fish, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.I use the Opera browser, I tried switching to I.E. but have the same problem. Any ideas?

The User Control Panel is temporarily disabled.

Alliwantislove
01-09-05, 13:19
I brought with me to Buenos Aires a printed copy of a recent forum message. But I am unable to find it using the search function. (I am trying to find out who posted it, that info is not in my printed copy.) I've only been searching for individual words. I've tried Lavalle, Florida, and marginally. One word at a time. Lavalle and Florida gave me lots of hits but not the one I was looking for. The message I was looking for was in the Argentina section but I forget now which forum.

Just thought I should mention it.

Bob

JackDaniels
01-16-05, 18:23
I am not sure of others are experiencing the same problems, but over the last few weeks, I am finding the site to be unavailable for long periods of time. It is also incredibly slow. Maybe it is still the problems from the upgrade.

Cronin
01-16-05, 22:27
Jack:

Same here. Although you probably can't see this post, it took about two hours of trying to get this one post up. And I'm not sure that when I hit the submit button it will really go up. Haven't been able to post for a couple weeks.

Since I'm in China, I'm never sure if the problem is WSG or China. But, I can see that very few posts have gone up over the past few days.

Frustrating to have photos to post and be unable to post them. But what the hell are we doing sitting in front of the computer when there are perfectly good girls who need our advice and comfort. I assume Jackson shares our pain, this new system may not be all he hoped it would be. I wouldn't want his job, he's a saint in my book.

Cronin

Member #2255
02-09-05, 04:14
Keep trying Cronin, I'm missing your pic updates in the PRC section.

Daddy Lows
02-21-05, 11:54
Jackson,

Word of caution. I just now tried to log in unsuccessfully about 10 times. All attempts were using my screen name and password. The following screen log-in confirmation showed the following three names and I was able to go to the user profile and PM system of these following three names (I did not read anyone's PMs!!!):

One Tall Bear
Doh Man
Star69

I'll repost this in the appropriate area as well. Thank you so much for your sincerity, integrity, and honesty.

Peace

Member #2967
02-25-05, 08:31
Hi, my username is Coma Boy, but for some reason it has just changed to "Member #2967".

How can I get my real username back?

Bird of Prey
02-25-05, 09:49
This is in no way bitcning about the on going challenges we ALL are experiencing. I hope everyone remembers that Jackson is providing this service at NO CHARGE to anyone. He's turned me down countless times when I've offered to help offset the expenses he encures maintaining the board, not to mention the endless time he puts in. Why he would put up with anyone complaining is beyond me.

The following is merely what I am experiencing daily.

Most everytiime I post, I booted back to the "Don't get agravated" screen 6-7 times before the post finally goes thru. It's worse if I'm trying to upload a picture.

More importantly my post count is not correct. Every message I've posted has the same low number count. IT's rising but my count is weel over 100. I just brought up my posts from months ago and thay had the same number shown for post I made yesterday? Anyone else????

Mont Aber
03-09-05, 23:56
Hello,

First of all let me say thank you for upgrading my account from viewing member to regular member, I look forward to posting reports of some of the locations I visit.

The username that I created my account with is spelled Montaber, one word. Upon being unable to log in and requesting my password be sent to me I found that my username was no long Montaber but is now Mont Aber, two words. I received no email notification that my account had been upgraded or changed. Would it be too much to ask to have my original username reinstated? Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

-Monty

Coach 245
03-13-05, 05:47
Thanks Jackson for upgrading my Membership so that I can start posting! I have traveled to BA twice and Mexico numerous times. I have enjoyed the help from the members on the forum. They have helped me escape many of the common problems encountered by many unsuspecting travelers. Thanks again and I am looking forwarding to posting MANY reports!

Able2
03-28-05, 16:09
I posted messages on the Arlington Tx, Dallas Tx and Baltimore Md boards last Thursday and none of them got posted yet. I was wondering if I am doing something wrong?

Able2

Hi,

Did you post them here on in the old, now closed USA section in www.worldsexguide.info forum?

Thanks,

Jackson

Able2
03-29-05, 14:27
I am not 100% sure but I think I posted them on the usa site.

Able2

Laothai
05-21-05, 15:58
Jackson or Admin:

I am a senior member on the worldwide forum, but I am still a regular member here? I was upgraded to senior after the USA was split off, is there something special I need to do to be a senior member on the USA as well as the world guide?

Lurking Fan
05-29-05, 11:07
Jackson or Admin:

I am a senior member on the worldwide forum, but I am still a regular member here? I was upgraded to senior after the USA was split off, is there something special I need to do to be a senior member on the USA as well as the world guide?Ditto for me. I didn't even realize I was upgraded to senior until I was going through my inbox and saw that I was upgraded a month ago. I just checked and it says senior on the worldwide forum and regular in usa. Thanks in advance Jackson.

No Good
08-01-05, 16:27
Hi

I would to request that user "Jimi Hendrix" be made a senior member. He has made over 160 posts and has contributed a lot to the washington forum. It breaks up the flow of the fourm when you have to back track to see posts from him you have missed because of the delay.

Thank you

Up To No Good

Daddy Lows
08-01-05, 16:41
Jackson,

These are some examples of stuff I see when logging onto your international site. These pics were also posted in the Letters To The Editor section of your international site.

Ditto on Jimi's senior upgrade as well. If it wasn't for your new photo gallery option, I would've never known about Jimi "'scuse me while I kiss the sky'" Hendrix.

Peace

Monaco GP
08-01-05, 22:03
I too have "Senior" member status on the international site but am a regular member on the USA server. What do I need to do to remedy this situation. Thank you in advance.

Layin Pipe
08-02-05, 01:03
These are some examples of stuff I see when logging onto your international site. These pics were also posted in the Letters To The Editor section of your international site.Hey DL,

That is too freaking weird! I have never seen that on the InternationalSexGuide.Info site. One thing I do notice is every time I log onto that site, it is way slower and takes more time to load than the USASexGuide.Info site does. I hope Jackson can figure out who has been messing with his site and can put an end to it.

Layin Pipe

Greetings,

1. I recently installed a new program that monitors the server's traffic looking for bandwidth thieves, upon which it blocks that IP address for a length of time that I am relucant to disclose.

Anyway, you are probably getting this message bacause you are using the same IP address as an identified bandwidth thief. I'm sorry that this is the only option, but you need to either use another computer with a different internet connection, or wait a few days for your IP address to drop off the banned list.

2. You are correct that the ISG is slower than the USASG. That's because the ISG is on a seperate server protected by a seperate firewall appliance. This is what has stopped all the server attacks the Forum was experiencing a few months ago, but it does delay the traffic as it checks and double checks everything looking for patterns of attacks.

The good news is that in a few days I'm moving the site to a new server with a different firewall system, which I expect will increase the speed of the ISG Forum.

Thanks,

Jackson

Jeff K
08-02-05, 19:24
Jackson/Admin,

I've been trying to post to the Philadelphia AMP board with out any success. I fill out my message, click on submit, then I get a very brief message about being able to read my message directly, then I get redirected to the Pennsylvania root board. My message however never shows up. I expect I will have the same luck here but I'm giving it a try anyhow.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem with my account, or what?

Thank you

Hi,

Please read the Forum FAQ, specifically the sections regarding Regular Members.

Thanks,

Jackson

TheJoker
08-04-05, 15:13
Need help :

Unable to post on the International/mexico forum, it saids I'm a viewer member , I requested a regular member upgrade so I can post, but I'mnot getting an E-mail verification, in the other hand, with the USA forum everything it's great, I can read, view photos, pms, post and receive E-mail with the same browser without any problem.

PS: I will like to post in the Mexico section but it's lock, I don't understand why is that USA forum its responding to E-mail verification, and the International Forum it's not. Same browser same address, spam it's off, no blocking addresses. Thanks Jackson/admin

hughgrection
08-25-05, 02:00
Can I use this account there ?

WinSomeLoseSome
09-09-05, 08:51
I am repeatedly having to log back in. I can't post till I relog in and then I still can't view the photos. I have cleared my cookies even tried logging in from a different machine, no luck. I had no problems till I was evidently upgraded to a senior membership.

help

WinSomeLoseSome
09-09-05, 11:34
I am repeatedly having to log back in. I can't post till I relog in and then I still can't view the photos. I have cleared my cookies even tried logging in from a different machine, no luck. I had no problems till I was evidently upgraded to a senior membership.

help
I appears that if I arrive at the site and the site recognizes the cookie in the browser then I get a greeting stating:
"WinSomeLoseSome, you do not have permission to view this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your membership may not be activated.
Please click the activation link in the email you were sent, or click here to resend the activation email.
You cannot post reports, send private messages, or view the photographs until you activate your membership by email.
2. Your membership may not have the correct privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or access administrative features?
3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account."

Ok so I log out then I can view the forums however I cannot post, when I try to post I get sent to the login page which allows me to login and see the forums and post. However, when I click on a link to a photo I get taken back to the page I quoted above. If I go directly to the photo page when I'm logged in I see the listing but do not see the thumbnails, if I click on an image name I am sent back to the same page above.

I would be happy to try any suggestion, btw I am trying this on different machine than I was using when I posted earlier. Also this may have something with being newly upgraded to senior member.

Wastrel
09-09-05, 23:28
I am having the same problem as others I've quoted below; it appears that my automated promotion to "senior member" has blocked me from logging in to the forum. I suspect there may be a number of others who were "upgraded" who are in the same boat but haven't found a way to get in to say so. It seems clear that our passwords are no longer accepted by your software for some reason following the change in membership status. Simply entering through the home page results in an error message. Logging out and attempting to log in again results in the same error screen. This occurs regardless of which browser I use, and it continues after clearing all cookies and offline content, and it also continues after shutting down my firewall. I've also discovered it does not matter what machine I use. I can only get in to post this by sneaking in the back door by clicking on a link in an email notification of a private message or forum post I have previously saved, then navigating to the old index. When entering this way I cannot view the home page without receiving a prompt to log in, followed by the same error message, but I can use the old forum index through this peculiar sneaky method of getting to the site.

I get this error message after entering my user name and password when prompted:

"[NAME], you do not have permission to view this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Please click the activation link in the email you were sent, or click here to resend the activation email.
You cannot post reports, send private messages, or view the photographs until you activate your membership by email.
2.Your membership may not have the correct privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or access administrative features?
3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account.
Log Out Home"

And yes, I have cookies enabled, as I always have. Here are some other members having a similar experience today:

Post #93 today in Logging In & Posting Problems:

??? Not working
I appears that if I arrive at the site and the site recognizes the cookie in the browser then I get a greeting stating:
"WinSomeLoseSome, you do not have permission to view this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

2. Your membership may not have the correct privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or access administrative features?
3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account."

Ok so I log out then I can view the forums however I cannot post, when I try to post I get sent to the login page which allows me to login and see the forums and post. However, when I click on a link to a photo I get taken back to the page I quoted above. If I go directly to the photo page when I'm logged in I see the listing but do not see the thumbnails, if I click on an image name I am sent back to the same page above.

I would be happy to try any suggestion, btw I am trying this on different machine than I was using when I posted earlier. Also this may have something with being newly upgraded to senior member.
Post #92 today in Logging In & Posting Problems

help
Post #20 today in Email & Notification Problems:

posting problems
Jackson: I am having problems posting. It tells me I am not activated. I am.
I was reactivated the other day. Thanks.

Again, I strongly suspect there are others who are shut out following the "upgrade" in their membership who have not yet found a creative way to get into the forum to tell you of this problem.

Postscript: Two hours after posting this, the problem has disappeared, and I'm now able to log-in normally. I have no idea why, since I've done nothing differently than before, but if it was an admin fix, then thank you. Others with this problem may want to try again now also.

Hard Working 19
09-19-05, 14:27
Mine seem to be the same since my Senior Member upgrade. When I go the the home page, I get the unauthorized message. When I log out, then return to the home page as a visitor, and read a message, THEN try to log in, it seems to work. Not sure what is going on. Thanks

Scwoodus
10-08-05, 14:59
Same problem here. I was just automatically upgraded to a senior member. I have found that if I try to view the photo gallery it will let me log in. I can then go anywhere except the home page.

Best Tx Monger
10-24-05, 21:26
I have tried to open the web page twice but it is down. Anyone have this problem. Monday October 24. I hope this will not persist long. I know in the past when the site has been down, it really goes down.

Daddy Lows
10-25-05, 12:57
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/

Peace

Frank Booth
10-25-05, 14:20
Had same problem yesterday. Got a screen with message from Jackson saying copyright infringement suit caused closure of site.

No problem today, though.

Best Tx Monger
10-31-05, 14:39
Well, the International site was down. I know that for a fact !

When I went to it again, there were ONLY 20 Members logged on. By the time I got out of there, it was back up to 150 + and the numbers kept escalating.

Dunno what happened but looks like the site is fine and back up and running.

Thoo
11-01-05, 19:47
I saw the same copyright thing on this site (www.usasexguide.info), about 5 minutes before this post.

I would suspect this is not a 12 year old bored hacker. I am uncertain if I was reaching Jackson's server or not.

I want to tracert the connection if the incorrect server is responding, that might help him at least narrow where his adversary is. I don't expect a dot.gov, but you never know these days. Whoever it is, cannot control preceding server responses, unless his service provider equipment is where the compromise is.

TexasMonger
11-30-05, 22:58
I am having the same problem .....In addition, After my upgrade, I can't post pictures? I get error that I have exceeded storage limits?

Jackson..Please help

I get this error message after entering my user name and password when prompted:

"[NAME], you do not have permission to view this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
2.Your membership may not have the correct privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or access administrative features?
3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account.
Log Out Home"

And yes, I have cookies enabled, as I always have. Here are some other members having a similar experience today:

Post #93 today in Logging In & Posting Problems:

Post #92 today in Logging In & Posting Problems

Post #20 today in Email & Notification Problems:

Again, I strongly suspect there are others who are shut out following the "upgrade" in their membership who have not yet found a creative way to get into the forum to tell you of this problem.

TexasMonger
12-17-05, 08:16
Wow....Thanks ....All is fixed and is well :-)

Draco1846
01-06-06, 17:33
How come when I post a message it never appears in the threads that I'm subscribed to.

MI Hunter
03-02-06, 00:57
i couldnt log on the international site. it says it changed. what is the new site??

Nubian Jezebel
05-04-06, 22:51
Hello,

I am a new member and I would like to create my profile and post an ad for my services. Can someone help me out with this? Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks ever so much! Jez

JohnUT1966
10-16-06, 08:49
For the last four or five days when I have pulled up USASexGuide.info, my Spy Ware has blocked EO.EXTRE_DM.COM. Does anyone know what this is?

Virile Vito
11-09-06, 11:20
I have a question, not a problem.

How do you quote a prior post from a thread different from the one you're posting in? For example, how do I quote a prior post from Tampa for my report on the Orange County thread?

Also, how do you include multiple quotes in a single post.

Rev. Benchseats Rock - I have seen this in your reports, but did not find the instructions in the Rules section.

Jackson - a big thank you for your outstanding site and work.

BSR should also be commended for taking it on his own initiative to answer some of these questions.

Vito

Benchseats Rock
11-09-06, 23:02
I have a question, not a problem.

How do you quote a prior post from a thread different from the one you're posting in? For example, how do I quote a prior post from Tampa for my report on the Orange County thread?

Also, how do you include multiple quotes in a single post.

Rev. Benchseats Rock - I have seen this in your reports, but did not find the instructions in the Rules section.

Jackson - a big thank you for your outstanding site and work.

BSR should also be commended for taking it on his own initiative to answer some of these questions.

Vito

Vito,

Quote the report you want to quote like a normal reply to it, copy and paste where you want to post it. If you read the text you've copied and pasted you'll learn how to use the quote tag in vbscript, based on but a bit different than html. For multiples, just wash, rinse, repeat.

Hope this helps, and thanks for the kind words.

Bench

Virile Vito
11-15-06, 15:36
Vito,

Quote the report you want to quote like a normal reply to it, copy and paste where you want to post it. If you read the text you've copied and pasted you'll learn how to use the quote tag in vbscript, based on but a bit different than html. For multiples, just wash, rinse, repeat.

Hope this helps, and thanks for the kind words.

BenchBench,

Yes, that helped. After I successfully posted a test message, I eventually found the 'vbcode is on' box at the bottom of each page, which contained a guide on what is and how to use vbscript. However, it made much more sense after having done it, as I was previously unfamiliar with vbscript.

Thanks again,

Vito

Double Nickle
11-17-06, 17:13
Just when I thought I could navigate the USASG with ease I tried to post to the Reports of Distinction Thread. I think I understand how to do it...except I can't find the thread. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Double Nickle

Double Nickle
11-21-06, 12:40
I have a post of 206 websites for Manhattan Massage Parlors. I believe it will go over 300, possibly 400 or more in future revisions. At that length I think it would exceed a full page of posts. Does the program allow this? What is the current record for longest post?

Double Nickle

============================================

Hi Double Nickle,

The limit is 50,000 characters.

Thanks,

Jackson

Daddy Lows
11-24-06, 04:36
Hi Jackson. Hope you had your fill of turkey. In the Los Angeles>Figueroa Street Walker section, my post on Tuesday is not showing up in the forum but IS showing up when you click New Reports (just next to the blue highlighted <b>Figueroa Street Walker</b> section). I thought it looked like some kind of glitch. Just check for yourself. BTW, thanks for the great site.

Peace

TheJoker
12-04-06, 14:10
Hi Jackson:

I posted yesterday, 24 hs ago, and I can find my post under California
San Fernando section, if is any reason for the delay, or is something is wrong
with my postings please let me know.

Thanks.

==============================================

Hi TheJoker,

Please see the note on the Forum's front page.

Thanks,

Jackson

Nv Monger
12-07-06, 11:10
I want to post a review in Craigslist Reviews (Dallas). Being a regular member, I cannot add a thread. Is there a procedure for regular members to post reviews when there is not an appropriate thread.

Hi NV Monger,

Just ask a Senior Member to start the thread for you.

Thanks,

Jackson

Double Nickle
12-08-06, 17:39
Just when I thought I could navigate the USASG with ease I tried to post to the Reports of Distinction Thread. I think I understand how to do it...except I can't find the thread. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Double NickleHi,

The Reports of Distinction concept is only on the InternationalSexGuide.Info website.

Thanks,

Jackson

[I cut and posted Jackson's email to me in case anybody wants to find the Reports of Distinction - Double Nickle]

One Fun
12-17-06, 13:16
Hey,

New to site and have noticed it has taken several hours for the 2 posts I have made to appear in thread. This seemed very strange to me and thought I would ask if this was normal or system issue. I have posted on many boards in the past and most seem to update immediately. Other than that I have been getting a kick out of this site.

Thanks

===========================================

Hi One Fun,

Are you aware that reports are moderated before being displayed in the Forum?

Please read the Forum FAQ: Why reports are moderated:

http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/faq.php? faq=posting_questions#faq_posting_questions_02

Anyway, I appreciate your position. Please recognize the the purpose of monitoring reports it not to aggravate you but to keep the forum free of spam. It is specifically because I put in the work to monitor posts that forum is relatively spam free. I don't like all the work, but I know from experience that there's no other option.

Thanks,

Jackson

One Fun
12-18-06, 22:51
Hey,

New to site and have noticed it has taken several hours for the 2 posts I have made to appear in thread. This seemed very strange to me and thought I would ask if this was normal or system issue. I have posted on many boards in the past and most seem to update immediately. Other than that I have been getting a kick out of this site.

Thanks

Hi One Fun,

Are you aware that reports are moderated before being displayed in the Forum?

Please read the Forum FAQ: Why reports are moderated:

http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/faq.php? faq=posting_questions#faq_posting_questions_02

Anyway, I appreciate your position. Please recognize the the purpose of monitoring reports it not to aggravate you but to keep the forum free of spam. It is specifically because I put in the work to monitor posts that forum is relatively spam free. I don't like all the work, but I know from experience that there's no other option.

Thanks,

JacksonGot it and thanks for the info and your time.

Double Nickle
12-21-06, 09:15
Newbies aka Regular Members should be aware that there may be as much as a 12 hour delay in the posting of their reports although Senior Member's reports are posted right away. When the Newbie report is finally posted it will be placed not in order of posting but in order of submission.

In a slow thread a single report may be the latest one for weeks even months. But in a popular thread reports may be minutes or even seconds apart. So you may have to scroll down past a number of reports to find your new report. I just had a new report that looked like it was missing. But many reports by seniors had been submitted between the submission and the eventual posting of my report. I finally found it on page 2 of the thread.

Double Nickle

Daddy Lows
12-27-06, 15:28
Jackson,

Hello, sir. I've noticed my posts are delayed by 12-24 hours. Is that a glitch? They always show up a day or two later. Anyways, thanks for working so hard.

Peace

Det313
01-09-07, 07:48
Hey,
It is taking me 3 or 4 times to get logged in. Anyone have any advise?

Wallie
01-10-07, 05:44
Check the Cookies settings on your browser. If, for example, you use IE6 or lower, and do hot have the "Remember Me?" button clicked, then the login cookie might not be setting on your comp. This would especially be true if you used a link, right-clicked, and opened it (the link) in another browser window. That window would not know you are logged in, since you have no cookie.

Wallie

Hey,
It is taking me 3 or 4 times to get logged in. Anyone have any advise?

Double Nickle
01-10-07, 06:11
Apparently it is up to us to start our own Reports of Distinction threads in the USASexGuide. I cannot do so yet because I have almost 2 months to go until senior membership. Here is how a senior member did it:

Greetings everyone,

Per Jackson's brilliant idea on ISG, I've started this new thread to provide a centralized location to catalog the Forum's best informational reports. Here's the idea:

If you have written one or several detailed travel reports, or if you know of such reports, then please post the link here.

You may also include a short summary of the nature of the report.

A sample report would be something like this:

Here's a fucked up series of reports by BSR and LL on effective use of Google and USG/ISG for finding information for use in mongering

LoveLOS on how to RTFF
Bench Seats Rock on using Google

You can copy and paste the link into a report, or you can do it the easy way and use the tags, which you would format like this:

[post]Post ID number here
Whatever you want your link to say here

You can identify the Post ID by moving your mouse pointer over the "Quote" button and reading the Post ID number in the Status Bar at the bottom of your browser window. It's the last number at the end of the link text, just after the letters "p=".

Hopefully your contributions here and the subsequent use of this thread will reduce many of the stupid RTFF questions and subsequent RTFF stupid newbie firefights we wade thru here...

LoveLOS

AMP Indexes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WW1 posted these awesome reports quantifying the AMP scene in DC:

11-09-06 Report index June 2006 to October 31, 2006
09-13-06 Post Black Wednesday AMP address list
06-01-06 Report Index April and May 2006
03-30-06 Report index January 2006 to March 29, 2006
01-04-06 2005 Year Round-up
05-06-05 Addresses and metro stops

The ancient indexes by your's truly...
08-14-04 DC Spa update 2004
01-02-04 DC Spa report summary 2003

LoveLOS

I'm not sure these examples came through in their entirety. If not look in DC or do an advanced search for LoveLOS posts - DN.

Double Nickle
01-14-07, 17:10
Ouch. My post count just dropped from 136 to 131. I don't think any posts have been erased for rulebreaking and I don't think any of my threads, even test posts, have been eliminated. Is this a computer error?

Double Nickle

Hi Double Nickle,

No, the total count was changed to reflect a number that does not include contributions to the Jokes section.

Thanks,

Jackson

Oriole Mon
02-02-07, 22:44
Hi,

I am trying to figure out why I have not reaached Senior Status. I have well over the posts needed and tenure was met just over 2 weeks ago.

Thanks.

Zoomster
03-25-07, 12:41
A couple of times I have used the quote function to partially quote another member's report. Unfortunately the quotations have appeared as regular text, not in the blue box and without citing the name I am referencing. I realize this isn't a term paper I'm writing here, it just looks confusing. My question is: is there any way to go back and edit my reports so that the quotes appear properly? Thanks!

Double Nickle
03-25-07, 13:32
A couple of times I have used the quote function to partially quote another member's report. Unfortunately the quotations have appeared as regular text, not in the blue box and without citing the name I am referencing. I realize this isn't a term paper I'm writing here, it just looks confusing. My question is: is there any way to go back and edit my reports so that the quotes appear properly? Thanks!

If the edit button is still there (it only lasts a short time), yes. Be sure you have "QUOTE=author" inside square brackets at the beginning, followed by the text with no intervening space. At the end of the text put "/QUOTE" inside square brackets with no intervening space.

You can even make up your own quotes although this somewhat defeats their purpose:

inside square brackets...end of the text put

SuperXfly
04-03-07, 09:39
Hello,

It seems the "New Reports" link is not working at this time, at least for me. Just wanted to let you know of the problem.

Thanks

Double Nickle
04-04-07, 19:24
Neither New Reports or the Search function were working for me yesterday either. I got an error message that there was a problem accessing the database or something. However, both are working now.

BigLou107
07-22-07, 23:38
How do I delete my post? Someone pm me please a. S. A. P. Thanks.

Gary Man
08-08-07, 02:17
The attach photo or files button does not appear when I reply or submit a post. Any one else encounter this problem? Solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Civ2000
10-03-07, 22:10
For some reason I am always logged in. Everytime I finish reading I log out and then when it asks if I'm sure I want to log out I click on yes. However, it doesn't work, when I come back to the site I'm still logged in. While it hasn't caused me any problems yet, I do foresee a day when someone is using my computer and sees that I'm logged onto usasexguide as civ2000. Help? Suggestions?

Wallie
12-12-07, 03:46
For some reason I am always logged in. Everytime I finish reading I log out and then when it asks if I'm sure I want to log out I click on yes. However, it doesn't work, when I come back to the site I'm still logged in. While it hasn't caused me any problems yet, I do foresee a day when someone is using my computer and sees that I'm logged onto usasexguide as civ2000. Help? Suggestions?
Delete your cookies and browsing history every time you close your browser window for the final time before turning off your computer.

Dmgdgoodz
07-01-08, 21:10
I simply can't post a report.

I have tried to fix the problem and can't come up with any solutions.

Hi Dmgdgoodz,

Obviously, you are able to post reports.

Thanks,

Jackson

Sir Barton
08-18-08, 21:42
If I take more than about 5 minutes to write a post, I am prompted to re-enter by username and password after I hit the "submit report" button. After I log back in, the text of my post is gone.

I've been working around this by copying the post to the clipboard and then pasting it back after logging in. This is a bad solution for a shared computer. If the clipboard isn't cleared, control-V can paste it again.

Is there a setting somewhere that controls how long it takes to log you off while you are writing a post?

Clinton Bush
12-13-08, 13:09
Jackson,

For about the last 3 to 4 weeks, at times the site is unacessible because it times out.

I thought it might be a temporary problem at the time so I didn't note exctly when it started. I was one of those who actively posted in the Presidential election thread and it was not a problem then. I am guessing this problem started around mid November. It definitely had occurred by Thanksgiving as I recall having difficulty accessing the site over the holiday.

At first thought, I figured it was a problem with my computer. But I am not having this problem with other web sites. Only with USAsexguide so I think the problem is with the server. At times access is great and at other times I cannot view messages or post at all.

Not a complaint and not sure there is anything you can do about it but I wanted to make you aware of it. I am curious if other members have reported this as well.

Regards,
CB

A John
12-13-08, 14:27
Never reported it, however in the past I've tried logging onto this Web link and get a message saying it's unavailable. I've waited about 20 minutes and it usually works the next time I'm logging on. One or two times it took the better part of the day, like in the morning not available yet at five or six o'clock at night it works.

I have the same issues with the international site also. It's funny I can be having problems with this site turnaround and good to the international site and it loads right up. I've always just thought it was Jackson's server because I don't have any problem logging onto any other sites.

As well as you C. Bush I'm not complaining either just giving constructive feedback.

SgtPerv
12-13-08, 17:32
The attach photo or files button does not appear when I reply or submit a post. Any one else encounter this problem? Solutions?

Thanks in advance.The button is in the advance option ( below your submit report section,called addtional options) and is labeled "manage attachments".

Clinton Bush
12-13-08, 18:50
Never reported it, however in the past I've tried logging onto this Web link and get a message saying it's unavailable. I've waited about 20 minutes and it usually works the next time I'm logging on. One or two times it took the better part of the day, like in the morning not available yet at five or six o'clock at night it works.

Thanks for spelling it out in detail better than I did. That is EXACTLY the same message I get as well - site is unavailable. I have never had problems with the International site, but I don't access it as much. For me, it works like a charm.

Just curious - have you noticed this web site problem more in the past 3 weeks? I almost never had any problems with the USA site before then.

Clark Kent
12-13-08, 20:06
Occasionally in the last few weeks, I also noticed the site was slow to come up. I just assumed it was high volume traffic or maybe another upgrade to the servers or something. It's been better for me the last week or so, though.

Tim S
12-13-08, 22:29
Jackson,

For about the last 3 to 4 weeks, at times the site is unacessible because it times out.

I thought it might be a temporary problem at the time so I didn't note exctly when it started. I was one of those who actively posted in the Presidential election thread and it was not a problem then. I am guessing this problem started around mid November. It definitely had occurred by Thanksgiving as I recall having difficulty accessing the site over the holiday.

At first thought, I figured it was a problem with my computer. But I am not having this problem with other web sites. Only with USAsexguide so I think the problem is with the server. At times access is great and at other times I cannot view messages or post at all.

Not a complaint and not sure there is anything you can do about it but I wanted to make you aware of it. I am curious if other members have reported this as well.

Regards,
CB

I second that, I have been having the same problem. Usually if I wait a short while and try again the site comes up.

A John
12-14-08, 00:32
Thanks for spelling it out in detail better than I did. That is EXACTLY the same message I get as well - site is unavailable. I have never had problems with the International site, but I don't access it as much. For me, it works like a charm.

Just curious - have you noticed this web site problem more in the past 3 weeks? I almost never had any problems with the USA site before then.I'd say it started about six months ago, but now that you mentioned it I think it's maybe been more frequent here recently. I really never pay a lot attention to it as I always just come back later.

Clark Kent
01-07-09, 02:47
The site has been very slow to come up the last 12 hours or so. I even got a page that came up saying they were doing server maintenance. Maybe that's the actual thing going on. Either way, it's been hard to get on the site the majority of the day.

Northsideman
07-25-09, 15:52
Is it is possible for me to delete photos that I posted myself? If so, how do I do it?

Playful Milena
08-12-09, 22:40
Hello my name is Milena..

I'm new to this board and need help with posting threads. I wrote a letter to the Admin and still have not heard back. Below after I logged in it says: