PDA

View Full Version : El Centro-Imperial Valley

Member #5605
07-02-14, 03:19
Is anyone from this "pit" of CA aware if Adams Ave. In El Centro is still the "strip" it once was in the 90's (haven't seen it since then, so I have no way of knowing!

Member #5605
07-14-14, 23:11
I have seen it personally now! A "revisit" of Adams Ave. In the Imperial Valley's largest city reveals ZERO SW's (at least in the day time! Maybe they come out to play after dark when it gets down to below 100? I am guessing the smart ones get the hell OUT of the I. V. As fast as they can, and the rest stay inside. Or maybe they all go south of the border to Mexicali!

The Camel
07-16-14, 00:25
I have seen it personally now! A "revisit" of Adams Ave. In the Imperial Valley's largest city reveals ZERO SW's (at least in the day time! Maybe they come out to play after dark when it gets down to below 100? I am guessing the smart ones get the hell OUT of the I. V. As fast as they can, and the rest stay inside. Or maybe they all go south of the border to Mexicali!Mexicali is the monger's solution to this section of the map. Many options but it takes research before you go in. Not as easy as Tijuana to figure out how and where to get it done, and the action isn't as concentrated.

I never saw anything myself in El Centro but have not put in much time there. On the other hand, the smaller city of Brawley just to the north had a bona fide Mexico style red light strip of SWs and ficha bars when I first discovered it years ago. Pretty sure its all dried up now and become small town "gentrified", at least in that section of the main drag just a few blocks south of the center of town.

Member #5605
07-16-14, 09:24
Mexicali is the monger's solution to this section of the map. Many options but it takes research before you go in. Not as easy as Tijuana to figure out how and where to get it done, and the action isn't as concentrated.

I never saw anything myself in El Centro but have not put in much time there. On the other hand, the smaller city of Brawley just to the north had a bona fide Mexico style red light strip of SWs and ficha bars when I first discovered it years ago. Pretty sure its all dried up now and become small town "gentrified", at least in that section of the main drag just a few blocks south of the center of town.I am in Brawley now, and judging how DEAD its "Main St. " is, I truly DOUBT that any street south of it would constitute a "zona roja". Just out of curiosity, which one is it? If it has multiple motels on it (as Adams Ave. In EC does! Then that would be WHY it might act as a "zona roja". Checking it out would kill the boredom if nothing else!

The Camel
07-16-14, 13:17
I am in Brawley now, and judging how DEAD its "Main St. " is, I truly DOUBT that any street south of it would constitute a "zona roja". Just out of curiosity, which one is it? If it has multiple motels on it (as Adams Ave. In EC does! Then that would be WHY it might act as a "zona roja". Checking it out would kill the boredom if nothing else!Sorry, I wrote that wrong. The old zona roja was east of the center of town, not south. It was just a couple of blocks on the south side of the main street running east and west from the center of town. I don't recall the street name but the Best Western I stayed at fronts on this street at the intersection with the north-south main drag that you'd take to El Centro.

You'd walk east from the Best Western on the other side of the street and maybe 6-8 blocks from that central intersection its like you've passed into a bedraggled strip of bars on a dark side street of Tijuana or Mexicali. Years ago when I had opportunities to pass through I knew what I'd come upon since I'm a Baja regular. Heard the ranchero music wafting out of seedy bars even during the day. So I returned at night and sure enough there were a few Mexicana SWs present in the area, and pretty obvious that some slutted out be-Girls were inside the bars drinking "on commission" and dancing with the local campesinos. The local LE kept their eye on the little district though they fundamentally allowed it to operate.

I last passed through around 5 years ago but couldn't stop. I was on my way to Tucson on a tight schedule. I drove by during the day and can't recall the details of what I saw other than it looked like that era had clearly passed and the real estate was being used for more conventional "higher uses".

Still, any old agricultural town in the Central or Imperial Valleys inhabited largely by Mexican agricultural workers has a good chance of some kind of action somewhere. In my experience LE will keep it off the street and Brawley was an anomaly in that respect.

More often ficha bars that aren't too hard to find in quiet little towns that have nothing else going on after dark. Mostly these are just a tease for the local men but most realize that and are happy just to have some physical contact and flirtation with a muchacha. But if you are a spanish speaking gringo you may get some special attention with deeper pockets assumed, but it is incredibly rare for a gringo to walk into one of these bars. The irony is that the local farm workers end up spending much more money buying these chicas ficha beers than any gringo in his right mind would pay for panocha rental in this kind of setting. That's why Brawley with some street action back in the day was a unique opportunity since you could avoid the ficha bar game playing and potential risks, though I never had a problem. In fact the regulars often assume you're an immigration or vice undercover and go into chill mode. Makes no sense since LE would surely use latino undercovers if that's the way they want to go to keep an eye inside.

Member #5605
08-09-14, 11:53
Sorry, I wrote that wrong. The old zona roja was east of the center of town, not south. It was just a couple of blocks on the south side of the main street running east and west from the center of town. I don't recall the street name but the Best Western I stayed at fronts on this street at the intersection with the north-south main drag that you'd take to El Centro.

You'd walk east from the Best Western on the other side of the street and maybe 6-8 blocks from that central intersection its like you've passed into a bedraggled strip of bars on a dark side street of Tijuana or Mexicali. Years ago when I had opportunities to pass through I knew what I'd come upon since I'm a Baja regular. Heard the ranchero music wafting out of seedy bars even during the day. So I returned at night and sure enough there were a few Mexicana SWs present in the area, and pretty obvious that some slutted out be-Girls were inside the bars drinking "on commission" and dancing with the local campesinos. The local LE kept their eye on the little district though they fundamentally allowed it to operate.

I last passed through around 5 years ago but couldn't stop. I was on my way to Tucson on a tight schedule. I drove by during the day and can't recall the details of what I saw other than it looked like that era had clearly passed and the real estate was being used for more conventional "higher uses".

Still, any old agricultural town in the Central or Imperial Valleys inhabited largely by Mexican agricultural workers has a good chance of some kind of action somewhere. In my experience LE will keep it off the street and Brawley was an anomaly in that respect.

More often ficha bars that aren't too hard to find in quiet little towns that have nothing else going on after dark. Mostly these are just a tease for the local men but most realize that and are happy just to have some physical contact and flirtation with a muchacha. But if you are a spanish speaking gringo you may get some special attention with deeper pockets assumed, but it is incredibly rare for a gringo to walk into one of these bars. The irony is that the local farm workers end up spending much more money buying these chicas ficha beers than any gringo in his right mind would pay for panocha rental in this kind of setting. That's why Brawley with some street action back in the day was a unique opportunity since you could avoid the ficha bar game playing and potential risks, though I never had a problem. In fact the regulars often assume you're an immigration or vice undercover and go into chill mode. Makes no sense since LE would surely use latino undercovers if that's the way they want to go to keep an eye inside.I will check this "zona roja" area of Brawley out (assuming it exists anymore! When I next go through Brawley next week. I am now in El Centro, and Adams Ave. Down here, appears to STILL have an SW or two out amongst its many motels! They only come out after dark when the heat has "cooled off" to the 90's though! .

Member #5605
01-11-15, 14:27
I guess a provider or two (nothing of any "high" quality) CAN still be found on this strip (drug addicts apparently)! It is VERY "hit and miss" though. When nothing is out there, literally, NOTHING can be found (not in July, or January)! Weather does not play a part in whether the SW's are walking. Either they are available, and OUT, or non-existent, and GONE!

FoxHunter158
10-05-19, 05:47
For those few of you that might stop by this board and look in the EC forum, here's some advice. You'll waste more time trying to find a reasonable SW in EC than you would just making the 20 minute drive to the border and walking across. Once across the border, go to the Calle Juarez area and adjacent streets and just pop into some of the bars. Take your pick! A lot of these places have a VIP room. I prefer these bars over the strip clubs. If you MUST to go a strip club, La Casona and Miau Miau are pretty beat. I'd go to La Mosca as 1st choice, and Aquarius as a far 2nd.

Bobisee
01-28-20, 21:30
I once toured the SW parts of our USA in an old RV which I'd recently purchased. On my return to the West Coast from El Paso, Texas, I'd decided to pass through El Centro, CA. It was warm out during the mid-day in which I thought to view the city and maybe if lucky, see if there was any street fun available. Indeed there was, though probably not a lot because I didn't need to look long enough as I was at the right place and time. There was a worn out white MILF-aged addict standing or even hanging out on a street looking for customers. With her was a somewhat chunkier "newbie" who appeared to be Chicana of half the other lady's age. The older asked me who I wanted since it wasn't clear the other was also working. The younger one turned out to be a sweetheart and was without attitude or hustle. She even appeared to enjoy her time with me. Only one Jackson she wanted which provided a lovely unhurried 30+ minutes. She was good for anything that incl top, bottom, front, & back. Oh, those were the days some twenty-five years ago.

TxMinnlin
07-25-23, 02:42
Passing by El Centro I used to remember it being a nice quiet town, now it seems like a round down trash town. Looked through Adams were I used to go, everything is gated now. Drove around and saw a bunch of homeless, I was on my way out when I though about it and drove by and told the homeless women not too bad looking just that the town is shit now "want to earn some" 3 walked over and I told one to get on. 20 was all it took.