PDA

View Full Version : Guns and Knives

Alwazvice
04-01-14, 21:44
Interesting question occurred to me today, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that's thought of it.

Do any of you guys carry weapons, and if so, do you retain them going into a hotel, house, AMP, etc? I always keep my tactical knife. With a relationship, I've kept my handgun in a hotel meet with an SP. Never have carried it on the first meet, which bothers me since that's when I feel the highest level of exposure and risk.

Interested to know what others are doing and thinking about it.

DaveFromGL
05-01-14, 03:02
...With a relationship, I've kept my handgun...I wonder if all this vacancy means a collective "No comment"?

If I absolutely can't avoid going to a dicey area, I'll take my S&W 640 in .357, carried in a belt-line holster clipped inside my pants at the small of my back. I've never had to pull it, and never had anyone even notice I was carrying. But since I know a lot of girls carry at least a blade, and their handlers are likely packing a stolen .22, I don't feel guilty in the least at showing-up for a "date" with a fully-legal, more powerful weapon.

That said, since our greatest tactical advantage is often our mind, I prefer using it to its' potential by studying a scenario in advance, surveying the area, and avoiding or diffusing drama whenever and however possible. And since getting their hands on as much of my money as possible is usually the goal of an adversary, I have a few time-tested diversions practiced which allow me to safely exit a bad situation in a few seconds, while making my opponent think their pay-day is only minutes away. I have needed to utilize some of those in the past.

One of the easiest is this: always carry a broken / junk cell-phone to a meet. Then if you get a bad vibe and use the excuse that you're running out to your vehicle to get more cash (ostensibly because she's "just so hot you know you're going to want an additional hour with her", if she protests you leaving, you pull out the junk phone and tell her to hold onto your cell until you get back inside.

Member #4753
08-24-14, 15:31
Interesting question occurred to me today, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that's thought of it.

Do any of you guys carry weapons, and if so, do you retain them going into a hotel, house, AMP, etc? I always keep my tactical knife. With a relationship, I've kept my handgun in a hotel meet with an SP. Never have carried it on the first meet, which bothers me since that's when I feel the highest level of exposure and risk.

Interested to know what others are doing and thinking about it.As a provider I would like to say my side of this. A dear friend of mine in the hobby recently has a run in with a member who carried a gun to an appointment. And that member was an asshole about it and what he said and how he handled it could of been seen as threatening. Especially to a lone woman who has no history of shady activities and has worked independent for as long as she has been in this hobby.

I understand the importance of being safe, but wielding weapons? Really? I think if you are nervous enough about the meeting to feel the need to pack heat than don't go through with the meeting. But. It is your constitutional right to carry a firearm or other weapon. If you must I just say don't go flashing it. It can be seen as a threat when no threat is needed.

Myself, I have my CCW and yes, I have firearms in my home where I do my incalls. I am sure I am shooting myself in the foot by even saying this because we girls are already stereotyped as shady and criminals. Drug addicts, thieves, etc etc. And admitting that I, too, protect myself from the "just in case" will put my on a possibly "dangerous" list even though I have no reports of any bad activities. We are under constant scrutiny. Would you feel okay with a provider keeping a gun on hand? If not, then why? I feel it is a smart move myself.

Lazarus II
01-10-16, 03:18
I'm a believer in concealed carry (with CPL permit). To me that means everyday all the time. It's not a special occasion thing. If you don't normally carry but one day feel you need it, you are probably going somewhere you shouldn't or doing something you shouldn't. A Prosecutor might say, "So you were looking for trouble".

As I understand the Michigan Self Defense Act (our Stand Your Ground Law), you lose its protection if you are committing a crime. That means you might get sued civilly by next of kin even if the shooting was justified. It could also mean you DO have a duty to retreat, making things more complex for your tactics and legal defense.

Despite having said this, I'm torn. That first meeting is when I feel the most vulnerable, I also don't know how well I can secure and maintain control of my gun. Where will my clothes be? Who else is in the house? Is the girl sane? Bringing it later is mostly about not having another stolen gun on the streets. We are vulnerable (actually our parked cars) everywhere we go.

Tough decision. Ask your criminal defense attorney what you risk when you add a weapon to your mongering.

MojoFallin
01-10-16, 12:21
I'm a believer in concealed carry (with CPL permit). To me that means everyday all the time. It's not a special occasion thing. If you don't normally carry but one day feel you need it, you are probably going somewhere you shouldn't or doing something you shouldn't. A Prosecutor might say, "So you were looking for trouble".

As I understand the Michigan Self Defense Act (our Stand Your Ground Law), you lose its protection if you are committing a crime. That means you might get sued civilly by next of kin even if the shooting was justified. It could also mean you DO have a duty to retreat, making things more complex for your tactics and legal defense.

Despite having said this, I'm torn. That first meeting is when I feel the most vulnerable, I also don't know how well I can secure and maintain control of my gun. Where will my clothes be? Who else is in the house? Is the girl sane? Bringing it later is mostly about not having another stolen gun on the streets. We are vulnerable (actually our parked cars) everywhere we go.

Tough decision. Ask your criminal defense attorney what you risk when you add a weapon to your mongering.Good post. I've wondered the same thing. Any forum attorneys know?

Admin2
01-10-16, 23:50
We are liking where this conversation is right now. It's a reasonable discussion of rights and questions without endorsing potentially dangerous behavior.

We at the USASG like the dissemination of information, knowledge is power.

What will not be allowed on this thread are posts encouraging violence towards providers, nor any Dirty Harry wannabes.

A2

Lazarus II
01-11-16, 00:58
We are liking where this conversation is right now. It's a reasonable discussion of rights and questions without endorsing potentially dangerous behavior.

We at the USASG like the dissemination of information, knowledge is power.

What will not be allowed on this thread are posts encouraging violence towards providers, nor any Dirty Harry wannabes.

A2Statistically, those who hold a Concealed Pistol License, are less likely than Police Officers, as a group, to exhibit criminal behavior. We have been screened by instructors (since training in law and gun safety is mandatory) and been run though the national background check system (NICS). None of us are felons, domestic abusers or llegals. The hoops one jumps through varies by State. Michigan has just reached 500,000 licensees. As an aside, there are mandatory two year sentences for any weapons use or carry without a CPL. When you look at the number of adults 21 and older, about 1 in 27 are licensed.

Thanks for your support.

MojoFallin
01-11-16, 02:59
Like Lazarus, I carry quite often, not because I constantly feel threatened but because I feel the more you carry the more comfortable you are carrying He makes a good point also about the prosecutor wondering why you decided to carry on this particular occasion. I don't street monger any more but that would be where you would be in most danger of being hurt but at the same time it would be the most complicated and dangerous both physically and legally to use a weapon. I don't generally carry to BP / AMP situations because I feel if you do your homework even a little bit your pretty safe from physical harm or danger. Usually a bad situation there is a cash and dash. Just follow some simple rules. Research your provider. That's what this forum's about. Don't take $1000 with you for a $100 session. Just what you need and leave expensive jewelry at home. I figure if you get ripped off you're only out that much and consider it a lesson learned. If you were packing and the excitable type the simple ripoff can turn into a situation where someone gets badly hurt, publicity, etc. I'd rather kick myself in the ass and go home $100 lighter than explain how I got taken downtown for questioning, lawyer fees, SO issues, etc.

Lazarus II
01-11-16, 07:41
Like Lazarus, I carry quite often, not because I constantly feel threatened but because I feel the more you carry the more comfortable you are carrying He makes a good point also about the prosecutor wondering why you decided to carry on this particular occasion. I don't street monger any more but that would be where you would be in most danger of being hurt but at the same time it would be the most complicated and dangerous both physically and legally to use a weapon. I don't generally carry to BP / AMP situations because I feel if you do your homework even a little bit your pretty safe from physical harm or danger. Usually a bad situation there is a cash and dash. Just follow some simple rules. Research your provider. That's what this forum's about. Don't take $1000 with you for a $100 session. Just what you need and leave expensive jewelry at home. I figure if you get ripped off you're only out that much and consider it a lesson learned. If you were packing and the excitable type the simple ripoff can turn into a situation where someone gets badly hurt, publicity, etc. I'd rather kick myself in the ass and go home $100 lighter than explain how I got taken downtown for questioning, lawyer fees, SO issues, etc.Well said. I will always give up property. Its usually replaceable. Legal fees in a perfect situation are probably $1000 minimum for what they call deflection, $50,000 if you go to trial.

I want to comment on another situation and urge guys who allow girls to come to their homes to be extra carful. If you bring her home or let her visit there, think about any loaded and accessible weapons. Not only do you not want them stolen, you don't want them used against you by her or an accomplice. Be safe.

Our Stand Your Ground law (Self Defense Act of 2006) in State Police link follows below.

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/msp/Legal_Update_-_Sept_2006_173197_7.pdf

Admin2
01-11-16, 11:26
Statistically, those who hold a Concealed Pistol License, are less likely than Police Officers, as a group, to exhibit criminal behavior. We have been screened by instructors (since training in law and gun safety is mandatory) and been run though the national background check system (NICS). None of us are felons, domestic abusers or llegals. The hoops one jumps through varies by State. Michigan has just reached 500,000 licensees. As an aside, there are mandatory two year sentences for any weapons use or carry without a CPL. When you look at the number of adults 21 and older, about 1 in 27 are licensed.

Thanks for your support.I can't give statistics but my money says the majority of the "fuck those beatches I put a cap in their ass if de rip me off" assholes have only seen weapons used in the movies.

I'm kind of a rarity, I'm a confirmed second amendment guy that has no problem with waiting periods, background checks, nor limitations in rate of fire or magazine capacity. I believe that responsible citizens in a free country should have the right to own firearms designed for self defense. I probably wouldn't take one to see a hooker. Actually that's not true, it's more like this, I probably wouldn't see a hooker if I thought I might need a handgun when I saw her.