PDA

View Full Version : Petition: Senior Members Only Topic

SpartanKY
07-13-12, 10:01
Idea: Create a topic which can only be seen and posted in by Senior Members.

Benefits: Less drama, less fake accounts, smaller population, a greater feeling of trust.

Varoom
07-13-12, 10:23

Benefits: Less drama, less fake accounts, smaller population, a greater feeling of trust.Might be a good idea, however we could have 100 votes in favor and one against, and if the one against is Jackson, then it would be a no-go.

Do you know if this is possible to do with the capability of the site without creating major password and other hoops to jump thru?

So count me as a vote in favor of the idea, as long as it is possible.

SpartanKY
07-13-12, 18:02
I've seen other message boards code special topics or boards that are only for people who have a certain amount of tokens / karma / upvotes / etc. I also know that there is a mechanism in place that autoflags non-senior members from positing without moderator approval. So there is already a widget that Jackson uses that shows the board is aware of who is a senior member and who is not.

However, I do not know what sort of coding the website currently uses or how easy it would be to implement. Anyone else have any guesses?

Newbie 101
07-13-12, 19:24
Now? We have providers "flaming" one another on the provider advertisng board?

This place cracks me up! Thank you for the continued entertainment!

SpartanKY
07-14-12, 09:30
Now? We have providers "flaming" one another on the provider advertisng board?

This place cracks me up! Thank you for the continued entertainment!

101Hmm. Proof of need for SM-only board? This post was combative and barely legible. Newbie, you can be a respectable guy. If you want to edit your post to make it a bit easier to understand, please do so. A single sentence clarifying your position should be easy enough.

Dman1
07-14-12, 09:41
I like the idea. I just wish there was a way to ban the members on here cought lieing and delibertly misrepresenting themselves on here. Not to metion the constant flameing of people.

I have heard from several providers there are some members that continue to stalk, and extort them. We don't need those people on here.

Last time I checked we are mostly here for the same reasons and some have forgot that.

Buster6914
07-14-12, 21:23
I think new members need to learn from those who have been around longer. Yes it can be annoying and tiresome at times but it's not that hard to just ignore the trash and some new members do add good intel. Just sayin.

Dman1
07-15-12, 09:52
I think new members need to learn from those who have been around longer. Yes it can be annoying and tiresome at times but it's not that hard to just ignore the trash and some new members do add good intel. Just sayin.I understand your point. Thats why I say we should have a way to remove the instagaters from the line or the members that made this what it was won't be giving info anymore.

I don't see the harm in having the ability to decide for your self to keep it to sr. Members or to the entire board. If other sr's wish to pass the info to others I see no harm in that. Just gives the ones getting cray all the time to stay in the game and ditch the drama.

See now this is the level of discussion I remember on this board respectfull and calm.

Thanks for the comments.

SimonHeSays
07-15-12, 09:56
Said by a member with 36 posts. Just got your "senior" and you're already an elitist. The whole idea of sharing info is to help your fellow hobbiest and in the process learn and help yourself.

SpartanKY
07-15-12, 11:45
Said by a member with 36 posts. Just got your "senior" and you're already an elitist. The whole idea of sharing info is to help your fellow hobbiest and in the process learn and help yourself.Well, to be fair, this is something that takes a while to earn. It's something that I did look forward to and now want to take full advantage of. Based on your posting history, the only thing that is keeping you from senior membership is your time spent on the site. That's fine, that will go away soon enough.

Harry Harper
07-15-12, 13:20
Although I think it would cut down on a lot of dumb questions from the newbies. One must remember you were once a newbie and you had dumb questions also. Second, since you can become a senior member with time and posts, eventually a dumb newbie will be a senior member.

PhatDaty
07-15-12, 14:02
Might be a good idea, however we could have 100 votes in favor and one against, and if the one against is Jackson, then it would be a no-go.

Do you know if this is possible to do with the capability of the site without creating major password and other hoops to jump thru?

So count me as a vote in favor of the idea, as long as it is possible.I thought you and wingman had admin powers on this board.

BTBear
07-15-12, 14:15
First, Jackson, thank you for providing this little corner of the hobby.

Having a Senior Only Forum is much like what other boards already have, I. E. Indys-Vouched Only, another site-VIP Review Details and whatever Big Doggie has. Having those forums / venues DOES NOT cut down on the BS and dumb questions.

If Jackson were to spend any money on changing the board (which a programming change will cost) I personally think that it should go to two changes: 1.) Make the Provider Only ADs forum, just that. Provider ONLY. Recently there have been way too many examples of that forum becoming just another forum. Back and forth attacks, innuendos and unnecessary posts were more common than ads for a while. 2.) A better search function. As a very experienced "web surfer" who has used more search functions than I can shake a newbie's dick at, I find the search function here very cumbersome. Without an easy to use and effective search function on the site,"RTFF" can be very difficult if you are looking for specific information.

These are just my opinions and I am sorry if you consider this post as 'hijacking' the thread.

TBR1

SpartanKY
07-16-12, 00:13
Although I think it would cut down on a lot of dumb questions from the newbies. One must remember you were once a newbie and you had dumb questions also. Second, since you can become a senior member with time and posts, eventually a dumb newbie will be a senior member.Hmm, your first point is pretty valid. Of course, one would hope that a newbie would lose their dumbness on the way to becoming a senior member. Still, the notion of senior members being trendsetters for dumb newbies is interesting.

SpartanKY
07-16-12, 00:14
First, Jackson, thank you for providing this little corner of the hobby.

Having a Senior Only Forum is much like what other boards already have, I. E. Indys-Vouched Only, another site-VIP Review Details and whatever Big Doggie has. Having those forums / venues DOES NOT cut down on the BS and dumb questions.

If Jackson were to spend any money on changing the board (which a programming change will cost) I personally think that it should go to two changes: 1.) Make the Provider Only ADs forum, just that. Provider ONLY. Recently there have been way too many examples of that forum becoming just another forum. Back and forth attacks, innuendos and unnecessary posts were more common than ads for a while. 2.) A better search function. As a very experienced "web surfer" who has used more search functions than I can shake a newbie's dick at, I find the search function here very cumbersome. Without an easy to use and effective search function on the site,"RTFF" can be very difficult if you are looking for specific information.

These are just my opinions and I am sorry if you consider this post as 'hijacking' the thread.

TBR1Not hijacking at all. One great idea and one off-topic but still valid suggestion. I would imagine that you meant to say "topic" rather than "forum" though? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Dman1
07-17-12, 17:31
Said by a member with 36 posts. Just got your "senior" and you're already an elitist. The whole idea of sharing info is to help your fellow hobbiest and in the process learn and help yourself.So am I to understand there is a magic number before you can pitch an idea or post a comment?

Can I ask what that number is so those of us below that can set back and shut up?

CameronB
07-17-12, 18:34
Of course it's ultimately Jackson's decision. However I've been monitoring the dialogue here and have decided it's time to chime-in. I originally thought: "why a senior-only thread?" Now I think it's a good idea for the following reasons:

- Senior status is to some extent "earned" based on Jackson's standards (time + post volume). The most obvious advantage of becoming a senior is the "instant" (non moderated) post privilege. Therefore, why not add a "senior-only" thread as another earned privilege of becoming a senior?

- Seniors are typically sought for group announcements and / or questions by providers and seniors alike (AKA: "seniors PM me for digits"). Therefore, in a "senior-only" thread there's less of a need for PM-only communication which, for many of us seniors, becomes a big chore (but worthwhile toward cultivating community confidence). This isn't a substitute for PM's. Just an alternative when a mass senior-only announcement is desired by someone who deserves that exclusive audience.

My proposed new "senior-only" thread debate question:

As providers tend to award trust to Seniors simply based on their senior status, I propose that we debate whether or not providers ought to also be invited to participate in the senior-only thread as well. So:

Q: "Should providers also have access to participate in a new "senior-only" thread?"

My two cents.

Cam.

So am I to understand there is a magic number before you can pitch an idea or post a comment?

Can I ask what that number is so those of us below that can set back and shut up?

Dman1
07-22-12, 10:58
Of course it's ultimately Jackson's decision. However I've been monitoring the dialogue here and have decided it's time to chime-in. I originally thought: "why a senior-only thread?" Now I think it's a good idea for the following reasons:

- Senior status is to some extent "earned" based on Jackson's standards (time + post volume). The most obvious advantage of becoming a senior is the "instant" (non moderated) post privilege. Therefore, why not add a "senior-only" thread as another earned privilege of becoming a senior?

- Seniors are typically sought for group announcements and / or questions by providers and seniors alike (AKA: "seniors PM me for digits"). Therefore, in a "senior-only" thread there's less of a need for PM-only communication which, for many of us seniors, becomes a big chore (but worthwhile toward cultivating community confidence). This isn't a substitute for PM's. Just an alternative when a mass senior-only announcement is desired by someone who deserves that exclusive audience.

As providers tend to award trust to Seniors simply based on their senior status, I propose that we debate whether or not providers ought to also be invited to participate in the senior-only thread as well. So:

Q: "Should providers also have access to participate in a new "senior-only" thread?"

My two cents.

Cam.Thats why I thought an option to post for all to see or only senior was a good idea. That way they could read if they choose just not comment on thread.

Member #4733
07-22-12, 12:00

Benefits: Less drama, less fake accounts, smaller population, a greater feeling of trust.There should be a seperate venue for gentlemen to voice openly. Whether it be by Senior Status or some other criteria. The task at hand would be it's administration. PMs serve the purpose currently, but a private forum for the gentlemen to rant, rave, and review would be a benefit.

Keep in mind, there will always be White Knights and Defenders of the Queens, so even with the decrease in viewability, someone will share what is being discussed.

BTBear
07-22-12, 12:34
Not hijacking at all. One great idea and one off-topic but still valid suggestion. I would imagine that you meant to say "topic" rather than "forum" though? Correct me if I'm wrong.Forum. Topic. To me they are synonymous.

If Jackson does take the suggestion and creates a Senior Member Only area, it won't preclude or completely stop the drama. No matter how "private" there will always be a White Knight or two who will run and tell a provider what was said about her. I don't know why guys do it because I am quite sure that they still have to pay for the puss-puss like all of the slubs on the board.

MassageFreak
07-22-12, 18:15
A lot of seniors will not be truthful in the forums because the providers they have seen post here. We need a private area with no provider input to sway what anyone says.

There should be a seperate venue for gentlemen to voice openly. Whether it be by Senior Status or some other criteria. The task at hand would be it's administration. PMs serve the purpose currently, but a private forum for the gentlemen to rant, rave, and review would be a benefit.

Keep in mind, there will always be White Knights and Defenders of the Queens, so even with the decrease in viewability, someone will share what is being discussed.

Forest55
05-08-13, 19:12
Indys vouched guys only forum was set up for this and certainly was not confidential!

Forum. Topic. To me they are synonymous.

If Jackson does take the suggestion and creates a Senior Member Only area, it won't preclude or completely stop the drama. No matter how "private" there will always be a White Knight or two who will run and tell a provider what was said about her. I don't know why guys do it because I am quite sure that they still have to pay for the puss-puss like all of the slubs on the board.

PhatDaty
05-09-13, 10:10
I've seen other message boards code special topics or boards that are only for people who have a certain amount of tokens / karma / upvotes / etc. I also know that there is a mechanism in place that autoflags non-senior members from positing without moderator approval. So there is already a widget that Jackson uses that shows the board is aware of who is a senior member and who is not.

However, I do not know what sort of coding the website currently uses or how easy it would be to implement. Anyone else have any guesses?
Indys vouched guys only forum was set up for this and certainly was not confidential!Fuck Indys. The day this board becomes anything like that fucktard haven will be a sad day in hobbyworld.

USAG kicks Indys ass any day of the week, and Jackson and A2 have this place running like a well-oiled machine.

As you point out, the idea that anything is "private" over there is a joke. The wizards of this board don't need to imitate anyone-they have the best board in hobby world right here.

Keep all shit out in the open, that is the biggest vanguard to protect from sleazy tomfoolery. If you don't have the balls to say something in public, then don't fucking say it.

Upullandpay
07-01-13, 09:32
I gave a review about a WSW with red hair about a month ago! Gave out her # to maybe 10 Seniors. Some with under 40 feedback. Now she don't answer her phone and I have not seen her out for 3 1/2 weeks. I hope me passing out her # and posting her description on the board didn't get her in trouble. This had made me very leery about what I post and who I share info with. A more secure area would be nice for this reason

CameronB
07-01-13, 13:27
I've been enjoying a couple of local UTR's for almost a year now so, alas, my contributions to this board have been nearly nonexistent for a while now. As I'm in my early 60's, I've been around the world twice with more overseas monger experiences than domestic for sure. If you haven't tried Thailand, Philippeans, Colombia, Hungary, the Ukraine or Rio you won't realize that what we have here in the US is no where near the quality for the price. Don't get me wrong. There are amazing providers here in the US (and especially Cincinnati / Dayton). In fact, as far as the US is concerned, Cincinnati / Dayton / Columbus is absolutely one of the best regions for the hobby. But we're paying more than twice the international rates in comparison (and more often, suffering more than twice the drama). True, you have to spend some bank just to get to the world locations I've been. But in 90% of all of these other places, it's also 100% legal. But this hobby is about variety. No? Oh yeah, Admin2 has to be in heaven. I am well aware of his lifestyle as I've tasted it myself. I'm envious.

Anyway, back to the topic.

As you'll see in my post of nearly a year ago below, I asked the question whether there should be a "seniors only" thread only accessible to seniors. I also asked the follow-up question whether or not providers should have access. Perhaps it's time for two such threads?

1) Seniors only (no providers or non seniors).

2) Seniors and providers only.

I continue to check into this board because it's so interesting. I miss the hunt for sure. But these UTR's definitely keep me satiated. They'll expire and I'll be back again when that happens. In the mean time, my earlier points from a year ago still stand in terms of my suggestion that the above Senior only thread proposals can act as a motivator for newbies to actively participate in this board. I still believe that.

Lastly, the Octagon is amazing. It does not surprise me that the Octagon thread occurred in the Cincinnati board because nowhere else in the country is the monger community this strong. Oh yeah, Indy's sucks.

Cam.

My two cents.

Cam.

Whathesaid
07-01-13, 13:54
Still have to watch ourselves (and especially protect our UTR ladies) but a board with senior members only would provide a level of security. Several other major boards have separate gentleman and provider only forums. Since there's no such thing as a "senior provider" level here, I'd suggest leaving the ladies out so more candid discussions can take place. I've been pressured to write favorable reviews once and had to write between the lines because the lady would be able to see it, but a seniors forum would be better to put out the caveats at least.

Hairy2
09-11-13, 21:48
The idea for a senior forum is a lot like the unions, great for those who belong, not so great for those who do not belong. And an argument can be made that it negatively impacts the long-term viability of the board.

Let me explain. The Sr only board will have better info, while the newbies wallow in their own filth with a bunch of shitty threads with bad info, flaming, nonsense questions and general BS. If the "general population" threads are not valuable, then the newbies will move on and the long-term viability of the forum is diminished.

I realize not all of my posts have been useful, but at least I have not been told to RTFF. Maybe some of my reports have been useful. If so, then that utility.

Is owed to my ability to dip my, uh, toe, into the pool of P4P puntang and to do so with confidence and knowledge gained through reading posts of both seniors and newbies. Thanks.

Forest55
09-23-13, 17:56
We can all use PM's, but it would be nice to have a greater freedom to talk to the senior hobbiests on sensitive issues that are not open to anyone, including LE to read and utilize.

I have no agend about not sharing what is important with regulars, but do limit my posts to what can be read by any and everyone. Not sure that is healthy about sharing some sensitive topics before they are made public to anyone.

This is not preventing you from "hobbying", but deciding what is able to be shared in a trusted way can sometimes be tricky.

BTW, I hold nothing against them, but have never been a union member, but being a senior is not a dues paying thing LOL.

The idea for a senior forum is a lot like the unions, great for those who belong, not so great for those who do not belong. And an argument can be made that it negatively impacts the long-term viability of the board.

Let me explain. The Sr only board will have better info, while the newbies wallow in their own filth with a bunch of shitty threads with bad info, flaming, nonsense questions and general BS. If the "general population" threads are not valuable, then the newbies will move on and the long-term viability of the forum is diminished.

I realize not all of my posts have been useful, but at least I have not been told to RTFF. Maybe some of my reports have been useful. If so, then that utility.

Is owed to my ability to dip my, uh, toe, into the pool of P4P puntang and to do so with confidence and knowledge gained through reading posts of both seniors and newbies. Thanks.

Waltmore
09-23-13, 21:30
We can all use PM's, but it would be nice to have a greater freedom to talk to the senior hobbiests on sensitive issues that are not open to anyone, including LE to read and utilize.

I have no agend about not sharing what is important with regulars, but do limit my posts to what can be read by any and everyone. Not sure that is healthy about sharing some sensitive topics before they are made public to anyone.

This is not preventing you from "hobbying", but deciding what is able to be shared in a trusted way can sometimes be tricky.

BTW, I hold nothing against them, but have never been a union member, but being a senior is not a dues paying thing LOL.If you think LE are not included as senior members, then you are sadly mistaken. LE is all over this site, time and posts do not prove that you are not LE, just that you have made the requisite number of posts and spent the required time. You cannot even be assured that PM's aren't initiated and answered by senior "LE" members. There is little to nothing that can be done to stop LE from becoming seniors without drastically altering this site. As always.

WarlockKy
09-24-13, 22:15
If you think LE are not included as senior members, then you are sadly mistaken. LE is all over this site, time and posts do not prove that you are not LE, just that you have made the requisite number of posts and spent the required time. You cannot even be assured that PM's aren't initiated and answered by senior "LE" members. There is little to nothing that can be done to stop LE from becoming seniors without drastically altering this site. As always.If you want a really good read look up Operation Flea Collar and Hillsboro Co, FL PD and you can see just how far a board with "vetted" members can be breached.

LonelyGuy1976
09-26-13, 11:37
If you think LE are not included as senior members, then you are sadly mistaken. LE is all over this site, time and posts do not prove that you are not LE, just that you have made the requisite number of posts and spent the required time. You cannot even be assured that PM's aren't initiated and answered by senior "LE" members. There is little to nothing that can be done to stop LE from becoming seniors without drastically altering this site. As always.It is imperative that all the true mongers read the past posts from people on the boards and do what this site says and use your good judgement to determine their credibility. If someone doesn't have posts then they have zero credibility. If all they offer is rehashed info available to anyone with an internet connection then their credibility is questionable at best. I have the opinion that you should have to TOFTT at least 3-5 times before gaining senior status. And having a separate thread for seniors would be a waste because of all of the bullshit seniors that already exist. And forget about keeping anything from providers that would want access. They would just find some poor sap to let them in or just make up a dummy account themselves. It's a losing battle. Keeping anonymity on this board doesn't have to be. Watch your ass and when you post keep the details general. Put up the menu and if it was worthwhile. Don't describe how you banged her out on your stingray corvette. Time and again we see posts from dudes that would allow a provider or pimp or possibly another monger pick them out from a crowd. If it is misdirection then good for you. If it isn't then it is pure stupidity.