PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Drivers with Special Certiticates

Bus Nut
10-05-11, 14:54
Some of us with a class A or B license also have a special certificate of one kind or another.

I was looking up something in the Vehicle Code and discovered that a special certificate may be revoked or cancelled if convicted of a provider related offense. Also if you partake within a given distance of a school, etc.

As such, look around the area where you might be. Night near one of these places may look good, but if Uncle comes around it might be even more of a problem than usual. Other states may have similar laws (or city / county ordinances) in effect, might be worth looking into.

It's not going to stop me from mongering, but it means I will be aware of where I go.

Magikal Massag
07-31-12, 20:19
Remember they may take the vehicle also. I did a recovery once that cost my company $7k to not let the customer know his product was in police impound. The hr person who sent me told me that it was worse to a driver than rolling a vehicle. Also in some states they take your liscence not just enforcements.

So always be careful. Offer her a coke inside or a ride but never speak outside the vehicle. Commerce City, CO tookat7 trucks that night on 7 day impounds.