PDA

View Full Version : 1501 Aftermath

Miler
08-29-11, 16:16
It's been weeks since the bust but there are still a lot of comments on this. If they were in a separate thread, they could be followed more easily for those who are interested. And the comments would not be a distraction for those reading the other three threads who are not so interested.

WildRider
08-31-11, 12:05
I have heard that Johns are getting contact from LEO about 1501. Any truth to this? If you know how to handle such an inquiry properly clue me in. My take for the Johns would be to simply deny they

Have been to 1501.

WR

Legal Eagle
09-01-11, 16:38
Denials will be fruitful only if law enforcement can't identify services rendered through other means. The situation at present is:

1. Cooperating witnesses.

2. Client list (limited to the media-reported 400 or so clients if accurate)

And.

3. Computer records of services rendered.

There is also the issue of these money-drop envelopes alluded to in earlier media reports. These envelopes bore written information about the girl being paid, the client she saw (may not be correct names of course) and the date of the service. I have heard from at least one source that some of the envelopes identified the service rendered. I'm awaiting confirmation about the service information from an additional source, so I wouldn't run with this just yet.

A prudent man might wait to see what information law enforcement possesses before making any statement.

SteveF111
09-02-11, 15:24
So what do you guys think will actually come of this client list? Do you believe the police will contact all 400 people on the list? If so, will they try and press charges against them? Or maybe try and persuade them to testify against the owners of the business?

My friend said he went there a couple of times about 6 months ago. He used his regular cell phone to make the appointment. Didn't see any of the girls that got arrested. Do you think he will be hearing from the police? And if he does what should he do? Deny that he was there, contact an attorney or what?

What do you think's going to happen?

I have heard that Johns are getting contact from LEO about 1501. Any truth to this? If you know how to handle such an inquiry properly clue me in. My take for the Johns would be to simply deny they

Have been to 1501.

WR

Miler
09-03-11, 15:13
[QUOTE=SteveF111; 1269399]So what do you guys think will actually come of this client list? Do you believe the police will contact all 400 people on the list? If so, will they try and press charges against them? Or maybe try and persuade them to testify against the owners of the business?

My only attempt at a helpful comment, Steve, is that normally the people on a client list are not contacted at all. I don't have any inside information on the 1501 case (if you're interested you can keep track of the Raids / Busts thread) , but I have firsthand knowledge of a couple of other busts that seem similar to 1501, and in those two cases there was never any follow-up at all with respect to clients listed in the businesses' records. Zillions of massage parlors have been busted in the USA in the last 30 years, and I think that the extensive investigation and prosecution that some people are fearing here would be virtually unprecedented for this kind of case. Of course nobody knows for sure about the future. I could be wrong but people who write with confident certainty that awful things will happen could also be wrong.

Varoom
09-03-11, 15:42
[ edit delete ] - My friend . He used his regular cell phone to make the appointment. Didn't see any of the girls that got arrested. ?If there was EVER a compelling case for using a "burn phone", I would say the case of the 1501 and client list, is certainly it.

SnowPlow13
09-05-11, 23:10
I don't see the client list going anywhere. I never made it to 1501, I wanted to, glad I didn't now. Just becuase your name is on a list of clients doen't mean you did anything illegal while there. Plenty of men went there and got bad massages and nothing else. If you are contacted by LEO just don't admit anything. They will say they have "evidence" against you, tell them you know that they are lying because "that never happened" and I am sure they will back down.

Legal Eagle
09-06-11, 03:51
I don't see the client list going anywhere. I never made it to 1501, I wanted to, glad I didn't now. Just becuase your name is on a list of clients doen't mean you did anything illegal while there. Plenty of men went there and got bad massages and nothing else. If you are contacted by LEO just don't admit anything. They will say they have "evidence" against you, tell them you know that they are lying because "that never happened" and I am sure they will back down.Better to say nothing at all, denial or otherwise. It's not prudent to deny something unless and until you know what evidence they have prior to making the denial. In most cases, saying nothing cannot be used against you in court. Denying something which may later be proven false is, legally-speaking, categorically worse.

Varoom
09-06-11, 09:54
If you are contacted by LEO just don't admit anything. They will say they have "evidence" against you, tell them you know that they are lying because "that never happened" and I am sure they will back down."That never happened", THAT IS TOO MUCH already. That is a comment, even if not intended. It is a denial and that by itself could set you up more than you want it to.

If contacted tell them you have NO comment and if they would like to speak to someone they can talk to your Atty. NOTHING more. Notta, ZIP, Nuttin.

They will move on to pick some lower hanging fruit; (with loose lips)

Golfcart
09-06-11, 13:33
I have followed the discussion of 1501 only generally. People seem to be assuming a lot of things with little basis in fact, asking the wrong questions and not getting the right questions answered. This happens when a problem is not approached from from the standpoint of how the world really turns, which happens when people are scared. I think it is time to step back and think clearly.

The wrong question, what to say when called, and the answer, to hang up without saying a word the minute the caller identifies himself as a police detective or the caller shows he is calling about the 1501 situation, is correctly answered. It's still the wrong question.

In the real world police detectives do not call suspects or persons of interest on the telephone. They pay them a personal visit. If anything happens the registrant of the number will be paid a personal visit. So shut the door. And don't say a word when shutting the door the moment the person standing there identifies himself as a police officer or appears to be there regarding this situation. And as the police detective starts talking faster as the door is closing do not slow the closing of that door. Of course the police detective will be angered. That is the lesser of the two evils, the other evil being lying to the police officer. So it is an issue of doing what is the least worst. In these situations we do the least worst.

Not that I think any of this will happen, I don't, but the above is the correct question and the correct answer.